Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament II - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won 2-0, ggs.

If anyone is wondering why I was able to play today, its because I had something at this time but it was cancelled so I had some time, and teso was also available then. To clarify, i have already stated that I'm sure a large majority of smogon is also busy, and perhaps busier than I. My problem is more about inflexibility in my schedule, since I don't have too much control over it. I hope no other major problems arise throughout this tournament or any other I take part in.

Game 1 Cosine VS Tele: Tele looses and does not say gg.

Game 2 Cosine VS Tele:

Tele turns 39:

★idm tubby: id never forfeit
★idm tubby: before im mathematically out

Turn 75:

The opposing Latios used Draco Meteor!
A critical hit! Gliscor lost 74.7% of its health!
The opposing Latios's Special Attack harshly fell!

Gliscor fainted!
★idm tubby: SHOUTOUTS IDM FAM
★idm tubby: LET THE SHOW BEGIN
★idm tubby: SHOW HASNT EVEN STARTED GUYS
★idm tubby: WHERE WERE ALL U THINKING
★idm tubby: I WANNA KNOW
★idm tubby: WHAT WHERE U THINKING
★idm tubby: (BAN ME PLEASE)
★idm tubby: IDM FAM BABY
★idm tubby: SHOUTOUTS
★idm tubby: MATH BABIES
★idm tubby: MATH IS SOMETHING
★idm tubby: WE IN DIS

The match for those who did not see it:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-96821

This is what seems to annoy the vast majority of users here but its for that same exact reason that I always enjoy Tele's matches. I know that I'll really enjoy the match and have fun when Tele is one of the battlers. Everyone wants Tele to loose but just for the sake of "the Show" I want to see Tele around this tournament as long as possible.

I'm just sharing personal thoughts with you guys because we all like the same game here, and I can't tell irl friends "omg you should have seen Tele's match yesterday it was crazy!", they just would not understand (because the don't care about mons).

So yeah, for my part game 2 was the one of the most enjoyable and entertaining/exciting match I saw here on Smogon!

Maybe for a bunch of you there was nothing to learn from this game 2 (as you are already all very experienced players and you all might think this game 2 was not high level) but for me as someone who is still trying to improve, I like how Tele brought his manaphy from almost mid life (around 60%) to 100% late game by making plays and doubles, trying maybe to make his manaphy able to survive a zone tbolt in an eventual clutch final turn (maybe I'm overthinking it):

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 294-348 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO.

I also learnt to never forfeit until I'm mathematically out. I think a lot of players would have forfeit and personally as my "game view" of a match is not quite good yet, I thought Tele lost the match around that turn 36, but it's all about being strong enough to not forfeit. Of course he was incredibly lucky with all this hax, but had he forfeit earlier, he would never had won it. He still tried to make plays (bringing the manaphy' health from around 60% to 100%) even when I thought there was no point.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this game 3 :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)