CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 6, part 2

What will be the ability of our new pokemon?

• Compound Eyes

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • Ice Shell

Votes: 67 45.6%
  • Snow Warning

Votes: 37 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I use Tenta in my current team, and it's not hail XD And Fortress is more likely to carry SR or Spikes anyway.

voted Ice Shell again, sadly missed the change however. While this still helps it as it is still protected from Stealth Rock, it has eliminated it's main threat (except any Fire typed move not named ember/WOW/Fire Spin) that would keep it out of the game. besides, it seems pretty awsome anyway.

but I do see that this would be on everybody and their mom's team if Ice Shell had kept its old Meaning, and even though this was the second time I voted for Ice Shell, Intimidate> Snow Warning- I mean we need some more pokemon families with personal traits here...lol

* I will say that on one of my teams I run TS/Spikes Fortrress.... but I say Tentacruel is awsome too though i've never made/used one

I know it is a little late to say it, but it could use Drizzle to help with that fire weak. I went for Ice Shell, because given the options, that is its best bet at surviving in the game.

I think the new ice shell is probably the best approach that could have been taken considering what people wanted.

Nobody wants to switch into 50% damage on this thing, that's obvious.

Giving it immunity to SR is obviously what most people want.

Why should it get Immunity then to Spikes and Toxic Spikes though? Those take more effort to set up, and can't do 50% damage on switch.

The new Ice Shell gives immunity to SR, and on top of that it has the added bonus of immunity to Rock Slide, Stone Edge and etc on the switch in. I can't imagine that initial block of Rock attack happening too often either.

I can see people possibly attempting baiting out a Rock move and switching into this bug, but if SR is already up I can't imagine someone already having out a poke who's rock-weak(to get a rock attack) just to take that sort of gamble. Even then, if they don't OHKO the Rock user, then the bug is dead.

I voted for Snow Warning still though, Abomasnow smells.

I'd like to reiterate my reasons for picking Snow Warning from before but then again I don't want to sound like a broken record.

VOTE SNOW WARNING
MORE OPTIONS FOR YOUR TEAM
MORE ACCURACY TO YOUR BLIZZARD
MORE REDUCTION OF FOCUS SASHERS

I'd like to reiterate my reasons for picking Snow Warning from before but then again I don't want to sound like a broken record.

VOTE SNOW WARNING
MORE OPTIONS FOR YOUR TEAM
MORE ACCURACY TO YOUR BLIZZARD
MORE REDUCTION OF FOCUS SASHERS
Yes, yes, yes, yes.
+ IT MEANS THAT ABOMA ISNT THE ONLY OPTION FOR HAIL

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
VOTE COMPOUNDEYES!

MORE ACCURACY FOR ALL YOUR ATTACKS, NOT JUST BLIZZARD
DOESN'T SCREW OVER THE 5 OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM
WORKS IF YOUR OPPONENT SWITCHES IN TYRANITAR OR HIPPOWDON.

Well hopefully you can have it help the other five members of your team, not hurt them.

And what Hippowdon in their right mind is going to switch into a STAB base 120 (?) Special Ice attack. He better be packing a Focus Sash.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well hopefully you can have it help the other five members of your team, not hurt them.

And what Hippowdon in their right mind is going to switch into a STAB base 120 (?) Special Ice attack. He better be packing a Focus Sash.
Predict Megahorn/X-Scissor/Earthquake/Stone Edge, remove hail.

This is like saying who switches Magnezone into Bronzong Earthquake. You switch your pokemon in on a move that won't hit it SE, then either switch out or in Zone/Zong case, Magnet Rise.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Even with Ice Shell protecting it from only SR damage, its still enough to make me want to pick it over other choices. SR is a deadly set-up to Pokemon weak to it.
Actually, it isn't just SR damage, but Stone Edge, Rock Side, Rock Throw, Power Gem and Ancientpower; but just when the pokémon switches in.

1. Thats only 1 pokemon not taking damage from SR
Magic Guard Clefable.

About the ability, I'd vote for Ice Shell, but... I demand a good explanation about why a shell made of ice protects the pokémon of Rock-type moves. It might be a really thick and hard shell...

But, if you are going to change the name, I won't see any problem.

Yes, the name will be changed to Mountaineer. Not only does it make more sense flavor-wise, but it also means more pokemon outside the Ice type can use it.

COME ON PEOPLE VOTE FOR SNOW WARNING!!! WHY TAKE A 9% CHANCE OF YOUR STRONGEST ATTACK MISSING WHEN YOU COULD HAVE IT HIT 100%!?!? PLUS YOU CAN DITCH THAT FAT UGLY CHRISTMAS TREE ON YOUR HAIL TEAM!! AND HOW OFTEN DO SANDSTREAMERS SWITCH IN ON ATTACKS THAT CAN KILL THEM!?!?

The only reason that I support CE over SW, is because Auto-Weather Change Pokemon (TTar, Ogre, Don, Hippo, Obama) all have just one trait. So, as Weather Traits seem to be single-exclusive, I'll have to take Compound Eyes.

But this wouldn't be ability exclusive! Nintendo, if by some slight chance they accept this into the 5th gen, might make it that way, but for the pruposes of this program, it wouldn't be.

Nha, I just want to keep this within the bounds of viability. If you do want Ninty to use it (oh yesh), then it has to actually work.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hypothetically, if this switched into a rock polish from a ttar or steelix, would it negate that too (even though most people dont use rock polish)

I voted Ice Shell because this monster, as cool as it sounds, has horrible typing, and is fragile. Therefore, if we decide to give a Pokemon such bad typing, we should also try and give it immunity to SR instead of take 50% on a switch.
Yeah, otherwise SR would rip this pokemon apart.

Great ability....Ice Shell

But it probably should be called Rock or Hard Shell

I voted for Ice Shell but my second would be Snow Warning because it would give so many more options to teams. Face it people compound eyes isn't going to see much if any use with IceShell as the other ability. However if it has snowwarning then it makes a very good alternative to aboma even though a fragile one.

Fellow Smogoners I move that Cooper as the Creator of the Poll invoke his emergency powers to make Snow Warning the second ability. We must do this to ensure a better metagame for the future of our suffering NoobChomp filled realm.

Thank you

Please note that he must relinquish these powers a soon as this crisis has abated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)