Announcement SS CAP Suspect Test 1 - Voter Identification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only post in this thread if you meet the requirements to vote on Clefable. These requirements are the following:

All games have to be played on the Pokemon Showdown! CAP ladder on a new alt with the following format: "CTC (nickname)". I might register the alt CTC Jordy, for example. Your voting requisites will be confirmed by a Council member or CAP moderator, after which confirmation will be edited into your post. Please avoid playing more games before getting confirmed.

To qualify for voting, you must play a minimum of 30 games on your alt. You must have a minimum GXE of 79 on top of that.

You should post a screenshot that shows your alt has met these requirements, and please include proof that the alt belongs to you. Don't post any incomplete voting requirements or attempt to falsify said voting requirements. People who do this can expect a harsh punishment.

The deadline is June the 15th at 11:59PM GMT+1.

B9327E5A-434C-4067-8403-9346514CA6F0_4_5005_c.jpeg

Proof it's my alt:
8B885600-3CD4-4F5A-91B2-C11D11CF8DE8_4_5005_c.jpeg

My thoughts on clef:
Clef is way too over centralizing and it allows breakers and setup sweepers to come in for free whereas if clef was banned, players would need to think twice before sending their breakers and sweepers in. Also clef can run 2 sets and you need to prepare for both. If you don't prep in teambuilder for cm clef, you can lose very easily if you fight one. Clef also makes the meta very stale imo. The usage for clef is definitely over 50% in cap. With that being said, I would like to BAN clefable.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Screenshot_2020-06-02 Showdown .png

Posting Reqs; had a late run choke vs a SD Snael so couldn't quite get it in time.

As for what I think about clef? I used it most of my run, and honestly I think sets like SR Knock MB SB are super healthy for the meta providing a valuable check to the potent fighting and dragon types that would otherwise just annihilate cap. That said, Wish TP clef is just bad for the game, decreases how much fun it is to actually play, and overall reduces the quality of the tier so prolly voting ban.

I don't know why CTC but shoutouts the basedlord
Capture.PNG

I changed my mind. I love chip damages so fuck Clef. Ban
(No seriously it's just really annoying and centralizing and you just can't kill/cripple it and no skill is needed whatsoever to wishpass)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.07.30 AM.png

Took a few tries but after some luck and finding a team that worked for laddering it wasn't too bad. First time getting reqs for a suspect test as well which is exciting. I completely sympathize with anti-ban arguments for many many reasons but I feel that it's really difficult to defend how clef isn't overcentralizing or just generally unhealthy for the meta right now. Will be voting ban

CTC Reqs.png

Please ignore the fact that I haven't changed my smogon name yet, I'm lazy.

Gonna have to vote Do Not Ban. My reasoning was already voiced much more effectively by DJ Breloominati, the only other things I'd want to say would just be unproductive rants about the timing of this suspect (it ends less than a week before the DLC is released).

pls don't bully me for liking clef format

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1591912062104.png

My thoughts on Clefable have not changed, in fact, after a particularly nasty battle, they have indeed strengthened. Clef enables unskillful play because its ease at passing wish lets players to do reckless stunts with Pokemon (Keeping in a Libra versus Smoko, which I did) just because they know they can eat the hit and get Wished back up , essentially removing the risk of the classic Risk-Reward Element that keeps this Mongolian dog fighting game alive. Will be voting Ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)