SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
My dear, beloved Frogs:
It's been a great campaign. Leading this team through all this years has been a fantastic learning experience. You all have the potential to be great, but today, this frog leaves the pond. I'm proud to announce Adaam as the next Smog Frogs Leader, who i'm sure is the strongest, most handsome candidate for this role, and he might even do the job almost as well as i did.
You will always be in my heart, but for now, farewell.......
no_longer_frog_brrr.PNG

thx everyone for the congrats! and go cryos brrrrr

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Do the fans think I should start in RBY for week 1? Already beat their manager in an easy rby bo3 (found on replays.pokemonshowdown.com under lax), so it might be tooooo free

edit: I’m undefeated in RBY Bo3 btw

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I got bored waiting for Finchinator to release the power rankings, so I decided to use my free time gauging how accurate they've been over the past 5 SPLs. Some cool facts:
  • Teams have been ranked exactly correctly only 5 times.
  • The rankings accurately guess if a team will make playoffs just under half the time (47%).
  • The exception to the above is the Tigers, who (not counting SPL 8) have a 100% correct call ratio on whether they make playoffs. Unfortunately, every single one of these calls is because the Tigers haven't (officially) made playoffs.
  • Never has a team at power rank 1 won SPL. However, 2 seasons did come very close: in SPL 11, the Tyrants were predicted at #1, and while they were #1 in the standings, they fell short of winning the trophy. In SPL 8, the Raiders were projected as #1 and went all the way to the finals in #1 seed, but due to unfortunate circumstances, SPL 8 did not have a winner.
  • The "Refuses To Obey The Rankings" award goes to the Classiest, who are, on average, 4.8 positions away from where they actually end. Honorable mentions include the Scooters (4.6) and Ruiners (4.4)
  • The "Stays In The Lane" award goes to the Tigers. As stated above, this is a bit of a dubious honor. Honorable mentions include the Raiders (2.2) and Cryos (2.2).
  • On average, teams are ranked ~3.395 places off from their final standing.
  • Despite being the primary author of only one of these power rankings, reyscarface released the most accurate power rankings, averaging a 2.8 place differential in SPL IX.
I'd go back further in SPLs and grab more power rankings, but I'm not sure if/where they exist, and cba to anyways lmao
wtf a serious post
no shade intended to PR writers

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Dunno if I'm allowed to plug but I will be recording games that I catch live like I did with Classic and GSC Cup and, if there is enough demand, reviewing replays of games I can't catch live. Subscribe to my youtube channel in the mean time :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DCk_etEkeU_hzOws0rMfQ

Hosts/mods delete this if it's against the rules, but there have been far more obnoxious posts in this thread already so I think I should be fine.

Enzonana.

volando bajito
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Dunno if I'm allowed to plug but I will be recording games that I catch live like I did with Classic and GSC Cup and, if there is enough demand, reviewing replays of games I can't catch live. Subscribe to my youtube channel in the mean time :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DCk_etEkeU_hzOws0rMfQ

Hosts/mods delete this if it's against the rules, but there have been far more obnoxious posts in this thread already so I think I should be fine.
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-05 at 21.49.15.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)