Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VI - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

This playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Round 2

1-0

Tace vs Typhlosion48 (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Ahsan-219 vs Empo (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
ABR vs Chaitanya (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Tricking vs Updated Kanto (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Pierrick vs le LLiolae (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Twixtry vs Charmflash (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Liones vs Sacri' (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Samqian vs Ojama (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
imsosorrylol vs Relous
frisoeva vs Mob Barley (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Ash KetchumGamer vs Hayburner (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Rexus vs Ilyakomaster (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
beatiful vs Insult (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Mimolette vs Dora (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
michy47 vs Kebab mlml (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, September 1st @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:
1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48
Ahsan-219 vs Empo
ABR
vs Chaitanya
Tricking vs Updated Kanto
Pierrick vs le LLiolae
Twixtry vs Charmflash
Liones vs Sacri'
Samqian vs Ojama

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star
imsosorrylol
vs Relous
frisoeva vs Mob Barley
Ash KetchumGamer vs Hayburner
Rexus vs Ilyakomaster
beatiful vs Insult
Mimolette
vs Dora
michy47 vs Kebab mlml

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48
Ahsan-219 vs Empo
ABR
vs Chaitanya
Pierrick vs le LLiolae
Twixtry vs Charmflash - o god
Liones vs Sacri' - this is a cool game for sure, sacri is always nice to watch and same with liones
Samqian vs Ojama - ojama solely brought teams he used during his ladder run last round so i wouldn't be too surprised if sam pulled an upset, although ojama is obviously heavily favoured

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star
imsosorrylol vs Relous
frisoeva vs Mob Barley - id be pretty surprised if mob lost this
Rexus
vs Ilyakomaster
beatiful vs Insult - any takers on betting w me that beatiful will finish 0-3?
Mimolette vs Dora
michy47 vs Kebab mlml - respect to kebab for his cool offense teampicks, cool to watch

ABR vs Chaitanya

Really looking forward to this game in particular. ABR vs Insult was a fun series and Chaitanya's series was also a very good watch. With the teambuilding skills and ability of both players to make plays consistently throughout the game, this has the potential to be a really good series. I think (and hope lol) that this one goes to 3 games, but from there I think either player could take it.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48 - Typh played very nice against Rexus last round, with some well timed aggresion and calculated risks resulting in a swift 2-0 against a more experienced player. That said, Tace has a lot going for him between his recent results and solid building support when compared to Typh’s so it’s still too early to predict the underdog to take it.
Ahsan-219 vs Empo - Empo’s experience and superior playing ability should make for a fairly one-sided series, Ahsan hasn’t impressed much and had an easier opponent r1 so
ABR vs Chaitanya - whether or not Chait lives up to the Northeast hype is still to be seen so ABRs the natural pick here. That’s not to say that his round 1 showing wasn’t impressive but it’s gonna take more than that to win against one of the strongest players in the field
Tricking vs Updated Kanto - Kanto’s return to the tournament scene has turned out better than some people anticipated but Tricking’s too powerful in sm rn, easily one of the favorites to take the trophy and I’d be surprised if he didn’t make a clean 3-0 run to the next phase
Pierrick vs le LLiolae - could probably go either way but lio has more experience and beat sorry last round so I’ll give him a slight edge
Twixtry vs Charmflash - this is gonna be a lot closer than most people expect, Twixtry has been putting up good results lately between wcop and olt and is coming off a strong win against Lop Kicks. Charm’s a dangerous opponent and a lot harder to prepare for so I’ll give him a slight edge but I think Twix could take this with the right team choices
Liones vs Sacri' - Liones pulled an upset against one of the most hyped names last round but he also tried to throw what should’ve been a one-sided mu g3 so I wouldn’t expect him to beat the more consistent Sacri
Samqian vs Ojama - the kingpin is amazing

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star - 2 players nobody expected to see in this bracket paired against each other is rather interesting, Star’s prep for last round consisted of recycling teams from wcop and lost promptly to Liones so I don’t have high hopes for him against Lop Kicks, whose higher ceiling playing-wise and building support from the italians should give him a solid edge
imsosorrylol vs Relous - sorry played turbo ou last round and pretty much lost to his own clicking. That said, Relous wasn’t a lot more impressive and got outplayed thoroughly by Chait so I’ll still give sorry a slight edge provided he doesn’t click through this series.
frisoeva vs Mob Barley - fris didn’t look too good in the wcop qualifiers and got outplayed hard by the pin so it’s hard to bold his name here even though Mob’s performance last week was about as unimpressive, could go either way
Ash KetchumGamer vs Hayburner - Hay’s results aren’t the most consistent but he can play at a high level which is more than what can be said about Ash, who doesn’t seem to be able to find success without his trusty rain
Rexus vs Ilyakomaster - yako’s creative builds backfired hard last round so he’s gonna need to find something that works unless he wants similar results here. Rexus’s showing wasn’t great but I think he has what it takes to bounce back after a tough loss
beatiful vs Insult - Insult lost to one of the strongest players in the pool last round but he should be able to make his way back to the upper brackets without much difficulty. bea made some very questionable plays to lose in a quick set to Empo last round so I don’t think he stands a chance against another strong player
Mimolette vs Dora - Mimo’s teams patterns are very predictable and Dora’s just reusing ladder teams so it’s hard to pick a side, Dora did play nice in her first game vs Tace tho so I’d expect her to win this
michy47 vs Kebab mlml - not much info on either of these, kebab didn’t put up much of a fight against Charm but I don’t have much faith in michy’s playing abilities either so I’ll give kebab a slight edge

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48
Ahsan-219 vs Empo
ABR
vs Chaitanya
Pierrick vs le LLiolae
Twixtry
vs Charmflash
Liones vs Sacri'
Samqian vs Ojama

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star
imsosorrylol
vs Relous
frisoeva vs Mob Barley
Rexus vs Ilyakomaster
beatiful vs Insult
Mimolette vs Dora
michy47
vs Kebab mlml

1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48
Ahsan-219 vs Empo
ABR
vs Chaitanya
Pierrick vs le LLiolae
Twixtry vs Charmflash
Liones
vs Sacri'
Samqian vs Ojama

0-1
Lopunny Kicks
vs Star
imsosorrylol vs Relous
frisoeva vs Mob Barley
Ash KetchumGamer
vs Hayburner
Rexus vs Ilyakomaster
beatiful vs Insult
Mimolette vs Dora
michy47 vs Kebab mlml

1-0
Tace vs Typhlosion48. Typh play like a god in R1 and has the skill to win this series
Ahsan-219 vs Empo. Empo is a great player but Ahsan-219 is a difficult rival to play, always play agressive and he read so well the opponent. Although is the year of Empoleon Love
ABR vs Chaitanya. ABR is a GOD and their builds are brilliant and he is the king of the techs
Tricking vs Updated Kanto. Beautiful series to watch, both are reallly awesome players but i think that Tricking are in a great moment.
Pierrick vs le LLiolae. Le Lliolae is for me the perfect mix between good bulding and skill, the Champion of Pokespain Ladder Tournament should win this series
Twixtry vs Charmflash. Really tough decision but i vote for Twix i love these player
Liones vs Sacri. Sacri with their experience and skill should have this
Samqian vs Ojama. Sammy is fire but Goatjama is not Human babys

0-1
Lopunny Kicks vs Star. If he has a neutral match up Starmaster will win this
imsosorrylol vs Relous. imsososososossoosososoryy LOLOLOLOLOLOL
frisoeva vs Mob Barley. Mob i think that play better this time and he have the experience the skill and creativity factor
Ash KetchumGamer vs Hayburner. I vote for Ash ketchumgamer in my opinion this series will be beautiful to watch
beatiful vs Insult. Bea is a friend of mine gl for him, However Insult is for me one of the best players of the pool
Mimolette vs Dora. Mimo will build unstopable and crazy things to win these 2-1
michy47 vs Kebab mlml. Michy is a smart player he probably can win this in a tough and long series

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)