CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 13, part 2

What dex entry should we use for Syclant (PICK TWO)?

• Entry 1

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 6

Votes: 65 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two votes. Six entries. One Day. Vote now.

1.) "Known as the 'bullies of the mountain,' SYCLANT often coerce DELIBIRD to give up their presents, as a single DELIBIRD present can sustain a PRE-EVO'S NAME unit for an entire week."

2.) "The forelimbs of this POKEMON have become ice cannons, enabling it to freeze victims instantly. It is often aggressive, having a voracious appetite for newly frozen victims."

3.) "Wild SYCLANT are fearsome predators. Even in harsh blizzards they can quickly chase down their prey with stunning agility. Should a DELIBIRD find itself near a colony, it would be swarmed almost immediately."

4.) "Female SYCLANT tend to be less aggressive than males, but defend their eggs with brute force if needed. All SYCLANT are a potent force in battle, but also are courteous fighters. Should one knock down an opponent, it won't attack until its foe gets back up."

5.) "Wild SYCLANTs are very aggressive, so much so that they live alone. They train by breaking apart large glaciers."

6.) "The icicles on SYCLANT's back grow bigger as it gets older, the older a SYCLANT is the longer the icicles are. The icicles are 100x stronger than any POKEMON's bone and razor sharp."

Also, please don't base your decision on grammar errors. I know they're there, but I don't fix them. Weird. However, they will be corrected when the top entries are picked. Please vote on content alone. Thanks.

lol I saw this thread before the poll appeared, and I also got the first votes. Voted 1 and 5, because I like them best lol. Only real reason I have.

went for 4 and 6.
4 because it reminds me of gallade, and six cuz it didn't have anything about being aggressive or a bully.

I don't like #6, since Rhydon's bones are 1,000x stronger then human bones. Since Syclant's icicles are 100x harder then that (assuming Rhyhorn's bones are the hardest of pokemon which is doubtful) its at least 100,000x harder then human bones.

An adult human's leg bone can take roughly 600 pounds of force from the side (placing it horizontally).

Does that mean Syclant's ice spines can take 60,000,000 pounds of pressure? Or 30,000 tons...

Thats a little high, even for pokemon.

Anyway, I vote 1 and 4. They both sound like dex entries.

I voted for four and six. Four because I like the protective nature and the "courteous fighters" bit, and six because it has nothing to do with them killing stuff and PokeDex entries seem to like big numbers.

By the way, are there just going to be two winners, or three? If Nintendo likes their money, a third game be could released this generation.

Voted 5 and 6. To me, they seem like what would actaully appear in a Dex entry.

Wow, this poll is still really close.

EDIT: Nice how some people dont know how to pick two entries. 35 people and 76 votes....

I don't like #6, since Rhydon's bones are 1,000x stronger then human bones. Since Syclant's icicles are 100x harder then that (assuming Rhyhorn's bones are the hardest of pokemon which is doubtful) its at least 100,000x harder then human bones.

An adult human's leg bone can take roughly 600 pounds of force from the side (placing it horizontally).

Does that mean Syclant's ice spines can take 60,000,000 pounds of pressure? Or 30,000 tons...

QFT. Perhaps saying the icicles are as strong as bone wound suffice, but that hard is just ridiculous, even for pokemon.

I know you said not to judge on this, but some of the ideas for the dex entries could sound better while staying on track. moot though.

I voted 5 and 3.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Anyway, I vote 1 and 4. They both sound like dex entries.
i love this logic, yes this needs changeing. how many cars would that be?

oh and i prefer your name now.

5 and 6, because I like them best.

Cooper, I know you said you won't correct the grammar until they're complete, but I think it would be best to correct them now (during part 2) so part 3 will have them all "finalized," I guess? It's better for us, as voters, to see the final version prior to the voting than see it after. Just another less thing people could complain about? (like that Ice Shell --> Mountaineer thing.. >.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)