Metagame SS OU Metagame Discussion v3 (Usage in post #251)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive laddered a bit and won a room tour today and actually playing this meta for a day made me change my mind on some stuff. i'll discuss some of the new mons again (haven't seen a single normal kyurem so i'll leave that one out).

this is as bad as i thought it'd be. i started running roost icicle spear fusion bolt dd, but i then realized while roost is cool i could win games easier w power herb freeze shock, no boots sucks but i had double removal on my team and this worked really good. +1 freeze shock is literally insane, and you can trap melmetal and rachi with dug. there's always scarf rachi and scarf dragapult, but they can't hard switch in, and knowing kyurem-b it often can set up two dragon dances. i really do think this mon is too much.

this mon is actually really really good, i'm very pleasantly surprised by it. very few pokemon take two hits from this menace and its speed tier is obviously amazing.

melmetal is pretty insane, but still barely bearable. dug is around after all so it loses a lot of its shine. iron bash flinches are hella annoying though, only problem is that it only really outspeeds clef so you can still go into corvi to put this guy in dug range or beat it 1v1. still a fucking monster but, again, barely manageable.

sadly i haven't seen jirachi too much. this mon is great but being duggy bait is really bad, so it has to be extra careful around u-turn and volt switch mons. i think i'll def need to see rachi more to form a stronger conclusion but it's looking a bit similar to sm in a sense. a great mon with great stats and typing but has clear issues that hold it back. scarf probably won't be the best either i think, but it is what it is.

someone said in ou room idr whom, but terrak is the kinda mon that is really good in paper but ass in practice, and i think this holds true. it has a rather hard time setting up, its easy to revenge kill and dugtrio is around. still good if the circumstances call, but again terrak is feeling relatively disappointing. someone said something about some sd life orb quick attack set, so you ohko ban dug at +2, but i think it's super gimmicky and no eq really sucks when aegi is around. also i've barely seen terrak, probably because of the reasons outlined above.

haven't seen much keldeo either, but it's looking relatively underwhelming, idk if its cus i have a pex and a zeraora, but this mon still looks rather complicated to use, because you gotta predict right basically. and there's always clef and sylveon that can stomach a water move. i feel like this mon has a lot of room to be good with calm mind or smth like that because specs has been pretty bad from my experience.

now onto some of the old mons that like this meta:

dugtrio got even more troublesome now as it can trap a lot of the new stuff and it can be used to help kyurem-b sweep immensely by trapping defensive rachi and melmetal. i honestly can't see myself building a team without it for this meta because the utility is just so good to pass up.

really digging pex rn. yes it can be flinched down by melmetal, but if you run pex + steel you're probably fine. but pex really helps with the potential terrak and keld also (which sadly i haven't seen much of), i also really like haze on pex right now, because kyurem-b can't set up on you.

i'm actually liking this mon a lot in this meta, it's great to revenge kill melmetal, and 252 hp 252 speed lets u take 3 icicle spears from +1 kyub which is very very nice. of course it's no check or anything but people seem to forget about drill which can help as a last resort vs kyurem-b. also in general this mon is really strong and be a huge problem for teams with no corviknight or no hippo.

haven't seen much keldeo either, but it's looking relatively underwhelming, idk if its cus i have a pex and a zeraora, but this mon still looks rather complicated to use, because you gotta predict right basically. and there's always clef and sylveon that can stomach a water move. i feel like this mon has a lot of room to be good with calm mind or smth like that because specs has been pretty bad from my experience.
Ive played with calm mind sets, they're underwhelming as well. Fairies still stuff keldeo with a calm mind boost. If it taunts them, it just gets moonblasted/hyper voiced/dazzling gleamed to death. If it doesn't taunt them it gets thunder waved and then moonblasted/hyper voiced/dazzling gleamed to death. You wont survive to calm mind spam on them multiple times.

Weather Ball/Earth Power Venusaur sounds like a lot of fun, but everything getting Toxic and Knock Off again is a huge bummer. The limited distribution of those moves made the meta much more interesting imo. They're just too good to not use for most of the mons that get them now. RIP Aegislash in OU too, the nerf to its stats won't erase the absurdity of subtoxicshield lmao.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
So in my eyes, two additions to the tier strike me as banworthy.

The first is a Pokemon that we honestly did not know a whole lot about until recently, Melmetal. This is the first time it is ever OU legal as it was only in LGPE last generation, but it is making an immediate impact that seems unwelcome. It has immense physical attack and unprecedented physical bulk with a mono-Steel typing to start things off. Couple that with Double Iron Bash being very strong, Body Press + Iron Defense variants being very hard to counter if you lack one of a small handful of Pokemon, and the occasional other sets (i.e: CB and AV) also having great effectiveness and you get what is likely the current king of the OU tier.
Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Double Iron Bash
- Body Press
- Acid Armor

The second Pokemon has resided in OU for the last few generations, but with some new toys coupled with normal counterplay not being present in the game, it is now better than ever before. Kyurem-Black has been released and is a menace offensively. It now has access to moves like Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear, which both are very helpful. Dragon Dance variants in general are quite potent; it can even throw on Earth Power if it wishes to hit the aforementioned Melmetal. It does not even need to use Dragon coverage as it is pretty redundant with Ice coverage. A lot of people have been using Life Orb, Freeze Shock + Power Herb, and various other offensive items, but personally I have been enjoying Heavy Duty Boots. Because of this, I lack the same level of experience with those more mainstream items and will not be providing a sample set.

Anyone else remember how asinine Alolan Ninetales and Volcarona could be when combined last gen? Well, allow me to introduce what could be the newer and even better iteration of Veil Offense.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell
- Encore / Hypnosis / Moonblast

It's a fairly standard set carried over from last gen. Although Alolan Ninetales is no longer the only Pokemon with both Snow Warning and Aurora Veil, it's probably still the best user of it thanks to its Base 109 Speed. Freeze-Dry is a decent STAB attack that hits nearly every Dragon super-effectively and also annihilates Quagsire, Gyarados, Pelipper, Seismitoad, and non-Scarf Dracovish. Heal Bell makes a very welcome return to remove status conditions. As for the last move, Encore or Hypnosis are recommended to give Kommo-o an opportunity to switch in more easily, but Moonblast is a nice additional attacking option that gives Alolan Ninetales the ability to thwack Grimmsnarl and do some additional damage to Dragapult, both of which can be annoying for Kommo-o to deal with.

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon

There's a good chance you probably already know what this thing does if you've been playing OU at all over the last couple months, but to put it simply, Clangorous Soul boosts all of Kommo-o's stats and triggers the Throat Spray, subsequently boosting its Sp. Atk an additional level. After that, Kommo-o can go to town. +2 Clanging Scales pulverizes nearly everything that isn't resistant or immune to it, and Flamethrower takes care of most things that do. Aura Sphere is another STAB option, or Flash Cannon can be used instead to smack Clefable and other Fairy-types. Either one also gives you something with which to hit Terrakion super-effectively.

This combo definitely needs hazard support, and I also recommend having checks to Toxapex and Clefable (tip: do like I didn't do at first and use Jirachi; it helps immensely with both).

A couple of replays featuring this duo:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1062268859
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1062274286

Some other observations:

Umbreon can check several variants of Jirachi pretty well thanks to its solid bulk, Inner Focus (to prevent Iron Head flinches), Foul Play, and ability to heal itself with Moonlight and/or Wish. Of course, Jirachi can run Play Rough, U-Turn, or Drain Punch, but if it isn't Banded, it can't even 2HKO max HP Umbreon with any of them, while Foul Play does about 75% damage minimum. It also works well against most Aegislash and Dragapult sets. Oh, and it's also gotten Heal Bell and Toxic back, both of which it has sorely missed since November.

I agree with a couple of previous posts on this one; I'm very unimpressed with Keldeo this gen, and I say that as someone who has used it in every generation since 5. Water/Fighting STAB and Base 108 Speed aren't what they once were three generations ago. Toxapex, Grimmsnarl, and Mew make it nigh-impossible for it to do much against stall, Fairy-types in general have always been a nuisance for it to deal with, and Jirachi being around certainly doesn't do it any favors either. Even worse, it can't beat Dragapult at all. (Well, okay, it can learn Icy Wind, but does that honestly do Keldeo any good? Not really.)

Let's be honest; the only reason Rotom-C ever got anywhere close to OU was because of the proliferation of Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Now that Celebi is back, I don't expect Rotom-C to stick around much longer.

So Kyurem-B now gets Dragon Dance in addition to its Base 170 Attack? Perhaps we should just call it Zacian-lite. Yeah, I can't really argue against banning it. Also, I assume I'm not the only one who's a bit worried about what will happen if Garchomp gets DD after the Crown Tundra comes out.

Last edited:
A few of my own thoughts here:

View attachment 222894
Nope. Nope nope nope. Get this shit out of here.

View attachment 222895
Clefable has been strictly buffed in every possible sense as a result of Home's release. Not only are all its Magic Guard sets directly improved courtesy of Soft-Boiled being objectively better than Moonlight, but at long last it got Unaware back to allow it to function as a solid Hydreigon check. Clef is easily one of the best mons in the tier as is and with these buffs I think it'll probably be the absolute queen of OU once the meta settles and the broken elements are dealt with accordingly.

View attachment 222897
I'm absolutely terrified that Toxic will push Aegislash over the edge once again. None of Aegislash's decidedly limited checks have any business eating up a Toxic if they predict incorrectly, and Toxic acts as a powerful option for Choiced and non-Choiced sets alike due to its ability to fill in the holes in Aegislash's limited movepool.

View attachment 222898
Well, OU's melanoma has finally gotten Toxic back. This further improves its role as a dedicated trapper by leaving something with a pretty nasty present after it's already done its job of trapping and eliminating a bunch of stuff.

View attachment 222899
An absolute threat. Jirachi may not appreciate all the Ghosts and Knock Off spam everywhere, but Jirachi is always good simply because it's either really good at being a Choice Scarfer or Rocker or pretty good at doing basically anything under the sun.

View attachment 222900
EASILY the most exciting addition to the metagame, IMO. Melmetal is a terrifying breaker that just clicks its buttons and blows gaping holes in your opponent's team, and fat teams tend to have a really hard time dealing with it. I'm really interested to see how it fares in this meta considering how good it was in NatDex.

View attachment 222901
Drei gets new options. New options are always objectively better. Drei can now utilize more defensively-oriented sets and has another option to increase its longevity against slower teams (or to potentially just run Life Orb on a 2-attacks set so it can break past Unaware Clefable).

View attachment 222902View attachment 222903View attachment 222904
Ohhhhh baby. While I think the addition of Toxic benefits Rotom-Heat the most by a country mile, let's not forget that Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Mow also get stuff out of this. Toxic is obviously the best re-addition to their movepool, but Defog gives them more options. And like I said: more options make for an objectively superior mon.

View attachment 222907View attachment 222908View attachment 222909
These three stand out as the mons that best utilize Knock Off as an offensive support move instead of just a support move. It's a huge power boost for Weavile and Bisharp but Conk getting Knock Off is an absolutely massive deal, as it now regains valuable utility and powerful coverage alike all in a single moveslot. I've been looking forward to Defog+Knock Off for a very long time and it has finally arrived.

I can also see Smack Down having some potential luring potential against Corviknight but that's such a gimmick compared to the very real threat of removing its Leftovers instead.

View attachment 222910
Terrakion would go to town on a Duggyless metagame. 108 Speed is fantastic once again, and Terrakion packs a brutal offensive typing and brutal offensive statline to break virtually everything in the tier clean in two. Aegislash being good doesn't really help it TOO much, though.

View attachment 222911
I was already a bit harsh on Togekiss in the post-Dynamax metagame, but with Defog and Roost back on the menu Togekiss genuinely has a plethora of utility options at its disposal once again, letting it better function as a great tank.

View attachment 222912
EXTREMELY sleeper threat, IMO. Weather Ball+Chlorophyll finally being compatible is God's gift to Sun teams everywhere and Venusaur even adds Earth Power to its impressive repertoire of coverage options, ensuring that in the not-so-distant future Sun teams will have something capable of muscling past the best Sun counters out there. In a meta with Dugtrio this thing benefits extremely well from the potentially-absurd core of Eject Pack Ninetales+Dugtrio to lure and eliminate Toxapex since, well... Toxapex is one of two things that has any business coming in on a +2 Life Orb Venusaur. I would put my hands in fire to say that Venusaur is slated to be the best weather-dependent sweeper we've seen since the heyday of Sand Rush Excadrill back in Gen 5. This thing seriously has fucking everything going for it.

View attachment 222913
Powerful breaker that can check Hydreigon in a pinch due to its crucial Water typing giving it a niche over the other fairies.

View attachment 222914
Air Slash is a nice addition, but Hidden Power getting removed is a massive PITA for Keldeo since now it's even easier to counter. It gets blanked by a lot of the stuff people run to ensure that their teams don't get mauled by Dracovish and then some more stuff on top of that, but I can see it being quite the threat with the right support.

View attachment 222916
Freeze-Dry makes this thing impossibly difficult to wall. I can see Kyurem being an OU staple for its ability to break Balance unlike anything else thanks to the insane coverage Freeze-Dry+Earth Power offers, but Ice Beam might still be run because it hits standard Ice-weak targets that much harder.

View attachment 222917
Keldeo counter? Keldeo counter, plus a Dracovish check, plus a Defogger. Gets prone-boned by the Rotoms but offers a great deal of role compression otherwise, so I can see Mantine having a very respectable niche in this tier now.

Post-testing edits:

- Venusaur is actually that good. It's a bit of a pain to support but in this meta it's able to steamroll past most teams when paired with Dugtrio support. Do note that it cannot OHKO standard Dragapult sets from full, though, so Dragapult can check it in a pinch.

- KB is as broken as everyone expected it to be and then some. This thing and Clefable were on almost all of my opponents' teams in about 20 games as well as on my own team I've been experimenting with, and virtually every single game involving KB involved both of us playing like absolute degenerates to prevent it from getting a single free turn to set up and automatically losing if it got said free turn unless there was a very healthy Melmetal in the back. Melmetal is the only thing that can reliably survive an interaction with Kyurem-Black since it has a chance of just 5-hitting its way past most defensive shit. This mon is fucking unbelievable and is even more of an issue than Dugtrio at the moment.

- Clefable is literally everywhere. This thing is at OR/AS levels of viability right now and offers so much to any sort of team archetype it finds itself on.

- Whenever I see KB I usually see Dugtrio paired with it. Melmetal is KB's only real defensive answer and Dugtrio either kills it outright or dents it severely enough to where it can't even check KB anymore.

- Have I mentioned Dugtrio enough in this edit? The mon is absolutely fucking stupid and this has become especially true in this new meta courtesy of the absolute monstrosities it's able to support.
Knock off and defog on Conk are not compatible unfortunately

Meta thoughts:
Venusaur is turning out to be surprisingly potent, sun might actually shine in gen 8, due to duggy being such a good crutch for sun to remove its obstacles ( well, until it gets banned).
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

I also tried using band darmanitan under sun and it hits extremely hard, as in 2hkoing pex hard.
Rarely does anything switch in and not get 2HKO'd by sun-boosted flare blitz (exceptions are pelipper and regular corsola which doesn't count)
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 162-191 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish in Sun: 151-178 (47 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Sun: 531-625 (134.7 - 158.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 240-283 (99.5 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt in Sun: 346-408 (129.5 - 152.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados in Sun: 367-432 (110.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon in Sun: 330-389 (101.5 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hydreigon in Sun: 233-275 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Incineroar in Sun: 219-258 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo in Sun: 330-389 (102.1 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Kommo-o in Sun: 277-327 (94.8 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Kommo-o in Sun: 202-238 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz in Sun: 421-496 (99.2 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Primarina in Sun: 387-456 (124.4 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina in Sun: 263-310 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad in Sun: 261-308 (63 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion in Sun: 328-387 (101.5 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 186-219 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Rarely will you be clicking something other than Flare Blitz under sun, but other coverage options are for Pex Kiss etc. Also Banded U-Turn chips teams extremely easily
Zeroara is pretty easy to deal w/ if you have Sash Dugtrio. Because most are running Band from what I've seen if you make an aggressive switch on a Plasma Fists, they're Zeroara gets neutered. Idk, maybe i'm the only one still running Sash Dugtrio.
Dugtrio is also pretty mandatory for the reasons lyd outlined in his post.
Bulky Hydreigon has been extremely disappointing so far.
I ran the set below but since hazards aren't really a big deal rn and with Melmetal being king of OU, toxic and u-turn as your only forms of damage is pretty unsatisfactory.
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

I'm probably running the wrong set but offensive hydra has also lost it's appeal with the generally offensive tone rn.
Jirachi has been pretty disappointing as well, I tried a scarf set but it has a 4MSS ; it wants to run STABs for flinch, Body slam to hax them into submission, but at the same time you want coverage for stuff like Corviknight and Melmetal, Healing Wish for late game utility, and U-Turn as a momentum grabber.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Keldeo, on the other hand is absolutely amazing. Toxapex is the only obstacle but once Dugtrio neuters that your path is clear. Almost nothing stands up to water/fighting/(very weak) ice coverage. Specs Hydro Pump 2hko's basically any neutral target and some resisted targets as well.
CM sets are cancerous to deal w/
If you lack Toxapex w/ Toxic it's very hard to stop this without sacking, and has like zero defensive counterplay bar Pex.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Kyurem Black is kinda eh. Icicile Spear sets were the first ones I tried, they yielded unsatisfactory results. Power Herb on the other hand is often easily baited and there goes your Ice STAB, leaving you with only Fusion Bolt and Earth Power.
Also Toad is like nowhere to seen so I can see the Dracos being extremely threating though I haven't tested them yet.

So in my eyes, two additions to the tier strike me as banworthy.

The first is a Pokemon that we honestly did not know a whole lot about until recently, Melmetal. This is the first time it is ever OU legal as it was only in LGPE last generation, but it is making an immediate impact that seems unwelcome. It has immense physical attack and unprecedented physical bulk with a mono-Steel typing to start things off. Couple that with Double Iron Bash being very strong, Body Press + Iron Defense variants being very hard to counter if you lack one of a small handful of Pokemon, and the occasional other sets (i.e: CB and AV) also having great effectiveness and you get what is likely the current king of the OU tier.
Melmetal @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Double Iron Bash
- Body Press
- Acid Armor
Yeah I've been playing ladder quite a bit recently and I have to agree that Melmetal is a bit overwhelming. Stupidly strong, ridiculously bulky on the physical side, has a great typing, and has a bunch of different sets to run. I actually haven't faced a single Acid Armor variant but CB Melmetal has definitely put pressure on me in some games. I generally run AV to patch up that lousy SpDef though.
The second Pokemon has resided in OU for the last few generations, but with some new toys coupled with normal counterplay not being present in the game, it is now better than ever before. Kyurem-Black has been released and is a menace offensively. It now has access to moves like Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear, which both are very helpful. Dragon Dance variants in general are quite potent; it can even throw on Earth Power if it wishes to hit the aforementioned Melmetal. It does not even need to use Dragon coverage as it is pretty redundant with Ice coverage. A lot of people have been using Life Orb, Freeze Shock + Power Herb, and various other offensive items, but personally I have been enjoying Heavy Duty Boots. Because of this, I lack the same level of experience with those more mainstream items and will not be providing a sample set.
YES PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS GET THIS BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT OUT OF HERE. Kyurem-B is an absolute monster with Dragon Dance and its insane coverage; once this thing gets a DDance or two up, stopping it is near impossible. The most consistent way in which my Kyu-B sweeps have been stopped are when the opponent revenge kills me with Mach Punch Conkeldurr.

Also, prop for using Boots KyuB, that's probably one of the best items you can run on it.

Rotom heat is pretty ownage RN because everyone is running melmetal.
-Takes no damage from eq and little from double iron bash: most spreads will outspeed so flinch isnt a huge issue
-can break sub w/ discharge, overheat does tons of damage so long as it hits flesh
-melmetal can only beat rotom with both a sub already up and boosted body press (or trick room shenanigans) unless rotom is chipped to near death

Rotom heat is pretty ownage RN because everyone is running melmetal.
-Takes no damage from eq and little from double iron bash: most spreads will outspeed so flinch isnt a huge issue
-can break sub w/ discharge, overheat does tons of damage so long as it hits flesh
-melmetal can only beat rotom with both a sub already up and boosted body press (or trick room shenanigans) unless rotom is chipped to near death
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Heat: 174-205 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 237-281 (98.3 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

You'd have to give up either Superpower/Body Press, EQ, or Thunder Punch for this, but Melmetal can def still muscle past Rotom-H. And Assault Vest can live one Overheat at full health. Still a good check though.

They should be now, since Pokemon can learn egg moves from other Pokemon of the same species, and Defog is an egg move. This is likely an error on showdown's part.
I'm pretty sure they are compatible on cart since there's no reason the new daycare mechanics wouldn't apply to transferred mons. Showdown simply hasn't removed egg move transfer move incompatibilities yet.

Pokemon Home is now available, and I decided to try and compile the notable changes we'll get for the mons viable in OU at this point in time. First and foremost, previously unavailable hidden abilities are now available on pokemon from generations 1 through 7. Also, these are the moves that are still unavailable and cannot be used even after pokemon home. Now let's move onto the move changes:

- Unaware
- Lightningrod
- Tinted Lens
- Water Absorb
- Rattled
- Insomnia
- Rain Dish
- Minus
- Hydration
- Flare Boost
- Heavy Metal
- Keen Eye
- Poison Touch
- Soundproof
- Prankster
- Telepathy
- Rivalry
- Simple
- Mold Breaker
- Mold Breaker
- Mold Breaker
- Storm Drain
- Swift Swim
- No Guard
- Prankster
- Competitive
- Pickpocket
- Sturdy
- Telepathy

This is in order of viability, so I'll start with the S rank mons and make my way down to C rank. I'm listing every transfer move and I know a majority of them are not worth using, but I'll go ahead and list them anyways. The only moves not included were Double Team and 1HKO moves.

S Rank
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Seismic Toss, Covet, Magic Coat, Last Resort, Knock Off, Role Play, Heal Bell, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Recycle, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Mud-slap, Rollout, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Soft-boiled, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Zap Cannon, Detect, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash

A+ Rank
- Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Magnet Rise, Shock Wave, Spite, After You, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Cut
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Rock Smash, Cut, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Take Down
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Swagger, Confide, Magnet Rise, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Roost, Torment, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dragon Tai, Swagger, Confide, Aqua Tail, Tailwind, Shock Wave, Spite, Defog, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength
- Roar, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Echoed Voice, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Aqua Tail, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Laser Focus
- Toxic, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Pain Split, Spite, Defog, Sucker Punch, Mud-slap
- Smack Down, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Magic Coat, Block, Knock Off, Pain Split, Water Pulse, Gastro Acid, Spite, After You

A Rank
- Smack Down, Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Force Palm, Block, Knock Off, Rock Smash, Strength
- Rollout, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Worry Seed, Block, Magnet Rise, Endeavor, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Torment, Explosion, Psych Up, Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Seismic Toss, Mega Drain, Knock Off, Role Play, Pain Split, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Take Down, Submission, Skull Bash
- Fury Attack, Aerial Ace, Torment, Psych Up, Swagger, Confide, Block, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Cut
- Infestation, Swagger, Confide, After You, Knock Off, Focus Punch, Endeavor, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength

A- Rank
- Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Headbutt
- Toxic, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Pain Split, Spite, Defog, Sucker Punch, Mud-slap
- Fairy Wind, Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Cut
- Toxic, Roost, Echoed Voice, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Magic Coat, Heal Bell, Tailwind, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Defog, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Pluck, Air Cutter, Mud-slap, Rollout, Twister, Headbutt

B+ Rank
- Toxic, Torment, Explosion, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Reflect, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Take Down
- Toxic, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Shock Wave, Defog
- Roar, Toxic, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Torment, Rock Polish, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Block, Aqua Tail, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Spite, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Headbutt, Double-edge, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Dragon Breath, Detect

B Rank
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Magnet Rise, Knock Off, Role Play, Spite, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut
- Vise Grip, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Water Pulse, Spite, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Counter, Mimic
- Toxic, Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Block, Pain Split, Rock Smash, Strength, String Shot, Headbutt
- Toxic, Torment, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Last Resort, Tailwind, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength
- Fury Attack, Peck, Roar, Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Block, Knock Off, Endeavor, Rock Smash, Strength, Fury Cutter, Headbutt
- Rollout, Toxic, Explosion, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Gravity, Knock Off, Role Play, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, After You, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength
- Rollout, Toxic, Smack Down, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Seismic Toss, Power-up Punch, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, After You, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Psych Up, Zap Cannon, Harden, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash

B- Rank
- Roar, Toxic, Torment, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Water Pulse, Spite, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Zap Cannon, Dragon Breath, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Sky Attack, Pain Split, Defog, Laser Focus, Air Cutter, Twister, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Detect

C+ Rank
- Toxic, Flame Charge, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Acid, Shock Wave, Spite, Laser Focus, Incinerate
- Toxic, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Bind, Shock Wave, Spite
- Roar, Toxic, Roost, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Torment, Flame Charge, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Quash, Explosion, Rock Polish, Aurora Veil, Psych Up, Frost Breath, Dragon Tail, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Seismic Toss, Mega Drain, Bug Bite, Covet, Super Fang, Dual Chop, Magic Coat, Block, Gravity, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Aqua Tail, Bind, Knock Off, Synthesis, Role Play, Heal Bell, Tailwind, Sky Attack, Pain Split, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Spite, After You, Endeavor, Recycle, Defog, Laser Focus, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Struggle bug, Rock Smash, Power-Up Punch, Cut, Strength, Pluck, Air Cutter, Fury Cutter, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Mud-slap, Rollout, Twister, String Shot, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Soft-boiled, Dynamic Punch, Defense Curl, Curse, Zap Cannon, Sweet Scent, Dragon Breath, Detect, Whirlwind,Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Psych Up, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Bind, Laser Focus, Mud-slap, Double-edge, Mimic
- Toxic, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Last Resort, Spite, After You
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Sky Attack, Shock Wave, Defog, Mud-slap, Double-edge, Mimic
- Fury Attack, Roar, Toxic, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Block, Aqua Tail, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Spite, Endeavor, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Ancient Power, Mud-slap, Rollout, Headbutt

C Rank
- Roar, Toxic, Rock Polish, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Block, Water Pulse, After You, Rock Smash, Strength
- Roar, Toxic, Flame Charge, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mimic, Leer, Zap Cannon, Skull Bash
- Roar, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Aqua Tail, Shock Wave, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Mud-slap, Headbutt, Double-edge, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch
- Quash, Psych Up, Confide, Block, Recycle
- Toxic, Roost, Aerial Ace, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Powder, Bug Bite, Last Resort, Tailwind, After You, Defog
- Toxic, Torment, Echoed Voice, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Heal Bell, Spite, Laser Focus, Cut, Sucker Punch, Headbutt, Mimic, Zap Cannon, Sweet Scent
-Roar, Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Aqua Tail, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Strength, Mimic, Mist, Bubble Beam, Skull Bash

C- Rank
- Toxic, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Aurora Beam, Magic Coat, Water Pulse, Laser Focus
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Reflect, Superpower, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Mimic, Curse, Dragon Breath, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Smack Down, Torment, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Laser Resort, Knock Off, Focus Punch, Gastro Acid, Endeavor, Recycle, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Endeavor, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Rollout, Headbutt, Double-edge, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Defense Curl
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Hone Claws, Struggle Bug, Cut, Fury Cutter, Sucker Punch, String Shot, Double-edge, Mimic

Not ranked but I'll list the following in case they turn out to be viable:
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Torment, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Headbutt

Soft-boiled:

Roost:

Defog:

Knock Off:

Toxic:

Here are the new Pokemon that are now available:

1. How do you guys feel about the changes Pokemon Home has brought us?
2. Is there anything in particular you believe to have great potential in the new OU metagame?
3. What are the biggest losers (if any) from these changes? In other words, what may face new competition and experience a decrease in usage?
4. I only listed the changes for pokemon viable in OU, but are there any other notable mons that may become OU after these changes? Try to not get carried away with this one.
5. Do you think any of the new Pokemon that are available have a place in OU? Why/why not?

I'll try and edit this post with new information once it's confirmed.

Edit #1: Regional/original variants are back in.
Edit #2: Hidden Abilities are back.
Edit #3: Added Weavile to the Knock Off list and the transfer list in case it ends up viable
Edit #4: Added the list of hidden abilities that are newly available
Just gonna quickly ask for everyone to wait some time for the metagame to develop before trying to ask for quickbans. That and to avoid posting 1 liners about how something is gonna be amazing/annoying. I also stated this in the OP, but I'll try and update it with whatever new info we get.
Pokemon Home is now available, and I decided to try and compile the notable changes we'll get for the mons viable in OU at this point in time. First and foremost, previously unavailable hidden abilities are now available on pokemon from generations 1 through 7. Also, these are the moves that are still unavailable and cannot be used even after pokemon home. Now let's move onto the move changes:

- Unaware
- Lightningrod
- Tinted Lens
- Water Absorb
- Rattled
- Insomnia
- Rain Dish
- Minus
- Hydration
- Flare Boost
- Heavy Metal
- Keen Eye
- Poison Touch
- Soundproof
- Prankster
- Telepathy
- Rivalry
- Simple
- Mold Breaker
- Mold Breaker
- Mold Breaker
- Storm Drain
- Swift Swim
- No Guard
- Prankster
- Competitive
- Pickpocket
- Sturdy
- Telepathy

This is in order of viability, so I'll start with the S rank mons and make my way down to C rank. I'm listing every transfer move and I know a majority of them are not worth using, but I'll go ahead and list them anyways. The only moves not included were Double Team and 1HKO moves.

S Rank
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Seismic Toss, Covet, Magic Coat, Last Resort, Knock Off, Role Play, Heal Bell, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Recycle, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Mud-slap, Rollout, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Soft-boiled, Dynamic Punch, Curse, Zap Cannon, Detect, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash

A+ Rank
- Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Magnet Rise, Shock Wave, Spite, After You, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Cut
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Rock Smash, Cut, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Take Down
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Swagger, Confide, Magnet Rise, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Roost, Torment, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dragon Tai, Swagger, Confide, Aqua Tail, Tailwind, Shock Wave, Spite, Defog, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength
- Roar, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Echoed Voice, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Aqua Tail, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Laser Focus
- Smack Down, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Magic Coat, Block, Knock Off, Pain Split, Water Pulse, Gastro Acid, Spite, After You

A Rank
- Smack Down, Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Force Palm, Block, Knock Off, Rock Smash, Strength
- Rollout, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Worry Seed, Block, Magnet Rise, Endeavor, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Torment, Explosion, Psych Up, Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Seismic Toss, Mega Drain, Knock Off, Role Play, Pain Split, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Take Down, Submission, Skull Bash
- Fury Attack, Aerial Ace, Torment, Psych Up, Swagger, Confide, Block, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Cut
- Infestation, Swagger, Confide, After You, Knock Off, Focus Punch, Endeavor, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength

A- Rank
- Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Headbutt
- Fairy Wind, Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Cut
- Toxic, Roost, Echoed Voice, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Magic Coat, Heal Bell, Tailwind, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Endeavor, Defog, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Pluck, Air Cutter, Mud-slap, Rollout, Twister, Headbutt

B+ Rank
- Toxic, Torment, Explosion, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Reflect, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Take Down
- Toxic, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Shock Wave, Defog
- Roar, Toxic, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Torment, Rock Polish, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Block, Aqua Tail, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Spite, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Headbutt, Double-edge, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Dragon Breath, Detect

B Rank
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Magnet Rise, Knock Off, Role Play, Spite, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut
- Vise Grip, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Water Pulse, Spite, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Counter, Mimic
- Toxic, Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Block, Pain Split, Rock Smash, Strength, String Shot, Headbutt
- Toxic, Torment, Swagger, Confide, Dual Chop, Last Resort, Tailwind, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength
- Fury Attack, Peck, Roar, Toxic, Swagger, Confide, Block, Knock Off, Endeavor, Rock Smash, Strength, Fury Cutter, Headbutt
- Rollout, Toxic, Explosion, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Gravity, Knock Off, Role Play, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, After You, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength
- Rollout, Toxic, Smack Down, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Seismic Toss, Power-up Punch, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, After You, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Psych Up, Zap Cannon, Harden, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash

B- Rank
- Roar, Toxic, Torment, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Water Pulse, Spite, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Zap Cannon, Dragon Breath, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Sky Attack, Pain Split, Defog, Laser Focus, Air Cutter, Twister, Double-edge, Mimic, Curse, Detect

C+ Rank
- Toxic, Flame Charge, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Acid, Shock Wave, Spite, Laser Focus, Incinerate
- Toxic, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Bind, Shock Wave, Spite
- Roar, Toxic, Roost, Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Torment, Flame Charge, Echoed Voice, Charge Beam, Quash, Explosion, Rock Polish, Aurora Veil, Psych Up, Frost Breath, Dragon Tail, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Seismic Toss, Mega Drain, Bug Bite, Covet, Super Fang, Dual Chop, Magic Coat, Block, Gravity, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Aqua Tail, Bind, Knock Off, Synthesis, Role Play, Heal Bell, Tailwind, Sky Attack, Pain Split, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Spite, After You, Endeavor, Recycle, Defog, Laser Focus, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Struggle bug, Rock Smash, Power-Up Punch, Cut, Strength, Pluck, Air Cutter, Fury Cutter, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Mud-slap, Rollout, Twister, String Shot, Double-edge, Counter, Mimic, Soft-boiled, Dynamic Punch, Defense Curl, Curse, Zap Cannon, Sweet Scent, Dragon Breath, Detect, Whirlwind,Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Psych Up, Swagger, Confide, Magic Coat, Bind, Laser Focus, Mud-slap, Double-edge, Mimic
- Toxic, Charge Beam, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Covet, Last Resort, Spite, After You
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Sky Attack, Shock Wave, Defog, Mud-slap, Double-edge, Mimic
- Fury Attack, Roar, Toxic, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Block, Aqua Tail, Focus Punch, Shock Wave, Spite, Endeavor, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Ancient Power, Mud-slap, Rollout, Headbutt

C Rank
- Roar, Toxic, Rock Polish, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Block, Water Pulse, After You, Rock Smash, Strength
- Roar, Toxic, Flame Charge, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mimic, Leer, Zap Cannon, Skull Bash
- Roar, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Swagger, Confide, Aqua Tail, Shock Wave, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Strength, Mud-slap, Headbutt, Double-edge, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch
- Quash, Psych Up, Confide, Block, Recycle
- Toxic, Roost, Aerial Ace, Psych Up, Infestation, Dream Eater, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Powder, Bug Bite, Last Resort, Tailwind, After You, Defog
- Toxic, Torment, Echoed Voice, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Heal Bell, Spite, Laser Focus, Cut, Sucker Punch, Headbutt, Mimic, Zap Cannon, Sweet Scent
-Roar, Toxic, Echoed Voice, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Reflect, Aqua Tail, Heal Bell, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Strength, Mimic, Mist, Bubble Beam, Skull Bash

C- Rank
- Toxic, Frost Breath, Swagger, Confide, Aurora Beam, Magic Coat, Water Pulse, Laser Focus
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Swagger, Confide, Headbutt, Teleport, Reflect, Superpower, Laser Focus, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Mimic, Curse, Dragon Breath, Skull Bash
- Toxic, Smack Down, Torment, Swagger, Nature Power, Confide, Laser Resort, Knock Off, Focus Punch, Gastro Acid, Endeavor, Recycle, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Rock Polish, Swagger, Confide, Endeavor, Hone Claws, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength
- Infestation, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Rock Smash, Strength, Mud-slap, Rollout, Headbutt, Double-edge, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Defense Curl
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Hone Claws, Struggle Bug, Cut, Fury Cutter, Sucker Punch, String Shot, Double-edge, Mimic

Not ranked but I'll list the following in case they turn out to be viable:
- Toxic, Aerial Ace, Torment, Psych Up, Dream Eater, Swagger, Confide, Focus Punch, Laser Focus, Rock Smash, Power-up Punch, Cut, Strength, Fury Cutter, Mud-slap, Headbutt

Soft-boiled:

Roost:

Defog:

Knock Off:

Toxic:

Here are the new Pokemon that are now available:

1. How do you guys feel about the changes Pokemon Home has brought us?
2. Is there anything in particular you believe to have great potential in the new OU metagame?
3. What are the biggest losers (if any) from these changes? In other words, what may face new competition and experience a decrease in usage?
4. I only listed the changes for pokemon viable in OU, but are there any other notable mons that may become OU after these changes? Try to not get carried away with this one.
5. Do you think any of the new Pokemon that are available have a place in OU? Why/why not?

I'll try and edit this post with new information once it's confirmed.

Edit #1: Regional/original variants are back in.
Edit #2: Hidden Abilities are back.
Edit #3: Added Weavile to the Knock Off list and the transfer list in case it ends up viable
Edit #4: Added the list of hidden abilities that are newly available

When will these be available to transfer from gone to swsh? Will there be a patch or when the package comes out.

The AV Melmetal set (which I'd thought was a great idea since before its release) is one I find you can swap out a lot (if not almost all) HP investment directly into its SpD, considering the AV boost and its gargantuan HP stat.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

It hits about as hard as you'd need it to, while having a SpD of 251 before the AV boost. Opted for the 16 Speed EVs for the ability to outspeed Toxapex and creep opposing Melmetal who do so as a bonus, but you can choose to remove some attack EVs for more bulk to hit other benchmarks if you so choose, at the cost of KOing mons like Dragapult 100% of the time (228). if I'd need to do so (it's just 4 after all). Also worth keeping in mind that while you lose some raw breaking power, you at least have the ability to Thunder Punch Corviknight & EQ on their Roosts to keep low, unlike CB which would get Roosted on repeatedly (and Rocky Helmet chipped, I could imagine). And of course, Wish support helps this stick around for way too long.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 103-123 (25 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 138-164 (33.5 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
228 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 318-374 (100.3 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 190-224 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 53.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 8 SpA Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 372-438 (90.5 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(you could opt for Rock Slide / potentially more HP investment to be able to avoid rolls on Specs Pult's Fire Blast but you get the idea. Set can be modified to hit benchmarks as you see fit, you get the idea – this has 0 HP.
EDIT: May just use the below set instead; sacrifices some special bulk for a bit more HP to aid with the physical side.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 148 HP / 92 Atk / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Another note is that Rocky Helmet Corviknight proves to do wonders vs CB Melmetal. Uses 2 of its 8 Double Iron Bashes on you as a result of Pressure & you can continually Roost and further use it as a practically guaranteed safe switch-in. Given that you remain out of range of CB Thunder Punch (which is 71% on a max physdef Corv), you can continue to Roost on it and win pretty much always considering all you need to do to beat Melmetal is do so – unless you get para full para'd.

Last edited:

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Hi! We got a bunch of gimmicky stuff and LGPE stuff with this update, so this is basically my time to shine :^ gonna share my thoughts on a few mons that haven't had enough or any discussion, then turn my attention to the nut in the room.

But first, it's time for a round of LGPE fact checking!
I agree with all but alolan dugtrio. I was thinking the other day how it found success in Let's GO as a stealth rock suicide lead to hanks to its steel typing and high speed. Planning to experiment with the possibility of it in SS OU once Showdown allows them to be tested despite Excadrill existing.
Alolan Dugtrio wasn't used as a suicide lead- that role is heavily discouraged in LGPE when there are plenty of mons that can set up Stealth Rock safely without sacrificing an entire slot. It was used because it had the fastest strong EQ other than regular Dugtrio and brought the benefits of really annoying Zapdos, which it can set rocks up on, and a double status immunity. I don't think it would be anywhere near as good here as removal is all over the place and Excadrill exists. Also it gets trapped by its brother which kind of sucks

Now for the interesting part!

:raichu-alola: (+:pincurchin:)
I've been waiting since the start of the gen for Raichu and this mon is actually kind of a menace. Electric/Psychic/Fighting coverage at +2, with a Life Orb, with the extra boost from E-Terrain is terrifying and a surprisingly easy thing to get set up, in no small part thanks to Pincurchin's ability to exploit tanks such as Ferrothorn that may prove awkward for Raichu by healing off its damage/using Memento for setup opportunities and setting up extremely valuable Spikes. I'd always recommend Terrain Extender on Pincurchin because otherwise the terrain just doesn't last long enough. Raichu doesn't need to set up to have value though- its speed in Electric Terrain is only contested by Barraskewda in Rain, meaning Raichu can act as an amazing revenge killer for these teams. With Electric Terrain also enabling Pokemon such as Zeraora and Hawlucha to function better, I can see this archetype having real potential as a cheesy sort of offense. volcanionisgood was using a variant of this sort of archetype at the top of the ladder yesterday, featuring Pincurchin/Raichu-A/Zeraora/Mandibuzz/Cobalion/Melmetal.
Of course, Raichu has the major issue of its bad bulk which makes any hit really significant, especially when it's taking Life Orb recoil too. It's also especially vulnerable to Sucker Punch, and Dugtrio can trap it if the terrain runs out. Regardless, a fun and surprisingly useful Mon.

:meltan:
Meltan is the first returning user of Magnet Pull, and it's... Not exactly what we're looking for. Due to its terrible movepool and pitiful offenses, its only hopes for trapping come from, well, PP stalling. Currently, the only OU (or really any tier) Steel-type Meltan can somewhat reliably trap is Ferrothorn, and in this case it has to resort to PP stalling. But who knows? Maybe if you build the most Ferrothorn-weak team ever, this could be useful as a 6th member. You're probably better off rebuilding your team at that point, but if you actually pull a successful trap off you gain massive clout so it might be worth a shot.
Here's the optimal set (as seen on Joey aka pokeaimmd's twitter):
woo yeah (Meltan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 4 Spe
- Acid Armor
- Tail Whip
- Toxic
- Rest

Meltan isn't compatible with Eviolite due to not evolving in-game so we have to settle for Leftovers, which is actually fine as it offsets Leech Seed. The provided Speed outruns all Ferrothorn variants you'll ever see while otherwise minimizing Gyro Ball damage.
Oh also Meltan can trap other Steels like Corviknight if you Trick them to Choice-lock, gimmicky but possible with several viable Trick users in the meta.

As for this old friend...
:melmetal:
Melmetal, in LGPE, almost always goes positive or even with its K/D in any given match. This is excusable there as Melmetal offers its vital talents as a physical Steel tank that keep the meta balanced, similar to Lando-T' s vitality as a blanket check in many previous metas. If this were the case in SwSh, a game with much more volatile win conditions and with less necessity for Melmetal's talents, I'd probably have to turn against it- but as is, many prominent Pokemon do give Melmetal some hassle. Examples include Corviknight, Rotom-Heat, Seismitoad, special Kyu-B, Rotom-Wash, Conkeldurr and probably several that I'm forgetting. It's also just as vulnerable to being worn down into range of a decent hit as it was in LGPE in most scenarios, although it is often less pressured to be used to check multiple threats in one game. Melmetal can of course adapt to some of its answers- Iron Defense sets exploit Corviknight and can even 1v1 a Conkeldurr that switches in on Iron Defense, Rock Slide decimates Rotom-Heat- but some are less easy to adapt to and this adaptation always comes at a cost. Also Iron Defense Body Press isn't as unbeatable as it's been made to sound- if you have an unfavorable matchup, sacking to revenge kill with something it's weak to (SE special attack) is a viable option, just like versus most other non-speed boosting sweepers.
Melmetal's strength, in my opinion, will always lie in its ability to really exploit its good matchups (which there are a lot of), rather than its ability to circumvent its bad matchups. Whether that level of exploitation is too powerful for OU remains to be seen I think.

tldr; Melmetal definitely has answers but it can also invalidate a ridiculous number of mons head on while exerting massive offensive pressure and threat on any switchin

Last edited:
Not gonna type to much as im on mobile atm but i figured I'd drop a few of my thought's.

general overall: While I'm happy to see more mons in the meta the return of knock off and toxic to alot of pokémon don't please me at all. Toxic while it will definitely make pokémon like umbreon better it'll push stuff like aegislash over the edge once more broken stuff (duggy, KB, dracovish) is gone. Knock off without megas is just gonna be annoying. Honestly minus dugtrio i was quite enjoying the previous meta but now. Its all out of whack.

kyurem black: This thing is just broken with dragon dance and boots since now it can bypass all the checks it had in previous gens on +1 and tanks most non fairy hit's. Melmetal is the only thing that checks it and jirachi is virtually the only revenge killer. Both are eliminated by dugtrio. Get this thing out of OU now.

Clefable: oh my sweet calm minding baby you got soft boiled back. Time to revive my t-wave calmmind set of yesteryear and have fun on the ladder. Now on a serious note clef minus a few certain broken mons is now nearly as good as she was in Oras. Toxic, knock off, soft boiled and un-aware just give her so many more options that'll just make her more used as the SS evolves.

Umbreon: Getting heal bell and toxic make it much better but still niche. The former tho makes it the only truely reliable check to aegislash now that subtoxic is a thing. Expect to see more as the meta evolves if aegi becomes problematic.

Aegislash: insert here we go again meme Sub toxic will most certainly push it over edge since now its unpredictability means only umbreon or a full health AV melmetal want to switch into most sets. Often paired with duggy and kyurem.

Melmetal: Probably my favorite addition of the new mons despite it's hatred of duggy. Decent power, great bulk and an over solid typing that lets it switch into attackers like kyurem while av let's it have fun with special attacker's. While kyurem is around definitely expect this.

Those are my early thoughts. Sorry i didn't post more but mobiles suck for big posts. Anyway despite my trepidations i do think once more broken stuff is gone the meta will be one we can look apon fondly but how it take's to get there is the question.

OK, I have played a few games and I think I can chip in with my two cents.

Venusaur: We're back to BW Sun Teams except now Venusaur has Weather Ball and Earth Power so losing HP Fire doesn't hurt so much. The unholy trio of Torkoal + Venu + Dugtrio means you can snipe Venu's checks and go to town. I'd go Timid to outpace Scarf Muskeeters and opposing Venu fwiw.

Kyu-B: This is actually very strong. Dragon Dance with base 170 Atk seems a little too much for OU. If you have hazard removers, you can even go Power Herb + Freeze Shock. Not fun.

Melmetal: This thing is just disgusting. With just 244 HP investment, it has the exact same physical bulk as 252 hp / 144 def + Arceus and the exact same special bulk as uninvested Mew. CB, AV and Acid Armor are the 3 options that has different ways to play so yeah you need to play carefully around it. Only thing holding it back is Dugtrio.

Aegislash: Just as good as it was before. Can pick and choose its counters now with Specs, Crumbler, SubToxic, etc. Get this thing out of here please.

Zeraora: Is this thing even good? I don't think it has done much against me but that might be because I play Sun teams.

Keldeo: Let's be honest; Keldeo sucks. If you go Choiced, you have the Water Absorb mons and Ghosts to worry about. Taunt + Calm Mind still loses to Sylveon and Clef and if you don't run Taunt, you get Thunder Waved or Toxiced.

Terrakion: On paper, this thing is incredibly threatening. Problem is it has a hard time sweeping because of Dugtrio unless you run Quick Attack (and no EQ means free switch-in for Aegislash). Choice sets are not ideal because of Ghosts and again, gets trapped by Dugtrio.

Jirachi: I didn't see this. Healing Wish is its main niche over Melmetal,I guess? The metagame with Dark spam and Ghosts + Dugtrio is incredibly unkind to it rn.

252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Heat: 174-205 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 237-281 (98.3 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

You'd have to give up either Superpower/Body Press, EQ, or Thunder Punch for this, but Melmetal can def still muscle past Rotom-H. And Assault Vest can live one Overheat at full health. Still a good check though.
Oh fuck I didn’t check for rock slide, you’d still need to be faster/full HP tho

Opinion Time!

Aegislash: My boy now has toxic again, this means that an older and meaner version of Aegislash exists again. SubToxic is incredibly hard to beat if you don't have any mons in your team that can take on Aegislash

Kyurem-B: You know what I used to like using Kyurem-B. Now I just want to see him quick banned. I wanted nothing more than to see him have a physical Ice Type move, now icicle spear with DD is just too powerful. This guy gotta go

Malmetal: Honestly I don't think he is too overpowered. There is definitely Pokemon who can at least provide decent checks. Earth Power Toad, Will-o-Wisp Rotom-H or Rotom-W, and any strong special attacker like CS Dragapult against non-AV sets can do the trick. Don't get me wrong Malmetal will be powerful in the meta, I don't see him getting banned though

Zeraora: Without the incessant ground types like Lando-T, Garchomp, and grass types like Tangrowth, Zeraora really shines here. Expert Belt or Life Orb with a wide moveset to choose from, including Plasma Fists, Play Rough, Close Combat, Knock Off, Grass Knot, and Volt Switch just to name a few. It becomes really hard to switch In on Zeraora, with such a wide moveset that 2HKO's a lot of the Metagame

... Why is it the cheese sets that keep occurring to me? Anyway, in the same "I hope this isn't a thing" vein as King's Rock Kyurem-B:
Melmetal @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch (or whatever else you want)
Choice Scarf Melmetal outruns everything fully invested up to base 75 (yes, this includes Jolly CB/Sub Vish) and clicks DIB for that sweet 51% flinch. It's actually really surprising how fast it is. That 8 PP limits its spamability, but while it lasts it can claim some surprise kills on slower wallbreakers and defensive mons that don't resist it.
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 652-772 (165.4 - 195.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery (Yep, that LO Fire Blast isn't going to help, thanks to Speed)
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mandibuzz: 242-288 (57 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (*flinch*)
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 156-186 (44 - 52.5%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (*flinch*)
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 164-194 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (*flinch**flinch*)
252 Atk Melmetal Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 564-664 (208.1 - 245%) -- guaranteed OHKO (You thought you were faster? Nope.)
252 Atk Melmetal Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Toxtricity: 628-740 (215.8 - 254.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (rip one point of Speed in it)
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 32 Def Corviknight: 196-232 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (If they are running the old set, this happens and you're faster, so they can't switch in)
252 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 146-174 (36.5 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock (worst case, they take a good chunk and you can either go into something else or take 70-85% off)
So...have fun with the hax.:facepalm:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
woo yeah (Meltan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 4 Spe
- Acid Armor
- Tail Whip
- Harden / Charge Beam
- Rest
1581609508667.png
Meltan can't learn Charge Beam last i've checked.

aside from that, I have my own opinions:

1581607923895.png
Terrak is an absolute demon. CB is what i've been experimenting with, but SD and SR look powerful as well. I could even see Scarf being a menace, but we'll have to wait for when Kyu-B gets banned so that we can see the meta develop further.

1581608129266.png
Keld I can foresee shaping up to be one of the best Pokémon in the Home metagame. CM sucks and gets bodied by everything in the meta rn, but Spec and Scarf look monstrous. I haven't seen rain much on the ladder, but I could see Keld carrying the play style on its back.

1581608339108.png
Kyu vanilla looks pretty outclassed by Kyu-B atm, but there is some cool stuff that 10 more points of SpA can do, especially once the box legendary gets banned. Specs and Metronome look like pains to switch in to, especially with the combination of Freeze Dry and Earth Power

1581608572831.png
Verizon could actually make its debut with a niche in OU this meta. The SD boosted combination of CC and Leaf Blade along with your choice of Stone Edgeor Sythesis looks like a headache for most standard Balance builds to deal with, especially once Kyu-B is ousted from the tier.

1581608883604.png
not a new mon, but Physically Defensive Torkoal actually might have a place in the Kyu-B, Melmetal, Physically offensive meta. Drought even helps in checking water types that are rising up line Mantine, Rotom-W, and Keld.

btw, here's a sun team I've been rolling around with that has a pretty decent matchup against the meta
1581608883604.png1581609263156.png1581609274327.png1581607923895.png 1581609305242.png 1581609329672.png

While the shiny new toy of Dragon Dance is fun on Kyurem Black, there are other options that look interesting.

:Kyurem-Black:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Icicle Spear
-Fusion Bolt
-Earth Power
-Roost

While I haven’t used it yet, it seems pretty decent on paper since it hits so hard. It trades sweeping potential for immediate power (assuming DD sets are running boots or lefties) and a better matchup against Rotom-Heat and non-AV Melmetal.

252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 174-210 (44.1 - 53.2%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Clef isn't safe. Also, Calc suggests Clef takes rocks damage when switching into Kyurem due to Teravolt? This calc is from the magic guard set.

252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 156-186 (44.3 - 52.8%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers

Same shit as Clef.

4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Earth Power vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 281-333 (59.6 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If it’s AV though...

4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 125-148 (26.3 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

Maybe Melmetal is just bullshit. Oh well.

JTD783 if you wanna dunk Melmetal, I’ve found that just altering EVs to knock Earth Power weak Steels helps some, though not with extreme defensive sets. Choice Band Melmetal with minimal bulk investment can be smacked pretty nicely, but extremely defensive sets (252/252+ is hella much for something that wants to maintain all of its Attack, but let’s go with it) would require EV reworking that compromises Kyurem-B’s Physical Attack. This matchup seems more like a “what gets popular and how can one outmatch the other without sacrificing their solid stats?” which is likely gonna get negated by them being potentially removed, but these are the cards dealt at the moment, so we gotta put up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)