SV OU Sneasler Pivot Offense

Hey RMT, I'm pretty new to competitive pokemon but I love the strategy of building teams so I have been trying a lot to make something playable but with little success. This team is my most recent creation and I've actually had very good results so far. I love this :sneasler: set and is the basis of all my team creations right now, so I'd appreciate suggestions targeting other pokemon if you can please. I tried in the past to build teams that I believe would fit under the category of balance, but this time tried to make a more offensive team.

:sneasler:
Achoo (Sneasler) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw

Like I said above, this is the core of the team and I am in love with the ability to outspeed most of the unboosted meta while occasionally poisoning switch ins. It is also the simplest counter to sash H-Samurott with fake out + CC. It can also be a wincon once the fighting resists are gone, and I've won many games by spamming CC to clean up the last few. Unfortunately, this pokemon has a really hard counter in :gholdengo: and so I tried to address that in my other members, since all I can do when they have :gholdengo: alive is u-turn out.

:kingambit:
HIM (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

As the nickname suggests, this pokemon is HIM. You're all familiar with :kingambit: I'm sure, but the decision points for me were to select tera flying since my team is very ground weak instead of the tera fairy or fire options. I also find the bulky leftovers version to be so hard to deal with, especially when there are multiple dead homies. He is also one of my :gholdengo: answers. This spread I took from the calculator, so if anyone could tell me what the 20 speed EVs creeps I would appreciate it lol.

:cinderace:
Bnuuy (Cinderace) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Court Change
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

I used this pokemon after trying someone else's team and I really liked it. Court change is a great answer to both screens and hazards, and I like the ability to wisp :kingambit: or other sweepers that expect me to u-turn and try to set up. This being said, I think this is probably the first pokemon to go on my team. It is another ground weak pokemon and I already have a pivot in :sneasler:. I would assume that putting :great_tusk: would improve my team, but please let me know if I'm underestimating this pokemon or what other spinner I should use.

:volcanion:
Big Bertha (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb

This pokemon fills multiple roles on my team, being both a naturally bulky water immune and also a special breaker I can pivot in on defensive pokemon that switch into a u-turn. Very few pokemon can eat two choice specs Steam Eruptions. I'm not very familiar with this pokemon, but it was usually hard for me to deal with when I used to play against it so I decided to give it a try. If you guys can suggest me something else that can break well and be an occasional switch in instead that would be cool, or am I just expecting too much from one pokemon?

:landorus-therian:
Return of the King (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Landorus is a very versatile pokemon, and I'm a big fan of this defensive set with helmet. It is also a very necessary ground immune, and so with the best ground type :great_tusk: in mind I teched in grass knot. If tusk is baited in after I rock, I can 2HKO full phys-def tusk, and have a 90% to 2HKO offensive with AV. I also can not be one shot by ice spinner. In general though this is another u-turn user that can tank phys hits and set up rocks.

:iron_valiant:
Valiante (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This is the win con most games and frankly is just not a fair pokemon. Coming in with speed boost and calm minding up and outspeeding pretty much everything in the game is a gross win con. I've thought about using 2 attack with encore, but I haven't felt the need yet. Let me know if you guys have tried that version and if you think it is worth it over the extra coverage. Even without a calm mind it can easily revenge kill if needed with the absurd scarf-tier speed. It is also a fairy type so people can't just spam dragon moves fearlessly.

The goal is to pivot around with my u-turners and :volcanion: to soften up the enemy and then set up with valiant and get at least one and a half kills. This pokemon nearly always gets one and even a resist/ revenge killer is gonna take half from valiant. And after dealing with everything else, a :kingambit: with 5 dead homies comes in and cleans up. Gambit and Val are the most common teras for me, with the occasional :sneasler: tera if I get rid of all of the resists. Please let me know your thoughts and how I could improve the team!

Why do you have protective pads on Sneasler? The only real contact move issues are Static and Baneful Bunker, but Sneasler isn’t staying in on zap and pex. Sneasler is really frail, so maybe run assault vest or sash to help with poison touch chip?

Why do you have protective pads on Sneasler? The only real contact move issues are Static and Baneful Bunker, but Sneasler isn’t staying in on zap and pex. Sneasler is really frail, so maybe run assault vest or sash to help with poison touch chip?
:moltres: and :heatran: are also issues for contact, along with Rocky helmet users, with :landorus-therian: and :corviknight: coming to mind. I might try out those options at some point, but I like being able to safely u-turn around.

First off, I would look into swapping Iron Valient for Enamorous. Currently, you have a serious ground weakness problem and this will help to alleviate that... It won't act as much of a wincon as Iron Val but its worth trying out. I'll leave a set to play around with.

Enamorus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power

Other than that I hope the team is working for you, it doesn't look too bad. I would, however, pin down whether you want to run balanced, HO, or bulky offensive because right now it feels like you're on the line of all three. That might help you too with playstyle and not stretching yourself out too much.

Anywhoo, good luck out there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)