Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

Oh, you HAVE to save? Gotcha. Thanks.

Did you save after you rejected the first egg? The rejected egg generates the new spread. If you didn't save that, then a totally unique spread would generate.
Hold on, if a new spread generates because of the rejected egg, then how can you switch parents and get the same spread?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Scouts in.
2. Reject first egg.
3. Save.
4. Accept & hatch second egg.
5. Check IV spread.
6. Note it down and soft reset.
7. Replace parents.
8. Hatch the egg. It should have the desired spread.

EDIT: If the spread isn't something you want, then after soft resetting:

6-2: Reject second egg.
6-3: Save.
6-4: Accept & hatch third egg.
6-5: Check IV spread.
6-6: Note it down and soft reset.

...and do that until you have a desired spread.

after I've discovered that, for example, the inheritance will be: F/x/M/M/F/M and I have the right parents ready to breed, can I softreset for the hidden ability or it is fixed like nature (without everstone) and IV inheritance?

The Ability is never guaranteed if your breeding something like Froakie and your parents have Torrent it is impossible to get Protean. But if your breeding Froakies with Protean and Protean its still a 50/50 chance that you will get Protean or Torrent Same as if you Breed Protean with Torrent. If a Pokemon has 3 abilities you have a 31/31/31 chance to get the ability you want

Under the following circumstances:

1 or 2
1. HA Female x Any Male
2. HA Male x Ditto

There is a chance to get a HA offspring.

I think that if your test parents passed a HA to the offspring, then the switched parents will as well.

Actually I've just been saving BEFORE i even put in the test parents so I just start immediately on the first save and there is no need to reject an egg I feel (til ur undesired spread comes along).

But i've had a lot of success with this method! Sometimes I have potential for a 6IV egg and its female, so I insert a more-male-dominant Pokemon to get the 6IV Male egg instead HAHA!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Ability is never guaranteed if your breeding something like Froakie and your parents have Torrent it is impossible to get Protean. But if your breeding Froakies with Protean and Protean its still a 50/50 chance that you will get Protean or Torrent Same as if you Breed Protean with Torrent. If a Pokemon has 3 abilities you have a 31/31/31 chance to get the ability you want
... what are you talking about?

If the female has its HA, then there is a 60% chance of the egg having the HA, and 20% for either of its other abilities (40% if there is only one ability). If the female has a normal ability, there is an 80% chance of that ability being passed on. If a male has the HA, and a Ditto is acting as a female, then there's a roughly 20% chance of the HA being passed on.

Anyone have a spare pair of Magikarps they'd be willing to part with? Female HA w/ hex-flawless, male with either zero across the board or anything that's not 31.

Under the following circumstances:

1 or 2
1. HA Female x Any Male
2. HA Male x Ditto

There is a chance to get a HA offspring.

I think that if your test parents passed a HA to the offspring, then the switched parents will as well.
well this is confusing me.. is the ability fixed or not? i have a female HA, of course, and my question was: if I breed this female and her counterpart, and for example i don't get the HA on the baby, can I softreset and try again or the ability of THAT incoming baby is fixed?

Using this method is teaching me a lot about breeding and inheritence I didn't know. I just got a pokemon that hat all 5iv's passed down from the father parent (in this case rotom). Until now I just thought it was alway 2:3 inheritence.

p.s I really hate the battle institute

1) you can either breed them or get them in the wild. But it's better to get them in the wild so you can tell distinctly which stats came from which parent when you test the scout baby. Breeding only works if you breed a mother and a father of the same pokemon species with completely different stats, meaning you would need 4 parents to do so. That takes much more time than catching them I'm the wild.

2) IV breeding and EV training are used in combination to ensure that the baby reaches it's full potential. For example a 31 IV and 252 attack EV (both maxed out) lucario will do drastically more damage than a 0 IV 0 Attack EV (lowest you can get) lucario.

EVs and IVs are for competitive battlers (I.e tournament goers and wi-fi players). So, you need not worry about this if you just play casually.
How do you know which IVs are perfect in a wild Pokemon? And thank you so much :D

well this is confusing me.. is the ability fixed or not? i have a female HA, of course, and my question was: if I breed this female and her counterpart, and for example i don't get the HA on the baby, can I softreset and try again or the ability of THAT incoming baby is fixed?
The ability is fixed. You will need to generate a new spread by rejecting another egg.

How do you know which IVs are perfect in a wild Pokemon? And thank you so much :D
In Kiloude city's Pokemon Center, there's a judge who will tell you which IVs are perfect

(This stat is good, this one too, and this one...stats in the same statement followed by...can't be beat...are perfect.)

Guide to what the IV Judge says:

Definitely got some good stats = terribad, don't even bother with breeding this pokemon unless it's for scouting.
Definitely got some fantastic stats = see above
Stats simply can't be beat! = Whatever IVs he tells you are good are 31.

So I am attempting to MM a shiny right now but am dreading the fact of it getting a non-optimal spread for the nature, which is entirely possible. Can I lock the spread with this method and SR right before hatching to randomize the shininess? Or is it fixed? I never saw a clear answer on this. If I can do this then this would be the only legitimate way to guarantee a "perfect" shiny outside of the non-defunct IC.

Can anyone confirm me that the "kind of RNG abuse for eggs" doesn't work if you use it "in chain" ? That is if you save, produce and hatch for instance 5 eggs in a row and check them, then for instance you see the 3rd egg is interesting, so you reset, switch to appropriate parents and then get your perfect mon at the 3rd egg.

Because it would save time if it did.

No, because when a future spread is generated, it has to be SAVED.

Without saving, the '3rd' egg will have a totally newly generated spread.

idk if this has been answered yet, but if i wanted to SR for a spread that i want to "lock" with so that i can use when i replace the parents in to get my target, do i have to use two parents that have the same gender ratio as my target's parents? Like for example do i need to use a 87.5:12:5 (say 2 chimchars) parent on my test (saving, taking egg, confirm spread i want) in order to assure that my target's parents will inherit the spread's IVs (say a 87.5:12.5 one say 2 eevee parents)?

or can i simply use anything regardless if the two parents that are used to get spread for the target have the same gender ratio with the succeeding parents -> say I use 2 magikarps to get a spread (50:50 gender ratio), then replace it with 2 eevees (87.5:12.5) to get the magikarps order of IVs inherited?

--
Tho, i've tested this only with two honedges, replaced by two decent iv'd honedges. I'm thankful for people sharing this discovery, since i've tested it myself and can confirm it works for my first attempt.

You only need to use parents of the same gender ratio if you care about locking the gender. Everything else is still locked.

Not sure if this has been answered but say if I have a spread with the HA, and I put two pokemon in that don't have the HA, what ability does it come out to be? I know it isn't the HA, is it the ability of the mother poke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)