Project SS Monotype Community-Create-A-Team

Alright, the second CCAT-built team is here! (a day later but ok I guess, my bad - I was kinda busy this weekend ;w;)

:haxorus::duraludon::kyurem-black::dragapult::hydreigon::noivern:

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Close Combat

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Grudge

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Noivern @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Draco Meteor

Given Haxorus Dragon was the winning submission, the main goal was to build a team that could take the utmost advantage of its perks - a powerful 90 BP priority move in First Impression to revenge kill threatening setup sweepers and overall amazing wallbreaking power. We firstly decided to choose one of the slashed moves in the fourth slot, and Close Combat was chosen by the majority of contributors to further threaten Normal and Dark teams.

Next up, the community decided we wanted a Stealth Rock setter. The entry hazard is really useful for offensive teams, and it further synergizes with Haxorus by putting frailer, faster threats like Scarf Gardevoir into First Impression's KO range. Two options of Stealth Rock users are available to Dragon teams, those being Kommo-o and Duraludon. Since the fourth slot on Haxorus was Close Combat, Kommo-o was less necessary; therefore, Duraludon was the preffered option for the second slot as a setter that can threaten a different range of types, mainly Fairy. We decided to use a defensive set with Body Press, Flash Cannon and Thunder Wave instead of the usual Scarf or Screens, as voted by the contributors.

Due to its astonishing impact on the current metagame, adding Kyurem-Black on the third slot was a consensual move among all teambuilders present. Being able to pull fair amounts of work in various matchups, the flagship DD + Substitute set was chosen. Item choice was between Leftovers and Heavy-Duty Boots; the former had more votes, so we decided to stick with it, having the mentality we needed a hazard remover later on.

The team was looking rather slow at this point; our fastest Pokemon was Haxorus. Therefore, Scarf Dragapult was a shoe-in for the fourth slot as a capable revenge killer that could enhance our matchups versus offensive teams. Draco Meteor, Shadow Ball and Fire Blast were no-brainers; however, the majority of voters decided to go with Grudge on the last slot to further support a Kyurem-Black sweep by disabling opposing threats' moves entirely.

A couple of options were brought for the last two slots of the team - Scarf Dracovish, Hydreigon, Offensive Kommo-o and Noivern were some of the suggestions. The chat fancied Hydreigon more on the fifth slot because its special wallbreaking prowess versus Psychic, Ghost and Steel teams complemented Haxorus's targets and formed, thus, a wallbreaking core for the team. Both STABs and Flamethrower were approved by everyone; last slot was a toss-up between Earth Power and Flash Cannon, on which the latter received more votes due to its ability to kill Hatterene and Mimikyu.

To tie the team off, Noivern was the choice for the contributors to give the team a much-needed form of hazard removal in Defog. U-turn and Taunt were chosen as support moves, while Draco Meteor was voted over Hurricane as its attacking move. The chat voted on Roseli Berry as the item for Noivern, allowing it to blow off entry hazards better against Fairy teams.

Big thanks to Bitana, Keahi, Decem, Jolly Togekiss ^-^, Day Healer, Tico 21, StarBlim and everyone else present at the session!

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1115997839 (Bondie, vs Fighting)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1116001496 (Bondie, vs Steel)

CCAT Week 2 is officially finished! Submission Phase for Week 3 is now open; we'll be looking for SS Monotype cores! Deadline is Wednesday May 20th, at 10 PM EDT.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Assault Vest Incineroar (Dark)
FurryLover3000 (Incineroar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
Heya! Right now the its pretty obvious Kyurem is an unstoppable/humongous force for some types such Water, Poison, and Ground but I feel like this set can help Dark have a chance against Kyurem. Incineroar's Flamethrower is useful so you won't take unneeded damage from Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs and Recoil from Flare Blitz. Flamethrower is also for Avalugg so you won't be completely walled. Brick Break breaks Screens/Veil and Kyurem-Black's sub and also does a good bit of chip every time it is used. U-Turn gives Incineroar a slow pivot into another Pokemon and hits Appletun effectively.
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Incineroar: 112-132 (28.4 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Incineroar Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-Black: 122-144 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
88 SpA Incineroar Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 330-390 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
88 SpA Incineroar Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 316-376 (89.7 - 106.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Possible nicknames for your fellow Incineroar: "Bulletproof Werewolf, FurryLover3000, Maki's Fox...and so on" hehe

Alright bet let's get it

:whimsicott:
Sub-Seed Whimsicott

50% Polyester (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Moonblast

This is a Sub-Seed Whimsicott set that I think is the glue of my balance grass team. However, I want to see what you guys can come up with using this without necessarily being locked in to the Ferrothorn-Appletun core. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory: Sub-Seed is a well known strategy. What makes it more unique is Whimsicott's acess to Prankster Sub-Seed with Encore, which shuts down opposing set up mons and allows Whimsicott to set up its own Substitute or Leech Seed. Moonblast is a great stab move and means it isn't completely passive. The speed investment outspeeds base 110s like Gengar and the health investment (I think I did the math right) allows for an extra Substitute to stall out something like a Darm-G using Icicle Crash or whatever.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Something fun, shall we?

:polteageist:
Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Strength Sap

Ghost as a type has been something that I'd like to think people have been sleeping on too much as of late. In actuality, Ghost is probably one of the most threatening offensive types in the metagame, between Aegi/Pult/Mimi/Gar, and Polteageist of all things. Polteageist in general is just incredibly underrated; the set in itself is relatively standard, but with Strength Sap as another/better means to outplay Sucker Punch while regaining health which is incredibly important for any sweeper; heck this set in general helped me on my run to get reqs for this Kyurem-B suspect test, and it did magnificently. Figured it'd be worthwhile to revisit Ghost with this relatively standard-ish set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)