Resource SQSA Natdex Other Tiers Edition

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
An uncontested speed tier alongside CB Tera Fighting Close Combat makes Pheromosa a better wallbreaker than in prior generations. It's still fairly niche due to Tera dependancy, but it's a much more self-sufficient option than before nonetheless. Dragon Dance Dragonium Z Zekrom is a legitimate threat on hyper offense, capable of breaking through even traditional checks like Arceus-Ground / Primal Groudon after some chip. Arceus-Rock is mostly useful for the Flying-resistance, letting it sit on Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza etc. but it faces heavy competition from other Arceus formes that match up better into more relevant metagame threats. Roaring Moon is a very niche Dragon Dance Terastal sweeper on hyper offense that doesn't take up the Mega / Arceus slot, although I haven't used this Pokemon at all so I can't speak more on it.

I'll go over the sample sets and see if there are any more inconsistencies, thanks for notifying

Was looking thru ladder choices and saw Nat Dex RU is not playable. Is there any chance of implementing a ladder for gen 9?

Runo

How it feels to procrastinate on everything
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Was looking thru ladder choices and saw Nat Dex RU is not playable. Is there any chance of implementing a ladder for gen 9?
NatDex UU needs to have a larger player base for the most part for RU to ever have a chance to be a ladder. Another factor is RU's own playerbase, which is fairly small atm. So if there's no large active player base then why bother with a ladder when it's just going to be dead most of the time? If you're truly interested in NatDex RU, I'd recommend checking out it's discord server or check out the NDOT room on Pokémon Showdown. You can ask for matches there.
Why is Dialga > Dialga-O in ubers? Afaik, they do the exact same things except dialga-O is more specially bulky
Dialga-O needs to run Adamant Crystal in order for it to change forms. Meanwhile base form is slightly less specially bulky, but it's free to run items like Choice Scarf or Choice Specs. So more often than not, the slightly extra bulk is not worth it over being able to act as speed control or a more consistent wallbreaker. You can also afford to bluff your item since Dialga's item isn't obvious on team preview.

is there any chance we get a gen 8 natdex OU ladder? I have a feeling it would be worth running since people like myself still very much enjoy that tier, more than this gen at least at the moment, and would support a ladder for it.

just checked the vrs for the first time for ndubers and I noticed salamence-mega is ranked all the way up in A+ tier, whereas in gen 8 ndag mence was nowhere to be seen on the vr, let alone anywhere near the top 10 in the tier. what changed that made mence good?

Runo

just checked the vrs for the first time for ndubers and I noticed salamence-mega is ranked all the way up in A+ tier, whereas in gen 8 ndag mence was nowhere to be seen on the vr, let alone anywhere near the top 10 in the tier. what changed that made mence good?
Mega Salamence is directly outclassed by Mega Rayquaza in AG formats. But in Ubers formats, Mega Rayquaza is banned so Mega Salamence no longer has to compete with it. Basically Mega Salamence is a balanced version of Mega Rayquaza.

Runo

(since it seems no one asked in here yet, and I'm curious)

Why was Calyrex-Shadow banned???

Was Electric Terrain nerfed?
Caly-S was banned because like last gen, it put an absurd amount of strain on the teambuilding process and was really overcentralizing due to basically mandating a Arceus Normal, Arceus Dark, or Yveltal on every team in order to switch into it properly. That alone makes it a questionable mon in the meta but thanks to Tera, it can just invalidate the few checks it had and become an unstoppable snowball.

Yes electric terrain is nerfed from a 50% boost in gen 7 to a 30% boost in gens 8 & 9

Runo

Alright now i'm gonna ask about lugia in natdex ubers. Does it get buffed or nerfed by terra?
it gets "buffed", but that doesn't solve its other issues (the fact that its still insanely passive, heavily reliant on multiscale, and incapable of responding well against any mon that clicks Taunt against it such as the Arceus forms and Deo-S). Overall Ho-oh is far more splashable, has a better starting typing for the meta, and isn't as passive while also sporting the more consistent Regenerator. Lugia on the other hand can only really be utilized on select Stall teams and is awful anywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)