Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition v.2 - Week 15: Diancie (Voting Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Soak, Yolk & Smoke

:ss/buzzwole: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/zeraora: :ss/kartana: :ss/heatran: :ss/zygarde:

https://pokepast.es/65ab2ecf9bb3010c

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Trick

Zeraora @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Coaching

Kartana @ Scope Lens
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Scale Shot
:buzzwole:
This mosquito on steroids is this week's challenge, so I have to use them. Max speed EVs and a Jolly nature are essential to outspeed and OHKO Heatran. Leech Life is a secondary STAB to hit Rillaboom and recover HP. Ice Punch turns Buzzwole into a bonafide Zygarde check. I went with a non-AV Protect set because once Buzzwole starts picking up KOs and getting Beast Boosts, it actually appreciates the ability to stall turns and position itself better (especially if you start dropping its bulk with Close Combat). I went with Rocky Helmet to flex on Urshifu, which is less swole than Buzzwole; Surging Strikes into this thing costs Urshifu 50% of its health, but also Buzzwole is just such a physical tank that it makes sense to use it to switch into and punish contact moves effectively.

:buzzwole::tapu fini:
I rarely use Fini rn because Urshifu-R exists, but stacking two fighting types with shit SpD stats is awkward and gets dunked by Psyspam so Tapu Fini goes here. I scarfed it so it can attack first vs all the targets it wants to hit, including Urshifu, Zygarde, Dragapult and Kyube. Since we're already scarfing this I figured may as well toss Soak on this and make this team a Soak spam team. Trick is a good 4th move on Scarf Fini to dunk on Trick Room setters and other BS.

:buzzwole::tapu fini::zeraora:
Fake out stuff. Go bzz vs soaked targets. Use Coaching to help get Buzzwole even more yolked.

:buzzwole::tapu fini::zeraora::kartana:
Fuck Urshifu, part 2. Also benefits from Coaching Zeraora. Also also just does generally helpful/broken Kart things.

:buzzwole::tapu fini::zeraora::kartana::heatran:
BBQ rillaboom. Smoke other stuff with Eruption. ezpz

:buzzwole::tapu fini::zeraora::kartana::heatran::zygarde:
This mon slaps. Especially when Zeraora also coaches this mon too. Ladder fullroom strats die to Eruption + Arrows/Waves so thats a bonus.

:buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch
- Protect

252/252/4 slider magic, but with the intent to tank physical hits while outspeeding and dropping Heatrans.

:tapu fini:
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Trick

252/252/4 slider magic

:zeraora:
Zeraora @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Coaching

252/252/4 slider magic

:kartana:
Kartana @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

252/252/4 slider magic

:heatran:
Heatran @ Charcoal
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Protect

252/252/4 slider magic

:zygarde:
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Scale Shot

After careful and tedious consideration, running various guess-and-check analyses to determine the optimal Choice Band Zygarde spread, it ostensibly became apparent that some finesse was required. Therefore, I painstakingly considered all aspects of this metagame and what I found was that I needed to facilitate engineer standards compliant collaboration and idea-sharing to arrive at the correct EV spread. What I came up with will competently revolutionize holistic strategic theme areas. I'm not even kidding; what was I doing before when I would professionally procrastinate strategic growth strategies. I'm a grown player now and will always dynamically evolve high-quality channels and appropriately strategize diverse initiatives with this EV spread. 252/252/4 slider magic will conveniently architect state the art scenarios, distinctively right-shore multifunctional value.

:ss/zapdos: :ss/buzzwole: :ss/kyurem-black: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/heatran: :ss/landorus-therian:

Zapdos's combo of traits was the first thing I thought of before even adding the BUZZ. Pivoting for a very bulky team and speed control at a pretty good speed tier are perfect, while being an offensive Urshifu check/extra Kart check to alleviate the BUZZ from being the sole bearer of the terrifying offensive core.

:swole:

As the mon to build with, I decided to go with Expert Belt for Buzzwole to power off picking correct targets without the drawbacks of Life Orb or being locked into attacks only. This allowed me to free up EVs from Atk, and place them in SpDef as Kart would, and enough speed to be faster than Zeraora in Tailwind. Being less defensive means it does not act as a very good Surging Strikes soak compared to other variants, but Zapdos and Rillaboom make up for this offensively.

Example calcs
180+ Atk Expert Belt Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde: 365-432 (102.2 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 180+ Atk Expert Belt Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 274-324 (105.7 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

180+ Atk Expert Belt Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 518-612 (114.3 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO vs 252+ Atk Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 452-534 (99.7 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Gives Rain check and bulky switch-in. Dragon Claw beats out other AV Kyurem and KO's Kingdra, while Iron Head is a Diancie lure to as it poses a real problem should it go unchecked, and doubles as a soft check to Tapu Lele if needed.

36 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 268-316 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

36 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 238-282 (84.6 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Standard set, very helpful in being offensive water check, Fake Out, pivot and Grassy Terrain for the overall bulky team.

Lefties + Grassy Terrain is power, and Heatran was an interesting mon to give it to. Rather than being the spam mon it usually is, this set capitalizes on being a more durable PsySpam check/Special soak for the team while taking advantage of potential free turns with Substitute in the event a switchout happens. Should Urshifu be voted out of the tier, this set becomes better, and the rest of the team can handle the other 2 of Zygarde/Kartana.

Scarf Landorus compresses Intimidate, Stealth Rocks for benchmarks, pivot, Electric immunity and a speed check that can beat Nihilego which is a glaring weakness. I wish this thing had one more point of speed to outpace Zeraora, but beating out Dragapult is enough I guess.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This one was close like the last one, and this time emma wins the week with a fairly standard but very cool team nontheless, congratulations! Moving on to week 3, we will be building with...

Tsareena! This pokemon has the very unique ability to block all priority attacking moves, this protecting all of its allies from those (unlike Psychic Terrain which only protects grounded Pokemon, Queenly Majesty protects every levitating Pokemon as well). It's also a very good Zygarde check, decent into Dragapult and very good against Water-Types such as Tapu Fini and Blastoise. It also has coverage for Steel-Types in High-Jump-Kick, can run Taunt to prevent Trick Room, and even U-Turn to help re-position your board. May the best win!

Deadline for the building phase is on 06/11/ at 11:59 PM. EST

As Tsareena’s biggest supporter it was hard to choose which team, so I went with a fun one. Soak Semi-room!

:SS/Incineroar: :SS/Dragalge: :SS/Tapu Fini:
:SS/Porygon2: :SS/Tapu Koko: :SS/Tsareena:

https://pokepast.es/e80ab38c809901ed

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 100 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Flare Blitz

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Trick

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 16 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature Power

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

I had always wanted to build with Dragalge because with choice specs + adaptability, it deletes stuff. The issue is it has one big setback: it’s a semi-room Pokémon, so it needs help against Amoonguss, but misty terrain ruins its dragon STAB. The only solution is to run Tapu Koko! And there’s no better way to run Koko than alongside soak fini. Those three actually form a great core with P2, as they beat the fighting types P2 hates, dragalge can switch in on toxics, and P2 can take advantage of both soak and Electric terrain. Next Incin is nice for FO + intim support as well as pivoting to get other mons into the proper position.

Lastly Tsareena is the glue that holds this team together. As you may notice, I’m running 0 protects, so I need a way to not just lose every time the opponent wants to click Fake Out. But Tsareena does more than just block priority moves, it’s also the team’s best switch in vs Zygarde, and it’s a third Pokémon that can take advantage of Soak! Having as many Pokémon to abuse soak is really important as fini will lock into the move, and there’s many situations where koko wants to volt switch into Tsareena. Tsareena is 36+ attack as that guarantees power whip OHKOs Urshifu-RS.

It’s a fun team, give it a try on the ladder!

Last edited:

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
:tsareena: :zygarde: :mew: :rillaboom: :weezing-galar: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
https://pokepast.es/470c9e9214741ec6

Basically I just wanted to make a big tsareena with coaching and tailwind mew. Tsar wants life orb because it doesnt ohko urshifu without boosts otherwise and is also a really sad pokemon because it doesn't outspeed heatran so I added another win condition that can abuse it (zygarde) and a lure with hhp rillaboom, which also helps a lot with grassy terrain and additional fake out support. I also wanted to be able to use protect like any normal setup pokemon and zygarde appreciates tspikes support so weezing felt a nice fit because urshifu is super dumb, spread outspeeds kartana in tailwind and kills urshifu from full. Last mon is a revenge killer for more speed control so I just added urshifu because my IQ is lower than 10 and I also don't get urshifu diff'd. Enjoy!

Bonus replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1356073473-pfvly1xye8qgo3xzl0e6l4405ajershpw

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
(reposting this from Team Bazaar because Toxigen wanted more submissions)
:ribombee: :heatran: :tsareena: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :zeraora: :moltres-galar:
Ribombee @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff

Heatran (M) @ Charcoal
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- Taunt
- U-turn

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Protect

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 240 HP / 148 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility
- Protect
I've been lurking a bit recently and all the discussion around the strength of offense made me wonder about webs, so I built this to see how it'd go. Ribombee is the best (read: the only usable) choice for webs setting right now, since it actually has alright matchups against some top threats. The spread listed ensures that it'll take Scarf Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes unless every hit high rolls, and using Pixie Plate means that it doesn't have to invest in SpA to OHKO with Moonblast. With this investment, Ribombee isn't exactly *bulky*, but it's slightly sturdier than wet paper and resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Ground are all quite helpful with Kart/Zygarde running amok. It also has two alright abilities; Shield Dust prevents Fake Out from getting its flinch, and my choice of Sweet Veil protects everything from sleep, which definitely caught a couple Amoonguss users off guard.

Pairing it with Modest Eruptran was the thought that actually got me building, since fast TW/Pollen Puff and webs are all great support for Heatran, not to mention Ribombee taking out Urshifu-R and chipping Zygarde into Eruption range. The next slot was dedicated to priority blocking, which meant originally that it was a Tapu Lele, but keeping terrain control is somewhat unreliable and Tsareena has the benefit of blocking Fake Out / Grassy Glide for Moltres-G, which is most effective below 50% health with either Agility or TW up; if any Pokemon need priority moves blocked, it's one that's fast, set up, and low on health. Normally, I'd use an AV set with HJK for coverage to hit Heatran/Kart, but the TR matchup was utterly unplayable without Taunt, so switching to a Sitrus + Taunt set improved that matchup to barely winnable.

Urshifu-R was added next because I wanted to try it out, since I haven't used it before this team. With Webs + TW, CB seemed like a stronger option, and in theory, using Ice Punch instead of Aqua Jet is crucial for supporting Heatran by taking out Zygarde (in practice, I don't think I hit a single Zygarde with Ice Punch). Zeraora started out as a Fake Out pivot but turned into a LO CC user for damage on Kyu-B / opposing Heatran. Moltres-G was sort of a last-ditch attempt to make the Psyspam matchup better, but Necrozma is still a huge threat. So, I gave it enough HP to take a Timid Necrozma +1 Meteor Beam (and a 50% roll for taking the hit from Modest, which is apparently quite common based on the number of times Moltres-G just died).

The team definitely has quite a few holes; very few instances of Protect makes it quite difficult to pivot or come back from deficits. Additionally, the defensive strategy is pretty much just to KO things before they can KO you. However, it's a lot of fun to use and even someone as washed up as me was able to win some games with it.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been using this team (and variants with Urshifu > Zapdos-Galar) quite a bit. It has gone 2-0 for me in seasonals so far and was also what I used to get reqs in the Urshifu-R suspect test with a 29-2 record.

:ss/tsareena: :choice-band: :ss/rillaboom: :assault-vest: :ss/politoed: :blunder-policy: :ss/kingdra: :life-orb: :ss/registeel: :leftovers: :ss/zapdos-galar: :choice-scarf:
https://pokepast.es/c6035e168ca24068
Tsareena (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- High Jump Kick

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Politoed @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Protect

⠠⠗⠠⠑⠠⠛⠠⠊ ⠠⠗⠠⠑⠠⠛⠠⠊ (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Protect

Birdshifu (Zapdos-Galar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
Rain Offense teams are generally fairly straightforward so most of the sets here don't require much explanation.

Tsareena provides fantastic support for Rain by blocking Fake Out and letting the faster attackers maintain momentum. Rain in turn supports Tsareena by threatening opposing Fire-types and cancelling out Tsareena's Fire weakness. The addition of Rillaboom forms a strong double-Grass core that grants Tsareena access to stronger Grass STABS and a priority move in terrain-boosted Grassy Glide. Any bulky Steel-type can do well on rain offense to form a nice defensive backbone, but I've really been enjoying Registeel since it can easily turn around a losing game if you play it correctly as a defensive wincon. Finally, the 6th slot goes (Zapdos-Galar for the purposes of this contest, but I've also used Urshifu) is a Choice Scarfed revenge attacker that can still be fast without rain or Grassy Terrain. It is especially helpful for pressuring +1 Kyurem, but can also revenge attack a +1 Zygarde in the right situation.

PokemonSet NotesEV Notes
:ss/tsareena:
  • Choice Band for maximum power
  • Grassy Glide provides a strong priority option in Grassy Terrain
  • Power Whip provides a nuke option in Grassy Terrain, or simply a stronger STAB outside of terrain
  • Triple Axel makes Tsareena a hard counter to Zygarde, and also hits opposing Grass-types
  • High Jump Kick rounds out Tsareena's coverage to hit hard against Incineroar, Kartana and (in a pinch) Kyube, among other threats
  • 252/252/4 slider magic
:ss/rillaboom:
  • Mostly standard Rillaboom
  • I opted to run max speed for fast Superpowers on Heatran
  • Knock Off is important to hit Dragapult, which can be annoying for this team if Kingdra goes down
  • 252/252/4 slider magic
:ss/politoed:
  • Hypnosis gives Politoed more offensive potential versus targets that can usually ignore it. 60% accuracy isn't exactly reliable, but honestly Politoed runs into enough "do nothing" turns anyways that Hypnosis gives it something worthwhile to do
  • Blunder Policy takes :nomel-berry: and makes :lemonade:; if you miss your first Hypnosis, you get to try again on the second turn at +2 speed which takes at least a bit of the RNG out of the move. You can also make use of the +2 speed to just attack first vs targets, which can be situationally useful
  • This slot should probably just be a :Pelipper:
  • 252/252/4 slider magic
:ss/kingdra:
  • Standard LO Kingdra set
  • 252/252/4 slider magic
:ss/registeel:
  • REGI REGI REGI bkwqoiijoei9segjwhjowjwjogwoeg!!!
  • Registeel functions as an amazing mid- to late-game defensive wincon that attempts to boost its Defense and Special Defense until it can easily spam strong Body Presses while taking negligible damage back in return
  • Iron Defense is generally what you should prioritize first since it also powers up Body Press. However, Amnesia can sometimes be a bigger priority when facing strong special attackers like Eruption Heatran.
  • Because Body Press cannot hit Ghost-types, you need to be wary of opposing Dragapults and make sure you have a strategy to KO them before the endgame
  • Registeel relies on passive recovery in Leftovers and Grassy Terrain to stall out opposing threats. As such, make it a priority to preserve your Rillaboom and avoid being hit by opposing Knock Off attacks
  • Max HP for overall optimal bulk
  • The SpD investment ensures Life Orb Kyurem-B's Earth Power is always a 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.
  • Remaining EVs are dumped into Defense and augmented with a Bold Nature to make Body Press hit as hard as possible
  • 252/192/64 slider magic
:ss/zapdos-galar:
  • Click funny move and bop something
  • F*ck u Landorus-T
  • If you can somehow predict a switch into an opposing Incineroar Parting Shot, that will boost you to +4 attack lol
  • Landorus-T to UR when?
  • This should really just be a :urshifu-rapid-strike:
  • 252/252/4 slider magic

DRAGON ENERGY (technically I posted this in NP thread already but I hope this gives you a better idea behind the team!)

:ss/regidrago: :ss/tsareena: :ss/kartana: :ss/zapdos: :ss/heatran: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:

Regidrago @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hyper Beam

Kartana @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Triple Axel

Heatran @ Charcoal
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Protect

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

I don't think I've actually told anyone how I got started on Drago specifically. When my good friend and handsome vgc player maovgc was picking up DOU a short while back he mentioned to me how he wanted to use Regidrago and my instincts immediately told me to shut it down, but I found myself grasping for straws for an actual explanation as to why. I thought it over and built this in a matter of hours, the idea being to pair with Pokemon that can set it up and clear the board for it to secure wins when it lands. Scarf Urshifu is really good on this comp because you outpace lead Kartana which happens a lot into this team because people think if they can match your Tailwind they'll be fine.

Tsareena's importance to this team is really not to be understated, I'd go as far to say that this team absolutely cannot work without its presence. The team lives and dies by the 4 turns of Tailwind its given, so being able to reliable ensure that, as well as your two choiced attackers, can go off uninterrupted is crucial. This comes at the cost of no Rillaboom, which would make you safer into anything with a Fini or Diancie as well as have the ability to run Grassy Glide Tsareena, but I don't think giving up the second Tailwind is worth it.

The other three mons, Zapdos Kartana and Heatran, are all pretty standard builds so I don't feel like there's a whole lot to say. When explaining how to use this team to people I normally just say win games off Tailwind + Spread 1 followed by Tailwind + Spread 2, use Urshifu to trade positively and Tsareena to keep attacking, though it naturally checking things like Zygarde isn't a bad thing for sure.

Last edited:

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Webs again, this time with a blacephalon slurpuff suicide lead.
:blacephalon: :slurpuff: :heatran: :zygarde: :tsareena: :zapdos:

Blace snipes urshifu and pressures kartana, pult, and a variety of other common pokemon; scarf is to outspeed kart, zera, and pult. Blace has taunt for all sorts of random things and the team is really weak to trick room; its a pretty band-aid fix.
Puff sets up webs; min invested bulk to try and make sash proc as often as possible for a speed boost, protect for fake out (blace takes care of urshifu so thats not a problem either). Endeavor helps punish opponents who try to setup and/or make passive play in general.
Heatran and Zygarde don't really require explanation, they just hit hard and benefit from webs speed control. This one is running Scale Shot for zygarde mirrors - credit to emma for introducing me to this as a move.
Tsareena helps make sure the offense goes along smoothly; banded tsareena hits really hard and provides some good coverage for the rest of the team.
Zapdos helps provide tailwind and some coverage. The EVs can probably be optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)