Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition v.2 - Week 15: Diancie (Voting Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Fespy for winning, thats his second time! Onto week 9 we go

:SS/spectrier:

Ghost-types are a bit underrated in this meta. Immunity to Fake Out and a STAB with very few resistances make these Pokemon very threatning. Spectrier is a Pokemon that was very hyped up at the start of DLC2 and was indeed very good, but its usage died down when the meta developed. But with the fact that very few teams use Normal-types, and Spectrier outspeeds a lot of the metagame, it can be a fantastic optional if you're looking for a set-up sweeper. It has to watch out for things like Zeraora and Dragapult, but after a Nasty Plot boost it has the potential to snowball games very easily. Its also worth mentioning its access to Will-O-Wisp and Mud Shot, helping it to neutralize physical attackers and have coverage against Incineroar, another good Spectrier answer.

Deadline for the building phase is on the 07/23 at 11:59 PM. EST

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEECTRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR- anyway here's the team
:spectrier: :blastoise: :rillaboom: :kyurem-black: :heatran: :zygarde:
Importable: https://pokepast.es/fce82f0f58183592
I don't think this is my only spec + toise team but it's the first one i saw in my builder so i'm submitting it. spec and toise are pretty standard, spectrier is nasty plot, shadow ball for a near unresisted stab and dark pulse to hit normals, and blastoise has all the usual moves and roar for a tr matchup. rilla for double fake out and terrain so you don't immediately lose to psyspam, kyu b also appreciates the support from double fake out and follow me, heatran is just kinda here and zygarde beats incin and ttar which are the only mons in the entire tier that spectrier doesn't send to the shadow realm after breathing on them a little too hard. i also used specs spectrier for a while but i like nasty plot more, so you get this. this wasn't as detailed as my other submissions. there's no real reason for that, i'm just tired and didn't feel like writing an essay this time. this is also one of my older teams so i don't remember my thought process very well. this team isn't gonna change the entire meta and make spectrier shoot up in usage again, but tbh that's ok, i don't really try to make teams like that. also spec toise ain't that bad, it gets way too much hate. ok bye, i need a nap

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
:spectrier: :amoonguss: :tapu lele: :zygarde: :zeraora: :victini:
Spectrier @ Spell Tag
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 8 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 104 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Pollen Puff
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 16 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Zeraora @ Magnet
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 72 HP / 204 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Glaciate
- Scorching Sands
- U-turn
This is mostly just a fun team, but I wanted to build around WispHex Spectrier so the rest of the team is pretty much geared towards helping that set thrive. With the given investment, Spectrier can take even Adamant Scarf Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes, and the set is a bit slower-paced so Spell Tag fits better than Life Orb. Amoonguss is a better redirector than Blastoise here for its Spore support, but acting as a TR check is also pretty crucial. However, since I'm running Amoonguss over Blastoise, Rillaboom's Grassy Glide can't be redirected, so I needed to reset Rillaboom's terrain. Tapu Fini runs incredibly contrary to my goals and Electric Terrain setters are unviable, so Tapu Lele was an obvious choice. Sniping Dragapult is also quite helpful for Spectrier, and it appreciates Wisp support to cover its frailty on the physical side. SubDD Zygarde already has all the partners it needs, so I added that next. Heatran was really annoying otherwise, since Spectrier doesn't have Mud Shot for coverage. Zeraora is running kind of a cool set; fast Thunder Wave + Hex Spectrier is a pretty powerful one-two combo for obvious reasons, and Urshifu-R was looking a little scary so Magnet ensures the Plasma Fists KO there. For the last slot, I wanted something that could take out Grass-types, something that offered some speed control, and ideally something with a pivoting move to get Zygarde and Spectrier in at the right time. Originally, this slot was a Moltres, but the result was absolutely abysmal into Zygarde, so Victini at least offers a little bit of leeway with enough bulk to take CB Thousand Arrows and Glaciate support to deal a bit of damage and slow it down. AV Kyurem-B is probably just better, but I didn't really want something weak to Fighting that could be sniped down by Kartana and Victini is a fun mon. Plus, Blue Flare and Scorching Sands have decent burn chances to aid Spectrier and Zygarde.

:Spectrier: :Togekiss: :Urshifu: :Metagross: :Rillaboom: :Zygarde:

Spectrier @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulldoze
- Snarl

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 40 SpA / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Tailwind

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Zygarde @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Support Spectrier! With investment, Spectrier can actually become quite bulky, and with its great speed combined with moves like Will-o-Wisp and snarl it can support other Pokémon nicely. The team is built around Bulldoze Spectrier + Weakness Policy Metagross. Togekiss is there for tailwind & redirection support. Urshifu brings the immediate offense, and also pairs very nicely with Togekiss. Rillaboom is there for terrain and fake out support, and lastly zygarde is a second set up sweeper that also goes well with Metagross, as Metagross beats Kyu-B, while Zygarde beats the fire types Metagross hates. It’s a fun team, give it a try.

:spectrier: :genesect: :tyranitar: :tapu-lele: :zapdos: :amoonguss:

So spectrier+dark type was the initial idea for this as spectrier struggles vs pult and incin so i went for ttar which gave both of em a hard time switching in. Ttar also provided with sr to chip off av kyub killing which is near to impossible for spectrier. Amoonguss was added for redirection which is great with spectrier and amoonguss also improves the tr mu which was already p fine with roar ttar. the speed evs on ttar outspeed metagross/volcanion without speed investments. Genesect was added next as the zygarde mu seemed garbage for now and also the rillaboom mu wasnt great with just an amoonguss. Explosion genesect is an excellent partner causing great damage to the foe at +1 explosion like ohkoing moltres-g without hp investment and also ohkoing indeedee which totally blocks spectrier. Genesect also checks tyranitar which is pretty hard to kill for spectrier. Genesect also provides u turn which is always good lol. Alright zapdos was added next as i needed a tailwinder which was pretty bulky. I know psychic seed zapdos isnt the best mon rn but for this team is just works. I invested zapdos in defense rather than sp defense so that is comfortably lives a surging strike from urshi and koes back. Zapdos also improves the volcanion mu a lot. The speed evs let zapdos outspeed modest tran and scarf gene/gapdos under tailwind. As my gene lacks flamethrower so zapdos also improves the kart mu a lot. Lastly tlele was added as fake out immunity and terrain shifter with taunt to avoid redirection and also an amoonguss check. the team is a bit weak to p2(any team lacking a fighting type is) but i do have taunt and spore on the team to deal with it. Super power>roar on ttar was an option but roar is a great move.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Actuarily for winning this week's competition! Onto week 10 we go.

:ss/naganadel:

Naganadel is a unique Dragon-type Pokemon, in that its Poison-type is very helpful at dealing with fairies. Sludge Bomb is obviously great for Tapu-Fini and can also scare Rillaboom out, while Draco Meteor very easily picks up KO's on Zygarde, Urshifu and some Kyurem-Black sets. Flamethrower is usually the last slot choice, used to check Kartana, but considering Naganadel very high Speed stat, Tailwind is another good option, making it one of the fastest Tailwind setters in the metagame. Choiced sets are less common but still viable alternatives.

Deadline for the building phase is on 07/30 at 11:59. EST

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
so uhhhhh.... NAGA-

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/cb2c05448da2bc03

I've been experimenting a lot with naganadel behind the scenes so when i saw it got chosen i knew i had to post my naga team. this team uses a naga variant that i think is underrated: specs naganadel. naganadel is like specs dragapult but it hits harder and outspeeds everything after a few beast boosts. draco to hit zygarde andkill av kyu b on a roll, sludge bomb wrecks rillaboom, fini, tsareena, lele, and so on, tbolt hits shifu and fini again and flamethrower is there to snipe kartana. it used to be evd to get a special atk beast boost but i liked speed more so ye. rillaboom is here because, well, it's rillaboom. i don't think i've ever built a team without rillaboom on it. it's just the standard set, it's only here so we don't immediately lose to psyspam (i mean i have ttar but still, psyspam scary) ttar is another pokemon that i think is kinda underrated rn. AV + Sand boost makes ttar an insane special tank, even without investment. rock slide hits fire types like incineroar and volcanion as well as kyurem, lash out over crunch because the 5 power reduction is worth the secondary effect, dtail to force out things i dont want to deal with like dd zygarde and kyu b and flamethrower to snipe kartana. next there's blastoise. blastoise is probably the best fake out user imo. it has so much utility and fake out+ follow me is busted. scald because i wanted a water move and icy wind because this team has no other forms of speed control (unless you count speed boost naga). genesect is kinda just here for coverage. it's a pretty standard set, not much to say here. and finally, zygarde. genesect+ zygarde is a very powerful lead and rillaboom and blastoise allow it to have more than enough opportunities to set up. the set is standard other than twaves because i want to limit switching. i literally went though the entire dou list and even looked into duu mons this team might struggle with, and i didn't really find much. The biggest weaknesses to this team are trick room (and kinda tailwind but i didn't have much trouble with it in testing) and fake out because i only have 1 protect on this team, but both of those can be played around (dtail and double fake out for trick room and twaves to trap and kill fake out users) This is by far the best team i've made for one of these. It's really fun, give it a try, you might like it, idk. ok bye-

:naganadel: :tyranitar: :kyurem-black: :urshifu-rapid strike: :mew: :rillaboom:

Naganadel @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Lash Out
- Roar

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Fusion Bolt
- Icicle Spear

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Transform
- Coaching

Naganadel+ttar was the initial core as they complement each other pretty well. Naganadel ohkoes pokemon like urshifu, genesect, kartana, zygarde,tapu fini, tapu lele while deals great damage to rillaboom, tsareena. In turn ttar koes av kyub, deals psyspam for naganadel. Initially zygarde was added as the next mon but then i realised dd kyub would be a better fit that zyg. Dd kyub shares and excellent offensive synergy with naganadel. Naganadel deals kart, gene, urshifu, scarfed lele and pult for kyub while kyub deals ground types for naanadel and ofc eases the bad zygarde mu of the naganadel+ttar core if naga gets locked into other move. kyub also checks amoonguss which i thought was quite a trouble for naganadel. Urshifu was the next as ttar deals incin but some some mons with intim like scarfty even if its rare totally shuts the core and even diancie/p2 were quite a problem. lorb shifu was chosen for protect as most mons in the teams lack it. rillaboom was the next mon added due to fake out and as a terrain shifter as misty terrain dampens draco meteors power. rillaboom also provided with u turn which is much appreciated by kyub and added a nice priority. Superpower rilla improved the kartana mu further. Mew was added next too purely support kyub's setup and counter full tr teams. Till this moment the ttar was av but now I changed it to shuca+rocks to have a good move on mew which supported set up. I didn't think a second fake out was required so went for coaching instead as coaching also helped urshifu acquire hella power and ohko almost everything after +1. Transform is just so great in conjunction with dd kyub as it facilitates easy pressure on the opponent by transforming to kyub or smth the opponent started setting up and was causing a problem.

For example - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1385502555-1s5djrhho0snv66m542d65cwtl509mypw

In the end scarf naganadel is a cool mon that has its own niche which nothing would do better than it itself does. The team struggles a bit with metagross but things like flamethrower+cc/fusion bolt/lash out help even break through it. Modest on naga was necessary to pick koes on urshifu and scarf lele+modest also boosts spa which can come in handy for some situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)