LC Snorunt

[OVERVIEW]
With an awful typing and 50 base stats across the board, Snorunt is completely unviable in Little Cup. Poor abilities in Inner Focus and Ice Body only continue to plummet Snorunt's value, and a lackluster movepool prevents it from being a semi-effective battler. Amaura has better coverage along with better attacking stats, making it the superior Ice-type in the metagame.

[SET]
name: Scarf Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Frost Breath
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Modest
evs: 40 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
ivs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This sets aims at getting Spikes up by outspeeding the opposing lead. However, its low bulk and attacking stats prevent it from becoming a true threat, and its Ice typing makes it easy prey for the plethora of Fighting-types in Little Cup. Amaura is a more well-rounded Ice-type attacker, while Alolan Vulpix provides better support overall with Aurora Veil. Ferroseed and Omanyte can both set Spikes themselves while sporting better stats and a more diverse movepool.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Starly, 449632]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm a lil hard pressed to believe that a set w/o spikes should go onsite. i've thought about this some, and i think snorunt is bad enough that it requires this set:
Snorunt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 5
EVs: 40 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Spikes
- Frost Breath
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
I can't really think of what HP Psychic is for, since Croagunk is extinct and you're rather double out if you predict him to come in anyway, which is why I dropped that. Frost Breath is a much better move on Snorunt since it's hella weak to begin with, and this lets it have a much better chance of OHKOing itemless Foongus, 2HKOing Evio Fast Foo, and does a lot more, generally, vs itemless mons. Spikes are nice since you lack much else besides Ice Shard, and theoretically you force out Foongus, Vulla, Onix, etc somewhat well.

On top of that, "hail sweeper" is a jank niche to try and give smthng so your overview's last sentences needs an overhaul; amaura is just a more powerful attacker with a few different options, while snover would actually have a typing which might let it switch in, and more directly compete w/ snorunt.

Obviously your set comments need to change too, but that's quick and easy.

i'll be around to stamp this tonight if you want to tag me when you fix this or if you have questions.
e: QC: 1/2

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
"Snover's mixed-typing allows it to take a neutral hit and do Snorunt's job" I don't understand what you're trying to say here since Snover's typing definitely doesn't give it fewer weaknesses (quite the opposite really), its bulk isn't particularly better, and Snover doesn't have Spikes. Cut this bit and just say Amaura is a better option for an Ice-type attacker due to coverage+stats.

[SET]
please give this an item, I'd recommend Choice Scarf.

[SET COMMENTS]
Remove the bit about Frost Breath, it adds nothing. For your examples, I'd say do Omanyte (as a Spikes setter with Ice-type moves) and Vulpix-Alola (as a supportive Ice-type). You can leave in Ferroseed next to Omanyte as an additional Spike setter.

[CREDITS]
Add Fiend. Fix your brackets, you need an additional ] at the end of both the QC and GP sections i.e. - Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

I want to take a second look at set comments after you implement this, so tag me when you're done.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
I don't think that the movepool preventing it from being a sweeper is right, it's way more broad than just "Snorunt's movepool doesn't let it sweep", but rather that its movepool is just generally really shallow.

[SET]
Remove brackets around Fighting

[SET COMMENTS]
ok

[CREDITS]
ok

2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
With an awful typing and 50 base stats across the board, Snorunt is completely unviable in Little Cup. Poor abilities in Inner Focus and Ice Body only continue to plummet Snorunt's value, and a lackluster movepool prevents it from being a semi-effective battler. Amaura has better coverage along with better attacking stats, making it the superior Ice-type [add hyphen] in the metagame.

[SET]
name: Scarf Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Frost Breath
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Modest
evs: 40 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
ivs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This sets aims at getting Spikes up by outspeeding the opposing lead. However, its low bulk and attacking stats prevent it from becoming a true threat, and its Ice typing [RH] makes it easy prey for the plethora of Fighting-types in Little Cup. Amaura is a more well-rounded Ice-type attacker, while Vulpix-Alola Alolan Vulpix provides better support overall with Aurora Veil. Ferroseed and Omanyte can both set Spikes themselves while sporting better stats and a more diverse movepool.
GP 1/1, your writing has improved a lot, love to see that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)