Resource SS CAP Bazaar

Jho

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor
art soon

Hi, welcome to the SS CAP team Bazaar! This thread is for casual team sharing without the need to go in-depth into your teams like you would in a Sample Teams submission or the RMT forum. Here are the rules:

. Make sure you have tested your team and know how it functions.
. Provide the Importable of your team and a short description.

Here's an example post
:clefable::flareon::seismitoad::hydreigon::darmanitan-galar::equilibra:
This is a balance build built around Specially defensive Flareon, which is a pretty cool niche pick which provides the team with a solid answer to Clefable and Jumbao whilst also being able to soft check Galar Darm. The team functions by wearing down the opponent's team with Doom Desire and status from both Flareon and Seismitoad whilst Flareon's wish keeps Seismitoad and Equilibra healthy as they have no recovery of thier own. Galarian Darm acts as the teams speed control and is often able to sweep through teams that have been worn down sufficiently. Hydreigon and Clefable are two of the best wallbreakers in the meta and both can significantly damage Darms checks, allowing the team to work towards that win condition.

That's it! Happy team sharing!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/5b23e1ad0d99ef18

This is a balance team built around Mollux (my fav CAP)+Jumbao+Equilibra. The teams main goal is to wear the opponent's team down through diff options such as Doom Desire from Equil, Wall Breaker Clefable, and status from Seismitoad+Mollux. Mollux is my fav CAP and extremely important in the meta. The high amount of Fairy offense puts Mollux's great special bulk, fairy resistance, and resistances to common fairy coverage such as grass, fighting, and fire to amazing use. It also has heal bell to ensure that stall teams can't stall the team out in the long run with status. Mollux+Equil cover each others weaknesses extremely well while trace Jumbao counters Mollux's #1 mortal enemy Dugtrio (who is usually seen with the fairies that mollux counters). Due to fairy offense+Dugtrio being extremely common, Equal has levitate to evade arena trap and assault vest to beef up Spd to make up for the lack of bulletproof. While it lacks any form of recovery, Jumbao provides wish supports so Equal can switch in, spin hazards, and wear the opponent down with Doom Desire throughout the game.

Syclant can sweep if the opponents team has been worn down enough but its mostly used for speed control and hard hitting u-turns to generate momentum.
One of this teams old counters was toxapex. To address this, I decided to run Clefable. Clefable is not only one of the best wall breakers in the meta, but really good against pex thanks to magic guard. The speed EV's and choice of psychic was meant outspeed 0 speed mollux and hit it for super effective dmg while also hitting toxapex for super effective dmg. However, psychic only 3hko 252/252+ Mollux which isn't the best. But its worth noting that the majority of Mollux's run shed shell to evade dugtrio so it can become a 2hko with some prior damage or stealth rocks.
Finally, Seismitoad is being ran because I wanted a physically bulky Pokemon who can set up stealth rocks. Also, water/ground +water absorb means toad handles Volkraken, Dracovish, and Dracozolt extremely well, who are big threats to balance teams by exploiting the teams tendency to switch a lot.

Hope this description was good.

Edit: So apparently Mollux shouldn't learn heal bell but it can right now due to some issues with move pools on PS, replace heal bell for rapid spin/SR/CM/whatever you want.

Last edited:
:chandelure: :clefable: :colossoil: :darmanitan: :jumbao: :venusaur:

It's quarantine so there you go. I've had a lot of success with this team recently, so why not add a little freshness into this thread and share it with you.
It's a quite straightforward sun bulky offense that abuses 3 extremely strong attackers to break through almost any defensive core.

:chandelure: I already submitted Chandelure + Jumbao in CAP good cores, as I believe it's the best member of the team. Whenever it comes in under sun it kills something in a pretty satisfying manner. Most importantly, it doesn't struggle that much to come in. It's a free switch into the top 3 mons of the meta (corvi, mollux, clefable) as well as any fire or fighting type move. The only true checks are Tyranitar and bulky trace Jumbao.

:clefable: I needed a rocker that could take care of many physical threats, which defensive Clefable does perfectly. Double bulky fairy might look kind of ugly, but Jumbao and Clef don't fit the same roles, and can sometimes share the physical pressure. It's one of the only walls to forb Colossoil and Conkeldurr which is worth noticing. It acts well as a glue. I've changed the last moveslot a couple of times, but I've found aromatherapy to be very helpful to give the team more sustain in long lasting games. Sadly teleport isn't an option with soft boiled, and rocks are necessary so no wish protect.

:colossoil: Assault vest Colossoil is incredibly good nowadays. It's a frightening and safe switchin to Mollux, and prevents any kind of ghost spam action. Knock + spin + u-turn provide godlike utility, as the team is weak to hazards and likes volt turn very much. The rapid spin buff is miraculous, as you will now invalidate any suicide lead by clicking rapid spin on turn 1 and killing on turn 2.

:darmanitan: Scarf darm has no switchin under sun. Other than scarf Hydreigon, no commonly used mon outspeeds it, which allows for easy late game flare blitz spam sweeps. Trick can be usefull for something like Argonaut or Toxapex

:jumbao: After switching sets a lot, I really like this one. The heavy offensive investment allows it to be a big threat to any non-resisting mon (even things like cm clef, equilibra, toxapex) while still having good defensive capacities. You can just wishpass to the breakers if the opponent goes clefable.

:venusaur: The holes left by the breakers usually allow for a Venusaur sweep. It sometimes randomly 6-0es teams. Also I often end up sacrificing it to weaken a fire-resisting mon like Kommo-o or Pajantom. Your gameplan against ho will often be setting up rocks and sweeping with Venusaur.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1083587198
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1079050128-t3ygf4ocxk40c9xwp6i48krn1zbpvxopwop
I only have 2 replays from tournament games as I hide all my ladder games. I've spammed this on ladder, and only lost to Jay using goddamn ttar.

There is nothing the team automatically looses to, especially thanks to the double trick core. However Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Pelipper and trace Jumbao are definetly hard to deal with.

Edit- updated the arghonaut set in the advice of Stall Guy and Atha
https://pokepast.es/85d9c7909328520c
So I made this team recently and i got all sorts of good feedback about, so I said "sure, why not put it in the bazaar"?
The main core consists of Pyroak and Equilibra, making it a bulky, offensive, but relatively versatile team:

Pyroak: Great typing and extremely high defence stat manages to surprise much more ´mons than it gets credit for. His great recovery in synthesis and leech seed meaning it can afford to put on the boots to switch in safely on toxic spikes and stealth rocks. In addition, it can set Stealth rock up himself, usually when the enemy switches out to a potential threats, which can usually get walled by ...

Equilibra: Being one of the more dominant pokemon right now in the meta, due to his great bulk but scary special attack and access to Doom Desire. Equilibra can perfectly switch into all super effective types on Pyroak, and with its pretty good special defense, get it easily on other move types such as Ice and dragon. Pain split is its crucial saver when his Hp drops low (even tho it has leftovers and might have seed from pyroak). I also gave it Rapid spin, which is almost never seen on it, but proves to be effective in hazard removal.

In Atha's advice, I added a mon that takes care of flying threats-
Zeraora: With its extraordinary speed and flexible movepool, zeraora threats a lot of mons and is an essential support to the core, especially against flying types. I gave it fire punch on the last move, to threat some mons like jumbao and jirachi. you'd usually lead with zeraora, use it to revenge kill, or switch in on electric moves.

Hatterene: is very bulky :p. Her access to magic bounce, draining kiss and calm mind makes her an offensive tank that scares all fighting and dragon mons. Mythical fire makes her scare steel types, and can openly invite equilibra into her counters. be wary regarding her EV, meaning that she needs to Calm Mind to absorb strong special attacks.

Arghonaut: Since its offensive versions proves to not be effective, Arghonaut now serves as an unaware-abusing wall, that is meant to tank through many set up sweepers and block mostly physical threats, and some special threats alike. It also has a privilege to spikes so obviously that's helpful.
Try using circle throw when an enemy cawmodore sets up with belly drum.

The last slot had me thinking for a while but decided to use Band Syclant as a physical breaker. His ability means he doesn't need to worry about having boots, and since it has a higher attack but lower defence than zeraora, making it a speed control with lo will jst be repetitive in sets. It abuses the great combination of rock/ground as well as its stab U-turn and Icicle crash.

So that's it! Enjoy using and playing with the team, and hopefully you won't pass me on ladder :P

Last edited:
Arghonaut: is honestly one of my least favorite CAP mons. He is sometimes passive, sometimes a completely counter and is overall inconsistent, but boi does it help in battle a lot. His pretty high hp and Unaware ability allows it to threat any type weak to water or fighting ( steel, ice, fire, dark).
I was conflicting between giving it poison jab on knock off, but ultimately decided that knock provides more utility than poison jab, as well and make it harder for cawmodore to switch onto it.
Overall this is a very strong team and I really like it. Leech Seed+Equilibra is always a great pairing. Def agree with 4 speed EV but wondered what the def and Spd investment is for.

The only thing I would consider is a slight change to Argho. If you don't mind dropping Unaware, Consider Tech as another ability and drop Drain Punch for Circle Throw. You trade off the ability to sit on set up sweepers and some additional recovery for a bit more oomph and the ability to phase things.

Overall this is a very strong team and I really like it. Leech Seed+Equilibra is always a great pairing. Def agree with 4 speed EV but wondered what the def and Spd investment is for.

The only thing I would consider is a slight change to Argho. If you don't mind dropping Unaware, Consider Tech as another ability and drop Drain Punch for Circle Throw. You trade off the ability to sit on set up sweepers and some additional recovery for a bit more oomph and the ability to phase things.
I think offensive Arghonaut isn't good in the current metagame, as it will never be able to threaten any defensive mon (clef, corvi, jumbao, etc), and is too frail to really act as a wall. That's why I would heavily recommend running full def unaware Arghonaut with recover, spikes, circle throw and knock off.

I think offensive Arghonaut isn't good in the current metagame, as it will never be able to threaten any defensive mon (clef, corvi, jumbao, etc), and is too frail to really act as a wall. That's why I would heavily recommend running full def unaware Arghonaut with recover, spikes, circle throw and knock off.
I agree. When I use Argonaught, its always the def unaware set with Recover, Spikes, Circle Throw, and Knock Off.
Just wanted to pitch the idea that if your running offensive Arghonaut, consider Technician and how it makes certain moves more viable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)