Toxapex @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Infestation
- Recover
- Knock Off

Doing 12,5% each turn to Regieleki adds up quickly and if it spins on your Baneful Bunker after switching in on Infestation it will be down around 42,5% before laying a scratch on you. Next turn you'll survive even a Magnet boosted 150BP Electroball or Specs electric terrain T-bolt and get a Knock on it. If it doesn't go down that turn you have Baneful Bunker to ensure you get it the next. If it's at too low health you'll be able to force an electric attack on your electric immune and the 12,5% toxic damage keeps ticking on.

It still checks the physical threats you'd pack a pex for and will help wear down u-turn/boots heavy teams.

Last edited:

Suicune @ Wacan Berry
Quiet Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 SpD
- Scald
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- Mirror Coat

This Suicune can be used either as a lure to draw Regieleki in or as a surprise check against an Eleki that's ripping through your team with Thunderbolt.

Scald can be used on the anticipated Eleki switch-in. Protect allows you to scout the opponent's next move and/or get some extra burn damage if Scald burned on the switch. It also prevents inadvertently revealing Mirror Coat on a Rapid Spin or taking errant Explosion damage. If you Scalded Eleki on the initial switch-in, you can simply Extreme Speed to pick it off if rocks are up. The SpA EVs + Quiet nature guarantee the damage done by Scald is sufficient for an uninvested Extreme Speed to successfully pick off the opposing Eleki with damage from rocks.

If you're bringing Suicune in on a free switch, you can still Scald + E Speed when rocks are up. However, Mirror Coat ensures you can still kill Eleki without rocks. Mirror Coat can also be used if Eleki is Volt Switching into something like Ferro for some big unexpected damage.

Wacan Berry allows Suicune to survive a Specs Tbolt with ⅓-ish of its full health.

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 48 HP / 252 SpD Wacan Berry Suicune: 198-234 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

208+ SpA Suicune Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regieleki: 186-219 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Suicune Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 79-93 (26.2 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
This one was a tough one. Given that Leki outspeeds most 99% of the metagame including common scarfers, and can just volt out of any matchup it dislikes, it's really hard to get it to want to stay in on something that it doesn't want to.

Keyword: Outspeeds most of the metagame.

:ss/Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly
Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dual Wingbeat
- Stealth Rock

Scarfed Aero is fast enough that it literally never runs scarf, as its already pretty frail and not too strong, honestly. It finds utility as a rocker early game, which can help bluff a DD or even a :focus sash: set, though coverage such as Ice Fang or Fire Fang can slot in if you wish it to. A Jolly nature is necessary to outspeed Leki with a scarf, so the rest of the EV's are thrown into HP to try and give it a little extra bulk. The easiest way I envision this set working is you collecting a kill with EQ, and then claiming the Leki too as they try to revenge kill you.

252 Atk Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 326-384 (108.3 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
gonna put a few more ideas here so that some people could maybe use them :)

Unburden sceptile :sceptile:
Scarfers like :alakazam:, or drill run :barraskewda:

Are they great? No. But c'mon, this thread is dead even by its own standards.

gonna take the above poster's idea
barraskewda dies to at least 2 of eleki's moves

:regieleki: 0 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda: 588-692 (223.5 - 263.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO :barraskewda:
:regieleki: 252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda: 956-1128 (363.4 - 428.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO :barraskewda:
:regieleki: 0- Atk Regieleki Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barraskewda: 242-285 (92 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO :barraskewda:

however...

:barraskewda: 252+ Atk Barraskewda Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO :regieleki:

furthermore...

even without rain, scarf barraskewda's speed is 556. this regieleki's is 548.

even though there's a 5% chance of a miss, i present to you... SCARF BARRASKEWDA WITH COVERAGE!

:ss/barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Drill Run
- Flip Turn

Although not the best set around, this Barraskewda set outspeeds Regieleki and OHKOes it with Drill Run, unless you're unlucky.
Liquidation for STAB, preferably under rain.
Flip Turn to pivot out/gain momentum, blah blah blah
Close Combat is filler, but you can replace it with whatever you want.

Dead by Daylight

16 colors, I’m so lonely
is a Pre-Contributor
Considering this is my first post, I don't know if this would count, but here goes nothing!

I present to you:

MIRROR COAT CORSOLA-GALAR!

:swsh/corsola-galar: @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Stealth Rock / Will-o-Wisp
Night Shade
Strength Sap
Mirror Coat

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 162-192 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mirror Coat OHKOs back)

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 127-150 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Mirror Coat would do around 80% on the switch)

Basically, Regieleki would Thunderbolt on this to chip away or Volt Switch into something with Knock Off. But surprise! You reveal Mirror Coat and either KO Regieleki back and then Strength Sap back to full, or do about 80% to a switch. Additionally, if Regieleki tries to Explosion on the switch, it would just die. Be wary of pesky Dark-types though...

I'd just like to say something before we all vote.
All of these lures suck, including my own. Regieleki isn't a pokemon meant to be lured because the most effective counter is to just bring a ground type, something all of us already instinctively do when making a team. I called this volt switch spamming gremlin unlurable for a reason. I'm just gonna go over all of the lures for a moment and you guys can decide which one's the least bad.
Keep in mind that having more pros than cons doesn't mean something is necessarily more viable and vice versa. Some pros or cons can be more vital than others.

Protect Nidoking:nidoking::life-orb:
Sounds counterproductive but you're not gonna lure Regieleki into using an electric move, you're luring it into using Explosion.
Pros:
-
Not many mons can safely switch into Nidoking, which might incentivize Regieleki to explode for a safe switch into something else.
- Doesn't get invalidated by volt switch
- Protect has a bit of general use for scouting choiced mons like Kartana or Blacephalon
Cons:
- Heavily relies on Predicts (to a bigger extent than some of the other lures)
- Losing flamethrower means you get walled by Corv and now have to 2HKO Ferro instead of OHKOing it

Krookodile :krookodile::life-orb::leftovers:
Similar to Nidoking, but with Krookodile and without protect.
Pros:
- Doesn't really sacrifice anything
Cons:
- Krookodile isn't viable in OU (Unranked in the viability rankings)
- Many things can switch into Krookodile with ease so Regieleki has no reason to explode here.

Future sight Tapu Lele:tapu-lele::heavy-duty-boots:
Future sight doesn't actually matter here. You're actually trying to OHKO it with Psychic. It's EV'd to live a thunderbolt from full hp.
Pros:
- Doesn't sacrifice much in order to work
- Doesn't rely on predicts
- Bluffing scarf lets you deal with bulky steels a bit better
Cons:
- The lure only works if Regieleki uses thunderbolt. A single volt switch ruins the whole lure.
- Tapu Lele getting chipped puts it in thunderbolt range, forcing Tapu Lele to be at full hp for the lure to work.

Wacan Toxapex:toxapex::wacan-berry:
The idea here is to use infestation on the switch then use baneful bunker when it uses rapid spin(?) Wacan Berry will stall more turns and lets it get chipped even more.
Cons: I'm sorry for being biased like this, but this lure is horrible. It doesn't have toxic and unless the opponent makes a huge misplay, Regieleki will always use thunderbolt or volt switch rather than rapid spin. It's choice locked. Why would it ever rapid spin in this scenario? Hell, using infestation on the switch only incentivizes Regieleki further into using volt switch (Yes, volt switch still lets Regieleki switch out despite infestation). Go into a ground type to block the volt switch? Good, now the infestation is gone and Regieleki can switch out. Using baneful bunker to scout volt switch isn't that valuable for this set because the most Toxapex can even do is get a bit of chip with infestation and maybe knock off it's specs if it for some reason doesn't volt switch. This lure wouldn't work in theory nor in practice.

Wacan Suicune:suicune::wacan-berry:
This lure seems tailor made for Regieleki. You use mirror coat to kill it, and you have protect to scout volt switch. Although being tailor made for specifically special attacking electric type is also why this lure isn't really good.
Pros:
- Thanks to protect scouting, it's not as bad against volt switch (unlike wacan pex, this lure actually benefits from scouting)
- Mirror Coat has ok general use for special electric types in general, not just Regieleki.
Cons:
- Suicune isn't viable in OU (ranked C+ which is the same rank as Kommo-o, Swampert and Regieleki)
- The set isn't really that good against anything other than special attacking electric types
- Scald on the switch into Extreme speed requires stealth rock in order to kill, which is kinda situational. I think another move over extreme speed would actually provide more value.

Scarf Aerodactyl:aerodactyl::choice-scarf:
Revenge kill something, Regieleki gets a safe switch, outspeed it and OHKO with earthquake.
Pros:
- Funny
Cons:
- No, just no

Scarf Barraskewda:barraskewda::choice-scarf:
Same as scarfed Aerodactyl but with Barraskewda
Pros:
- Funny
Cons:
- Bruh at this point, just build a rain team with Seismitoad.
- Drill Run is 95% accurate, which naturally means it has less accuracy than Sheer Cold.

Mirror Coat Corsola-G:corsola-galar::eviolite:
Use Mirror Coat to OHKO Regieleki if it uses thunderbolt and if it uses volt switch, you can deal chip to whatever comes in
Pros:
- Mirror Coat in general is a creative way to punish special wallbreakers with Corsola. This lure isn't confined to just Regieleki.
Cons:
- While Galarian Corsola is annoying, it isn't viable in OU (Unranked in the viability rankings)
- Using mirror coat on a volt switch high roll deals 300 damage, which a ton of mons can withstand (especially if they have recovery). I don't think this set should run spdef investment at all, since you'd deal more mirror coat damage without spdef investment.
- I get the feeling that as soon as you reveal Mirror Coat, Regieleki is never using thunderbolt on this thing ever.

Vote for whoever you want, just note that none of these are good lures.

Last edited:

blooclipse

formerly Bluecliqse
All of these lures suck, including my own. Regieleki isn't a pokemon meant to be lured because the most effective counter is to just bring a ground type, something all of us already instinctively do when making a team. I called this volt switch spamming gremlin unlurable for a reason. I'm just gonna go over all of the lures for a moment and you guys can decide which one's the least bad.
Keep in mind that having more pros than cons doesn't mean something is necessarily more viable and vice versa. Some pros or cons can be more vital than others.

Sounds counterproductive but you're not gonna lure Regieleki into using an electric move, you're luring it into using Explosion.
Pros:
-
Not many mons can safely switch into Nidoking, which might incentivize Regieleki to explode for a safe switch into something else.
- Protect has a tiny bit of general use for scouting choiced mons like Kartana or Blacephalon
Cons:
- Losing flamethrower means you get walled by Corv

Pros:
Cons:
- Many things can switch into Krookodile with ease so Regieleki has no reason to explode here.

Future sight doesn't actually matter here. You're actually trying to OHKO it with Psychic. It's EV'd to live a thunderbolt from full hp.
Pros:
- Bluffing scarf can deal with bulky steels a bit better
Cons:
- The lure only works if Regieleki uses thunderbolt. A single volt switch ruins the whole lure.
- Tapu Lele getting chipped puts it in thunderbolt range, forcing Tapu Lele to be at full hp for the lure to work.

The idea here is to use infestation on the switch then use baneful bunker when it uses rapid spin(?) Wacan Berry will stall more turns and lets it get chipped even more.
Cons: I'm sorry for being biased like this, but this lure is horrible. It doesn't have toxic and unless the opponent makes a huge misplay, Regieleki will always use thunderbolt or volt switch rather than rapid spin. It's choice locked. Why would it ever rapid spin in this scenario? Hell, using infestation on the switch only incentivizes Regieleki further into using volt switch (Yes, volt switch still lets Regieleki switch out despite infestation). Go into a ground type to block the volt switch? Good, now the infestation is gone and Regieleki can switch out. Using baneful bunker to scout volt switch isn't that valuable for this set because the most Toxapex can even do is get a bit of chip with infestation and maybe knock off it's specs if it for some reason doesn't volt switch. This lure wouldn't work in theory nor in practice.

This lure seems tailor made for Regieleki. You use mirror coat to kill it, and you have protect to scout volt switch. Although being tailor made for specifically Regieleki is also why this lure isn't really good.
Pros:
- Thanks to protect scouting, it's not as bad against volt switch (unlike wacan pex, this lure actually benefits from scouting)
- Mirror Coat has ok general use for special electric types in general, not just Regieleki.
Cons:
- Suicune isn't viable in OU (ranked C+ which is the same rank as Kommo-o, Swampert and Regieleki)
- The set isn't really that good against anything other than electric types
- Scald on the switch into Extreme speed requires stealth rock in order to kill, which is kinda situational. I think another move over extreme speed would actually provide more value.

Revenge kill something, Regieleki gets a safe switch, outspeed it and OHKO with earthquake.
Pros:
- Funny
Cons:
- No, just no

Pros:
- Funny
Cons:
- Drill Run is 95% accurate, which naturally means it has less accuracy than Sheer Cold.

Use Mirror Coat to OHKO Regieleki if it uses thunderbolt and if it uses volt switch, you can deal chip to whatever comes in
Pros:
- Mirror Coat in general is a creative way to punish special wallbreakers with Corsola. This lure isn't confined to just Regieleki.
Cons:
- While Galarian Corsola is annoying, it isn't viable in OU (Unranked in the viability rankings)
- Using mirror coat on a volt switch high roll deals 300 damage, which a ton of mons can withstand (especially if they have recovery). I don't think this set should run spdef investment at all, since you'd deal more mirror coat damage without spdef investment.
- I get the feeling that as soon as you reveal Mirror Coat, Regieleki is never using thunderbolt on this thing ever.

Yeah. there's a fallacy of "anything can be lured with the right tech" but there isn't. Regieleki literally never hard switches into anything, only on doubles or from a pivoting teammate. Leki can volt on really anything, and just boom when it wants. You physically cannot lure regieleki which honestly means i probably won't be voting this time. actually dealing with eleki is a tedious process that takes good prediction and good play. You can't lure it at all and just call it a day. Nidoking is definitely the best submission here, and it's not a contest.

Regieleki is a mon that if you want to lure you have to do stupid things that make you worse off against everything else. Nothing actually lures this absolute demon, and honestly I think we were just having a bit of fun making up really dumb ways of actually beating this explosively powerful, stupid mon.

Nothing actually lures this absolute demon, and honestly I think we were just having a bit of fun making up really dumb ways of actually beating this explosively powerful, stupid mon.
Yea that last sentence sums up my whole opinion about this week's round. The funniest lures were probably my favourite because of how much the sheer stupidity is just being embraced. I can only imagine the horror of seeing a scarfed rainless Barraskewda in ladder.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Voting is up! Apologies for the delay! Ends Tomorrow!
Reserving protect nidoking

I know a ground type Regieleki lure sounds
counterproductive, just hear me out

:ss/nidoking:

:nidoking:Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb:life-orb:
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Well, neither can anything else. Regieleki is impossible to consistently lure by conventional means. Keep in mind that Regieleki users are aware of it's massive ground weakness + it's nonexistent bulk and are insanely cautious about it. If they expect a switch into an electric immunity, they just double switch immediately. If they expect anything else, they'll volt switch and only occasionally use thunderbolt. Poisoned by something? Spamming volt switch minimizes toxic damage. Try to use agility or rock polish? You can bet Regieleki already switched out while you were setting up. A wallbreaker with an ev spread/item that prevents Regieleki from killing it? By the time it lands a hit, Regieleki would have already volt switched out of reality.

Given just how often Regieleki spams volt switch over anything else, a lure that isn't immune to volt switch would rely on the opponent misplaying for it to even function most of the time. Another option would to give a passive water or flying type a ground move. The only pokemon that even fill this role that Regieleki can safely switch into (while still being viable in ou) are Slowbro, Slowking and Celesteela. They don't even OHKO. Celesteela can OHKO with 188 attack evs but defensive celesteela isn't viable in OU and you're making it even less viable by sacrificing a huge amount of bulk. While I could think of a shitton of lures that work in theory, not a single one would work in practice without the opponent misplaying. Volt switch essentially invalidates most if not all lures that aren't immune to electric. If anything, an electric immunity is the main reason my lure even works.
"If you can't lure Regieleki with an electric weakness, how can you lure it with a ground t-" Explosion. I was originally gonna do this with volt absorb Zeraora, but a lot more things can switch into Zeraora than a Nidoking. If switching out puts you at risk to a super effective hit on your other teammates, that might incentivize the Regieleki to explode for a safe switch. That's when you use protect and watch the Regieleki commit Mark Heathcliff for 0 damage. Losing flamethrower isn't incredibly bad since you still 2HKO Ferrothorn and Buzzwole. Protect also has an ok general use of scouting other choice locked pokemon. Chilan Berry was tempting but it has absolutely zero use outside of beating explosion and life orb is just a lot more valuable on Nidoking.
Considering the fact that Regieleki is a borderline unlurable menace to society that probably shouldn't have been included in a lure making competition, this is surprisingly not horrible.

:slowbro::slowking:0 Atk Slowbro / Slowking Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 196-232 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:celesteela:4 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 252-298 (83.7 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:zapdos:252 SpA Zapdos Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regieleki: 273-322 (90.6 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Incendiary Electrical Wires A Problem? Not Anymore!
:ss/krookodile:
Krookodile @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie (whatever both live boom)
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Close Combat
- Close Combat / Stealth Rock​

Not much likes switching into krook for fear of losing their item or taking a giant hit. You eat leki boom (-1 0- Atk Regieleki Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 130-153 (39.2 - 46.2%) with intimidate or 0- Atk Regieleki Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 194-229 (58.6 - 69.1%) w/o) and you can do whatever you want.
Leki is incentivized into going nuclear because nothing like switching into krook and since it finds itself on electricspam a lot it likes to get chip on the ground type.
literally just stealth rock if you have an eleki in front of you because it doesnt matter and try not to chip yourself into range through lo recoil lol
Boots future sight tapu lele

Tapu Lele @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast

This tapu lele set is dedicated for fs. This set helps many ho teams to break through stall. It's drop-in speed does not matter due to it outspeeding everything timid 252 speed can outspeed (excluding the speed tie with itself). The 32 s.def helps in avoiding the ohko and the tapu lele can then ohko the regieleki back.

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Tapu Lele: 237-280 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Toxapex @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Infestation
- Recover
- Knock Off

Doing 12,5% each turn to Regieleki adds up quickly and if it spins on your Baneful Bunker after switching in on Infestation it will be down around 42,5% before laying a scratch on you. Next turn you'll survive even a Magnet boosted 150BP Electroball or Specs electric terrain T-bolt and get a Knock on it. If it doesn't go down that turn you have Baneful Bunker to ensure you get it the next. If it's at too low health you'll be able to force an electric attack on your electric immune and the 12,5% toxic damage keeps ticking on.

It still checks the physical threats you'd pack a pex for and will help wear down u-turn/boots heavy teams.

Suicune @ Wacan Berry
Quiet Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 SpD
- Scald
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- Mirror Coat

This Suicune can be used either as a lure to draw Regieleki in or as a surprise check against an Eleki that's ripping through your team with Thunderbolt.

Scald can be used on the anticipated Eleki switch-in. Protect allows you to scout the opponent's next move and/or get some extra burn damage if Scald burned on the switch. It also prevents inadvertently revealing Mirror Coat on a Rapid Spin or taking errant Explosion damage. If you Scalded Eleki on the initial switch-in, you can simply Extreme Speed to pick it off if rocks are up. The SpA EVs + Quiet nature guarantee the damage done by Scald is sufficient for an uninvested Extreme Speed to successfully pick off the opposing Eleki with damage from rocks.

If you're bringing Suicune in on a free switch, you can still Scald + E Speed when rocks are up. However, Mirror Coat ensures you can still kill Eleki without rocks. Mirror Coat can also be used if Eleki is Volt Switching into something like Ferro for some big unexpected damage.

Wacan Berry allows Suicune to survive a Specs Tbolt with ⅓-ish of its full health.

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 48 HP / 252 SpD Wacan Berry Suicune: 198-234 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

208+ SpA Suicune Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regieleki: 186-219 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Suicune Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 79-93 (26.2 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
This one was a tough one. Given that Leki outspeeds most 99% of the metagame including common scarfers, and can just volt out of any matchup it dislikes, it's really hard to get it to want to stay in on something that it doesn't want to.

Keyword: Outspeeds most of the metagame.

:ss/Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl
@ Choice Scarf
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly
Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dual Wingbeat
- Stealth Rock

Scarfed Aero is fast enough that it literally never runs scarf, as its already pretty frail and not too strong, honestly. It finds utility as a rocker early game, which can help bluff a DD or even a :focus sash: set, though coverage such as Ice Fang or Fire Fang can slot in if you wish it to. A Jolly nature is necessary to outspeed Leki with a scarf, so the rest of the EV's are thrown into HP to try and give it a little extra bulk. The easiest way I envision this set working is you collecting a kill with EQ, and then claiming the Leki too as they try to revenge kill you.

252 Atk Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 326-384 (108.3 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
gonna take the above poster's idea
barraskewda dies to at least 2 of eleki's moves

:regieleki: 0 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda: 588-692 (223.5 - 263.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO :barraskewda:
:regieleki: 252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda: 956-1128 (363.4 - 428.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO :barraskewda:
:regieleki: 0- Atk Regieleki Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barraskewda: 242-285 (92 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO :barraskewda:

however...

:barraskewda: 252+ Atk Barraskewda Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO :regieleki:

furthermore...

even without rain, scarf barraskewda's speed is 556. this regieleki's is 548.

even though there's a 5% chance of a miss, i present to you... SCARF BARRASKEWDA WITH COVERAGE!

:ss/barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Drill Run
- Flip Turn

Although not the best set around, this Barraskewda set outspeeds Regieleki and OHKOes it with Drill Run, unless you're unlucky.
Liquidation for STAB, preferably under rain.
Flip Turn to pivot out/gain momentum, blah blah blah
Close Combat is filler, but you can replace it with whatever you want.

Considering this is my first post, I don't know if this would count, but here goes nothing!

I present to you:

MIRROR COAT CORSOLA-GALAR!

:swsh/corsola-galar: @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
Stealth Rock / Will-o-Wisp
Night Shade
Strength Sap
Mirror Coat

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 162-192 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mirror Coat OHKOs back)

252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 127-150 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Mirror Coat would do around 80% on the switch)

Basically, Regieleki would Thunderbolt on this to chip away or Volt Switch into something with Knock Off. But surprise! You reveal Mirror Coat and either KO Regieleki back and then Strength Sap back to full, or do about 80% to a switch. Additionally, if Regieleki tries to Explosion on the switch, it would just die. Be wary of pesky Dark-types though...

Pros:
-
- Protect has a bit of general use for scouting choiced mons like Kartana or Blacephalon
Cons:
- Losing flamethrower means you get walled by Corv and now have to 2HKO Ferro instead of OHKOing it

Pros:
Cons:

Pros:
- Bluffing scarf lets you deal with bulky steels a bit better
Cons:

This lure seems tailor made for Regieleki. You use mirror coat to kill it, and you have protect to scout volt switch. Although being tailor made for specifically special attacking electric type is also why this lure isn't really good.
Pros:
Cons:
- The set isn't really that good against anything other than special attacking electric types

Pros:
- Funny
Cons:
- No, just no

Pros:
- Funny
Cons:

Pros:
Cons:

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Block
- Rest
- Spite
- Recover

Innards Out means Regieleki will always die upon attacking it with an electric move, but players will be aware of the possibility if you don't play it like it's Unaware Pyukumuku, so no Aguav Berry Level 96 shenanigans. It doesn't even have the HP to KO Regieleki in the first place anyway.

This set is still effective at trapping and killing any defensive pokemon you want, as long as they're not stat boosters or have moves that hurt you.

After you got rid of a defensive pokemon, an unexperienced player might believe this is the Unaware Pyukumuku set and send Regieleki, which then you can trade 1 for 1.

Even if you don't "Lure" Regieleki to switch into Pyukumuku, it still cannot click an electric attack if this Pyukumuku is alive and healthy, you may get an 1 for 1 trade with Regieleki for the benefit of the Pokémon it's trying to revenge kill by switching into an electric attack directly.

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Block
- Rest
- Spite
- Recover

Innards Out means Regieleki will always die upon attacking it with an electric move, but players will be aware of the possibility if you don't play it like it's Unaware Pyukumuku, so no Aguav Berry Level 96 shenanigans. It doesn't even have the HP to KO Regieleki in the first place anyway.

This set is still effective at trapping and killing any defensive pokemon you want, as long as they're not stat boosters or have moves that hurt you.

After you got rid of a defensive pokemon, an unexperienced player might believe this is the Unaware Pyukumuku set and send Regieleki, which then you can trade 1 for 1.

Even if you don't "Lure" Regieleki to switch into Pyukumuku, it still cannot click an electric attack if this Pyukumuku is alive and healthy, you may get an 1 for 1 trade with Regieleki for the benefit of the Pokémon it's trying to revenge kill by switching into an electric attack directly.
Voting has already started srry
My personal take on this lure is that since stall is all about defensive synergy, you'd probably already have more than enough defensive switch ins to Regieleki. Mainly Gastrodon, Blissey or Galarian Slowking. Stall teams are the last team archetype that would need to utilize lures like this.
It definitely can work in the context of beating Regieleki if it's in low-mid ladder (according to pikalytics, innards out actually becomes the more used pyukumuku ability in mid-high ladder so you wouldn't be able to bluff unaware). But in the stall teams that Pyukumuku is used in, you don't really need a lure for Regieleki to begin with. It doesn't really help that Pyukumuku is unranked on the viability rankings and the actual set shown looks like something you'd find in Temp6t's horribly staged videos.
Don't beat yourself up tho, since making a good Regieleki lure is kinda impossible anyways.

Last edited:
Voting has already started srry
My personal take on this lure is that since stall is all about defensive synergy, you'd probably already have more than enough defensive switch ins to Regieleki. Mainly Gastrodon, Blissey or Galarian Slowking. Stall teams are the last team archetype that would need to utilize lures like this.
It definitely can work in the context of beating Regieleki if it's in low-mid ladder (according to pikalytics, innards out actually becomes the more used pyukumuku ability in mid-high ladder so you wouldn't be able to bluff unaware). But in the stall teams that Pyukumuku is used in, you don't really need a lure for Regieleki to begin with. It doesn't really help that Pyukumuku is unranked on the viability rankings and the actual set shown looks like something you'd find in Temp6t's horribly staged videos.
Don't beat yourself up tho, since making a good Regieleki lure is kinda impossible anyways.
I would not use this moveset in a stall team. I don't know where you got that from.

The point is to assist an offensive pokémon limited by Regieleki. I wouldn't ever use a Regieleki Lure outside of the Draft League format in the first place, if it's OU, just use a ground type.

Just because a Pokémon is unranked in the viability rankings doesn't mean that it will be useless in every match...

With that said, I didn't see the voting already started my bad, I vote for Snapteryx's Protect Nidoking.

Last edited:

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I would not use this moveset in a stall team. I don't know where you got that from.

The point is to assist an offensive pokémon limited by Regieleki. I wouldn't ever use a Regieleki Lure outside of the Draft League format in the first place, if it's OU, just use a ground type.

Just because a Pokémon is unranked in the viability rankings doesn't mean that it will be useless in every match...

With that said, I didn't see the voting already started my bad, I vote for Snapteryx's Protect Nidoking.
The indication that you would use this on stall is because you wouldn't have Pyukumuku on any other archetype.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Snapteryx for winning this week of Lure that Threat!

Our new threat will be...
:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

How will YOU lure this threat? Submissions end Friday!​

Last edited:

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:bw/Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Power Herb :Power Herb:
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

You basically use Swords Dance on the switch and hit Fly, it will activate in one turn and OHKOs Rillaboom.

+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 696-822 (173.5 - 204.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian in Grassy Terrain: 174-205 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Dead by Daylight

16 colors, I’m so lonely
is a Pre-Contributor
I am around 72.6% sure that this isn't a lure. But here goes.

Rindo Berry Mamoswine!

:Mamoswine: @ :Rindo Berry:
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 Atk / 80 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Ice Shard on the switch. Rillaboom, while it will feel that Ice Shard, will likely stay in and Grassy Glide, expecting it to OHKO. But no! Rindo Berry makes it a 2HKO, and you can either Ice Shard or Icicle Crash to take out the Rillaboom. Additionally, if for some reason they try to Superpower, the given EV spread lets it survive and take it out with two Ice Shards. Finally, 196 Speed and a Jolly Nature outspeed Rillaboom anyways, so Grassy Glide into Superpower would not KO before Ice Shard into Icicle Crash.

:rillaboom: @ :leftovers: Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 80 Def :mamoswine: @ :Rindo Berry: in Grassy Terrain: 174-205 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252+ Atk :Rillaboom: Superpower vs. 0 HP / 80 Def :Mamoswine:: 306-360 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

176 Atk Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 240 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 134-162 (33.4 - 40.3%) into 176 Atk Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 240 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 288-338 (71.8 - 84.2%) = (95.2 - 114.5%) -- ~75% to KO

Reserving sashed Weavile

Focus Sash Weavile

:ss/weavile:

:weavile:Weavile @ Focus Sash:focus-sash:
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Priority is the bane of many fast pokemon. Weavile, bring the frail ass that it is, is no exception. This lure best works if you get a safe switch into something it can revenge kill. Once Rillaboom gets a safe switch in, just use triple axel. Rillaboom will try to grassy glide Weavile before getting OHKO'd by triple axel.

:rillaboom::choice-band:->:weavile:252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile in Grassy Terrain: 339-399 (120.6 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:rillaboom:->:weavile:252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile in Grassy Terrain: 294-347 (104.6 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:weavile:->:rillaboom:252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 402-486 (117.8 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I mainly scrapped this because swords dance rillaboom just uses it as set up fodder and Slowbro can do nothing but hope for a scald burn. It only works on a banded rillaboom if it uses grassy glide instead of wood hammer. Wood hammer just OHKOs and if the opponent is using damage calcs, you're basically dead.
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Counter
- Slack Off / Scald
- Teleport

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)