Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Taunt / Toxic

As I was struggling to find something to handle Grass types and help against Dark spam, while not crumbling to Shadow Ball AND providing either SR/Defog (yeah that's a lot but the team has holes) I remembered Bulletproof Kommo-O.
Strong matchup against heatran, zeraora and many steel types; actual resistance to surging strikes; immunity to specs pult's shadowball; access to one of rocks/defog to take pressure off lando; strong matchup against grass and darkspam: these traits are unique to kommo-o and this team appreciates them all.

rocks to make lando only have to run defog, press as the main damaging move, flamethrower to reliably ohko kart, taunt is filler but its useful to prevent slowking's teleport and clefable doing anything dangerous.
72 evs should outspeed any version of spdef tran, rest is phys def to better take on what it's supposed to.

lefties for longevity, helmet to punish physical attackers (esp surging strikes). if you run helmet, rest>taunt is viable. you choose.

this makes playing around specs kyurem rly dangerous, but makes it easier to deny shadowball spam. slowking can theoretically pivot into pult to scout, either living two dracos or pivoting out to kommo-o to blank shadowball. spdef slowking takes up to 60% from shadowball, it's hefty but it's what we have to work with here.

EDIT: added toxic as an alternative to taunt because kommo-o can spread poison to mons that Melmetal has no reason to paralyze, like the aforementioned Clefable and Slowking, making it easier to click hex with Dragapult. Pretty much every steel type will flee from kommo-o anyway. Only issue is that you become completely fodder to Toxapex, but you have ways to pressure it anyway.

Last edited:
:ferrothorn: @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is able to lay down spikes and knock the opponent to soften the team up for the many breakers in this team in specs pult, banded urshifu, and pads melmetal. Ferrothorn synergizes well with slowking as slowking takes fire attacks targetted at it from heatran, victini, and fighting attacks from urshifu-r, rillaboom, and torn-t. The team provides ferrothorn with pivoting moves so it has more oppurtunities to set spikes, and takes advantage of the spikes that are set. SpD Ferro is able to take shadow ball/hex from dragapult, stabs from tapu lele, and tapu koko, and other special attackers more comfortably. It also forces mind games on urshifu-r and punishes and makes it think about clicking surging stikres as it takes away a ton of its hp from just doing so.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hello there :blobwizard: , sorry about the delay!! But here we are, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Really cool submissions!!
Time to vote,

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 partner options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all partners, the last partner(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, ask me.

A. :Corviknight: by Dr Ya Yeet
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

B. :bisharp: by VTaxi
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

C. :Kommo-o: by SLDR
Kommo-o @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Taunt / Toxic

D. :ferrothorn: by HydreigonTheChild
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Voting will end in 48 hours!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hey there :afrostar:
voting period is over, lets count the votes!!

A > C = D
C>D>B
A > D > B
A=D>C>B
A>C>D>B
A>D=C>B
D = A > C = B

The Winner is Option A, :corviknight: by Dr Ya Yeet Congratulations! :blobwizard:

Now that the team is complete YOU guys can make edits to this and we will vote on which of these edits suit the current metagame the best!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/0abd67db7458aeba of the current version.

Feel free to improve that version, and let's get it rolling guys and most notably have fun! Good luck! :blobthumbsup:
(Dont make too many major changes, like not more than two Pokemon!)​

https://pokepast.es/1780134dd05ac863

:slowking:: changed the evs for Slowking for Nidoking whenever boots get knocked as well as better rolls against Moonblast from Tapu Lele, while still having some physdef for Urshifu-R.

:landorus-therian:: changed the evs giving it some speed for speedy Skarmory , while the Special Defense helps stomach +1 Flamethrower from offensive Volcarona after rocks. Knock Off instead of Toxic here since you are able to lure in and remove items from the same targets that Urshifu-R would be dealing like Corviknight and Tangrowth.

:corviknight:: made it Impish nature instead of relaxed because being slower than opposing Melmetal sucks, evs to help take Psychic from Specs Tapu Lele after rocks and avoids 2HKO from Shadow Ball from Dragapult. Body Press is nice to hit Kartana, Weavile, Bisharp, and Melmetal here which the team struggles with.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/1780134dd05ac863

:slowking:: changed the evs for Slowking for Nidoking whenever boots get knocked as well as better rolls against Moonblast from Tapu Lele, while still having some physdef for Urshifu-R.

:landorus-therian:: changed the evs giving it some speed for speedy Skarmory suck, while the Special Defense helps stomach +1 Flamethrower from offensive Volcarona after rocks. Knock Off instead of Toxic here since you are able to lure in and remove items from the same targets that Urshifu-R would be dealing like Corviknight and Tangrowth.

:corviknight:: made it Impish nature instead of relaxed because being slower than opposing Melmetal, evs to help take Psychic from Specs Tapu Lele after rocks and avoids 2HKO from Shadow Ball from Dragapult. Body Press is nice to hit Kartana, Weavile, Bisharp, and Melmetal here which the team struggles with.
I feel like I only need to add Toxic>U-turn on Landorus-T. The team already has 4 pivots, it's not strictly necessary to have a fifth. Toxic not only pressures Grounds for Melmetal, but adds value to Dragapult having Hex. Landorus-T can use it on Clefable - even if it takes 0 damage - or even Slowking in a pinch, making Hex a worthwhile move to click altogether.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello, due to the lack of submissions Tysonslayer wins this round on a technicality!! Congratulations!!
:melmetal::slowking::dragapult::urshifu-rapid-strike::landorus-therian::corviknight:
Melmetal @ Protective Pads
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 104 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

We will now have start the second round of CCAT!!!!!
You have 3 days to post a pokemon that you'd like to have the second team build around!!
Happy posting

Hey everyone!! For my first submission for cycle 2, I would like to go with everyone's favourite moth, :Venomoth: oh wait sorry I meant
1623503922746.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic/Bug Buzz
- Roost

The set I've chosen is Bulkyrona, because imo it's better than offensive, which can't really beat its checks as well as bulkyrona does. This set turns bulky checks into absolute setup fodder, easily shrugging off weak scalds with the spdef boost+ instant recovery with roost, and attacks from av glowking get the same treatment. Same can be said for non toxic blissey, coz seismic toss doesn't suffice at all. Even offensive behemoths like :Rillaboom: , :Kartana:, Non Draco :Kyurem: or maybe choiced mons who're locked into a move volc can take, are simply setup opportunities. There's many other examples, but you get the point, volc is one of the top threats in the current meta.
The moves I've chosen are fairly standard, qd and roost are self explanatory, Flamethrower over fire blast for accuracy and pp, and over fiery dance for power and again, pp. Psychic hits targets like :Toxapex: and :Urshifu: , while bug buzz smacks :Slowking: and :Slowbro: as well as hitting :Garchomp: for greater damage, as it could have a Rock-Type move for you. Psychic is generally preferred, as the slows are setup fodder anyway, and pex and urshifu are big targets, since urshifu can simply just kill it and pex can haze away everything otherwise.
Ofc, no mon is without its flaws. :Heatran:, as long as it carries toxic, completely sits on this particular set. Urshifu can easily revenge kill with banded aj, as long as you're in range. Dual wingbeat :Dragonite: does well vs all Volcarona, and this is no exception. However, when you compare this list of checks to other threats, its decently small, and manageable with team support, which is why volc is as good as it is.
There's ofc a safeguard set as well as a more phys def set as well, the're pretty good, but imo this is better. I will say tho, the set can change depending on the team, so let's see what we all cook up this time :psyglad:

(Did you know that "Rona" means "To cry" in Hindi? Really sums up the moth experience when you're facing it lol)

Last edited:
tapu fini

:ss/tapu-fini:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 16 SpA / 120 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

contrary to fini improving as a pokemon in the meta with a surge of recent usage in wcop and on the ladder, chose a whirlpool set as the set of choice. trapping certain pokemon is invaluable for offensive teammates in practice; dissuading status is a helpful feat to prevent it from being worn down.

Last edited:
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Crawdaunt is one of the hardest hitters in the meta. It has a adaptability boosted knock off, paired with its ability to get attacks boosts and hitting even harder with crabhammer. Aqua jet is good for picking off pokemon that are weak, also has a chance to ohko 248 hp/ 8 defense volcarona.

:bw/weavile:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Swords Dance Weavile has been an amazing win-condition and threat that can put pressure with its high speed tier and ability to sweep games as well. It is able to act as a pseudo ghost resist thanks to its Dark typing taking a Shadow Ball from Dragapult, and possibly be able to revenge it with its access to Ice Shard being able to pick off weakened targets or revenging things that try to revenge it like Rillaboom. It's amazing offensive typing makes it a dangerous threat with only few reliable switch-in that lack recovery and would require support in breaking past Buzzwole, Skarmory, and Corviknight.

Last edited:
Idk how I'm meant to beat such a chad Fini set with a spread I don't even know what it does but looks cool af, or the king itself crawdaunt, but imma try anyway.
I'm submitting my own left-field entry because I ain't picking OU mons unless the set is HEAT so why would I submit one, and since it's gen 8 I'll submit my new favourite toy of this gen: banded G-Zapdos

:Sm/zapdos-galar:
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick / Drill Peck / Whatever

Dude's a nightmare to switch into and in this pivot-heavy meta it's not hard to position your wallbreaker. Gzap isn't the most viable one, but it stands out from the crowd with its 100 base speed and brutally powerful stab combination. Kyurem, shifu and Lele run away from this guy and common defensive cores lacking kanto Zapdos just risk losing a Mon to this demon even without future sight. Uturn, ground immunity, dark and grass resist are useful assets in the teambuilder as well for momentum and threats like Rilla, lando and sharp. Recoil is bad but who cares if this demon kills itself if it manages to break so much. So yeah I'd love to see a nice powerful team with this guy in it

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:ss/kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Choice Specs Kyurem is one of the most threatening wallbreakers in OU, but it is held back by its average speed tier, lack of safe opportunities to switch in, Stealth Rock weakness, and reliance on great prediction. However, with the right support it can be near impossible to check safely and easily break common defensive cores, so how can you build a team to showcase its power and support it?

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ayte its time to vote

:volcarona: by Dr Ya Yeet
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic/Bug Buzz
- Roost
:tapu-fini: by t045t3r
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 16 SpA / 120 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
:crawdaunt: by Emil Heskey
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
:weavile: by Tysonslayer
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
:bisharp: by Shadesan
Bisharp @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Assurance / Beat up / Low kick
:zapdos-galar: by SLDR
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick / Drill Peck
:kyurem: by TailGlowVM
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

You have 48 hours to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)