Smogon's Forum Invitational - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
The "badge" is actually one of CAL's three official tournament trophies. He used to be a super moderator there though (not anymore), due to the fact that he was an Elite Four leader (part of CAL's gym challange) and tournament director, but if you want to call us desperate for giving mods to a member just because of their post count when they've actually contributed a lot to the website be my guest...

EDIT: Well its supermods, but I never said he was an admin, hitmyladee did, and I don't think he's even registered at CAL lol

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
mods??? the other guy said admins... get your story straight thx

well he's not even mods anymore so hitmyladee is a tremendous downer really :|

Yo quit bumping this thread with BS. Every time I see a new post I think a match was played, and I click to just be disappointed w/ dumb bickering.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
hey phil i would appreciate if you would stop bumping this thread with BS i saw your post and i thought a match was done just to be disappointed with dum bickerin

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Teehee :3

Smogon b (Marr,TU,CAL)-
Stone- Admin over at TU
Panamaxis- Admin at CAL
Delta 2777- Mod and major member of CAL
Krack- Pure Marri.
Ciele- He's been quite the contributor to CAL lately
Heist- fairly active on both Marri and CAL
Legendary_07- first CAL league champion
Iconic- TU mod
Reyscarface- Not even gonna try. We totally stole him from you and we liked it.

Let me use the same metaphor I used on Marri to defuse this stuff.

In american hockey good players from across globe gather to the NHL because of how competitive it. Much like good poke players come to smogon for some competition. However once the olympics come around the corner the canadians go back to canada and same for the other country's. Some just so they can get a spot in the olympics others because of nationalism however that's exactly what happened here.

Even an established AMERICAN NHL league member like Sydney Crosby(smogonite) has a home somewhere else in Canada(other site).
Good post. This should hopefully put an end to the bickering. If Libelldra was allowed to be a part of Gamefaqs I might have considered joining them as it is :P

However hitmyladee, the thing is, unlike Canada / a home, a lot of these people don't actually "go back." They hardly post in gamefaqs / CAL / TU / whatever anymore. Crosby goes back to Canada and visits relatives. The thing a lot of people are getting annoyed with is that the people who are actually mostly active in smogon areas like irc are claiming they are MORE these other sites NOW than smogon, which is just silly.

You can certainly take the nostalgic "home" route and I believe it would be legitimate, but know that the majority of a few non Smogon teams are basically smogon NOW.

Anyway, too many people take this way too seriously. Stop being giant vaginas and just play lol, otherwise I'm gonna have to start infracting and I hate doing that in tournament threads.

csb eternal + random. all those guys are more active on smogon, smogon IRC channels and their splinters and if panas an admin of cal how comes he has a single badge and 92 posts?!? sounds like you guys are just desperate LOL.
Is this really becoming an argument? After talking about it with atticus this tournament really didnt accomplish what it could've... When faq's almost warred smogon way back in the day it was fun because we had never been to smogon and wanted to be better but it broke down because of bs Curt and nigga slims from faqs. Technically youre right, but why does everyone have to keep posting it like they dont wanna play? If you dont like the set up you never had to play in the first place

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Funny.

Dont you all think its kinda dumb to express that other teams are Smogon-abc? I mean it would be an hella interesting Tournament with only Smogon represent, huh?

The Winner of the Smogonforum-vs.-Smogonforum-Tournament is Smogon. Gratulations for accomplishing this hard task.
This sounds exciting, dont ya think?

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay, so I should post to clarify what happened between me and eternal. We actually played about a week ago. I had the advantage early but then he got a couple lucky turns and was able to get back in the game...and then he dc'd. Unfortunately the TD's are refusing to give me the win since the battle still could've gone either way. Also, unfortunately any form of replaying puts me at a disadvantage.

1. Replaying the same moves: Sorry, but I do not trust eternal enough to not change his spreads/movesets to give himself an advantage in that late game situation.

2. Replaying same teams different moves: Sorry, I had at least one surprise kill so replaying this scenario immediately loses me that advantage.

3. Replaying different teams: Generally I hate doing this but it looks like I have no other choice. Unfortunately, whether intentional or not, eternal has managed to see every team of mine through other tournies I've played him or I've played his teammates in team tournies. I chose the team I used against him for a reason, because I thought it would give me the best chance to win. It just doesn't seem fair to me that I now have to go with some second rate team.

Unfortunately, since that seems like the only option, it means I have to get a new team together that I'm comfortable enough with. So this might take a couple days.

Okay, so I should post to clarify what happened between me and eternal. We actually played about a week ago. I had the advantage early but then he got a couple lucky turns and was able to get back in the game...and then he dc'd. Unfortunately the TD's are refusing to give me the win since the battle still could've gone either way. Also, unfortunately any form of replaying puts me at a disadvantage.

1. Replaying the same moves: Sorry, but I do not trust eternal enough to not change his spreads/movesets to give himself an advantage in that late game situation.

2. Replaying same teams different moves: Sorry, I had at least one surprise kill so replaying this scenario immediately loses me that advantage.

3. Replaying different teams: Generally I hate doing this but it looks like I have no other choice. Unfortunately, whether intentional or not, eternal has managed to see every team of mine through other tournies I've played him or I've played his teammates in team tournies. I chose the team I used against him for a reason, because I thought it would give me the best chance to win. It just doesn't seem fair to me that I now have to go with some second rate team.

Unfortunately, since that seems like the only option, it means I have to get a new team together that I'm comfortable enough with. So this might take a couple days.
Actually, I did not get lucky anywhere during the whole game. Do you want me to pull the log and explain? And how I looked at it, I had a much higher chance of winning the game than losing. I can also explain that from the log if need be (which I already explained to KG).

"eternal has managed to see every team of mine through other tournies I've played him or I've played his teammates in team tournies."

How did I manage to see every team of yours? I did not even scout your battle against Stone when you asked me to leave. And I know some of the pokes you used during the battle because it was being discussed on my team's IRC. And I wouldn't even call it scouting. And I can't remember the last time I even watched you battle before we battled last week. So I don't understand where you're coming up with all these accusations from.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why are you getting your knickers in a twist? He never claimed that you scouted him. He claimed that you know information about his teams through either direct or indirect means. This is exactly what you just said.

Eternal said:
I did not even scout your battle against Stone when you asked me to leave. And I know some of the pokes you used during the battle because it was being discussed on my team's IRC.
As SDS would say, CALM DOWN.

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist? He never claimed that you scouted him. He claimed that you know information about his teams through either direct or indirect means. This is exactly what you just said.

As SDS would say, CALM DOWN.
No, I'm just saying it's impolite to accuse me by saying something like I scouted all his teams without any sort of evidence. And he used the word "scout" in VM, so I assumed that's what he meant.

Anyways, there's no point in me arguing with this. I don't need to prove myself. Hopefully we'll get our battle completed before the deadline.

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Uhh.

1. I would absolutely call "a couple lucky turns" accurate, you can throw "kinda" in there if you want. And hey, if I'm wrong about one of your items, maybe it was only 1 kinda unlucky turn. Of course, there's no point in arguing it, we're not here to argue and I'd really rather you didn't reveal my team.

2. I don't know why you associate such a negative connotation to the word "scouted", I guess you're just conditioned that way, so I should choose my words more carefully. "Through unfortunate circumstances, through no fault of his own, Eternal has come into knowledge of at least parts of or all of my teams, so I no longer feel comfortable using them." There is nothing that you can possibly say is untrue about that statement, right? To be clear, there was no initial accusations. Yes, I wish it didn't happen but it is what it is.

This tourney's getting too heated right now.

In case everyone's forgotten, this whole tourney was meant to be fun. To quote KG, "Be a good sport. This is meant to be a fun and competitive experience. Cheer on your site and act graciously in victory or defeat."

The only reason I got happy that Jedgi won is cuz he's on the team I support. The most annoying thing to read is "I hate random POers who think they're going to win because of one match hurrdurr"

Obviously nobody knows the outcome of the next few matches; to anyone who's been living in a cave the past 10 years, it's called a show of support. About the whole Smogon a/b/c thing, anyone who took that shit seriously is just stupid, especially since Jabba was the first one to use that term. It's a fucking joke, and both sides need to calm down.

I don't have any power, nor do I have any status here, but everyone chill your nuts and calm the fuck down. I haven't taken pokemon THIS seriously since I played on my GBC in the playground. It's getting boring to read.

oh god, never thought i had to post in this thread =/

I also apologize for the excessive behavior of some of the PO posters (we have our lady salamence, you have your manav95).

For the matter of Scofield VS Eternal, i'm sure Eternal is ok with the log being made public and Scofield will use a different team anyway, so making the log public should clear any issue? (though i'm not sure this thread is made for discussing the log)

Let's calm down and cheer on our teams?!

phop, grab that win and lets make a comeback!! ^^

Well I could make the battle log public and prove myself. But you probably wouldn't want that since you don't want people to scout your team. And it doesn't seem reasonable to even claim that I got lucky in any way entirely from your opinion. I did not not receive any critical hits or anything. Maybe you think I got lucky because of the moves I made. It's not lucky when someone outplays you. Also, I was really handicapped when I chose a move in turn 1 that I was deciding by a coin flip to use or not. If I had used that move I would have started with 6-5 instead of me being 5-6 and you having SR up.

Anyways, there's no rule against me making the log public here, so I can do that any time. And since I respect you, I haven't done it. So please don't make assumptions/accusations without any solid evidence. I'm playing this game and this tournament for fun, not to get all worked up about. Thank you.

I will delete any posts that are filled with drama for now on.

Just play the game, relax, have fun, and most importantly, don't take things too seriously.

Scofield

1. It is indeed against the rules to team reveal, and any posts of logs will be deleted, but thanks for your restraint.

2. I'm referring to one of your missed attacks that I wanted to hit since LO recoil woulda put you in ko range of my attack and you would've been guaranteed to lose a pokemon there if I'm not mistaken. Of course, if you didn't have LO that is a moot point. And the other lucky turn I was referring to was a 1 turn sleep that made things a lot harder for me.

But again, I don't see the point of arguing this..

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I already discussed this with you two privately. It would have been better to keep it that way. I reviewed the log after it happened last week and there were no major turns of luck and it was anyone's game. You have had a week to decide what option to choose and to make your new team. If you are incapable of getting it done in a timely fashion, I recommend a substitute play in your place.

This is also a final warning to stop the arguments about who should belong to what team. People had a choice to play for whoever they wanted as long as they qualified. Everyone has opinions for where people really belong, but that's not important. Knock it off because the more it drags on the less likely it is for anything like this happening again.

Just cause smogon lost don't mean you have to piggy back on other members. :F

btw faqs get it. c'mon

need to see a marri vs. faqs

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This tourney's getting too heated right now.

In case everyone's forgotten, this whole tourney was meant to be fun. To quote KG, "Be a good sport. This is meant to be a fun and competitive experience. Cheer on your site and act graciously in victory or defeat."

The only reason I got happy that Jedgi won is cuz he's on the team I support. The most annoying thing to read is "I hate random POers who think they're going to win because of one match hurrdurr"

Obviously nobody knows the outcome of the next few matches; to anyone who's been living in a cave the past 10 years, it's called a show of support. About the whole Smogon a/b/c thing, anyone who took that shit seriously is just stupid, especially since Jabba was the first one to use that term. It's a fucking joke, and both sides need to calm down.

I don't have any power, nor do I have any status here, but everyone chill your nuts and calm the fuck down. I haven't taken pokemon THIS seriously since I played on my GBC in the playground. It's getting boring to read.
yeah i wasn't even being serious when i said it i was just making a stabbing joke. if i had known people would have taken it this seriously...i probably still would have said it :P

all in good fun kimbro slices

with the power of gamefaqs i won 4-0, GG
Let's finally get over the stupid bickering, a match was completed!

Seriously, I apologise for all the random posters. I know it doesn't make a difference to you, but they do not really represent the whole community (you could check how many times they've been infracted)

Congrats to GameFAQs, and if they win this round, it was deserved and a gg, and it will teach our posters some humility. Also, congrats Atticus on such an amazing win, I gave them privately as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)