So why aren't more people using Wobbuffet?

To the uninformed, Wobbuffet has been unbanned from the Shoddy ladder for over a week now. Meaning, yes, you CAN use it in ladder matches.

Arguments about its uber status aside, it is a very good Pokemon to use. It definitely has the stuff to crack the top 10 in usage. I've had a fair amount of success with this team on Shoddy; hopefully this RMT can help me improve it a little and maybe inspire more people to use Wobby teams. =D

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/36 Spd/220 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Standard SleepTalker and status taker. Many leads run Sleep so this is a natural lead in itself. Allows me to attack Yanmega/Gengar leads head on without worry.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Light Screen
---

Awesome complement to Zapdos with its Rock and Ice Resists. Wishpasses to Wobb when needed and can even U-Turn to it for a safer switchin. Ice Punch allows me to counter Outraging Dragons in a pinch and Light Screen for some support since I don't really have a dedicated Special wall.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
---

Standard spinner and Gyara/Mixape counter. Wobbuffet does not like any form of Spikes.

Tyranitar (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/68 Spd/188 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
---

Stall breaker. Easily gets a free Sub after Wobby Encores a non-attacking move. Opted to forego T-Bolt since Starmie and Zapdos has that dept. covered. Dark Pulse for STAB and opposing Wobbuffets.

Wobbuffet (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
---

Mixed wall with the ability to ruin most setups. Pretty self explanatory I hope.

Gliscor (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang
---

Heracross/Tyranitar/Garchomp counter rolled up into one. If it isn't Mixtar or Chainchomp that is.

General premise of the team is pretty simple. Find a Pokemon on the opponent's team that is setup fodder for Wobby and Encore away. Either I get a kill or a free Sub for Boah, who typically wears down a team throughout the match. Rest of the team provides support as stated above.

The biggest problem is probably a lack of a phazer but so far few have managed to successfully setup and sweep me yet. <_<

Constructive criticism welcomed and appreciated. Be brutally honest now. >_>

Wow i actually cant find a counter for this team o.O very nice, except for maybe a few things that could setup like a correct bp team, or something along those lines. Im a wob user and i love it. I use it with a belly passing smeargle with this set.

Smeargle@Salc Berry(jolly, 252 speed, 252 hp, 6 def)
Belly Drum
Substitute
Baton Pass
Spore

Encore something on a useless move, spore something, sub up, predict a little bit and resub when you have a sub so when they break the next sub you're at 50% hp, drum up, salc boost, and pass to something like deoxys-e or lucario for pwnage =].

You gave gliscor Special defense? he seems pretty bad on sp. def, maybe defence
What is gliscor doing? Get a real sweeper to help with, well sweeping. After a good surprise sweep + u-turn, wobuffet can take this as a kind of setup, if there is no Ttar in play

And add this as a possible counter, a good hail team.
You have no fire type moves so a good hail team can nail half your team by type. Most people will use a glalie on hail teams, and those can kill you with crunch. Before you can even get a good counter in.

WTF that was a mistake. Guess now I know why it was able to take a LO'd Aura Sphere from Lucario though lol.

I'll have to consider the Hail team thing though. Any suggestions?

If you are abusing the shit out of wob(which I highly diagree with), then you might as well ditch starmie for Swords Dance MixLucario. Why you ask? Wob can guarantee free setup. Try this set for Luke.

Hasty
Life Orb
252 attack/ 228 speed/ 28 special attack

Hp Ice
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Extremespeed

Breaks Gliscor and mence, while still sweeping almost 100% of the time if it is set up successfully(which should be ridiculously easy). Also mends you're incredible Blissey weakness which is invigorated once BOAH is gone.

^That would certainly be an option. It just seems kinda all or nothing to me though. Without Rapid Spin, the passive damage racks up on Wobby fast especially against opponents who like to Toxic it. And that Lucario can still be revenge killed by Garchomp.

It also appears that the team is a bit Swampert weak.

Wow, you have three bug weaknesses... you may want to patch that up. A late game Scizor or Yanmega could cause some problems.

You should use some of the abilities more:
Sand stream + sand veil?
You're Tyranitar can pair with sand veil and give Gliscor an evasion boost with roost.
Also Jirachi can use serene grace with zen headbutt for a STABbed 40%
(20 * 2) flinch move.
Probably take off ice punch since 2 others have ice type moves.

WAIT do all your pokemon have leftovers?
For one
Gliscor- Life Orb, for maximum power

Wow, you have three bug weaknesses... you may want to patch that up. A late game Scizor or Yanmega could cause some problems.
How the hell did I not notice that? 0_o

I guess I could run Tenta over Starmie, but I'd need to get another Gyara counter. Looks like the team needed more work than I thought. Thanks!

please use wob to get some offense. Tyraniboah is the only thing hitting remotely hard on this team. Add some kind of sweeper.

LO Dugtrio w/ Toxic can hurt your Team pretty hard. Can KO Tar and Jirachi after a little residiual damage.

Dugtrio's EQ (LO, Jolly) does 72-84% against Jirachi.
Dugtrio's EQ (LO, Jolly) does 71-83% against Tyranitar.
Obviously it can ToxiTrap Wobby.

Otherwise, Mamoswine hurts pretty hard, if you can't revenge-kill with Wobby. LO, Adamant Mamoswine can KO Tar and Jirachi with Earthquake, Ice Shard/Fang shatters Gliscor and Zapdos (Fang does 91-100%). Starmie can deal with it, though can't switch in to an Earthquake (88-100%).

Zappy, Jirachi and Gliscor can't touch Mamo allowing it alot of free switch-ins. FYI, Mamo does 45-53% to Wobby.

DDos threatens you in a similiar to Mamoswine, but is "dealt" with by Starmie and Wobby. Starmie is the shakier counter, a +1 EQ does upwards of 70% Damage. Wobby is a little more relibable, a +1 Waterfall will only do 40-48%, though Taunt will hurt obviously hurt.

EDIT:
As for the fixes...

DDos over Starmie helps your Mamoswine weakness and can nab a few DD's off Wobby's encore. Stone Edge also "helps" against other Gyarados. Though that'll render your team weak to Spikes and stuff. Hrmm. I'll try to post more later.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
DDtar with Dragon Dance/Crunch/Earthquake/Ice Beam (IB is not uncommon) will 6-0 your entire team, so you might want something that can take its attacks more easily. I could see Suicune faring better then Zapdos as your RessTalker, and being able to counter this type of Ttar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)