CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 12

What evolutionary stage will Syclant be at?

• Basic (it doesn't evolve or have pre-evos)

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Secondary (it has a pre-evo, but doesn't evolve)

Votes: 137 64.9%
  • Final (two pre-evos)

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh crap, forgot this part. Sorry for double post, no edit function...

Just cause it looks like an Ant and is named for one, it doesn't mean we have to be stereotypical with its pokedex entry. There are species of solitary (and rather large ants) that hunt and kill prey by themselves.

Hope you like my Dex entires. :D

I don't really know why, but I say secondary. Basic just doesn't seem to work and 3 evolutions seems like too much.

@goodbar- They need more cool dex entries, like that one of Tyranitar demolishing entire mountains from...I think it was Silver. That was badass. I figure if we have such a badass looking pokemon, it needs a somewhat cooler dex entry than "they collect food together, singing and dancing, while supervised by the adults". I added the middle part myself for effect.:naughty:

Only thing I don't like about it is how seperated the top and the bottom of the body. If you shorted that up it would be better.

I like what evovles into it better though

How about something concerning the coldness of it, like being near it too long can drop body temperatures to a fatal level, or causing the lakes it crosses to freeze below it or something? A suggestion anyways

EDIT: shiiit i'm about to hit 2,000 posts :naughty:

Ok this is the comiled list of Dex entries from Poll 10:
Final Evo's Entries:
-Mine:
1st: Due to living in such rocky areas, these POKEMON have acquired an extremely hard iceshell.
2nd: These POKEMON has developed extra eyes to accurately scout for prey, even in the harshest blizzard.

Rendition of ~Trogdor~:
1st: [Final name]s are said to live in the coldest and highest places. When it gets too hot, an ice cacoon is formed to trap the cold inside
2nd: Un-suspecting Delibirds and Snorunts are hunted and taken back to the castle to be later eaten by this POKEMON and its colony.

I didn't think i needed to use Sunday's since we both agreed on mine.

Rendition of Jibaku:
1st one:
1st: While thriving in freezing mountains, this POKEMON builds its own ice castles. Once the weather conditions become too harsh, this POKEMON creats a durable ice shield that protects it from incoming damage.
2nd: This POKEMON has been living in such blinding conditions that it has grown an extra set of eyes that help it catch its prey.

2nd one:
1st: This POKEMON lives in such large colonies that if an invader enters the castle, it is swiftly finished off.
2nd: since this POKEMON controls the ice castle, its highly developed eys are used to snipe intruders. then the [insert Pre-Evos name] go and fetch what is to become dinner.

Pre-evo's Entries:

1st: This POKEMON searches for food in groups and will not return to the colony until food has been found.
2nd: While searching for food in packs, and adult [Insert final Evo name here] accompanies this POKEMON incase of any danger.

I had to re-vamp the ones that i didn't make up, because they were too long. I think the next poll is this.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol, poll over, start 13 :P

@ majesty - I'm not sure if I like the idea of such a carnivorous pokemon

Ash Ketchum: "Go Syclant" *in annoying nasally voice*
Syclant: *eats Ash*

hmmm, maybe this isn't such a bad idea...
Pikachu would just aim for the horn and it would be all over.

"These POKEMON is known to inject liquid "ice" into it's prey, slowly killing in a agnoizing and painful death. After killing it's prey does it take it to it's nest for feasting."

My Crappy version of it.

"These POKEMON is known to inject liquid "ice" into it's prey, slowly killing in a agnoizing and painful death. After killing it's prey does it take it to it's nest for feasting."

My Crappy version of it.
Wouldn't liquid ice be this strange substance called water?

I think of this pokemon as being really seclusive, away from most living stuff. Can't it just feed off scarce artic vegetation? Also I don't like the idea of "ice castles", let's just keep it at underground ice colonies or something. Just some more thoughts...

EDIT: This would also give them their own little "Old Chateau" like ghastlies, etc, which would be pretty cool.
How the hell and where and what do I make my 2,000 post???

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think of this pokemon as being really seclusive, away from most living stuff. Can't it just feed off scarce artic vegetation? Also I don't like the idea of "ice castles", let's just keep it at underground ice colonies or something. Just some more thoughts...
Maybe because the fact that people suggested the Order moves, Vespiquen and her amber honey castle came to mind lol

Bull of Heaven

This POKEMON has been living in such blinding conditions that it has grown an extra set of eyes that help it catch its prey.
This POKEMON lives in such large colonies that if an invader enters its ice castle, it is swiftly finished off.
These are the ones that I think we should use. Both were written by Jibaku. A slight change to one is in bold.

My dex:

"It uses the Ice Cannons on it's arms and strong limbs to hunt down Mamoswines, Abomasnow, and other large pokemon on frozen volcanos as a swarm. After it has made the kill, the new nest is made near the carcus, for food,shelter, and to feed young[pre-evo].

"Sylants and Macargos have developed Symbiotic relationship. In which, the Macargos live out of the cold in the hives of Sylants, heating the eggs. First hand reserch by Professor Birch, confirms that they also work as a team to protect their homes."

Also, How big is this thing? If it's less then 2 feet, I change ned to change the first 1. IMO it should be atleast 4 feet tall. Or else it'll be a joke, trying to take on a Tyraitar of somthing

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My dex:

"It uses the Ice Cannons on it's arms and strong limbs to hunt down Mamoswines, Abomasnow, and other large pokemon on frozen volcanos as a swarm. After it has made the kill, the new nest is made near the carcus, for food,shelter, and to feed young[pre-evo].

"Sylants and Macargos have developed Symbiotic relationship. In which, the Macargos live out of the cold in the hives of Sylants, heating the eggs. First hand reserch by Professor Birch, confirms that they also work as a team to protect their homes."
I honestly doubt Syclant eats something like Mamoswine and Abomasnow. First of all, Mamoswine would beat it up with Stone Edge, and second they're both too big for it to eat. Unless they do it in groups, which I read, but stuff like Snorunt is actually more reasonable. I don't see bugs taking on mammoths...

I'm not sure if Magcargos live in cold weather. It says that their shells are brittle and something like that.

Ash Ketchum: "Go Syclant" *in annoying nasally voice*
Syclant: *eats Ash*
James seemed to be fine with Victreebel for five seasons, or something like that.

I really should just move onto the next poll, but I want to pick the best dex entries and have people decide here the best ones to vote on. Anything involving carnivorous behavior or slow and agonizing deaths are probably too graphic for Nintendo to include in the game.

Where it specifically described how such behavior was accomplished? Saying "POKEMON eats creatures" is fine, but saying "POKEMON injects small animals with a poison that slowly decays their body from the inside, while POKEMON uses sharp fangs to cut creature into tiny pieces" is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)