SPL XIII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
resuming the deleted thread:

What's more annoying BKC : nebs, cif or the strap? am i forgetting anything? were you genuinely mad? im curious as to why if that was the case.

Also reyscarface the tyrants arent emitting chad energy anymore with all that pricefixing; you know that didn't stop the BIGs in the past either.

How did FV get a team as a manager when he regulary couldn't fit playing one game per week for years?
We do not claim marcop, if he is trying to get pricefixed this is the act of another team. I suspect either the Sharks or the Scooters.

The humble Tyrants will not stand for any more slander of our brand.

resuming the deleted thread:

What's more annoying BKC : nebs, cif or the strap? am i forgetting anything? were you genuinely mad? im curious as to why if that was the case.

Also reyscarface the tyrants arent emitting chad energy anymore with all that pricefixing; you know that didn't stop the BIGs in the past either.

How did FV get a team as a manager when he regulary couldn't fit playing one game per week for years?
5tqszc.jpg

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion
i would be doing a disservice to honesty if i didnt make a genuine post endorsing some of the most wonderful teammates ive had in this last season of team tournaments. as i get older, more jaded, and lazier, its always a huge boost to have young motivated guys willing to put in their time to make up for my unwillingness to spend it. these are gonna be the kind of subs / low end starters that will turn your teams' spl experience from good to great. anyone would be lucky to draft one of these gents:

BluBirD252 i could tell this guy i was looking for prep help in dpp lc and he'd spend an hour reading on the best cores in the tier just to help me win an lc-snake draft quality game. having blubird on my team for scl genuinely inspired me to put in max effort in the final 2 weeks of pu -- thats how nice it was to have this guy as a right-hand man. i flip over to the uu/ru/nu/doubles/ou channels to clear notifications and hes half the dialogue in all of those chats as well. great builder and a great presence (guy would humor even the most pointless of conversations) -- pls don't overlook blubird

ez my west pal ez may only stick to his trinity of ss/sm/oras, but my god he is the single most helpful person one could ask for in those tiers. i don't even think ez sleeps, he just waits on showdown for me to ask for test games or to throw a building idea his way. he'll liven your chat while getting the whole team back on track how to win games from the builder. not only is he immense value to just have on your team, but he's a super underrated and smart player!! 5-4 for 4.5k in his least favorite of the tour OUs.. imagine what this beast does in sm or oras?

Vaboh i no longer go into tournament games without showing my team to vaboh first... but more often than not it's actually just because he is the one who built me the team. this guy is so creative and so willing to help any tier he has an interest in. i won't call him a 100% complete player... hes making a tryhard run in sm champs to try and further prove himself... but buy him this year for 3k and hes your 10k stolen retain next year. easily gonna average your teams another win per week in the ou generations. you should have seen how lost US West's ou building would be without this guys leadership my god (even humble bragged to me about hitting #1 on dpp ladder...)

Vileman if an award for most overlooked user was given out, i can guarantee this is who it would go to. as a jack of all trades across every old gen last spl, vileman probably played the most test games out of anyone on the cryos last year. dude was completely content to spend hours just to help tc master a team or help me learn a 1/100 chance matchup. it doesnt matter what format cuz this boomer has been around through them all. id even be completely happy to have him as my gsc starter!! factor all that in with one of the funniest users on the site (and a fantastic spanish translator) and you've got an entire bench worth of players for the cost of one vile-man

happy drafting :D

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Hey all, if/when you have a moment to spare, please check out the message from the Owner of Scrappie ( <-- link to the thread with more information). It takes a team of specialized people behind the scenes to run a tournament, such as SPL, successfully and the auction bot may be taken for granted considering how reliable it's been over the years. If you have the means and interest to, please consider donating to help another in need after all their work and dedication to the community!

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
i would be doing a disservice to honesty if i didnt make a genuine post endorsing some of the most wonderful teammates ive had in this last season of team tournaments. as i get older, more jaded, and lazier, its always a huge boost to have young motivated guys willing to put in their time to make up for my unwillingness to spend it. these are gonna be the kind of subs / low end starters that will turn your teams' spl experience from good to great. anyone would be lucky to draft one of these gents:

BluBirD252 i could tell this guy i was looking for prep help in dpp lc and he'd spend an hour reading on the best cores in the tier just to help me win an lc-snake draft quality game. having blubird on my team for scl genuinely inspired me to put in max effort in the final 2 weeks of pu -- thats how nice it was to have this guy as a right-hand man. i flip over to the uu/ru/nu/doubles/ou channels to clear notifications and hes half the dialogue in all of those chats as well. great builder and a great presence (guy would humor even the most pointless of conversations) -- pls don't overlook blubird

ez my west pal ez may only stick to his trinity of ss/sm/oras, but my god he is the single most helpful person one could ask for in those tiers. i don't even think ez sleeps, he just waits on showdown for me to ask for test games or to throw a building idea his way. he'll liven your chat while getting the whole team back on track how to win games from the builder. not only is he immense value to just have on your team, but he's a super underrated and smart player!! 5-4 for 4.5k in his least favorite of the tour OUs.. imagine what this beast does in sm or oras?

Vaboh i no longer go into tournament games without showing my team to vaboh first... but more often than not it's actually just because he is the one who built me the team. this guy is so creative and so willing to help any tier he has an interest in. i won't call him a 100% complete player... hes making a tryhard run in sm champs to try and further prove himself... but buy him this year for 3k and hes your 10k stolen retain next year. easily gonna average your teams another win per week in the ou generations. you should have seen how lost US West's ou building would be without this guys leadership my god (even humble bragged to me about hitting #1 on dpp ladder...)

Vileman if an award for most overlooked user was given out, i can guarantee this is who it would go to. as a jack of all trades across every old gen last spl, vileman probably played the most test games out of anyone on the cryos last year. dude was completely content to spend hours just to help tc master a team or help me learn a 1/100 chance matchup. it doesnt matter what format cuz this boomer has been around through them all. id even be completely happy to have him as my gsc starter!! factor all that in with one of the funniest users on the site (and a fantastic spanish translator) and you've got an entire bench worth of players for the cost of one vile-man

happy drafting :D
Likewise I think it’s important to give people the credit they deserve

I’m not sure how much of the MANNAT gassing is seen as a meme, but he was genuinely great to work with in scl. He helped March Fires a bunch and actually built most of his winning teams if not all. He has a real understanding of the tier and I would easily pick him up as a SWSH support. Obviously, he’s very active and will liven up the chat as well

Yep, The Killer is a dead meme and mannat is valuable as a teammate. It happened

Additionally, if xavgb signs up for SPL, this is another must buy as a support slot/sub. Dude picked up PU in a single week and showed his builds and playing have what it takes to win, amassing 5 whole ass wins. Absolute grinder and you ask this man to learn any tier and he will do it

Gl to those drafting and those wanting to be drafted

it has come to my attention that certain individuals (literally everyone ive spoken to somehow) are under the impression that i, bench-dog, am signing up with intent to start when this could not be further from the truth.

as appealing as undermining the Sacred Integrity of Smogon Tournaments may be, this is not an act of price fixing: i am actually busy and only plan to commit as much time to mons as my irl commitments allow. my place in anyones draft plans should reflect this. Of course I am willing to sub in occasionally to demonstrate how washed ive become but do not plan to get me as a starter!!!

if you rly plan to get me dont go above 4k and rn i think i could only sub, maybe i could become somewhat viable in a couple of months but idk. i've been only playing vgc and unite lately so i'm super washed

i would practice old gens on ladder but no one plays them :(

Im 100% serious about this

Managers: FlamingVictini + Shiloh

SS OU: xXKidOfDeathXx
SS OU: Advanceship
SS OU: Nat
SM OU: Charmflash
ORAS OU: Dodmen
BW OU: Dice
DPP OU: Jirachee
ADV OU: Danilo
GSC OU: Cased
RBY OU: Hipmonlee

Subs: CALLOUS, Watashi, Cdumas, Hiye

Managers: D0nut + FMG

SS OU: Chaitanya
SS OU: Luthier
SS OU: Serene Grace
SM OU: BTB
ORAS OU: Blunderr
BW OU: Obii
DPP OU: DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Star
GSC OU: PJ
RBY OU: Rozes

Bench: Bushtush, Snaga, Blarghlfarghl, MANNAT

Managers: Triangles + Coconut

SS OU: Xtra$hine
SS OU: Vore Gidal
SS OU: Genesis7
SM OU: Z0mog
ORAS OU: Amane Misa
BW OU: Finchinator
DPP OU: Kristyl
ADV OU: Umbry
GSC OU: Aliss
RBY OU: Maya Chansey

Bench: Osgoode, Tricking, Eo Ut Mortus, Zeefable, I'm Rick Astley, Evigaro

Managers: Reyscarface + Dice

SS OU: Talah
SS OU: Niko
SS OU: John W
SS OU: Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Z0mog
ORAS OU: Crashinboombang
BW OU: Soulgazer
DPP OU: 100percentpureheat
ADV OU: Jisoo
GSC OU: Lavos
RBY OU: Allce

Subs: TPP, Starry Blanket, BKC, TonyFlygon

Managers: TDK + Obii

SS OU: Raptor
SS OU: MAX UND MAX
SS OU: Anti
SM OU: Zuchtrest
ORAS OU: CBB
BW OU: Style
DPP OU: Skeptics
ADV OU: Starmaster
GSC OU: M Dragon
RBY OU: Metaphysical

Bench: Mazar, Acacia, Bouff, Leru

Managers: McMeghan + Excal

SS OU: Niko
SS OU: Felix
SS OU: Tace
SM OU: Eternam
ORAS OU: Jytcampbell
BW OU: Zokuru
DPP OU: BIHI
ADV OU: Teclis
GSC OU: Rubyblood
RBY OU: Hayburner

Subs: Prinz [CAUGHT IN 4K (MAX)]

Managers: Raiza + Tricking

SS OU: Safir
SS OU: Shakeitup
SS OU: Joga
SM OU: Samqian
ORAS OU: Luigi
BW OU: Kokoloko
DPP OU: Stone Cold
ADV OU: Talkingtree
GSC OU: Snaga
RBY OU: Lunala

Managers: TonyFlygon + BKC

Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)