Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition v.2 - Week 15: Diancie (Voting Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actuarily wins another week, becoming the user with the most wins so far, three! And now, its time to head onto week 12.

:ss/ribombee: :SS/araquanid:

Sticky Web is a particularly strong move in the meta right now. It gives a great advantage against most offense and hyper-offense builds, making it a really threatning strategy if you dont nave the answers to it. A lot of slower hard hitters benefit from this move, as they can now attack before most of the Pokemon in the meta. Ribombee has the ability to set both Tailwind and Sticky Web, as well as being immune to Fake Out thanks to Shield Dust. Araquanid, on the other hand, offers Wide Guard as support, while also providing a check to Heatran and Zygarde.

Deadline for the building phase is on 08/13 at 11:59 PM. EST

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

https://pokepast.es/1a50fe562ef5068b

Slurpuff @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 20 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Fake Tears
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Meteor Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Aura Sphere
- Clangorous Soul
- Protect

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 160 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Slurpuff >>>> araquanid and ribombee as an effective webs setter, although it only fits in very specific teams.

This is a team I used during my osdt run, trying some webs teams I noticed how difficult it could be to set webs with araquanid and looking at the webs setters slurpuff looked like the most reliable one. The main core of this team is fake tears slurpuff + psyspam, one of the issues slurpuff has is being kind of passive once it has setted webs so when you get an OHKO every turn with either lele or necrozma your opponent can't just ignore it.
Due to the offensive nature of the team, losing momentum is very bad so sash kartana is an almost guaranteed tailwind that can be used even when your opponent sets tailwind, tries to set up, etc... Using sash also helps to not lose the game because of a coinflip since you know the damage you're doing every turn.
At this point the main threats are heatran, rillaboom and dragapult; kommo-o and incineroar check all of them, while kommo-o acts as another wincon when the opponent's team is chipped and incineroar adds a defensive backbone and solid pivot to the team.

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.

I went into this wanting to use slurpuff. I have tried sticky web with ribombee before but found its fragility and overall usefulness to be disappointing. With puff and psychic terrain, you can almost always guarantee that webs go up. I gave puff enough speed to outspeed modest regieleki. I find that pure HO is what works best with webs. So from there I just added strong pokemon. I wanted to use regidrago because with webs it can function and it is cool to use. Outside of that though it does really well. Dragon type is pretty strong offensively and not many things appreciate getting hit by dragon type eruption. Life orb Zeraora is nice as it eases my fini matchup and heatran matchup. With webs I'm able to use adament urshifu. Since we're adament, we can run life orb and not miss out on the damage that choice band brings while being able to switch up moves. Lastly we add choice band Kyurem Black. While dragon dance is probably the superior set, since we have webs and limited team support in moves like fake out, choice band is the chosen item as it can reach the damage a dd brings. Kyurem runs enough speed to outspeed dragapult after webs.

Last edited:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:Ribombee: :Kyurem-Black: :Rillaboom: :Incineroar: :Tapu Fini: :Metagross:

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 112 SpA / 88 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 4 Def / 8 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 156 HP / 244 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 224 HP / 216 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Steel Roller
- Stomping Tantrum
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Bulky balance team full of Pokemon with middling Speed, used to get Urshifu-R reqs with a 29-1 win-loss ratio. The ideal is to set Webs ASAP and then outmuscle the opponent through overall attack + bulk, with Webs remeding the Speed of the team. Incineroar and Fini outspeed -1 Kartana, and Gross (also possible with Kyurem-Black), Gross outspeeds neutral nature Kyureum-B/Zygarde. It's ok to sack Bee just to get Webs up based on the opposing team, and with two Fake Out users, this is pretty easy, often with both Tailwind and Webs going up. Even if 5-6 down with Webs up, it's generally good since the rest of the five suppport each other well unless you position yourself poorly against a Trick Room or weather team. Features both a FWG and Dragon/Steel/Fairy core for defensive strategy, and double Terrain for additional healing for the relatively bulky team, status protection, and Steel Roller spam.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
OM NOM NOM, YUMMY ELO!!! Slurpuff takes a bite out of high ladder on this sticky webs psyspam team
:latias: :slurpuff: :tapu lele: :necrozma: :kyurem black: :heatran:
Importable: https://pokepast.es/145121abe3c33ea1

This isn't gonna be an overly long description, not much went into this team, this was kinda one of those things i made in 10 minutes while theorycrafting and ended up being fairly solid. Webs + Psyspam is very strong imo because psychic terrain blocks priority and webs let necrozma's speed which would normally be middling be actually respectable for once. Slurpuff is great on psyspam so i chose it for my webs of choice. I chose endeavor over dazzling gleam because lets face it, slurpuff isn't hitting anything for good damage that's actually relevant without major investment and i really want puff to be as bulky as possible here. fake tears because it goes really well with eforce and flamethrower because fuck kartana, all my homies HATE kartana. lele is just the standard LO set. you have psychic and moonblast for your stabs and taunt to stop tr. protect bc duh. necrozma is evd to outspeed base 110s after webs, and the rest is more or less standard. For this team i wanted to try banded kyube because the -1 from webs ad the +1 from band basically gives you a dragon dance upon switch in. bolt beam coverage, dragon tail to really fuck over trick room and iron head for diancie. latias was my tailwind setter of choice because it's good into kart urshi zygarde which this team would otherwise struggle with. it's a standard soul dew set. max hp, 36 special atk because it's the same as having 252 without soul dew when using stabs and then hp dump. imo soul dew > sitrus because it frees up more evs you can put into hp because it takes 224 special atk for ice beam to ohko with sitrus but only 36 for soul dew to ohko with draco. mystical fire can also side proc heatran which is a decent secondary wincon if psyspam doesn't work. heatran is literally the sample, nothing to see here. i'm sorry this description was so short, it's been a while since i've gotten a decent amount of sleep and i don't feel like writing an in depth description on this one. this is why you don't overwork yourselves kids. ok, i'm gonna wait for the suspect laddering period to start so i can knock out about 20 games before i collapse from exhaustion, gtg

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the delay, sometimes real life takes over xd. SMB wins this week, congratulations! And now, we're back with another type of weather.

:SS/torkoal: :SS/ninetales:

I've recently build with sun teams and realized that not only they are so much fun to build, but also have a lot of potential. Nido-Rus has used it in OSDT top 16 vs SMB with good success, and Spring Seasonal winner YoBuddy has used his version during his winning seasonal run. Venusaur and Charizard are common options on any Sun team, but Pokemon like Heatran can also be abusers of Drought, powering up Eruption to absurd levels. Builds with Torkoal may also opt to have a Trick Room, in order to help Torkoal move before its opponents and fire off Sun boosted Eruption itself.

Deadline for the building phase is on 08/20 at 11:59 PM. EST

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
So you would think i have a funny intro to this one huh?... on the CONTRARY, i've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of a lurantis joke, and i'm kinda sad now... anyway heres the team:
:lurantis: :diancie: :torkoal: :cinderace: :pheromosa: :tapu lele:
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7710f4131b0e9fef

Ok listen, i have a lilligant sunroom team, you would think i would post that one right? i mean, lilligant is my favorite grass type of all time, its my profile picture ffs, but nope, this one's funnier so i'm posting this one.

:lurantis: SCOPE LENS LURANTIS NEW META?!?!?! ok but seriously, i got this idea after crunchman mentioned scope lens lurantis once as a joke so i decided to make an actual team around it. scope lens lurantis is hilarious 50% of the time. leaf blade and superpower are nesessary, knock off because i couldnt think of a fourth move and then protect because duh.

:diancie: SUNROOM GO BRRRR!!!1!!!11diancie is pog. lurantis is pretty slow so i decided to use sunroom. pretty standard set, not much to say here

:torkoal: torkoal is the sun setter because.... yes. eruption because that's torkoal's only attack that actually does damage and then 3 other moves that your probably never gonna use because torkoal's special atk is GARBAGE! like, complete trash. 85 special atk is literally amoonguss levels of bad. solar beam oneshots shifu though so i mean its not completely useless

:cinderace: cinderace is trash but also fun and sun boosted pyro ball hits like... well, about as hard as a flaming soccer ball shot at you at hundreds of miles per hour would probably hit. pyro ball because, well, duh, gunk shot to obliterate every fairy in the game, hjk because dont you just love losing 50% of your hp because it just wasnt your day? and then u turn because pivot moves are broken. white herb because post kart ban incin + fini is gonna be everywhere

:pheromosa: speed swap pheromosa is a classic. the general gameplan is to use pherosma to speed swap with lurantis or diancie (sometimes torkoal but its not as good) when you dont wanna use trick room and then u turn out and save it to triple axel pult or zygarde or close combat incin or heatran. i kinda wanted to run special quiver dance pheromosa because its funny but i lost WAY too many games because i missed focus blast (i only lost, like, 3 but thats 3 too many)

:tapu lele: WHY DONT YOU GET FAKE TEARS!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!???!/?!/!/1/1/1//!!/ indeedee doesnt get it either sadly... like, if lele doesnt get it SURELY INDEEDEE SHOULD GET IT RIGHT?!?!? fuck this game. i dont even have anything to say about the set, its just the sample, its only here for prioblock anyway, just.... why?...

:Tapu Lele: :Ninetales: :Venusaur: :Victini: :Zygarde: :Mew:

https://pokepast.es/15580c41c1e81eec

Tapu Lele @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands
- Hypnosis
- Protect

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Superpower
- Toxic

Mew @ Power Herb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Earth Power
- Meteor Beam
- Tailwind

Sun Psyspam is a classic hyper offense combo designed to overwhelm your opponents. This particular team adds a wrinkle to it by focusing on using sleep to gain free turns to continue firing off attacks. We joke about fast spore, but wide lens chlorophyll Venusaur sleep powder alongside a Victini often feels like using a 500+ speed spore. We then use the combo of Tapu Lele and Power herb tailwind Mew to keep the pressure on the opponent, while also preventing them from faking out to buy turns while their teammates try to wake up. Lastly Zygarde is pretty much mandatory for sun teams in my opinion, as it solves all the biggest obstacles for sun (sand & other rock mons, opposing fire types, etc.)

:ninetales: :venusaur: :tsareena: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :heatran: :mew:

Ninetales @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Protect

Venusaur @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Earth Power
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 108 Def / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Feint

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Protect

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Sun HO team I used in OSDT. Pretty weak to dragapult since it outspeeds scarf tran and specs can kill mew, but the team can manage with enough offensive pressure. Made it to beat down standard offense and bulky offense builds, which it does pretty well. Venusaur is insanely good right now, most teams are very underprepared for sleep and it also offers a ton of offensive pressure with all of its coverage options. Scorching sands is an option on ninetales over overheat if the tran/incin matchup is annoying, but usually it ends up being manageable with all the earth power mons and urshifu.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1363634443-rcttes3fztqtkhtnfjypbwrpwib5ndepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-571464
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-571465

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)