Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
:incineroar:+ :Hydreigon: :Tyranitar:
We started out with AV incineroar. We decided to add scarf Hydreigon to help with the dragon matchup. Hydreigon is dark’s only strong special attacker, so we thought it was a good first inclusion. We also knew that we wanted a Stealth Rock setter. Tyranitar could set up Stealth Rocks or sweep with Dragon Dance. This role compression gave us more freedom for the rest of our team.
:incineroar: :Hydreigon: :tyranitar:+ :Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz is almost an auto-include on dark. We gave it a fairly standard set with u-turn to keep up momentum. Brave Bird was added as an option later to help deal with Kommo-o and Keldeo.
:incineroar: :Hydreigon: :tyranitar: :mandibuzz:+ :grimmsnarl:
We decided to have some fun and add a unique Grimmsnarl set. Sub + nasty plot can set up on pex and beat water. Draining kiss gave Grimmisnarl recovery and a way to kill keldeo/dark types. Substitute also allowed Grimmsnarl to set up on utility Pokémon.
:incineroar: :Hydreigon: :tyranitar: :Mandibuzz: :Grimmsnarl: +:Drapion: / :Bisharp:
Our last Pokémon was highly debated, but we ended up running Bisharp. Originally we had scarf drapion in this slot. We needed a Pokémon capable of dealing with bulky fairy types. Drapion added utility, but didn’t give us the wallbreaking power that we wanted. Bisharp’s steel typing also helped add some resistances to the team. After adding Bisharp, we realized that Incineroar would be better as a pivot/utility Pokémon, and so we voted to change the set.

Thanks to Floss Roxiee Mateeus GuzzlesOwO Bounser Tico 21 Fylkir Pudin and all the people who helped us test!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1120169950 vs Dragon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1120169901 vs Water (showing off the Grimmsnarl set)

CCAT Week 3 is officially finished!

Last edited:
Week 4 submissions are now open! We will be accepting submissions of any gen (just make sure to specify the generation in your post) and any type. This week also brings some changes to our timings - CCATs will now be hosted at midnight GMT on Saturdays, and the submissions phase will last a day longer whilst the voting phase will be a day shorter. Submit your ideas below!

Week 4 submissions are now open! We will be accepting submissions of any gen (just make sure to specify the generation in your post) and any type. This week also brings some changes to our timings - CCATs will now be hosted at midnight GMT on Saturdays, and the submissions phase will last a day longer whilst the voting phase will be a day shorter. Submit your ideas below!
Do both Pokémon need to come from the same gen?

Do both Pokémon need to come from the same gen?
What I mean is to suggest a core for a team to be built of a certain gen, e.g. Zapdos / Celesteela on a gen 7 Flying-team (although this would be a very generic core it's just an example). They're not from the same generation but available in & used in the same one.

Pokemon 4774 Minior Meteor Pokedex: Evolution, Moves, Location, Stats
Pokemon GO Golem (Alola, #76)

Gonna drop an offensive rock core for USUM Monotype because all the essential pokemon for rock like cradily and Diancie are back, so I decided to post this core.
here are the movesets: https://pokepast.es/21256317c6c28be3

The first pokemon that I thought of when thinking up the core was Minior. Minior is a great shell smash sweeper for rock that can get up a shell smash and start sweeping teams. He isn't really a common pokemon in the usum meta, but I do believe that when built around, Minior can completely broom unprepared teams. The biggest problem with many setup sweepers such as minior are the removal of threats, like priority users in Azumarill, scarfers like weavile, and defensive pokemon in general, for example bronzong and Ferrothorn. However, one of the best Pokemon for threat removal are trappers, and rock has access to an amazing steel trapper in Golem Alola. I chose the banded Golem set, as it gives it sheer power that even the most defensive pokemon fail to wall. Wild Charge and Stone edge are its primary stab moves, and Earthquake and Fire Punch are there for Golem to kill the steel pokemon it is supposed to check. Its electric typing provides this core with an ok switch in to steel attacks, boasting a base 130 defense stat. Golem Alola's ability to remove checks was what made me select it as Minior's partner, and im pretty sure even if i just chose Minior, Golem would end up being on the team anyways. While Golem acts as a steel neutrality for rock, minior on the other hand takes neutral damage from grass,fighting, and is immune to ground moves that hit golem super effectively. With Golem being able to remove counters to minior, Minior is then allowed to set up a shell smash and start sweeping. I gave it Acrobatics and Power Gem for stab(I made Minior a mixed sweeper because I don't like the fact that the other physical moves miss) and eq for coverage.

There are a few problems with this core, as the water weakness is a glaring issue, but its gen 7 and cradily is allowed anyways. Another issue is the problem that some pokemon are still able to deal with both golem and minior, such as raichu being able to outspeed and KO both in electric terrain. however, rock as a type in gen 7 has a bit more tools to utilize, and if this core is chosen, Im excited to see what else the community decides to use to bolster this core.

Edit: I was looking through my post, and realized that my grammar was garbage, but it's like 10:00 PM so it's whatever(Sorry)

:ss/jirachi: :ss/cobalion:

Jirachi is one of my favorite mythicals to use in competitive Pokémon due to its role compression nature because of how versatile it can actually be with its many sets. In generation 8, it was given some new tools such as Encore and Stored Power that are probably worth exploring. Which is ultimately the inspiration behind the offensive core I’m about to propose:

https://pokepast.es/fddc0921af830b1a

Jirachi could sport its CM + Iron Defense combination realatively well in tandem with Wish support and can act as a fearsome late-game set-up sweeper thanks to Stored Power with correct positioning once the dark type(s) have been eliminated or the other potential threats have been chipped from the opposing field.

As Jirachi acts as a special sweeper and has the weakness in breaking dark types, I chose to pair it up with Cobalion who has access to the ability called Justified, meaning Cobalion should freely come in on most opposing dark types, threatens them out with boosted CC, and can freely pivot out with volt switches to gain momentum. Scarf Cobalion is mainly for the fire match-up where steel typically struggles against to hit foes likes like Charizard, Darminatan, and as well as Scarf G-Darminatan on Ice.

In terms of EVs, currently Jirachi creeps max-speed base 80 Pokémon such as Mamoswine & Togekiss which seemed like a good settling point on paper, as I’ve not tested the core out at all, the EV’s most likely could be optimized better during the testing phase.

Expectedly, this core struggles against ground and fire types teams &/or Pokémon, so I’m interested to see what the community comes up with to better support the core in case it gets chosen. Thank you for reading, and special thanks to DugZa for helping me out with all this! (:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Support Ribombee + Wallbreaker Primarina
(no its not rain dance primarina)
Ribombee (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Skill Swap / U-Turn / Bug Buzz

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Hydro Pump / Scald / Surf
Right now, two of Fairy's toughest matchups are Ground and Fire because of the lack of Diancie, which provided rocks and Rock-Stab. Primarina is nowhere near S-ranked on Fairy but I feel like it plays a wonderful role in terms of coverage for Fire, Ground, Rock, Water, and Poison. Hydro Pump makes use of Choice Specs better and so does Torrent. Hyper Voice is a bit suboptimal but running Choice Specs, Torrent, and Hydro Pump does a lot to Specially Defensive Corviknight and has a possibly KO when its health is low enough for torrent. Hatterne may come to mind in terms of having access to Giga Drain or Gardevoir with Energy Ball + Focus Blast, but Gardevoir does not help a load with Fire and you have to pick between FB(with a miss chance) and Energy Ball. Specially Defensive Hippowdown also walls the LO Trick Room Hatterne set. Long story short, the Fire and Ground matchups are hard for Fairy, and Primarina is a great option in wall-breaking capabilities and diversity of moves.

The downside of Primarina is because of its Speed, pairing Primarina with the best Sticky Web user on Fairy, Ribombee helps Primarina outspeed various threats! Stun Spore on Ribombee cripples Scarf users like Jirachi and Excadrill-Mold Breaker ignores but its a 60/40 chance of landing I suppose (Stun Spore accuracy + Iron Head flinch possibility). Its a few slashes on the last move which is debatable, U-Turn simply provides pivot and keeps Ribombee alive to get Sticky Web off later in the game, Bug Buzz simply provides Bug-type STAB, and Skill Swap allows you to swap Magic Bounce Pokemon's ability to guarantee you get webs up!
Togekiss, Mimikyu, Grimmsnarl
Thanks for reading !!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)