SpecsJolt Cooks Toast (OU RMT)

INTRO
Okay actually this team started with bronzong and offensive CMcune but ANYWAY, this was really quite a spontanious team, yet it is undefeated so >.<, however i do see one potential weakness, im sure many of you will see others, also the evset of flygon and bronzong were kind of random, but they are working fine, im sure they could be better though. SpecsJolt has been the key player, seriously, i never thought it would but DAMN.

SYNERGY
Since this team really has great synergy, i thought it would be good to put at the start. First we have suicine, electric attacks go to jolteon if he has taken damage already, or flygon to U-turn scout. Ground attacks go to flygon, and again U-turn scout. Ice attacks on flygon go to suicine or infernape (bronzong is lead so >.<). Flying attacks on champ and nape go to Jolt. Anyway, this wont mean much until you see the sets so here it is.

Changes are in bold.
Optional Moves / Natures, etc are Italic.

TEAM AT A GLANCE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lead

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
Nature: Sassy (+SpD,-Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 60 Def / 92 SpD
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Explosion
- Earthquake / Gyro Ball

General Information:
Ok so it sounds gimmicky yes, but thats the thing, it allows me a free KO every no and then, not to mention a free turn. Basically it allows me to get screens up for ape to come in and rape (nice rhyme), while also getting rocks down. Only problems are taunt leads, but otherwise mint.
Moves:
On Infernape and heatran leads, i always use light screen first, then set rocks down, but on infernape i attack after screen. Overheat doesnt even 1/2 kill me even without light screen so lols. Basically set down the screen i will need to beat the other lead so
Swampert - Light Screen (Surf/Hydro Pump)
Heatran - Light Screen (Fire Blast)
Etc.
Earthquake is chosen to beat Metagross, heatran, and infernape leads, the latter 2 seem to love coming into this if they are not a leading anyway.

I want to get explosion in here, so i can use the screens to its fullest potential.
EVs:
Atk evs are to 3HKO metagross without lefties, and of course 2HKO infernape and heatran (shuca berry). SpD Evs means that even without light screen up heatran's fire blast (naive) cant 2HKO, so thats pretty neat. Dumpd the rest in Def for general bulk.
Synergy:
Honestly the only time i switch this out is aero leads, which i cant touch. For aero i send in Flygon to U-turn and break sash, then go to Suicine who kills with suf, i dont risk the speed tie with Jolteon, cuz its wayyy to fragile.

Screen Abuser / MixSweeper

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive (+Spe,-SpD)
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
-Close Combat
-Nasty Plot
-Grass Knot
-Fire Blast

General Information:
Simply to rip through teams, really effective with no weaknesses thanks to +2 Def and +2 SpD and takes neautral damage very nicely. If he manages to get the +2 SpA, you are looking at 293 HP / 338 Atk / 356 Def / 798 SpA / 320 Def / 330 Spe, thats pretty damn neat.
Moves:
Pretty simple, CC on things which lack physical defense or fire blast on things which lack SpD, and grass knot to take down fire types. I dont want HP [Ice] simply because with rocks down, +2 Fire blast and LO recoil will kill the mence.
EVs:
64 Atk to kill blisseys with Close Combat, 252 SpA to kill (lol), and 192 Spe to outspeed 252 +100 base pokes (reaches 330 Speed).
Synergy:
Water - Suicine
Flying - Jolteon
Ground - Flygon
Psychic is far too rare and not taken into consideration.

ResTalker / Status Absorber

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-Spa)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

General Information:
My status absorber, wanted something bulky, and realised that CBtar could really hurt me, so machamp who resists both Tyranitars STABs was an obvious choice. Also spreads confusion which is always welcome.
Moves:
Dynamic Punch for STAB and confusion, and Stone Edge compliments its STAB and has high base power, aswell as getting super effectives on Salamence and Gyarados. Rest and Sleep Talk is fairly obvious. Not really considering an elemental punch because then something else can just waltz in, ie. ice punch, gyarados says high, etc.
EVs:
Again, 252 HP for Bulk and helps with walling, and 252 Atk to hit hard with fairly powerful moves. The 4 Spe means I outpseed Blissey with no speed EVs.
Synergy:
Flying - Jolteon
Not much, but really a solid restalker.

Scout / Go To Guy

Flygon (M) Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly (+Spe,-SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U Turn
-Stone Edge / Fire Punch

General Information:
Hooray, this guy is really a beast with this team <3. A great scout, and with Earthquake and Outrage as STABs almost everything is gonnda get hurt, but those are for late game. Probably the best user of the move U-Turn in the game IMO.
Moves:
Ok, i dont need to say much here. Earthquake rids us of jirachi, metagross, tyranitar, and outrage hits almost anything for neautral, and easily takes down fragile sweepers. U-Turn for scouting, potentially a free switch in, and stone edge for killing of mences (SR + LO recoil). Fire punch is an option to kill bronzongs or scizor, the latter of which, i feel EQ does enough.
EVs:
The set which i am using allows me to outspeed scarfrachi, and nail others who run the same speed with +1 from scarf and stuff. 252 Atk just to dish out damage from the rather average attack stat, and dumped the rest into defenes for some bulk. And the really sweet thing is, HE CAN TAKE +2 EXTREME SPEED FROM JOLLY +2 LO LUKE! with the 76 Def EVs, even with rocks down. And Adamant does 243 - 286 Damage, and rocks deals 18 Damage, so it can survive it from an adamant one aswell.

The second spread means i outspeed Modest Scarfgar, however i dont really mind them, and i still survive jolly luke's +2 Extreme Speed.
NOTE: Not My Check to SDluke, read threats list.
Synergy:
Ice - Suicune & Infernape

:nerd:The Ridicously Super Powerful Specs :nerd:

:toast:Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs:toast:
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass]
-Baton Pass

General Information:
Ahh yes, this is my favourite pokemon now, seriously sooo beastly (points to the luke that tried to SD and got OHKOd). Thunderbolt nails anything that doesnt resist it (except the pink whore), really just owns things, especially when you consider its ridiculous Speed stat of 394.
Moves:
Thunderbolt for stab, and for raw power. Hidden power [ice] for gliscor mainly, but also for Altaria (jks), for flygon. Considering HP [Grass] since flygon is already a great check for dragons in general. And i dont have any grass moves so its up in the air. Shadow Ball nails ghosts, in particular Rotom Appliances who are super gay. Dry Passing gives me a free switch occasionally and could end up with a free CM for Suicune or NP for Ape, or U-Turn from flygon while Stealth Rocks take there toll.
EVs:
Again nothing special, 252 SpA for damage, and 252 Spe to really outspeed everything bar scarfers. His defense stat is too low for me too consider not running max speed, however his SpD stat is decent, which is why i am slightly considering 252 SpA / 120 SpD / 136 Spe which still outspeeds positive base 115 pokes like starmie, but not really considering much, but its there.
Synergy:
Ground - Flygon

The Offensive Yet Calm One

Suicune @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]

General Information:
Really surprises opponents and nabs a kill or two, but honestly the weakest link in the team. Its natural Bulk makes it a good CMer and with max speed, it really brings it to other sweepers and walls. A perfect exaple of bulky offense here, with 266 Def and SpD.

Considering either Physically Defensive Zapdos, Celebi, or even Rotom - H for this position.
Moves:
Surf for STAB, ice beam for dragons and grass types, and HP [Electric] for Gyarados and BoltBeam coverage. Calm Mind boosts its SpA nice and high, and helps when taking on other SpA sweepers. Pretty basic, and nice for taking on things which think they are faster (laughs on breloom).
EVs:
Ughh, the same as everthing else. 295 Speed means Jolly SDluke gets crapped on, not to mention Heatran and mamoswine. Not much to be said here.
Synergy
Alas, some sexy synergy here
Electric - Jolteon if it has taken damage, otherwise Flygon
Grass - Infernape

THREAT LIST
I really hate this, so i only do ones which are used a lot now.

Lucario: Adamant ones cause all sorts of problems if they can get the SD in, Jolly can be taken by Flygon, but not a reliable check. Suicune can beat Adamant if they dont know that it is an offensive cune.

Salamence: Suicune fairs nicely, and with +1 Spe Flygon can do its stuff, aswell as Jolteon to no speed bonus ones.

Tyranitar: CB gets pwnd by machamp, not to mention flygon's STAB Earthquake and U-Turn raping it. DD variant is also beaten by them both. Suicune can do some damage to it, and SpecsJolt can finish him off.

Scizor: King of OU, my ass. Suicune takes a dump on him, and SpecsJolt can come into one and finish him off easily. Flygon also finishes him off.

Starmie: SpecsJolt and Flygon, nothing to be said.

Magikarp: If Jolteon is down, this thing can Bounce its way to victory.

Gyarados: Jolteon and Flygon again.

Metagross: Only one which can cause problems is Agiligross, however Suicune can beat him.

Well thats it, rate/hate and steal.

Well Since you are having trouble with a few move sets and Ev distibution, and thats th only thing I can help with because I don't see any major flaws here >.>, here you go:

- On Zong make sure you have Stealth Rock and for the last slot I prefer explosion but test both a bit and see which works better.

- No one actually uses Gengar anymore so the first EV spread for Flygon.

- Leftovers on Cune since it can take a hit.

- Stone Edge on Flygon since you have Scizor counters.

- Don't underestimate Scizor trust me its a bad idea =/

- I'd make Suicune bold or modest as it doesn't really need to outspeed much. Bold would let it take move hits but modest would give it better SpA

Good Team =D

Go with HP Grass on jolt and sr should be on Zong. Try using a defensive suicune.

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SAtk
-CM
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Roar/ HP Electric

Just one of the options you have. Pretty standard set that will benefit like crazy from dual screen. HP Electric should stay though roar is always nice.

I hate the fact that the use of SpecsJolt is increasing so badly (nothing personal) this will only make Electivire be used (again) alot more, which I hate its ugly and chubby.

Anyways, I think you might need to keep an eye on Kingdra and Salamence. In your description you mention Suicune as a counter, however Suicune wont stand a Draco Meteor (while switching in) and then an Outrage (while on battle), in that case Flygon can switch in to revenge kill, but loosing a sweeper isnt good. I think the lack of a steel type (else than bronzong) is somewhat bad.

Isn't Gyarados a problem? All that can get around with it is Suicune...

Anyways, it is a nice team Good Luck!

Anyways, I think you might need to keep an eye on Kingdra and Salamence. In your description you mention Suicune as a counter, however Suicune wont stand a Draco Meteor (while switching in) and then an Outrage (while on battle), in that case Flygon can switch in to revenge kill, but loosing a sweeper isnt good. I think the lack of a steel type (else than bronzong) is somewhat bad.

Isn't Gyarados a problem? All that can get around with it is Suicune...

Anyways, it is a nice team Good Luck!
Kingdra is only gonna hurt in rain, Salemence is taken care by flygon and jolteon depending on the situation, however yes mixmence does look like a problem. Gyarados runninng adamant and taunt will get beaten by suicune, jolteon and flygon (stone edge), and someon said before, use stone edge because scizor is a problem. Stone edge is neautral to scizor (bug and steel) and STAB EQ is more powerful anyway.

Hmm, i dont like the idea of defensive cune cuz i h8 breloom, perhaps Physically Defensive Zapdos.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
-Discharge / Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass] / Light Screen

I have one of these on pearl, and it absolutely rapes, it would also give me another option to go for incoming ground attacks. This guy has actually single handidly won me games even though its a wall.

for flygon i would suggest switching it to adament nature but put 252 ev's into speed and attack in doing so you can outsped non +Spe natured menaces after a single DD and ohko with outrage also if they happen to intimadate you by switch into you outrage will still okho with SR

Also you talking about using a defencive zapdos currently on 1 of my team i am running the standerd physicaly defensive zapdos EV's with the moveset of Sub/Roost/Heatwave/Toxic the only real problem for this is heatran otherwise you can often stall other pokes with sub roost when they toxiced and heatwave>TB because who cannot be Toxiced thats right steels meaning heatwave can take care of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)