SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
After preparing for an entire week for a high stakes match, very often the adrenaline of winning against the highest echelon of players on the site runs through you and you just can't contain your excitement to immediately go to the SPL thread and post a solid "easily won vs this awful player, gg lol" before you can even wait for the replay link to pop up on your screen. After you have made your post the dopamine rush that comes once likes and love reacts start to pop up and your teammates continuously gas you up in your team server just runs through your veins and you can't even remember to go back to the smogtours server to retain the replay link, and you just close that window without checking it. It's a common occurrence I'm sure a player of your caliber has experienced many times, Mr. E. Please don't act as if during your many seasons as an SPL veteran and top tier player you didn't feel the same way. It is not about laziness here. Promoting mandatory replays would be preventing these top players from experiencing the fullest joy that comes with winning an SPL match, which is why I am standing up for my fellow peers and suggesting that spectators stop being lazy instead. Hope you can understand my reasoning and endorse my pursuit.

why was kenix banned for an entire year? he's a player new to tournaments and unaware of the rules and, while this isn't a defense, it does show that his intent was not malicious.

" Moreover, we have another aggravating factor: although Luthier did not request it, they had access to an early version of their opponent's team and that is, by itself, a serious offense that we have taken lengthy measures to tackle. "

i dislike how you dress up what happened as a "team leak" when you literally state the situation in the above paragraph. kenix had a team that was built by a mutual friend (of his and bloody alfa's). he did NOT have advance knowledge of what team bloody alfa was going to use. how the hell does this qualify as a team leak??? he literally just saw the preview and realized he has the import and sent it. ok yes that's illegal but 1 year for a first offense for something as non-malicious as this is frankly absurd.

considering something like this a team leak sets up a really dangerous precedent. many ppl have abr teams that arent "publicly" available and often share them in their team chats as part of their prep. yes, pming the import during the game is breaking a rule but to consider it a leak and ban for a year? ridiculous. a team leak is literally, as defined in the rules, when someone has prior knowledge of a team someone will use and relays that information to their opponent. this was NOT the case for kenix.

tricking literally got banned for 1 month for boosting in olt lmao, which is as malicious as it gets and kenix got a year? cmon now, this cant be right lol. kenix broke a rule yes, but theres a plethora of evidence to show that his intent wasnt malicious if you took even a second to speak with him. and to dress this incident up as a leak is even more egregious and dangerous by the td team. kenix's ban should be lowered to 3 months or even lower. the td's should rectify this decision immediately.

i guess these are the kind of decisions you get when you promote tournament hosts to tournament directors lmao

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I thought kenix ban was pretty warranted as I thought him leaking the team would constitute ghosting. However, later I learn there is a rule that allows for 'team sharing' with your teammates with very weird nuances to it.

Maybe not my hottest take, but if you forbid sharing calcs as that constitutes an alteration of decision-making on the players' end, why do we allow sharing entire teams? On top of it, the whole rule is hard to interpret and has led to this mess lol.

If the team was indeed, public and obtainable through a replay, then, the tourban is stupid. Otherwise, I don't have much else to add.

Oh yea, allow me to state the obvious: a year long ban is absurd as hell.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I was under the impression supporting TDs didn’t have a say in these decisions, how come Perry gets to make a tourban call here? as you can see in the screenshot below, he’s actively supporting the bigs. Would like to have this clarified before the end of the week, thank you very much
AAE93BF9-0603-4935-B510-B12B4B231C06.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)