Resource SS CAP Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
art soon

Hi, welcome to the SS CAP team Bazaar! This thread is for casual team sharing without the need to go in-depth into your teams like you would in the RMT forum. Here are the rules:

. Make sure you have tested your team and know how it functions.
. Provide the Importable of your team and a short description.

Here's an example post
:clefable::flareon::seismitoad::hydreigon::darmanitan-galar::equilibra:
This is a balance build built around Specially defensive Flareon, which is a pretty cool niche pick which provides the team with a solid answer to Clefable and Jumbao whilst also being able to soft check Galar Darm. The team functions by wearing down the opponent's team with Doom Desire and status from both Flareon and Seismitoad whilst Flareon's wish keeps Seismitoad and Equilibra healthy as they have no recovery of thier own. Galarian Darm acts as the teams speed control and is often able to sweep through teams that have been worn down sufficiently. Hydreigon and Clefable are two of the best wallbreakers in the meta and both can significantly damage Darms checks, allowing the team to work towards that win condition.

That's it! Happy team sharing!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/5b23e1ad0d99ef18

This is a balance team built around Mollux (my fav CAP)+Jumbao+Equilibra. The teams main goal is to wear the opponent's team down through diff options such as Doom Desire from Equil, Wall Breaker Clefable, and status from Seismitoad+Mollux. Mollux is my fav CAP and extremely important in the meta. The high amount of Fairy offense puts Mollux's great special bulk, fairy resistance, and resistances to common fairy coverage such as grass, fighting, and fire to amazing use. It also has heal bell to ensure that stall teams can't stall the team out in the long run with status. Mollux+Equil cover each others weaknesses extremely well while trace Jumbao counters Mollux's #1 mortal enemy Dugtrio (who is usually seen with the fairies that mollux counters). Due to fairy offense+Dugtrio being extremely common, Equal has levitate to evade arena trap and assault vest to beef up Spd to make up for the lack of bulletproof. While it lacks any form of recovery, Jumbao provides wish supports so Equal can switch in, spin hazards, and wear the opponent down with Doom Desire throughout the game.

Syclant can sweep if the opponents team has been worn down enough but its mostly used for speed control and hard hitting u-turns to generate momentum.
One of this teams old counters was toxapex. To address this, I decided to run Clefable. Clefable is not only one of the best wall breakers in the meta, but really good against pex thanks to magic guard. The speed EV's and choice of psychic was meant outspeed 0 speed mollux and hit it for super effective dmg while also hitting toxapex for super effective dmg. However, psychic only 3hko 252/252+ Mollux which isn't the best. But its worth noting that the majority of Mollux's run shed shell to evade dugtrio so it can become a 2hko with some prior damage or stealth rocks.
Finally, Seismitoad is being ran because I wanted a physically bulky Pokemon who can set up stealth rocks. Also, water/ground +water absorb means toad handles Volkraken, Dracovish, and Dracozolt extremely well, who are big threats to balance teams by exploiting the teams tendency to switch a lot.

Hope this description was good.

Edit: So apparently Mollux shouldn't learn heal bell but it can right now due to some issues with move pools on PS, replace heal bell for rapid spin/SR/CM/whatever you want.

Last edited:
:chandelure: :clefable: :colossoil: :darmanitan: :jumbao: :venusaur:

It's quarantine so there you go. I've had a lot of success with this team recently, so why not add a little freshness into this thread and share it with you.
It's a quite straightforward sun bulky offense that abuses 3 extremely strong attackers to break through almost any defensive core.

:chandelure: I already submitted Chandelure + Jumbao in CAP good cores, as I believe it's the best member of the team. Whenever it comes in under sun it kills something in a pretty satisfying manner. Most importantly, it doesn't struggle that much to come in. It's a free switch into the top 3 mons of the meta (corvi, mollux, clefable) as well as any fire or fighting type move. The only true checks are Tyranitar and bulky trace Jumbao.

:clefable: I needed a rocker that could take care of many physical threats, which defensive Clefable does perfectly. Double bulky fairy might look kind of ugly, but Jumbao and Clef don't fit the same roles, and can sometimes share the physical pressure. It's one of the only walls to forb Colossoil and Conkeldurr which is worth noticing. It acts well as a glue. I've changed the last moveslot a couple of times, but I've found aromatherapy to be very helpful to give the team more sustain in long lasting games. Sadly teleport isn't an option with soft boiled, and rocks are necessary so no wish protect.

:colossoil: Assault vest Colossoil is incredibly good nowadays. It's a frightening and safe switchin to Mollux, and prevents any kind of ghost spam action. Knock + spin + u-turn provide godlike utility, as the team is weak to hazards and likes volt turn very much. The rapid spin buff is miraculous, as you will now invalidate any suicide lead by clicking rapid spin on turn 1 and killing on turn 2.

:darmanitan: Scarf darm has no switchin under sun. Other than scarf Hydreigon, no commonly used mon outspeeds it, which allows for easy late game flare blitz spam sweeps. Trick can be usefull for something like Argonaut or Toxapex

:jumbao: After switching sets a lot, I really like this one. The heavy offensive investment allows it to be a big threat to any non-resisting mon (even things like cm clef, equilibra, toxapex) while still having good defensive capacities. You can just wishpass to the breakers if the opponent goes clefable.

:venusaur: The holes left by the breakers usually allow for a Venusaur sweep. It sometimes randomly 6-0es teams. Also I often end up sacrificing it to weaken a fire-resisting mon like Kommo-o or Pajantom. Your gameplan against ho will often be setting up rocks and sweeping with Venusaur.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1083587198
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1079050128-t3ygf4ocxk40c9xwp6i48krn1zbpvxopwop
I only have 2 replays from tournament games as I hide all my ladder games. I've spammed this on ladder, and only lost to Jay using goddamn ttar.

There is nothing the team automatically looses to, especially thanks to the double trick core. However Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Pelipper and trace Jumbao are definetly hard to deal with.

Edit- updated the arghonaut set in the advice of Stall Guy and Atha
Edit (1) - some grammar and detail mistakes >P

https://pokepast.es/85d9c7909328520c
So I made this team recently and I got all sorts of good feedback about, so I said "sure, why not put it in the bazaar"?
The main core consists of Pyroak and Equilibra, making it a bulky, offensive, but relatively versatile team:

Pyroak: Great typing and extremely high defence stat manages to surprise much more ´mons than it gets credit for. His great recovery in synthesis and leech seed meaning it can afford to put on the boots to switch in safely on toxic spikes and stealth rocks. In addition, it can set Stealth rock up himself, usually when the enemy switches out to a potential threats, which can usually get walled by ...

Equilibra: Being one of the more dominant pokemon right now in the meta, due to his great bulk and scary special attack and access to Doom Desire. Equilibra can perfectly switch into all super effective types on Pyroak, and with its pretty good special defense, get it easily on other move types such as Ice and dragon. Pain split is its crucial saver when his HP drops low (even tho it has leftovers and might have seed from pyroak). I also gave it Rapid spin, which is almost never found on it, but proves to be effective in hazard removal.

In Atha's advice, I added a mon that takes care of flying threats-
Zeraora: With its extraordinary speed and flexible movepool, zeraora threats a lot of mons and is an essential support to the core, especially against flying types. I gave it fire punch on the last move, to threat some mons like jumbao and jirachi. you'd usually lead with zeraora, use it to revenge kill, or switch in on electric moves.

Hatterene: is very bulky :p. Her access to magic bounce, draining kiss and calm mind makes her an offensive tank that scares all fighting and dragon mons. Mythical fire lets her scare some steel types, as well as openly invite equilibra into her counters. be wary regarding her EV, as she needs to Calm Mind to absorb strong special attacks.

Arghonaut: Since its offensive versions proves to not be effective, Arghonaut now serves as an unaware-abusing wall, that is meant to tank through many set up sweepers and block mostly physical threats, and some special threats alike. It also has a privilege to spikes so obviously that's helpful.
Try using circle throw when an enemy cawmodore sets up with belly drum.

The last slot had me thinking for a while but decided to use Band Syclant as a physical breaker. His ability means he doesn't need to worry about having boots, and since it has a higher attack but lower speed than zeraora, making it a 'speed control with Life orb' will just be a repetitive use. It abuses the great combination of rock/ground as well as its stab U-turn and Icicle crash.

So that's it! Enjoy using and playing with the team, and hopefully you won't pass me on ladder :P

Last edited:
Arghonaut: is honestly one of my least favorite CAP mons. He is sometimes passive, sometimes a completely counter and is overall inconsistent, but boi does it help in battle a lot. His pretty high hp and Unaware ability allows it to threat any type weak to water or fighting ( steel, ice, fire, dark).
I was conflicting between giving it poison jab on knock off, but ultimately decided that knock provides more utility than poison jab, as well and make it harder for cawmodore to switch onto it.
Overall this is a very strong team and I really like it. Leech Seed+Equilibra is always a great pairing. Def agree with 4 speed EV but wondered what the def and Spd investment is for.

The only thing I would consider is a slight change to Argho. If you don't mind dropping Unaware, Consider Tech as another ability and drop Drain Punch for Circle Throw. You trade off the ability to sit on set up sweepers and some additional recovery for a bit more oomph and the ability to phase things.

Overall this is a very strong team and I really like it. Leech Seed+Equilibra is always a great pairing. Def agree with 4 speed EV but wondered what the def and Spd investment is for.

The only thing I would consider is a slight change to Argho. If you don't mind dropping Unaware, Consider Tech as another ability and drop Drain Punch for Circle Throw. You trade off the ability to sit on set up sweepers and some additional recovery for a bit more oomph and the ability to phase things.
I think offensive Arghonaut isn't good in the current metagame, as it will never be able to threaten any defensive mon (clef, corvi, jumbao, etc), and is too frail to really act as a wall. That's why I would heavily recommend running full def unaware Arghonaut with recover, spikes, circle throw and knock off.

I think offensive Arghonaut isn't good in the current metagame, as it will never be able to threaten any defensive mon (clef, corvi, jumbao, etc), and is too frail to really act as a wall. That's why I would heavily recommend running full def unaware Arghonaut with recover, spikes, circle throw and knock off.
I agree. When I use Argonaught, its always the def unaware set with Recover, Spikes, Circle Throw, and Knock Off.
Just wanted to pitch the idea that if your running offensive Arghonaut, consider Technician and how it makes certain moves more viable.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
I've learned about SwSh CAP enough to have built some decent teams. Below I'll drop my favorite teams and give a very brief description of them.

:mew: :clefable: :ferrothorn:
1586221182868.png
:tomohawk: :syclant:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Body Press

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Body Press

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Syclant @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Spikes

This balance team is built around Bulk Up Mew. A set I watched tour player lax use in a natdex match. I think blunder also released a video on Mew earlier today. Anyhow, I put wish port Clef in so I could pivot into Mew and throw up a Bulk up when I force a switch with it. Clef fits on every team so it only makes sense its on this one. I added Ferrothorn because I need Stealth Rocks support and I wanted something fat to detour Physical attackers and something that could cover Clefs weaknesses. Next I added Krilowatt because I wanted a semi-strong attacker that could Pivot out with Volt-switch. Krilowatt made sense to me because of the of the crazy amount of Coverage it has. Next, Tomohawk removes hazards for the team and uses intimidate to threaten Physical attackers. Lastly, I chose Syclant because I wanted an offensive Spikes user. Roserade couldn't pivot so I decided to go on Mixed Syclant which is the standard USUM one.

:conkeldurr: :clefable: :pajantom: :equilibra: :tomohawk: :arcanine:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun
- Teleport
- Will-O-Wisp

Pajantom @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

I built this team around Conkeldurr. Clefable is obviously on this team as a slow pivot with Wish and Teleport into Conkeldurr so that he stays healthy enough to threaten a ton of pokemon. Next I needed something to trap Tomohawk and other pokemon that could threat Conk so I chose Spdef Pajantom to fulfill that role. Next I needed hazards and removal so I went with the stand dua of Equilibra and Tomohawk. At this point I looked at the team and realized that I was insanely weak to Zeraora. I needed a dedicated Zeraora check so originally it was Pyroak but changed it to Arcanine when I watched my Pyroak die to a Poison Jab lol. Also Acanine and Clefable form a teleport core which is really cool.

:hippowdon: :clefable: :jirachi: :mandibuzz: :colossoil: :ferrothorn:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press

Clefable @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Body Press

I wanted to build a defensive team that relied on weather chip and hazards to win. I come up with this balance team which oddly enough is all immune to sand. That wasn't my original intention but it worked out like that. Clefable, this time, is the wincon as it utilizes CM to set up pokemon. Jirachi is the Healing Wish and Scarfed Pokemon. It can heal Clef if it gets in a tight spot and can't hit a wish or it can heal Colossoil. Mandibuzz is an emergency remover while helping to cover Clefables weak Spdef. AV Guts Colossoil also does this and acts as an offensive pivot. Lastly Ferrothorn covers the team Water-type weaknesses fairly well and sets Spikes to ensure hazard chip.

:hippowdon: :excadrill: :clefable: :pajantom: :tomohawk: :ferrothorn:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Pajantom @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Body Press

Sand is really good right now. It only needs two pokemon to function: a setter and Excadrill. Obviously I have both here with Teleport Clefable because of course its a nice defensive slow pivot. Next I needed to find a way to remove Tomohawk so Driller and Hippowdon weren't as threatened. Spdef Pajantom again was the answer to this problem. Next I added a remover and Ferrothorn to help cover Water-types. Building sand is fairly easy lol.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Yo, this is not my team at all, its something that I just think we as a meta have settled upon due to its sheer power. But here's standard.exe:

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 48 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Astrolotl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Wish

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Very simple team to play; you got 1000 ways to grab momentum with Zera and Slowking, Delayed move spam can guarantee a KO every time you get Shifu in, and standard as hell King/Libra/Tomo defensive core means you're generally pretty prepped vs the meta.

https://pokepast.es/7379ced419f30042

Zera 2.0? (Dragapult) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Spell Tag
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 108 Atk / 176 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Hex

Voltage (Astrolotl) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 180 HP / 140 Atk / 4 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp

Everyone Hates Me (Equilibra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 144 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Pain Split
- Aura Sphere

Fatass (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Buzzard (Mandibuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play

My Waifu (Mollux) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Write UP is WIP
I have another team Ive been running for a while, but its basically Quiz's team. Might post it later if people want. Wanted to get away from :Tomohawk: :Urshifu: and Slows for a bit.
So here is a new one I built and Ive been liking it so far. Its an Fat Balance/Semi-Stall team with nearly everyone running HDB and spam burn like there is no tomorrow.

:Dragapult: is the teams offensive pivot and main dmg dealer. Since :Zeraora: already outspeeds and speed tie feels unreliable, I made it fast enough to outspend fully invested :Syclant:. Dropped some SpA EV to so I have enough ATK ev to always OHKO 0 HP/0 Def Astro. The status spam of the team usually makes Hex do decent dmg. HDB because its this teams gimmick but if you want more power, then consider spell tag. Rash nature to minimize risk of Scylant revenge kill with Ice Shard and because this team is so special bulk bias it hurts.

:Astrolotl: is here for item removal, and spike laying. Ran enough speed to outspeed max krill, enough atk to 2HKO Bulky QD :Volcarona: (because I hate it), and most optimal HP stat I could get. With Toxic banned (a good thing), Im running WoW.

:Blissey: is here for wish passing and the primary special wall. It takes status for the team, and is focused on wish passing instead of teleport. Helps ensure that Equal and Dragapult stay alive for a long time.

:Equalibra: runs levitate for the spike immunity, aura sphere (because I hate the Equal mirror) and 4 speed for the mirror. Set up Doom Desire, and watch it rip. Another one of the teams main dmg dealers.

I have a huge love of :Mollux:. It pairs beautifully with Equal, spreads status with STAB Sludge Bomb and Lava Plume, and sets up SR. Could run Flamethrower over Lava Plume for the extra oomph, but this team appreciates the burn spam. 24 def ensures it can live a Wicked Blow from CB Urshi.

Finally, :Mandibuzz: is here as the teams physical wall and hazard remover. While hazard removal sounds dumb on a team with 4-5 HDB mons, Knock Off spam made me run Defog as insurance. +Its one the few mons can take the future sight+Urshi combo (though CB CC still hurts a lot). This team is super special def bias, so keeping Mandi healthy is important and why 3 mons spread burns.

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:dragapult: :krilowatt: :kerfluffle: :mollux: :pajantom: :mandibuzz:

https://pokepast.es/eada95a6333b4b88

One of the staples of my #1 finish in the August room tournament leaderboard, this team showcases a few favorites of mine: double CB Ghost/Dragons, "Kerfable", and Mandibuzz to take on opposing Ghost/Dragons.

Ghost/Dragons are really, really good in CAP right now, especially with Tomohawk as the physically defensive safety net of choice for many teams. The weird Pajantom set is againa's idea, it punishes Equilibra hard and benefits a ton from Kerfluffle's Wish support.

Mollux is a little bad, but necessary to take on Fairies for the team, especially Kerfluffle. The lack of great Fairies right now is a major reason why CB Dragapult is so good.

Replays will be edited in.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1179539725

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1177752001

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1175473917

Hey guys its been a hot minute hope you're all well!
:Amoonguss: :Urshifu: :Equilibra: :Slowking: :Tomohawk: :Astrolotl:
https://pokepast.es/2418afaa147a0380
I've had a lot of fun with this team made out of a regen core between Astrolotl, Amoonguss, and Slowking, so I thought I'd go into a showcase of it here :D. Overall, the team aims to consistently pressure the opponent with status, delayed moves and hazards to wear the opponent down whilst the team remains healthy thanks to regenerator and passive recovery through leftovers. Intermittently thanks to pivoting through Slowking, heavy hitters like Equilibra and Urshifu can come in, drop bombs and move away.
The Team
:Amoonguss:
Amnoonguss is there to handle electric, fairy and water types, but primarily spread status to opposing bulky teams. Toxic is very good especially as its almost impossible to get a simple, sub 10 turn sweep against this team, and toxic just keeps pressure on slow teams. Clear Smog is a good alternative if you're about to be swept, but I personally run Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain because the big thorn in my side :Volcaroa: can take out Amoonguss in one hit at +1 anyways.
:Urshifu:
The absolutely busted wallbreaker, Urshifu has the ability to threaten any switch-in with a potential Wicked Blow, Close Combat, or Ice Punch. Urshifu is brought in under Slowking's Teleport or a predicted switch to take as little damage as possible and deal some tremendous damage back. You'll really get use out of Urshifu if you play patiently. Urshifu is kind of the catch-all for the team. It has priority for opposing scarfers or banded pokemon (namely :Rillaboom:) and has the ability to threaten Mandibuzz with ice punch. Urshifu pairs offensively well with Slowking specifically, which I'll go to when I get to slowking. All there is to say is: Urshifu is the pokemon that will ensure a win with tough 50/50s and virtually no counters. U-Turn is optional for a sweet boost to momentum but the prospect of dealing damage to Tomohawk and Mandibuzz is too appealing for me to not run ice punch on my team.
:Equilibra:
Necessary on every team, Equilibra takes a strange 'utility-first, ruin lives later' approach, with its main job being a spinner with plenty of resistances. Doom Desire is fun if you had to absorb an attack and don't know what to do now, and Earth Power checks steels with no fighting move. What's left is entirely up to you and your team comp. If you Tomohawk doesn't run Aura Sphere for Haze, I recommend running Aura Sphere on this Equilibra as a secondary check for other Equilibras, if not Pain Split can help it out-stall other bulky mons which can't do much to it, and Flash Cannon can help deal with weakened pokemon you don't want to have to take your doom desire. Overall Equilibra is mainly here for its multiple resistances and rapid spin utility first and foremost.
:Slowking:
The second part of the Regen Trio, Slowking is the primary Tomohawk and Equilibra check, with its general goal to burn, teleport, and future sight. Slack off can be swapped for ice beam if grass types and Cyclohm are getting out of hand, but Slack Off can help your matchups against slower teams and outlasting them, as well as allowing you to take bigger hits knowing you can switch in later and heal up more. Slowking is an excellent way to swing momentum in your favour and is Urshifu's best friend. If the opposing team has a Tomohawk as its check to Urshifu, a common strategy is to come in with Slowking on a mon that's weak to it, future sight on the T1 switch and Teleport after the damage as Slowking is very hard to OHKO. Regenerator means that Slowking will keep its survivability, whilst Urshifu comes in for free and deals tremendous damage, but if they switch into Tomohawk, it takes the future sight damage, getting rid of Urshifu's counter. As Urshifu checks a lot of Slowking's counters, such as Electric Types (:Zeraora::Rotom-Wash:) and Dark Types (:Hydreigon:) and Slowking counters a lot of Urshifu's counters (:Tomohawk::Toxapex:), its a very cohesive core.
:Tomohawk:
Tomohawk is the catch-all physical wall. My set doesn't run intimidate because I don't mind sacrificing EVs in speed and SpDef for a fast roost or Stealth Rocks. Prankster also helps if you decide to go Haze Tomohawk over Aura Sphere, as it can stop errant setup sweepers from messing you around. If you do forgo Aura Sphere, which is there primarily for Equilibra, make sure to run Aura Sphere on Equailibra as its last move. It ensures a secondary counter to Equilibra which takes a lot of pressure off of Slowking, and allows it to switch in on more risky plays. Air Slash is recommended if that will be your only attacking move for the consistent accuracy, as it will allow you to wear down your counters easier. Tomohawk is just a good mon which can come in on a variety of situations and is very customisable to how you want to play your team.
:Astrolotl:
Astrolotl does that Astrolotl thing where it just glues a team together. Spikes is SO good if you're going to be switching around a lot because your consistent regenerator healing is incredibly useful in outlasting your opponents. Lotl is an excellent check to :Volcarona: as well as a realy useful physical attacker, forcing a lot of its would-be counters out after they switch in on a fire lash and catch a specifically painful knock off. Knock off should be a move you use whenever a HDB user is in sight, as getting rid of boots is definitely the first step to success. Lotl's third move is really up to debate. I use heal bell to give longevity to the rest of the team, but if you don't find status an issue, wish is reliable for pivoting out, and Healing Wish can allow you to be more aggressive with Urshifu, knowing it can get recovered to full later.
Checks and Counters
:Zeraora: :Rotom-Heat: Electric Types :Rotom-Wash: :Cyclohm:
Strong Electric Types can be dealt with in different ways, Rotom-Heat can be dealt with by switching into Astrolotl, Rotom-Wash doesn't like Amoonguss, and Zeraora can be dealt with by a clever switch into Urshifu, but very quickly, thanks to Volt Switch, they can disrupt team momentum, and as they often carry boots, the only way to reliably take them out is by knocking their boots off or crippling them with status, which in itself exposes a friendly Pokemon to super-effective, sometimes lethal damage. However due to Regenerator, it's possible to gain back a healthy amount of HP very quickly, but the threat is still there.
:Volcarona: Fast Special Sweepers :Hydreigon:
Pokemon who can set up and deal tremendous damage are very scary for this team. For one, it does not have a way to reliably deal with a Volcorona in a safe way without Haze, and even then, it can run Psychic to ruin the two pokemon who handle it (Lotl and Tomo), and Hydreigon can be hazed by Tomo but still take a life-orbed Draco Meteor. Likewise, Alakazam with nasty plot can quickly get out of control now Equilibra with Bulletproof, so this team should make sure to watch out for that.
:Jumbao: Trace Jumbao :Jumbao:
Recommended by Orig Stall Guy (Thank you!!)
Jumbao has the ability to deal LOTS of damage to any one of the regenerator trio with not too much protest. As long as momentum is in Jumbao's favour, and Amoonguss isn't running Sludge Bomb, it can roll through any of the team, but good prediction can help coax out a giga drain or leaf storm on Astrolotl. However Jumbao gains survivability because of Trace Regenerator, which means it has all the perks of any of the regenerator trio whilst doing sizeable damage every time it switches in on easy switchins like Slowking, which can end up being a thorn in your side. As long as you continue to dismantle the team around it and lay spikes down to prevent regen, Jumbao can be managed, but you need to manage it from T1.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1184070787 - Long-ass game but a really good example of the power of the regen core (and some chokes which I still managed to pull into a win)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1184044072 - A quicker, funner game to watch
What do you guys think? This was a fun experiment to see if a Three-Piece Regen core worked, and I have to say I really enjoy playing with it, but its an absolute ass to play against. Any feedback is appreciated :)

EDIT - Almost forgot the replays
EDIT 2 - Added Trace Jumbao to Checks and Counters

Last edited:
Hey guys its been a hot minute hope you're all well!
:Amoonguss: :Urshifu: :Equilibra: :Slowking: :Tomohawk: :Astrolotl:
https://pokepast.es/2418afaa147a0380
I've had a lot of fun with this team made out of a regen core between Astrolotl, Amoonguss, and Slowking, so I thought I'd go into a showcase of it here :D. Overall, the team aims to consistently pressure the opponent with status, delayed moves and hazards to wear the opponent down whilst the team remains healthy thanks to regenerator and passive recovery through leftovers. Intermittently thanks to pivoting through Slowking, heavy hitters like Equilibra and Urshifu can come in, drop bombs and move away.
Omg This is literally my team I was going to but never posted. Nice.
I would add Trace :Jumbao: to checks/counters. With trace, it litteraly beats the team at its own game.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes it loses to Among, but Astro can't OHKO with Fire Lash, CS Jumbao 2HKO with moon blast.
So Scarf variants win a 1v1. Also, its just really annoying for that team to deal with.
Scarf loses harder to the team more than than every other Jumbao set, because he is forced to lock into moves which his whole team can scout thanks to Regen spam + Steel type. IDK what spread he runs on Astro, but in reality, a good SpD Astro wins the 1v1

252 SpA Jumbao Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 252 SpD Astrolotl: 156-184 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (156, 157, 160, 162, 163, 165, 166, 169, 171, 172, 174, 177, 178, 180, 181, 184)

Even if that isnt the case Amonguss's presence makes Bao much less of a threat.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 HP / 52 Atk / 68 Def / 148 SpA / 108 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Geomancy
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Endeavor

Bisharp (M) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 52 HP / 44 Atk / 100 Def / 68 SpA / 84 SpD / 100 Spe
- Throat Chop
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Vanilluxe (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Atk / 84 Def / 92 SpA / 84 SpD / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Avalanche
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry

Reshiram @ Firium Z
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 116 HP / 80 Atk / 36 Def / 68 SpA / 108 SpD / 100 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Breath

Zoroark (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 92 HP / 68 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpA / 132 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Night Daze
- Shadow Claw
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 108 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 36 SpA / 84 SpD / 132 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Power Gem

This will win

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 HP / 52 Atk / 68 Def / 148 SpA / 108 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Geomancy
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Endeavor

Bisharp (M) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 52 HP / 44 Atk / 100 Def / 68 SpA / 84 SpD / 100 Spe
- Throat Chop
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Vanilluxe (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Atk / 84 Def / 92 SpA / 84 SpD / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Avalanche
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry

Reshiram @ Firium Z
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 116 HP / 80 Atk / 36 Def / 68 SpA / 108 SpD / 100 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Breath

Zoroark (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 92 HP / 68 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpA / 132 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Night Daze
- Shadow Claw
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 108 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 36 SpA / 84 SpD / 132 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Power Gem

This will win
Hey it seems you didn't read the rules but this is the SS CAP Bazaar, in this place you put your CAP teams, and your team break those rules and if you want to learn more about CAP just let me know and I can help you and teach you about CAP :blobnom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)