Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
B>F>A>D=E
E>B>F>A=C=D
A>B>C>E>D
C>E>A>F>D
B>C>A>D=E>F
B>C>F>E>D
B>A=C=D=F
E>B>F>A>C>D
C>A=F>B=D=E
If we input this here, the resulting winner is team B by KiruxOnTheFlux. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Break!

As the Crown Tundra expansion is set to release today, we are going on a break to let the metagame settle a bit and to let some potential quickbans happen. Huge metagame shifts in the middle of the week would be detrimental to this project after all.
We will see you soon in Crown Tundra OU!​

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
We're back! I'm very excited to see the teams you guys will build in this new metagame.
Let's kick things off with one of the biggest threats that has returned with the DLC.

Week 18: Pheromosa

Pivot, wallbreaker, setup sweeper... Pheromosa can fulfill a wide variety of offensive roles. You have one week to submit a team featuring it. Good luck!​

:ss/pheromosa::ss/slowbro::ss/tyranitar::ss/moltres::ss/excadrill::ss/clefable:
(click here)

Pheromosa + Slowbro Sand Balance

This is one of my favorite teams that I've built up to this point; it combines two cores that are individually really potent and really strong when combined too. Pheromosa + Slowbro is easily one of the most potent cores in the metagame bar none; a Pheromosa backed by a Future Sight does not have good switch ins, and Pheromosa in particular can capitalize off Slowbro's Teleport so well thanks to its incredible Speed. I personally prefer Slowbro because the matchup against Pokemon like Garchomp, Blaziken, and Rock Slide Excadrill can be a little rough, but Slowking can definitely be used if you value having a better Tapu Lele check that can also use Teleport against Calm Mind Clefable more comfortably.

Tyranitar synergizes quite nicely with these two because it sets Stealth Rock, checks Heatran, resists Ghost, and helps out with Zapdos. Moltres is the general glue to a lot of cores like this; the utility that it provides is simply incredible. It can Defog and check opposing Pheromosa, while also easing the Melmetal and Excadrill matchup. The next obvious shout is definitely Excadrill; the team needs a Fairy-resistant Pokemon that can actually beat Calm Mind Clefable, as well as an Electric immune Pokemon and Speed control. Excadrill ticks off all these boxes and also synergizes nicely with this team because it isn't forced to run Rapid Spin thanks to Moltres. As a result, it can afford to run Rock Slide to overwhelm opposing Moltres, which is incredibly nice for Pheromosa. The last slot most definitely has to be a solid Urshifu-S check due to the teams lack of a reliable resist to its STABs; Clefable is the obvious shout. Calm Mind Clefable is one of the strongest winconditions around right now and because you have Slowbro + Pheromosa forcing damage onto Toxapex, it becomes pretty easy to overwhelm teams. This team does a lot for Clefable to make it so potent, too. Normally, Thunder Clefable is checked and held back by Pokemon like Melmetal and Excadrill. However with Moltres it becomes significantly harder for them to do this over the long-term, because every time they decide to use Double-Iron Bash or Iron Head, they risk getting burned.

Last edited:
:pheromosa: :slowbro: :dragapult: :melmetal: :swampert: :tornadus-therian:

Pheromosa @ Choice Band / Protective Pads
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Throat Chop

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Scald
- Slack Off

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Description:

You've heard of VoltTurn, so get ready for TurnPortTurnTurn.

I generally run Choice Band on my Pheromosa to ensure it nukes the living daylights out of virtually everything it touches, but there are so many potential countermeasures that punish Pheromosa for touching them (I.E. Tank Chomp aka. the best mon in OU IMO, Moltres, Zapdos, etc.) that I genuinely think that Protective Pads deserve some mention for making its BS extremely safe.

Slowbro is every fast, hard-hitting Fighting type's best friend and is this team's main physical wall; Teleport gets Pheromosa and its insanely strong teammates in with relative ease. Specs Dragapult is an incredibly good mon in this meta and acts as a secondary wincon against weakened slow teams and offers momentum with U-Turn; it can break past a bunch of would-be switchins to Phero and friends. Melmetal appreciates slow Flip Turns and Teleports alike, and with a Choice Band 2HKOs everything in the tier if it predicts well. It runs enough Speed to creep 156 Speed Clefable, killing it before it can cripple or hit it. Swampert acts as this team's mandatory Ground type, checking a bunch of Electrics, Physical breakers, and the like with ease, setting up Rocks, and slowly pivoting out into something offensive. Lastly, Nasty Plot Torn-T acts as a special breaker and Defogger for this team, and forms a Regenerator core with Slowbro.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Choice Band Pheromosa and Scale Shot Garchomp Bulky Offense

:clefable: :mandibuzz: :pheromosa: :slowbro: :garchomp: :kartana:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Poison Jab

Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Future Sight

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic

this team is built around choice band pheremosa with clefable and mandiuzz as bulky teammates. clefable has moonblast, soft-boiled, stealth rock and knock off, and is physically defensive to check opposing cb-pheromosa, it also checks urshifu-s, and furthermore can help in checking tyranitar. knock off is great utility alongside stealth rocks and soft-boiled gives clefable some necessary longevity. mandibuzz is the spectrier- and dragapult-check and it can also help clefable in checking urshifu-s. it has foul play for setup-sweepers, roost for longevity and also defog and u-turn where the latter of these 2 attacks helps with getting in a mon safely such as garchomp or pheromosa. speaking of pheromosa, this pheromosa has the choice band-item and u-turn as well as close combat as its 2 stab-moves, triple axel hits bulky ground- and flying-types well and poison jab is to lure in clefable and tapu fini, to hit them super effectively. slowbros defensive utility is highly appreciated by this team, as it can pressure opposing pokemon with future sight and scald alike, teleport helps with gaining slow momentum and gets in an appropiate teampartner safely. slowbro is also the melmetal check and can help versus rain-teams which have urshifu-r and barraskewda. the 5th member is garchomp with sub+sd-set, it has scale shot and earthquake as its 2 stab-options and behind a sub it can swords dance up safely, lum berry is for possible stats-conditions such as burn or poison. the last member is choice scarf-kartana which gives this team necessary speed control and a 2nd check to rain-teams, kartana has its 2 stab moves in leaf blade and smart strike, furthermore it can pressure opposing fairies with a strong smart strike, sacred sword hits steel-types such as ferrothorn, heatran, and melmetal and the last slot is reserved for luring in pokemon such as tornadus-t and zapdos to put them on a timer.

Last edited:

Avendesora

"I'm no bloody hero!"
is a Tiering Contributor
Turning your sight around (Specs Pheromosa Volt Turn)

This is a team built around specs pheromosa. I chose to build this team around this potent threat because it has a lot of raw power. Moreover, with the propper support and thanks to having access to U-turn, it makes Pheromosa a huge wallbreaker that I enjoy using a lot personally.
The first thing that came to my mind when I started building this team, was, of course, Toxapex. Toxapex can shrug all of Pheromosas attacks without issues. So, the mon I added to make this match-up easier is Slowbro. Slowbro helps Pheromosa in two main ways: it spams Scald burning the opposing team, and it uses Future Sight so common Pokemon that would switch against Pheromosa confortably can't do so anymore. It also has the great combo of Teleport + Regenerator, which enables Slowbro to heal itself while also letting other Pokemon on the team switch-in safely.
Next, I wanted something that could set up Stealth Rock, while also being offensive. I finally settled on Heatran, who gives this team Stealth Rock, but can also use Magma Storm to trap opposing threats and let Future Sight shenanigans pull through. I chose Toxic as the last slot, because this team values all the chip damage you can get.
It was time to finish the Fire- Water- Grass core, and also the defensive backbone of the team. The Grass-type I chose was Ferrothorn. It gives the team a way to set up Spikes, a Knock Off user (which the team lacked at that point) and a semi-reliable check to Spectrier. The EV spread this Ferrothorn has makes it live 2 Specs Shadow Balls from Spectrier (or 2 Shadow Balls from scarfed, with one boost) from full.
I felt like this team needed a Ground-type and bit of Speed, because even though Pheromosa is really fast, the rest of the team lacked Speed overall. So there came Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian filled a lot of roles this team needed such as being a Ground-type, being a Ground immunity, having access to Defog, having access to U-turn and being really fast.
Lastly, I saw that this team had a really huge weakness to Urshifu clicking Wicked Blow. One of the Pokemon that can check Urshifu while also being useful for the team was Clefable. Being able to use Calm Mind, Clefable can be a very threatening sweeper. However, this is not the only thing this pink demon can do. By spaming Thunder, it can paralice the opposing team to make it easier for the other Pokemon to put in work while also being a really nice response to Toxapex.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/57a4181bdfe29c97

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Band Pheromosa Balance:
(Click here for the team)

:Pheromosa: :Spectrier: :Clefable: :Swampert: :Heatran: :Ferrothorn:

Pheromosa.full.2165564.jpg

The first mon of the team (of course, the theme of the conters is to build with it), and i chosed the Band set, for it's sheer power. Triple Axel allow to at least pretty often kill Landorus-T and other threats such as the dragons types, etc... (Also, the damages U-Turn does here is just so ridiculously high). The Adamant Nature is here to boost attack instead of speed, since it's already one of the faster mons in the metagame.

1f5e7df95e3095b9938aff2cdb93ce76.jpg

Then, I immediatly thought about adding Spectrier. The synergy those two share is insanely threatening, Pheromosa being able to kill very easily Dark and Normal types that could annoy Spectrier, Spectrier kill easily Ghost types that could somewhat annoy Pheromosa when locked on Close Combat, and the two hitting on opposite sides.

Clefable.full.2041173.jpg

I then wanted a safe switch-in to Urshifu, and an answer to water types. Clefable was the first choice that came in mind for the Urshifu problem. When I added it, the set I wanted to put was going to be defensive, but I then had a thought. Calm Mind Clefable is amazing. It hits really hard, especially with Life Orb. Moonblast allow to check Dragons types more reliably, and T Bolt checks water types (except the occasionnel Water-Ground type like Swampert, which can:t really tank the other attacks or the other offensive mons in the team). Psychic is there for the occasional non Toxapex Poison type, like Nidoking.

14fc39028c4f7179bfb384edf668faf5.jpg

I then got to work on the defensive core. My main wish was to take a ground type, because i don't want to get 6-0 by Eleki, of course. When I looked at the OU ground types, the one that I thought would work the best as a defensive mon was Swampert, as I also needed a way of getting the momentum, which this team benefits, and a stealth rock setters (i could have chosed almost any ground/rock type for that i know). Swampert is able to do those three things very well, with it's good defensive stats, access to Flip Turn and SR. It's also another counter to Toxapex.

669dc3db56b6556ca7d317f4b9a09bae.jpg

To continue the defensive core, i then thought about Heatran. Whith it's excellent defensive typing and stats, it can easily switch in on most attacks that aren't ground type. It can also stops set-up with Taunt, or hazards, and can put Stealth rock again if it was removed and Swampert couldn't come. It's also viable as an offensive counter to some mons, like ferrothorn.
3036e13b0f498dd4d1d8d0f348cff836.png

The last member of the team ends the defensive Water-Fire-Grass core, by being a really bulky mon (I didn't know how to finush that sentence properly). It's great bulk and typing, coupled with the heal from leflovers and Leech Seed, makes it a long-lasting mon, which can switch into attacks fairly easily, put spikes for helping the offensive core, and can still pit some damage on the opposing team with Body Press and it's high Defense stat.

I'm personnally really enjoying using this team on the ladder, and found participating on this competition really enjoyable, be it the teambuilding process, finding nicknames, writing the descriptions... Pheromosa is truly the best mon in the team, most of the time i'm looking at te opposing team when choosing my lead, and I just think: "I can just lead with Pherromosa and either do great damage, kill a pokemon, or if he guess my lead, just switch out freely". It's incredible how much damage this thing can do, just leading with it and using U-Turn is almost guaranteed to do 25% or more to a mon.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Quiver Dance Pheromosa Toxic Spikes Balance
| :ss/pheromosa::ss/rillaboom::ss/zapdos::ss/incineroar::ss/swampert::ss/weezing-galar: |
For those of you that know me, you are all likely fairly familiar with my tendency to experiment quite a bit when it comes to potential Pokemon and set options in the tier. With this team, I really wanted to build around the rising Quiver Dance Pheromosa. I had a plan with this team operating behind a very effective aspect behind offensive pressure: forced switches. Quiver Dance Pheromosa is a Pokemon whose set-up opportunities are very based on forced switches, so I wanted to create a team that was able to pressure and even encourage them to open up for a Pheromosa/Rillaboom endgame. This team is filled with Pokemon with powerful, somewhat polarizing options (such as with Choice Band Rillaboom) that are able to force specific switch-ins, which I wanted to use this to my advantage. For that, I decided to make use of Toxic Spikes as a way to punish switches more passively, while also being able to maintain momentum with my FWG core.

I hovered around a bit with options like Regieleki and Toxapex at first, but after a discussion in the OU Discord, I discovered that Weezing-Galar plugged itself in almost perfectly as a great Urshifu check that is able to pressure Ferrothorn with Fire-type coverage. Additionally, with Neutralizing Gas, I am able to lay down pressure against bulky Fairy-types such as Clefable and Tapu Fini that are difficult to chip down otherwise to enable Pheromosa in the lategame. As my Toxic Spikes setter, it puts out a lot of work, and is a fairly strong component on this team with the support of Grassy Terrain to keep it healthy and to take on Earthquake spam. I was very adamant on getting Regieleki to work, but I realized how prone my own team was to being shut down and how reliant my team was on double switches. While it worked, it was fairly inconsistent, and in offensive matchups, I found myself severely pressured.

I ultimately settled on this version of the team, which is very good at pivoting around on forced switches, buttering up the opponent, and aiming for a Pheromosa endgame.

:ss/pheromosa:
Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Shock Wave
- Focus Blast

The star of the show: Quiver Dance Pheromosa. This set is fairly standard at this point, and is a surprisingly potent cleaner in this metagame that is able to take advantage of the menace that is its U-turn variant. There isn't really too much to say about this set, as I'm sure you are all fairly familiar with the makeup of it. Ice Beam + Shock Wave gives Pheromosa BoltBeam coverage, and Focus Blast is a reliable STAB option able to batter special walls such as Blissey and Tyranitar. Additionally, due to Pheromosa's amazing speed tier, this set can work as a strong special breaker even without Quiver Dance to enable Rillaboom for an endgame of its own. It is greatly supported with strong pivoting options, which makes it a perfect set to build around with a more momentum based team.

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rillaboom is arguably the most important component to this team, able to invite in things like Zapdos, Moltres, Heatran, and Mandibuzz. It is supremely good at forcing switches, and is an extremely potent wallbreaker that can take games just as readily as Pheromosa. It makes phenomenal use of the Toxic Spikes support Weezing-Galar lays out for it, and is a great revenge killer for the same reason. It provides my team with Grassy Terrain support as well, which Incineroar, Swampert, and Weezing-Galar make great use of.

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos is a team member I was more reluctant on adding due to how polarizing Regieleki was in my initial build, but one that compresses a good U-turn deterrent, Melmetal check, a Flying-type, removal, and a Toxapex check all in one package. It pairs very well with Rillaboom and Swampert, providing them with a good emergency switch-in and also a Defog user if the team needs to alleviate hazard pressure. Its STAB Hurricanes, even uninvested, sting Ground-type switch-ins. Most prominently, however, is the fact that it invites in Blissey and Tyranitar, which Pheromosa terrifies with the threat of STAB CC/U-turn, giving it a Quiver Dance opportunity. While providing me with a good defensive backbone, it gives me useful utility that cannot go unstated.

:ss/incineroar:
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

Incineroar's role on my team is to act as a specially bulky defensive pivot that can dish out Knock Off pressure and status. Incineroar seems like an extremely odd option, but it's ultimately one that I adore to bits, as it puts out a lot of pressure against Ferrothorn while providing my team with additional Knock Off utility and a good Spectrier counter as Incineroar is impervious to Will-O-Wisp and resistant to Shadow Ball/Hex/Dark Pulse. Will-O-Wisp support is also greatly helpful for alleviating pressure off of Rillaboom, providing it with easier hard switch-in opportunities; though, I've had good success with Toxic as well. In this build, I chose Overheat over Flare Blitz, since Incineroar taking Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs/Rough Skin chip damage is severely detrimental for it, and it is capable of pressuring Landorus-T much more readily on the switch-in. Incineroar pairs phenomenally with Grassy Terrain support as well.

:ss/swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- High Horsepower
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Swampert in tandem with Zapdos and Incineroar is, simply put, amazing. It provides me with a good Electric immunity and an incredible option against Landorus-T/Heatran that my team can struggle with. It is my Stealth Rock setter as well, and with Grassy Terrain support, it has surprising longevity and rounds out my FWG. Swampert's strong defensive and offensive matchups can force a myriad of switches on vital opponents like Heatran and Landorus-T, while also being able to pressure them reliably. Most Swamperts tend to run Toxic, but I've found Scald to be a better option on this team for its ability to reliably pressure Landorus-T and threaten burns on Ferrothorn. High Horsepower is a given due to Grassy Terrain mitigating the power of Earthquake.

:ss/weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split / Toxic
- Strange Steam / Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Weezing-Galar is the other star of the show, and an amazing backbone to the team that also provides me with a Fairy-type and a badass Toxic Spikes setter thanks to Neutralizing Gas mitigating abilities such as Regenerator, Misty Surge, Levitate, and Magic Guard. Something about it that is also awesome is that it has access to Fire-type coverage, allowing for it to pressure Ferrothorn and non-Smart Strike Kartanas effectively. It is my Urshifu-SS answer as well, and reliably checks it and the myriad of Dragon-types in the tier with Strange Steam. Toxic Spikes is a core component to the make of my build, allowing for me to dish out major pressure with the many forced switches my team is able to create with its polarizing matchups and momentum options. Weezing-Galar also greatly appreciates the terrain support, gaining a neutrality to Earthquake and more recovery.

Pain Split can be slotted out for Toxic against Flying-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Moltres, and Zapdos, but I find Pain Split to be better simply because it lets Weezing-Galar survive much longer, especially with the aid of Grassy Terrain. Sludge Bomb lets it pressure Tapu Fini and Clefable as well, but 9/10 you will want Strange Steam, as Toxic Spikes pressures the both of them anyway.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Quiver Dance Pheromosa pivot spam Balance

[click here for the team]

You guys know I love Quiver Dance Pheromosa, you should if you read my post where I basically wrote an entire novel about my love on this Pokemon in the OU discussion thread. So I decided to build a team around it. I decided to make it post around the synergy of Rillaboom + Zapdos and how they build up offensive pressure along with Flip Turn and Teleport from Blissey and Swampert. So I started off with the standard QD Mosa set, and next I put Swampert for both rocks and a Volt Blocker, which is pretty important as with the combination of Swampert + Helmet Buzzwole and Static Zapdos, opposing VoltTurn can be punished pretty well. Blissey is my special sponge on a team that would otherwise get 1 shot by stuff like Latios and Specs Magearna, as well as being unable to consistently play around Nidoking.

Now here come my stars of the show outside of QD Mosa. Rillaboom and Zapdos, I need these 2 Pokemon quite a lot, especially Rillaboom because I'm going to be using that for most of my offensive pressure outside of Pheromosa, not to mention the fact that its able to revenge kill stuff like Spectrier, Urshifu, even opposing Pheromosa depending on the role is outstanding, as well as the fact that it can bait things like Corviknight, Buzzwole and Heatran and use them for momentum, whether its switching into Swampert and continuing the momentum with Flip Turn, or bringing in Zapdos, which does completes the VoltTurn combo and threatens the Pokemon that Rillaboom baits in, especially Buzzwole and Corviknight, which can then just become pawns for momentum and thus a cycle of offensive pressure and chip damage begins, which is what the team is all about after all. However, the way they support Pheromosa due to this is great because the consistent chip from this can put stuff like Clefable and Tapu Fini in Pheromosa range.

Finally we have Buzzwole, this Pokemon makes for the physical defensive backbone by providing a real check to stuff like Urshifu, Rillaboom, Garchomp and Melmetal, especially the former because I straight up get my team 6-0d by Wicked Blow without a good enough resist and Buzzwole gives this team exactly that.

Ruft

OU Leader
Time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Jordy
:ss/pheromosa::ss/slowbro::ss/tyranitar::ss/moltres::ss/excadrill::ss/clefable:
(click here)

Pheromosa + Slowbro Sand Balance

This is one of my favorite teams that I've built up to this point; it combines two cores that are individually really potent and really strong when combined too. Pheromosa + Slowbro is easily one of the most potent cores in the metagame bar none; a Pheromosa backed by a Future Sight does not have good switch ins, and Pheromosa in particular can capitalize off Slowbro's Teleport so well thanks to its incredible Speed. I personally prefer Slowbro because the matchup against Pokemon like Garchomp, Blaziken, and Rock Slide Excadrill can be a little rough, but Slowking can definitely be used if you value having a better Tapu Lele check that can also use Teleport against Calm Mind Clefable more comfortably.

Tyranitar synergizes quite nicely with these two because it sets Stealth Rock, checks Heatran, resists Ghost, and helps out with Zapdos. Moltres is the general glue to a lot of cores like this; the utility that it provides is simply incredible. It can Defog and check opposing Pheromosa, while also easing the Melmetal and Excadrill matchup. The next obvious shout is definitely Excadrill; the team needs a Fairy-resistant Pokemon that can actually beat Calm Mind Clefable, as well as an Electric immune Pokemon and Speed control. Excadrill ticks off all these boxes and also synergizes nicely with this team because it isn't forced to run Rapid Spin thanks to Moltres. As a result, it can afford to run Rock Slide to overwhelm opposing Moltres, which is incredibly nice for Pheromosa. The last slot most definitely has to be a solid Urshifu-S check due to the teams lack of a reliable resist to its STABs; Clefable is the obvious shout. Calm Mind Clefable is one of the strongest winconditions around right now and because you have Slowbro + Pheromosa forcing damage onto Toxapex, it becomes pretty easy to overwhelm teams. This team does a lot for Clefable to make it so potent, too. Normally, Thunder Clefable is checked and held back by Pokemon like Melmetal and Excadrill. However with Moltres it becomes significantly harder for them to do this over the long-term, because every time they decide to use Double-Iron Bash or Iron Head, they risk getting burned.
Team B by Dreadfury
:pheromosa: :slowbro: :dragapult: :melmetal: :swampert: :tornadus-therian:

Pheromosa @ Choice Band / Protective Pads
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Throat Chop

Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Scald
- Slack Off

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Description:

You've heard of VoltTurn, so get ready for TurnPortTurnTurn.

I generally run Choice Band on my Pheromosa to ensure it nukes the living daylights out of virtually everything it touches, but there are so many potential countermeasures that punish Pheromosa for touching them (I.E. Tank Chomp aka. the best mon in OU IMO, Moltres, Zapdos, etc.) that I genuinely think that Protective Pads deserve some mention for making its BS extremely safe.

Slowbro is every fast, hard-hitting Fighting type's best friend and is this team's main physical wall; Teleport gets Pheromosa and its insanely strong teammates in with relative ease. Specs Dragapult is an incredibly good mon in this meta and acts as a secondary wincon against weakened slow teams and offers momentum with U-Turn; it can break past a bunch of would-be switchins to Phero and friends. Melmetal appreciates slow Flip Turns and Teleports alike, and with a Choice Band 2HKOs everything in the tier if it predicts well. It runs enough Speed to creep 156 Speed Clefable, killing it before it can cripple or hit it. Swampert acts as this team's mandatory Ground type, checking a bunch of Electrics, Physical breakers, and the like with ease, setting up Rocks, and slowly pivoting out into something offensive. Lastly, Nasty Plot Torn-T acts as a special breaker and Defogger for this team, and forms a Regenerator core with Slowbro.
Team C by Katy
Choice Band Pheromosa and Scale Shot Garchomp Bulky Offense

:clefable: :mandibuzz: :pheromosa: :slowbro: :garchomp: :kartana:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Poison Jab

Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Future Sight

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic

this team is built around choice band pheremosa with clefable and mandiuzz as bulky teammates. clefable has moonblast, soft-boiled, stealth rock and knock off, and is physically defensive to check opposing cb-pheromosa, it also checks urshifu-s, and furthermore can help in checking tyranitar. knock off is great utility alongside stealth rocks and soft-boiled gives clefable some necessary longevity. mandibuzz is the spectrier- and dragapult-check and it can also help clefable in checking urshifu-s. it has foul play for setup-sweepers, roost for longevity and also defog and u-turn where the latter of these 2 attacks helps with getting in a mon safely such as garchomp or pheromosa. speaking of pheromosa, this pheromosa has the choice band-item and u-turn as well as close combat as its 2 stab-moves, triple axel hits bulky ground- and flying-types well and poison jab is to lure in clefable and tapu fini, to hit them super effectively. slowbros defensive utility is highly appreciated by this team, as it can pressure opposing pokemon with future sight and scald alike, teleport helps with gaining slow momentum and gets in an appropiate teampartner safely. slowbro is also the melmetal check and can help versus rain-teams which have urshifu-r and barraskewda. the 5th member is garchomp with sub+sd-set, it has scale shot and earthquake as its 2 stab-options and behind a sub it can swords dance up safely, lum berry is for possible stats-conditions such as burn or poison. the last member is choice scarf-kartana which gives this team necessary speed control and a 2nd check to rain-teams, kartana has its 2 stab moves in leaf blade and smart strike, furthermore it can pressure opposing fairies with a strong smart strike, sacred sword hits steel-types such as ferrothorn, heatran, and melmetal and the last slot is reserved for luring in pokemon such as tornadus-t and zapdos to put them on a timer.
Team D by LockedBeast
Turning your sight around (Specs Pheromosa Volt Turn)

This is a team built around specs pheromosa. I chose to build this team around this potent threat because it has a lot of raw power. Moreover, with the propper support and thanks to having access to U-turn, it makes Pheromosa a huge wallbreaker that I enjoy using a lot personally.
The first thing that came to my mind when I started building this team, was, of course, Toxapex. Toxapex can shrug all of Pheromosas attacks without issues. So, the mon I added to make this match-up easier is Slowbro. Slowbro helps Pheromosa in two main ways: it spams Scald burning the opposing team, and it uses Future Sight so common Pokemon that would switch against Pheromosa confortably can't do so anymore. It also has the great combo of Teleport + Regenerator, which enables Slowbro to heal itself while also letting other Pokemon on the team switch-in safely.
Next, I wanted something that could set up Stealth Rock, while also being offensive. I finally settled on Heatran, who gives this team Stealth Rock, but can also use Magma Storm to trap opposing threats and let Future Sight shenanigans pull through. I chose Toxic as the last slot, because this team values all the chip damage you can get.
It was time to finish the Fire- Water- Grass core, and also the defensive backbone of the team. The Grass-type I chose was Ferrothorn. It gives the team a way to set up Spikes, a Knock Off user (which the team lacked at that point) and a semi-reliable check to Spectrier. The EV spread this Ferrothorn has makes it live 2 Specs Shadow Balls from Spectrier (or 2 Shadow Balls from scarfed, with one boost) from full.
I felt like this team needed a Ground-type and bit of Speed, because even though Pheromosa is really fast, the rest of the team lacked Speed overall. So there came Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian filled a lot of roles this team needed such as being a Ground-type, being a Ground immunity, having access to Defog, having access to U-turn and being really fast.
Lastly, I saw that this team had a really huge weakness to Urshifu clicking Wicked Blow. One of the Pokemon that can check Urshifu while also being useful for the team was Clefable. Being able to use Calm Mind, Clefable can be a very threatening sweeper. However, this is not the only thing this pink demon can do. By spaming Thunder, it can paralice the opposing team to make it easier for the other Pokemon to put in work while also being a really nice response to Toxapex.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/57a4181bdfe29c97
Team E by Magmajudis
Band Pheromosa Balance:
(Click here for the team)

:Pheromosa: :Spectrier: :Clefable: :Swampert: :Heatran: :Ferrothorn:

View attachment 293033

The first mon of the team (of course, the theme of the conters is to build with it), and i chosed the Band set, for it's sheer power. Triple Axel allow to at least pretty often kill Landorus-T and other threats such as the dragons types, etc... (Also, the damages U-Turn does here is just so ridiculously high). The Adamant Nature is here to boost attack instead of speed, since it's already one of the faster mons in the metagame.

View attachment 293034

Then, I immediatly thought about adding Spectrier. The synergy those two share is insanely threatening, Pheromosa being able to kill very easily Dark and Normal types that could annoy Spectrier, Spectrier kill easily Ghost types that could somewhat annoy Pheromosa when locked on Close Combat, and the two hitting on opposite sides.

View attachment 293035
I then wanted a safe switch-in to Urshifu, and an answer to water types. Clefable was the first choice that came in mind for the Urshifu problem. When I added it, the set I wanted to put was going to be defensive, but I then had a thought. Calm Mind Clefable is amazing. It hits really hard, especially with Life Orb. Moonblast allow to check Dragons types more reliably, and T Bolt checks water types (except the occasionnel Water-Ground type like Swampert, which can:t really tank the other attacks or the other offensive mons in the team). Psychic is there for the occasional non Toxapex Poison type, like Nidoking.

View attachment 293037
I then got to work on the defensive core. My main wish was to take a ground type, because i don't want to get 6-0 by Eleki, of course. When I looked at the OU ground types, the one that I thought would work the best as a defensive mon was Swampert, as I also needed a way of getting the momentum, which this team benefits, and a stealth rock setters (i could have chosed almost any ground/rock type for that i know). Swampert is able to do those three things very well, with it's good defensive stats, access to Flip Turn and SR. It's also another counter to Toxapex.

View attachment 293039
To continue the defensive core, i then thought about Heatran. Whith it's excellent defensive typing and stats, it can easily switch in on most attacks that aren't ground type. It can also stops set-up with Taunt, or hazards, and can put Stealth rock again if it was removed and Swampert couldn't come. It's also viable as an offensive counter to some mons, like ferrothorn.
View attachment 293040
The last member of the team ends the defensive Water-Fire-Grass core, by being a really bulky mon (I didn't know how to finush that sentence properly). It's great bulk and typing, coupled with the heal from leflovers and Leech Seed, makes it a long-lasting mon, which can switch into attacks fairly easily, put spikes for helping the offensive core, and can still pit some damage on the opposing team with Body Press and it's high Defense stat.

I'm personnally really enjoying using this team on the ladder, and found participating on this competition really enjoyable, be it the teambuilding process, finding nicknames, writing the descriptions... Pheromosa is truly the best mon in the team, most of the time i'm looking at te opposing team when choosing my lead, and I just think: "I can just lead with Pherromosa and either do great damage, kill a pokemon, or if he guess my lead, just switch out freely". It's incredible how much damage this thing can do, just leading with it and using U-Turn is almost guaranteed to do 25% or more to a mon.
Team F by Ausma
Quiver Dance Pheromosa Toxic Spikes Balance
| :ss/pheromosa::ss/rillaboom::ss/zapdos::ss/incineroar::ss/swampert::ss/weezing-galar: |
For those of you that know me, you are all likely fairly familiar with my tendency to experiment quite a bit when it comes to potential Pokemon and set options in the tier. With this team, I really wanted to build around the rising Quiver Dance Pheromosa. I had a plan with this team operating behind a very effective aspect behind offensive pressure: forced switches. Quiver Dance Pheromosa is a Pokemon whose set-up opportunities are very based on forced switches, so I wanted to create a team that was able to pressure and even encourage them to open up for a Pheromosa/Rillaboom endgame. This team is filled with Pokemon with powerful, somewhat polarizing options (such as with Choice Band Rillaboom) that are able to force specific switch-ins, which I wanted to use this to my advantage. For that, I decided to make use of Toxic Spikes as a way to punish switches more passively, while also being able to maintain momentum with my FWG core.

I hovered around a bit with options like Regieleki and Toxapex at first, but after a discussion in the OU Discord, I discovered that Weezing-Galar plugged itself in almost perfectly as a great Urshifu check that is able to pressure Ferrothorn with Fire-type coverage. Additionally, with Neutralizing Gas, I am able to lay down pressure against bulky Fairy-types such as Clefable and Tapu Fini that are difficult to chip down otherwise to enable Pheromosa in the lategame. As my Toxic Spikes setter, it puts out a lot of work, and is a fairly strong component on this team with the support of Grassy Terrain to keep it healthy and to take on Earthquake spam. I was very adamant on getting Regieleki to work, but I realized how prone my own team was to being shut down and how reliant my team was on double switches. While it worked, it was fairly inconsistent, and in offensive matchups, I found myself severely pressured.

I ultimately settled on this version of the team, which is very good at pivoting around on forced switches, buttering up the opponent, and aiming for a Pheromosa endgame.

:ss/pheromosa:
Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Shock Wave
- Focus Blast

The star of the show: Quiver Dance Pheromosa. This set is fairly standard at this point, and is a surprisingly potent cleaner in this metagame that is able to take advantage of the menace that is its U-turn variant. There isn't really too much to say about this set, as I'm sure you are all fairly familiar with the makeup of it. Ice Beam + Shock Wave gives Pheromosa BoltBeam coverage, and Focus Blast is a reliable STAB option able to batter special walls such as Blissey and Tyranitar. Additionally, due to Pheromosa's amazing speed tier, this set can work as a strong special breaker even without Quiver Dance to enable Rillaboom for an endgame of its own. It is greatly supported with strong pivoting options, which makes it a perfect set to build around with a more momentum based team.

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rillaboom is arguably the most important component to this team, able to invite in things like Zapdos, Moltres, Heatran, and Mandibuzz. It is supremely good at forcing switches, and is an extremely potent wallbreaker that can take games just as readily as Pheromosa. It makes phenomenal use of the Toxic Spikes support Weezing-Galar lays out for it, and is a great revenge killer for the same reason. It provides my team with Grassy Terrain support as well, which Incineroar, Swampert, and Weezing-Galar make great use of.

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos is a team member I was more reluctant on adding due to how polarizing Regieleki was in my initial build, but one that compresses a good U-turn deterrent, Melmetal check, a Flying-type, removal, and a Toxapex check all in one package. It pairs very well with Rillaboom and Swampert, providing them with a good emergency switch-in and also a Defog user if the team needs to alleviate hazard pressure. Its STAB Hurricanes, even uninvested, sting Ground-type switch-ins. Most prominently, however, is the fact that it invites in Blissey and Tyranitar, which Pheromosa terrifies with the threat of STAB CC/U-turn, giving it a Quiver Dance opportunity. While providing me with a good defensive backbone, it gives me useful utility that cannot go unstated.

:ss/incineroar:
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

Incineroar's role on my team is to act as a specially bulky defensive pivot that can dish out Knock Off pressure and status. Incineroar seems like an extremely odd option, but it's ultimately one that I adore to bits, as it puts out a lot of pressure against Ferrothorn while providing my team with additional Knock Off utility and a good Spectrier counter as Incineroar is impervious to Will-O-Wisp and resistant to Shadow Ball/Hex/Dark Pulse. Will-O-Wisp support is also greatly helpful for alleviating pressure off of Rillaboom, providing it with easier hard switch-in opportunities; though, I've had good success with Toxic as well. In this build, I chose Overheat over Flare Blitz, since Incineroar taking Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs/Rough Skin chip damage is severely detrimental for it, and it is capable of pressuring Landorus-T much more readily on the switch-in. Incineroar pairs phenomenally with Grassy Terrain support as well.

:ss/swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- High Horsepower
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Swampert in tandem with Zapdos and Incineroar is, simply put, amazing. It provides me with a good Electric immunity and an incredible option against Landorus-T/Heatran that my team can struggle with. It is my Stealth Rock setter as well, and with Grassy Terrain support, it has surprising longevity and rounds out my FWG. Swampert's strong defensive and offensive matchups can force a myriad of switches on vital opponents like Heatran and Landorus-T, while also being able to pressure them reliably. Most Swamperts tend to run Toxic, but I've found Scald to be a better option on this team for its ability to reliably pressure Landorus-T and threaten burns on Ferrothorn. High Horsepower is a given due to Grassy Terrain mitigating the power of Earthquake.

:ss/weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split / Toxic
- Strange Steam / Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Weezing-Galar is the other star of the show, and an amazing backbone to the team that also provides me with a Fairy-type and a badass Toxic Spikes setter thanks to Neutralizing Gas mitigating abilities such as Regenerator, Misty Surge, Levitate, and Magic Guard. Something about it that is also awesome is that it has access to Fire-type coverage, allowing for it to pressure Ferrothorn and non-Smart Strike Kartanas effectively. It is my Urshifu-SS answer as well, and reliably checks it and the myriad of Dragon-types in the tier with Strange Steam. Toxic Spikes is a core component to the make of my build, allowing for me to dish out major pressure with the many forced switches my team is able to create with its polarizing matchups and momentum options. Weezing-Galar also greatly appreciates the terrain support, gaining a neutrality to Earthquake and more recovery.

Pain Split can be slotted out for Toxic against Flying-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Moltres, and Zapdos, but I find Pain Split to be better simply because it lets Weezing-Galar survive much longer, especially with the aid of Grassy Terrain. Sludge Bomb lets it pressure Tapu Fini and Clefable as well, but 9/10 you will want Strange Steam, as Toxic Spikes pressures the both of them anyway.
Team G by Zneon
Quiver Dance Pheromosa pivot spam Balance

[click here for the team]

You guys know I love Quiver Dance Pheromosa, you should if you read my post where I basically wrote an entire novel about my love on this Pokemon in the OU discussion thread. So I decided to build a team around it. I decided to make it post around the synergy of Rillaboom + Zapdos and how they build up offensive pressure along with Flip Turn and Teleport from Blissey and Swampert. So I started off with the standard QD Mosa set, and next I put Swampert for both rocks and a Volt Blocker, which is pretty important as with the combination of Swampert + Helmet Buzzwole and Static Zapdos, opposing VoltTurn can be punished pretty well. Blissey is my special sponge on a team that would otherwise get 1 shot by stuff like Latios and Specs Magearna, as well as being unable to consistently play around Nidoking.

Now here come my stars of the show outside of QD Mosa. Rillaboom and Zapdos, I need these 2 Pokemon quite a lot, especially Rillaboom because I'm going to be using that for most of my offensive pressure outside of Pheromosa, not to mention the fact that its able to revenge kill stuff like Spectrier, Urshifu, even opposing Pheromosa depending on the role is outstanding, as well as the fact that it can bait things like Corviknight, Buzzwole and Heatran and use them for momentum, whether its switching into Swampert and continuing the momentum with Flip Turn, or bringing in Zapdos, which does completes the VoltTurn combo and threatens the Pokemon that Rillaboom baits in, especially Buzzwole and Corviknight, which can then just become pawns for momentum and thus a cycle of offensive pressure and chip damage begins, which is what the team is all about after all. However, the way they support Pheromosa due to this is great because the consistent chip from this can put stuff like Clefable and Tapu Fini in Pheromosa range.

Finally we have Buzzwole, this Pokemon makes for the physical defensive backbone by providing a real check to stuff like Urshifu, Rillaboom, Garchomp and Melmetal, especially the former because I straight up get my team 6-0d by Wicked Blow without a good enough resist and Buzzwole gives this team exactly that.
Voting will end in about 2 days.

Ruft

OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
F>C>G>A>B=D=E
A>G>F>C>B>D=E
F>A>G>B>E>D
F>A>B>G>C=D>E
F>A>C>B>E>D
F>A>B>G>C=D>E
D>C>B>A>F>G>E
B>A=F=G>C=D=E
D>C>B>A>F>G>E
D>C>B>A>G>F>E
F>A>C>B>G>E>D
D>A>C>B>G>F>E
D>A>F>C>G>B>E
If we input this here, the result is a tie between team A by Jordy and team F by Ausma!
Congratulations! Your submissions will be added to the archive.

Week 19: Tapu Fini

Tapu Fini has solidified itself in the metagame as a menacing Calm Mind sweeper, but it has some other nifty sets it can run as well.
You have one week to submit a team featuring it. Good luck!

Katy

Banned deucer.
grass spam offense feat. tapu fini and nidoking

:nidoking: :moltres: :kartana: :rillaboom: :tapu fini: :dragapult:
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Scorching Sands
- Mystical Fire
- Defog

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

explanation: this team is built with nidoking, as it has insane potential in the ou tier currently as a stealth rocker and wallbreaker alike due to life orb + sheer force and itsgreat poison + ground stab and its coverage in ice beam. nidoking checks electric-types such as regieleki, tapu koko, and zapdos and can threaten them effectively. moltres is a check to heatran and melmetal and has mystical fire to get some clutch spatt-drops and furthermore it has scorching sands to effectively threaten heatran. roost is there for longevity as it is the defogger on this team. kartana has life orb + swords dance which makes it incredible threatening for a lot of pokemon in the tier. its set contains its two stabs in smart strike and leaf blade, sacred sword is there to break through any resist like ferrothorn and heatran. rillaboom gifts the grassy terrain for kartana and is also a nice check to rain teams, since a choice band-boosted grassy glide is very threatening to that offensive structure. it also has knock off to knock annoying items off and u-turn to gain momentum for the rest of the team. wood hammer is there to nuke anything, which doesn't resist grass moves. tapu fini checks pheromosa and other threats such as heatran, garchomp, and both urshifus. scald and moonblast are its stabs and it also has taunt to prevent pokemon from setting up hazards. last but not least, dragapult with choice scarf. i've decided to go with scarf as spectrier is insanely threatening once rillaboom isnt there anymore to pressure with grassy glide to have a secondary offensive check to spectrier. draco meteor, shadow ball, and flamethrower are its coverage options, and it also has u-turn which helps keeping momentum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)