Someone has to start it, RMT[NU]!

I know, I know, there is no NU ladder (yet?), but I have definately played tons of teams, and this team has proven its worth in every match, with few losses. Now thats all for my bragging, here is the team:

As you can see, my team is an "offensive hail team". If you know me at all, you know i hate stall. The strategy is as follows: Set up SR and take out or weaken a couple Pokemon with Piloswine. Send out Glaceon, and remove Glaceon's counters that come in on it's Baton Pass to Flareon, who can almost always OHKO these Pokemon. Use Relicanth and Medicham to take care of revenge killers (snover if needed), ESPECIALLY Fighters. Send out Snover on something it forces out preferably, and further weaken the apponents team with SR+Leech Seed+Protect. Then Sweep the opponents counter ridden team easily with a 100% accurate 120 BP STAB Blizzard. Here is the in depth description of each Pokemon.

Piloswine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
---

Role: I usually save this for late game (just kidding)....Obviously this is my lead. I actually got this idea from LC, not OU, when I used swinub with the same hyper-offensive quick paced metagame that NU is at the moment. Its bulky enough to take a hit to set up SR, which is essential in NU, because most of the Pokemon who are in NU, are in it because of SR weakness (e.g. Articuno, Entei, Regice). With priority, it can beat most sashers too.

Moveset and Item: Earthquake hits like a mack truck, while Avalanche hits like two mack trucks, but only if im hit first (by weaker physical leads). Ice Shard is a great to revenge kill later, and hit sash leads. Leftovers takes advantage of Piloswines bulk.

EVs and Nature: Max HP to take hits, and Max Attack to dish them out, straightforward.

Relicanth (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Role: Primary Physical...I dont even know, tank? I'm hesitant to call this a tank / wall because of the monstrous damage this dishes out while taking a ton of damage quite easily as well. It absorbs the common sleep from Venamoth and co, who usually lead to prevent early SR set up. OHKOes a good portion of this Rock-weak metagame with Head Smash, Waterfall seriously hits almost everything that Rock Smash doesnt 2HKO with ease.

Moveset and Item: Water + Rock STAB coverage is the best in NU atm, its really strong. Rest Talk for survivability + status absorb.

EVs and Nature: Again same as Piloswine. Impish is definately not needed either.

Flareon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Return
- Superpower
---

Role: Does this look fermilliar or what? Yes, I made a NU Mixed Fire, similar to my Blaziken set. However, with so much priority on this team a Priority attack wasnt needed at all. Flareon outspeeds all of the walls and OHKOes a good chunk of them, while 2HKOing the other chunk. Entei lacks Superpower, which is the main reason im using Flareon, on top of the fact that Snover, Piloswine and Glaceon lure out Fire attacks for flash fire. Flareon helps take out Regice and other counters for Glaceon.

Moveset and Item: The moveset is for the most coverage, while using the most power as well. Fire Blast hurts some Pokemon alot, while Return hurts others more. HP Grass hits the ever common Relicanths and Ground type swho are bulky enough to take a Superpower. And then Superpower...this move is so good, it OHKOes so much, such as Regice and co.

EVs and Nature: The EVs look odd, without max attack EVs when I have a Lonely nature. Well Since Flareon's base attack is the highest, its gets a higher boost from Lonely than from Mild, so I put ALL of Flareons EVs into SpA and Speed first. I reached ~200 which outspeeds all of the common walls (who usually run 196-7 max (e.g. Grumpig, Sandslash). 120 leftover EVs in Attack.

Medicham (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
---

Role: Wierd ass set Pokemon for this "role", as my Medicham check. I can safely switch this bad boy into a fighting attack which my team has tons of trouble with otherwise (it got beaten when i used Slash > Cham because of Scarfed Fighters, so I added this and it rocks). Brick Break is for accuracy, and because Dual Screen is actually pretty common so far.

Moveset and Item: Fake Out + BP is an amazing combo i brought from LC (again), and it works like a charm in this Metagame too. With a Life Orb, Medicham always KOs other medicham with Fake out + BP in Hail or SR.

EVs and Nature: Max/max, what more can i say?

Snover (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wood Hammer
---

Role: Setting up for a Glaceon Sweep is his game with its 100% accurate Blizzard, while also annoying Pokemon to hell with leech Seed and protect stalling. Being a great Ground and Water resist as well with bulky EVs, Snover is actually very tough to take down. Priority is a bonus. I save Snover till mid-late game usually, unless I need to bring it out.

Moveset and Item: Priority is priority, which is great in a super offensive metagame. Leech Seed an Protect stall when I can, wood hammer hurts things too.

EVs and Nature: Bulky HP because of taking various resisted attacks, and Snover has Protect and Ice Shard, two moves that ignore speed.

Glaceon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 40 HP/220 Spd/248 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass
---

Role: Late game sweeper. Glaceon is essentially the best sweeper I have seen in any metagame (respectively). With the SpA of Latios, and an even HIGHER Base Power move (that doesnt lower SpA by two stages) with an 100% Accurate Blizzard, Glaceon can tear a team to shreds with it's counters weakened. Glaceon outspeeds Persian and Sneasel with a scarf. I can scout with Glaceon early in the game to see it's counters, who are usually easily to take care of with Flareon. Note: Glaceon is bulky enough to survive a Choice Scarf Gabite's Stone Edge.

Moveset and Item: Blizzard is 100% accurate, and 120 BP, enough said. HP Rock hits Fires AND Ice types, fighting is pretty redundant with Blizzard (other than Ice types). Signal Beam hits Grumpig, who annoys this set as well. Baton Pass helps me scout for counters without using Blizzard's precious PP.

EVs and Nature: EVed to outspeed Max Speed + Jolly Persians and Sneasels. Rest is put into SpA and HP, one extra into hp to make an odd number.

So there it is!

What do you guys think, those of you who love theorymon, or have actually played in the NU metagame?

Suggestions/Comments/Feedback?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Wow lots of typos....sorry about that :P

hm i use piloswine solely as my revenge killer . banded ice shard with stab revenge kills a lot of pokes but anyway the set seems nice but i doubt it will have the speed to lay sr and not be taunted. why not switch lead with snover so you have automatically hail in play . you have a lot of physical pokes and only 1 full special one . once flareon and glaceon are out you will have to deal with steels and physical walls maybe remove a physical poke by an special one . i would say remove relicanth and replace it by walrein (its nu i think not sure ) who also profits from the hail you get from snover .thats about it i guess . this team seems solid .

I just had a huge reply to this ready and then my iPod decides to reload the page <_< so I'll bullet point it.

- Replace Piloswine for..

Bibarel @ Leftovers
Unaware ability
Careful nature
EVs: Hp 252, Def 160, SpDef 96
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Super Fang
- Waterfall / Quick Attack

He gets Stealth Rock up much more reliably, thanks to good speed and less weaknesses. He can Taunt to stop SR setup (which otherwise hits 3 of your team and both of your Eeveelutions are intending to switch a little, so no SR is preferable). Super Fang breaks any Waters (Relicanth often switches into this, so you can get it to 50% in one turn, otherwise he hurts a lot of your team also) and Steel switch ins. Waterfall is only for STAB to stop lead Banette, or Quick Attack to break sashes (like Piloswine). Finally, Unaware means it can switch in to stop late game sweeps or it can prevent lead Baton Passers from getting anywhere with Taunt + Unaware.

- Possibly replace Medicham for Dusclops, as even Scarf Hitmonchan can 2HKO Medicham, so a Band version can hurt a lot of your team and then Mach Punch Glaceon after it takes 50% from 2 switches. Dusclops can take a lot from Hitmonchan, the strongest move it gets is a neutral elemental punch. He can also use Shadow Sneak to get any Medicham. I'd suggest Shadow Sneak, Brick Break, Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp. This way he can still break Medicham (like your 'Cham set intends) he can break Screens, he has recovery (albeit unreliable recovery) and he can Burn any physical attackers.

Unfortunately I broke my laptop, so I won't be on Shoddy anytime soon, but when I am I'll give you a challenge :)

That's all for the moment, though if I have any ideas then I'll report back.

Good job here (Y)

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Never played NU, so probably theorymon here, but hey, I'll give it a shot.

Seems like you have a big weakness to any fighting type that can outspeed glaceon, (hitmonchan...close combat pinsir, i'm not too sure what there is),because medicham is not that bulky and will liikely only be able to switch in once due to hail and life orb. Relicanth is likely not KOed, but that's beside the point as you have no real safe switch into CS hitmonchan (Close Combat boosted by Iron Fist is going to hurt all your team like hell).

Replace medicham with Hypno, most of your team seems to be fairly bulky, and I think that wish support will be really helpful, especially flareon as it's your main switch into regice, you don't want it getting worn down to soon.

I have no idea about common NU leads, but your team would appreciate spin support and NU is arguably the easiest tier to pull it off (dusclops and (is rotom NU?) are the only bulky ghosts). I'd be inclined to give sandslash a slot in your lead, SR, spin, EQ, stone edge.

Looks like a nice team, I'm going to get into NU soon, so watch out!

Also cracking in with some theorymon: Your team is incredibly weak to Belly Drum Linoone. His +6 Extremespeed will annihilate anything you have besides Relicanth (and outspeeds Piloswine's Ice Shard), and Seed Bomb is an easy OHKO on Relicanth. I'm going to second the switch to Bibarel as you lead. Since Bibarel can run Unaware, you can ignore Linoone's Attack boost and avoid being 2HKO'd, while Hail and your Waterfall take a toll on Linoone's 50% remaining HP.

panamaxis

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
And where exactly does linoone get a chance to set up a belly drum? The one chance it has is coming in on glaceons specs shadow ball, but HeysUp will likely be spamming blizzard and it seems like shadow ball will hardly be used:

Blizzard: 180 Power (after STAB)
Shadow Ball (super-effective): 160 Power

So HeySup will only really be using shadow ball on grumpig and jynx (can also be hit be HP Rock), who don't seem that common, so no, he does not have a linoone weakness.

I guess it can come in as relicanth is resting, but the odds are in HeysUp's favour of not picking rest (through sleep talk).

A lot of times it may seem like you are weak to a pokemon, but in reality, you are not. For example in a hypothetical team of electivire, azelf, zapdos, LO gengar, SD Gliscor, filler (can't think of anything else at the moment), instantly it is obvious that gyarados is going to sweep this team 6-0 once it gets a dragon dance. Is it gyarados weak? No, because gyarados will never get that opportunity, so in fact the team doesn't really have a gyarados weakness.

Edit: Wildfire, shadow ball is mainly a filler option, glaceon will be using blizzard about 90% of the time, and even then HP rock will be used more because regice is more popular then grumpig. Also, if linoone is CB he won't sweep the team, if he isn't CB, can it even KO a relicanth with seed bomb at full health?

And where exactly does linoone get a chance to set up a belly drum?
Coming in on Relicanth's Rest seems like a pretty good spot. Relicanth can't really stay in for fear of eating a CB Seed Bomb, and if he does stay in he risks whiffing a Sleep Talk and letting Linoone sweep anyways.

Glaceon's Shadow Ball is also a perfect opportunity to come in. Honestly, I would recommend changing this to Signal Beam (since I'm assuming you're mostly using it to hit Grumpig anyways) for precisely this reason.

And where exactly does linoone get a chance to set up a belly drum?
That's a good point, the team is far too offensive to let Linoone set up. Also, in all my games I've never once seen a Linoone, everyone knows it has no chance to set up.

One other suggestion, seeing as you have ResTalk on Relicanth, why not use a Life Orb? I know it's meant to be surviving, but a STAB LO Head Smash will really hurt and you can just Rest off any damage.

panamaxis

Life Orb + Hail damage means relicanth would be sacrificing too much survivability, leftovers is the superior option on a hail team.

hm i use piloswine solely as my revenge killer . banded ice shard with stab revenge kills a lot of pokes but anyway the set seems nice but i doubt it will have the speed to lay sr and not be taunted. why not switch lead with snover so you have automatically hail in play . you have a lot of physical pokes and only 1 full special one . once flareon and glaceon are out you will have to deal with steels and physical walls maybe remove a physical poke by an special one . i would say remove relicanth and replace it by walrein (its nu i think not sure ) who also profits from the hail you get from snover .thats about it i guess . this team seems solid .
It will be taunted by certain Pokemon, but those Pokemon are easily KOed by Earthquake. Most Pokemon dont even risk it actually. I can and will not use Walrein over Relicanth, ill miss the offense, defense and resistances too much.

I just had a huge reply to this ready and then my iPod decides to reload the page <_< so I'll bullet point it.

- Replace Piloswine for..

Bibarel @ Leftovers
Unaware ability
Careful nature
EVs: Hp 252, Def 160, SpDef 96
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Super Fang
- Waterfall / Quick Attack

He gets Stealth Rock up much more reliably, thanks to good speed and less weaknesses. He can Taunt to stop SR setup (which otherwise hits 3 of your team and both of your Eeveelutions are intending to switch a little, so no SR is preferable). Super Fang breaks any Waters (Relicanth often switches into this, so you can get it to 50% in one turn, otherwise he hurts a lot of your team also) and Steel switch ins. Waterfall is only for STAB to stop lead Banette, or Quick Attack to break sashes (like Piloswine). Finally, Unaware means it can switch in to stop late game sweeps or it can prevent lead Baton Passers from getting anywhere with Taunt + Unaware.

- Possibly replace Medicham for Dusclops, as even Scarf Hitmonchan can 2HKO Medicham, so a Band version can hurt a lot of your team and then Mach Punch Glaceon after it takes 50% from 2 switches. Dusclops can take a lot from Hitmonchan, the strongest move it gets is a neutral elemental punch. He can also use Shadow Sneak to get any Medicham. I'd suggest Shadow Sneak, Brick Break, Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp. This way he can still break Medicham (like your 'Cham set intends) he can break Screens, he has recovery (albeit unreliable recovery) and he can Burn any physical attackers.

Unfortunately I broke my laptop, so I won't be on Shoddy anytime soon, but when I am I'll give you a challenge :)

That's all for the moment, though if I have any ideas then I'll report back.

Good job here (Y)
I have used bibarel, and its really not very good imo. The Sheer power of Piloswine makes Pokemon forced to switch.

Banded Hitmonchan is not hard to deal with actually, because it needs to use weak mach punch to do anything, and it does not even 3HKO Relicath. Scarf Fighters are tough, but thats why I added Priority Medicham, and my team has priority everywhere to deal with Scarfers. Dusclops is too defensive for this team tbh.

Also cracking in with some theorymon: Your team is incredibly weak to Belly Drum Linoone. His +6 Extremespeed will annihilate anything you have besides Relicanth (and outspeeds Piloswine's Ice Shard), and Seed Bomb is an easy OHKO on Relicanth. I'm going to second the switch to Bibarel as you lead. Since Bibarel can run Unaware, you can ignore Linoone's Attack boost and avoid being 2HKO'd, while Hail and your Waterfall take a toll on Linoone's 50% remaining HP.
What others said: It cant set up on anything. I can get rid of it with Protect and bulk pretty easily after too.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Your team is pretty solid, thought there are few pokemon that can take on it.

1. Golduck - Negates the weather, making your Blizzards have 70% acc, with some EVs on HP and SP.Def and HP Grass it can very easily sweep Your team. Comes on any Blizzard, when he gets on Shadow Ball from Glaceon it can CM up, Sub and proceed to sweep. I know nobody uses such Golduck, but You're weak to it xD

2.Aggron - 110 base Attack and some nice resistances. Oh, and STAB Stone Edge. Two mons on Your team is weak to Stone Edge and two members of it are weak to EQ, which Aggron commonly carries. EQ also hurts Medicham fairly hard. Snover is hit for neutral damage from Stone Edge, but all it can do against Aggron is Leech Stalling. And you said that you don't like stall :/

You could also change Avalanche / Ice shard on Piloswine for Curse to increase damage you do, and decrease damage you take from physical attacks.

That's all I can think of now, i'll edit it later.

What others said: It cant set up on anything. I can get rid of it with Protect and bulk pretty easily after too.
What I said: It can come in on Glaceon's Shadow Ball (easy to bait with a Grumpig), get in a Belly Drum, and proceed to OHKO every single Pokemon on your team. Nothing you have can outrun ExtremeSpeed, and the only thing that will survive it is Relicanth, who dies easily to Seed Bomb. I can show you calculations as to how your "Bulk" does nothing here. Also, Protect won't really help you. Assuming you have Stealth Rock and Hail on the field and Linoone Drums, he's taken 75% so far (1 6.25% Hail on the Switch-in, 1 the turn he drums, 12.5% to Rock). Protect can buy you a turn and thus another 6.25%, but you need four turns of Hail damage to finish him off. You can't afford to switch between Snover and Relicanth to absorb the attacks as they will be taken down even by resisted hits given SR Damage (Snover takes 68-80% from Seed Bomb, meaning he can be KO'd if he switches into the Seed Bomb aimed at Relicanth assuming rocks are on the field and Relicanth can be 2HKO'd be ExtremeSpeed if he switches into rocks each time). In the very best circumstance you lose a Pokemon and have a Snover at ~5%. Most of the time, you will lose more than that.

252 Adamant +6 ExtremeSpeed verus all your guys:
Piloswine: 114%+
Flareon: 213%+
Medicham: 185%+
Glaceon: 130%+
Snover: 204%+
Relicanth: 38-45%

252 Adamant +6 Seed Bomb versus:
Relicanth: 202%+

Clearly bulk will not cut it for you as 5/6 of your Pokemon are OHKO'd by ExtremeSpeed.

Your team is pretty solid, thought there are few pokemon that can take on it.

1. Golduck - Negates the weather, making your Blizzards have 70% acc, with some EVs on HP and SP.Def and HP Grass it can very easily sweep Your team. Comes on any Blizzard, when he gets on Shadow Ball from Glaceon it can CM up, Sub and proceed to sweep. I know nobody uses such Golduck, but You're weak to it xD

2.Aggron - 110 base Attack and some nice resistances. Oh, and STAB Stone Edge. Two mons on Your team is weak to Stone Edge and two members of it are weak to EQ, which Aggron commonly carries. EQ also hurts Medicham fairly hard. Snover is hit for neutral damage from Stone Edge, but all it can do against Aggron is Leech Stalling. And you said that you don't like stall :/

You could also change Avalanche / Ice shard on Piloswine for Curse to increase damage you do, and decrease damage you take from physical attacks.

That's all I can think of now, i'll edit it later.
Aggron is actually beaten by every member of my team except for Glaceon, who will only be sweeping late game.

Golduck is very annoying, but I dealt with it by hitting it with Shadow Ball usually, and it wont try to Calm Mind against else because everything else is PHysical.

What I said: It can come in on Glaceon's Shadow Ball (easy to bait with a Grumpig), get in a Belly Drum, and proceed to OHKO every single Pokemon on your team. Nothing you have can outrun ExtremeSpeed, and the only thing that will survive it is Relicanth, who dies easily to Seed Bomb. I can show you calculations as to how your "Bulk" does nothing here. Also, Protect won't really help you. Assuming you have Stealth Rock and Hail on the field and Linoone Drums, he's taken 75% so far (1 6.25% Hail on the Switch-in, 1 the turn he drums, 12.5% to Rock). Protect can buy you a turn and thus another 6.25%, but you need four turns of Hail damage to finish him off. You can't afford to switch between Snover and Relicanth to absorb the attacks as they will be taken down even by resisted hits given SR Damage (Snover takes 68-80% from Seed Bomb, meaning he can be KO'd if he switches into the Seed Bomb aimed at Relicanth assuming rocks are on the field and Relicanth can be 2HKO'd be ExtremeSpeed if he switches into rocks each time). In the very best circumstance you lose a Pokemon and have a Snover at ~5%. Most of the time, you will lose more than that.

252 Adamant +6 ExtremeSpeed verus all your guys:
Piloswine: 114%+
Flareon: 213%+
Medicham: 185%+
Glaceon: 130%+
Snover: 204%+
Relicanth: 38-45%

252 Adamant +6 Seed Bomb versus:
Relicanth: 202%+

Clearly bulk will not cut it for you as 5/6 of your Pokemon are OHKO'd by ExtremeSpeed.
I dont think im naive enough to be spamming Shadow Ball on any team early game, i rarely use it.

Second, if this happens, I CAN go back and forth with Snover and Relicanth, even though ill lose both its still worth it to take out Linoone.

Keep in mind, my strategy is to Baton Pass early game, and then Deal with Glaceon's counters. Shadow Ball is basically back-up, I can use Signal beam, which is just 5 less base power but then Linoone wont have an attack to set up on.

Ill change that i guess, to be safe.

Sorry I couldn't post sooner, but at least I'll bump the topic, eh? This team kicked my ass at least twice. The most effective thing about the team, I think, is that it denies setup at every turn, and can deal with most sweepers even after they've set up using scarfed/priority attacks. I know I was never able to get off a successful pass against this team. (Well, once, almost, but then I got critted.)

Agreeing about scarfed fighting attacks, though. Scarf Hitmonchan is doing 44.66% - 52.67% to Medicham with CC. Assuming either SR or hail is on the field, and Medicham takes one turn of Life Orb recoil, you'll be under 40% health. Unless Hitmonchan stayed in to take some priority attacks at -1 Def (which would be foolish as it doesn't usually 2HKO anyway), it will be back and you won't be able to switch Medicham in again.

Of course you could probably revenge Shard it to death, but if someone knew your team he'd be able to keep his -1 Def Hitmonchan away from priority pretty easy, switching in easily with its SR resist.

Hold on - gotta go add something to my team...

Just want to point out that not only does your lead lose to scarf-Wailord leads, but also none of your pokemon can reliably switch in without being THKO-ed by water spout. Unless you switch something else out for a water resist/immune, you're going to have to sacrifice at least one member early on in the game.

hehe, even if linoone gets a belly drum whats it gonna do with 3 of your pokes having priority attcks, and wailord is useless with the hail and priority weakening the water spout.

Very well constructed team btw. I cant really see any faults with it apart from the already said fighting weakness, although hitmonchan and others can be easily revenged by medicham.

One question i have though is why zen headbutt over psycho cut?

hehe, even if linoone gets a belly drum whats it gonna do with 3 of your pokes having priority attcks
You know Linoone also has a priority attack and, after the Belly Drum, usually gets a speed boost from Salac Berry.

I'd love to give this a proper rate, but I don't really know much about NU. It looks like you've got everything covered here. The only thing I will say is that it looks like 5 of your pokemon are rather fragile (I might be wrong about Snover though), so choiced Sharpedo might cause a problem, but probably only in the same way that Salamence can be a problem for OU teams: your methods of dealing with him would depend on what set he is running.

@Sceats: Even with hail and priority (Wailord resists all priority moves on the team except for Medicham who uses fake out, but even then Medicham cannot switch in on any attack without risking a ton of damage), scarf-lord is still taking out something within the first two turns. After that, it can still spam powerful Hydro Pumps when not at full health. Sure, after enough beatings from Ice Shard/Hail/Bullet Punch/Fake Out/Shadow Ball (from scarf-glaceon), Wailord will be going down, but not before a good chunck of this team is decimated.

Must say, love this team. Hell-loads of priority, decent offense with enough bulk. But you dont need to hear that.
My only worry aobut using this team would be that it seems to use alot of switching (i could be wrong about this, it depends alot on how you play it), even you said that you want Glaceon out once before sweeping (to scout). Therefore i would worry about Stealth Rock which any sashed SR lead/fast SR lead that isnt done over by Ice Shard can set up. Youre team maybe struggling against it the longer the game goes on.
The main point of this post was to say; props for starting the rate an NU team and, o, bump ;)

Sorry I couldn't post sooner, but at least I'll bump the topic, eh? This team kicked my ass at least twice. The most effective thing about the team, I think, is that it denies setup at every turn, and can deal with most sweepers even after they've set up using scarfed/priority attacks. I know I was never able to get off a successful pass against this team. (Well, once, almost, but then I got critted.)

Agreeing about scarfed fighting attacks, though. Scarf Hitmonchan is doing 44.66% - 52.67% to Medicham with CC. Assuming either SR or hail is on the field, and Medicham takes one turn of Life Orb recoil, you'll be under 40% health. Unless Hitmonchan stayed in to take some priority attacks at -1 Def (which would be foolish as it doesn't usually 2HKO anyway), it will be back and you won't be able to switch Medicham in again.

Of course you could probably revenge Shard it to death, but if someone knew your team he'd be able to keep his -1 Def Hitmonchan away from priority pretty easy, switching in easily with its SR resist.

Hold on - gotta go add something to my team...
Well the point is I cant give them the opportunity to keep sending these fighters out, unless they are going to revenge kill something. By late game, I have Flareon, Snover and possibly Piloswine for Death Fodder, once they are out of Pokemon to sacrifice, they will fall to Glaceon or Medicham.

Just want to point out that not only does your lead lose to scarf-Wailord leads, but also none of your pokemon can reliably switch in without being THKO-ed by water spout. Unless you switch something else out for a water resist/immune, you're going to have to sacrifice at least one member early on in the game.
I sac Snover, usually, its annoying but I dont have to big of a disadvantage tbh for some reason.

Very well constructed team btw. I cant really see any faults with it apart from the already said fighting weakness, although hitmonchan and others can be easily revenged by medicham.

One question i have though is why zen headbutt over psycho cut?
Thanks, and Psycho cut is illegal with BP or Fake Out.

I'd love to give this a proper rate, but I don't really know much about NU. It looks like you've got everything covered here. The only thing I will say is that it looks like 5 of your pokemon are rather fragile (I might be wrong about Snover though), so choiced Sharpedo might cause a problem, but probably only in the same way that Salamence can be a problem for OU teams: your methods of dealing with him would depend on what set he is running.
Relicanth > Sharpedo, Medicham > Sharpedo and Glaceon > > > > > Sharpedo. Its barely a threat tbh.

@Sceats: Even with hail and priority (Wailord resists all priority moves on the team except for Medicham who uses fake out, but even then Medicham cannot switch in on any attack without risking a ton of damage), scarf-lord is still taking out something within the first two turns. After that, it can still spam powerful Hydro Pumps when not at full health. Sure, after enough beatings from Ice Shard/Hail/Bullet Punch/Fake Out/Shadow Ball (from scarf-glaceon), Wailord will be going down, but not before a good chunck of this team is decimated.
As I said before, I usually Sacrifice Snover and by then it does very little to Relicanth or Glaceon with Waterspout.

Must say, love this team. Hell-loads of priority, decent offense with enough bulk. But you dont need to hear that.
My only worry aobut using this team would be that it seems to use alot of switching (i could be wrong about this, it depends alot on how you play it), even you said that you want Glaceon out once before sweeping (to scout). Therefore i would worry about Stealth Rock which any sashed SR lead/fast SR lead that isnt done over by Ice Shard can set up. Youre team maybe struggling against it the longer the game goes on.
The main point of this post was to say; props for starting the rate an NU team and, o, bump ;)
Thanks! Yea with all hail teams, I struggle with Switching in often, but its important that Glaceon will be switching in twice maximum unless otherwise needed. With all hail teams, switching in is pretty hard, but thats why I run an offensively heavy team, so I can hit them, then sacrifice, rinse and repeat untill Glaceon can sweep.

@Linoone Arguments, now it CANT set up on any Pokemon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I have been thinking about my Medicham Slot, and even though I'll miss the Rock resistance, power, and awesome revenge killing abilities, I can remedie some of the weaknesses here. So here are some options I was thinking about if I even plan on replacing Medicham:

Slowking (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 84 HP/172 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Trick
- Psychic
- Slack Off
---
Physically defensive, takes fighting attacks, and Wailord attacks all day. Modest + Max SpA for maximum damage, I DONT want a wall that does nothing, I want to be able to hit hard. I can trick special walls Choice Specs, which may suck sometimes but...idk.

Or....

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---

Bulky, but I dont know if recovery would work well, especially without Synthesis as a viable form of recovery due to hail. Sleep Powder helps, and its massive 125 Base SpA is appealing. It can also switch in to fighting attacks and water attacks, but its SpDef is lower than Slowkings.

Or I could just keep Medicham (which im leaning towards because its so good, and these fighters are easy to revenge kill with it)... thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)