SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
The SPLXII Midseason Coverage article is up! If you want to refresh yourself on everything that happened over the first half of the season or catch up on anything you missed, this article is for you! Huge thank you to The Dutch Plumberjack for always coming in clutch with helping me make these articles possible, Ryota Mitarai for HTML, and Zracknel for his superb logos.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable second half of the season, go Cryos!

that tony gotcha is super boring too. every manager is probably hitting u guys up because u fuckers are a goddam black friday sale. doesn’t make u not trying any less egregious. it goes to show that we need an administrative fail safe to prevent teams from being buffed because 0-4 oafs want to tank a for fun tournament for LULZ

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The SPLXII Midseason Coverage article is up! If you want to refresh yourself on everything that happened over the first half of the season or catch up on anything you missed, this article is for you! Huge thank you to The Dutch Plumberjack for always coming in clutch with helping me make these articles possible, Ryota Mitarai for HTML, and Zracknel for his superb logos.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable second half of the season, go Cryos!
surprised it wasn't mentioned that the TDs unjustly retroactively changed the midseason rules, barring me specifically from signing up (the bad TDs, not the ones i'm allies with like BKC and co. (p*rry))

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
If someone doesn't manage to push through a motion to abolish trades in their entirety, the value of assets traded or liquidated during the season should be capped. If you trade away your star 35k player or three of your 12k players, then it's not really the team you originally built, is it? Especially on these reduced-size, ten-starter rosters. A side-effect of this would be prohibiting any trades involving players whose auction value exceeds the cap, and that seems to solve another problem we're encountering this season (and have historically), which is highly priced players acting like divas in an attempt to be shipped off to winning teams.

If someone doesn't manage to push through a motion to abolish trades in their entirety, the value of assets traded or liquidated during the season should be capped. If you trade away your star 35k player or three of your 12k players, then it's not really the team you originally built, is it? Especially on these reduced-size, ten-starter rosters. A side-effect of this would be prohibiting any trades involving players whose auction value exceeds the cap, and that seems to solve another problem we're encountering this season (and have historically), which is highly priced players acting like divas in an attempt to be shipped off to winning teams.
I agree with everything you said but the easy simple solution is just nuking trades in their entirety. Managers don't "need" the option for more strategy / flexibility and 99% of the time it's the sketchy trades and not anything worth preserving. There's way more negative than positive right now.

Another glaring issue i see is, why in the fuck can managers trade players without their consent? Does that even exist anywhere? In real sports, the player can just refuse to sign the contract right? Imagine you arent doing well but are trying our best, and then you wake up ready for a nice sweet day of prep and suddenly your manager decides to ship you off to brazil. Please change this for next year if trades stay, it is quite absurd and worth of mockery.
Just wanna say players never have a say in trades (ignoring the rare no trade clauses), and honestly it makes no sense for them to. It would just get in the way of management in sports/managers in spl from improving their teams just because some dude doesn't wanna get shipped off. Fwiw i agree w abr, trades are awful in smogon tours but if they stay, requiring player consent for trades would be the worst of both worlds

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Happy Valentine’s Day, I take this opportunity to say fuck off lopunny kicks fuck off amaranth, thanks again for throwing me to the slaughter, sweet managers
No, fuck you for being a team cancer. You signed up and put in bare minimum effort and harrassed us for 5 weeks begging us to ship you to the Wolfpack. We had no obligation to try, because when you sign up to SPL you sign up for ANY team to pick you up, but we were nice, so we did try. We tried coming up with simple trades, then we tried thinking of options that involved a third team, and nothing worked out. Tony himself told you that nothing worked out. Yet you insisted in your antics and insisted in only doing the bare minimum for the team, and you seriously expected us to play nice?

Fuck off. You, and everyone else who signs up but then refuses to actually try. You don't deserve anything from this tournament, other than maybe a tourban. I wasn't even going to go public with this backstory because it's a little sad really, but the moment you speak up I fire back.

-

To everyone screeching about the Ruiners, they just happened to have a player we were interested in of similar value to Santu. Let's not act like we've not just traded away a player that costed 16k in the auction and is 2-3 for a player that costed 10k and is 2-2. We were aware the Ruiners situation was quite tricky but we kept the trade completely reasonable. If anything, we shipped off an utter loser to a team that is already out of contention instead of weakening our actual competition.

Last edited:

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
No, fuck you for being a team cancer. You signed up and put in bare minimum effort and harrassed us for 5 weeks begging us to ship you to the Wolfpack. We had no obligation to try, because when you sign up to SPL you sign up for ANY team to pick you up, but we were nice, so we did try. We tried coming up with simple trades, then we tried thinking of options that involved a third team, and nothing worked out. Tony himself told you that nothing worked out. Yet you insisted in your antics and insisted in only doing the bare minimum for the team, and you seriously expected us to play nice?

Fuck off. You, and everyone else who signs up but then refuses to actually try. You don't deserve anything from this tournament, other than maybe a tourban. I wasn't even going to go public with this backstory because it's a little sad really, but the moment you speak up I fire back.

-

To everyone screeching about the Ruiners, they just happened to have a player we were interested in of similar value to Santu. Let's not act like we've not just traded away a player that costed 16k in the auction and is 2-3 for a player that costed 10k and is 2-2. We were aware the Ruiners situation was quite tricky but we kept the trade completely reasonable. If anything, we shipped off an utter loser to a team that is already out of contention instead of weakening our actual competition.
You're on the wrong side, stop acting you and your buddy behaved like bastards, nice way to condemn an Italian friend. And why the fuck are you saying I didn't put any effort, are you tard or what, I always had supported my teammates always gas them offer tests etc, and in addition I had to built for myself because none helped me on building, so which kind of effort do you wanted? I admit that I wanted to go on wolfpack, but that never led me to cancer, I've always been available and I've always played my best. Stop sticking this thing to what you did you are such a bastard, just stay mute and shut up the fuck, peace. Only cowards like you could tell me about this trade after playing my game yesterday, who knows what would have happened if I had won unfortunately we will never know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)