Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
B>A=C=D=E
C>E>B>A>D
B>D>E>C
A>E=D>C
B>A>E>D>C
B>A=C=D=E
B>A=C=D=E
B>A=C=D=E
If we input this here, the resulting winner is team B by Trinitrotoluene. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Week 15: Aegislash

Aegislash has seen a major resurgence recently, mostly with mixed sets. You have one week to submit a team featuring Aegislash. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Autotomize Weakness Policy Mixed Aegislash Hyper Offense

:mew: :rillaboom: :hawlucha: :toxtricity: :hatterene: :aegislash:

Import:
Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Roost

Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Autotomize
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head

Explanation: Mew lays out Entry Hazards for the rest of the team and it has Red Card to shuffle Pokemon around into a layer of Hazard already, Flare Blitz is its coverage against opposing Aegislash and also Skarm and Corvi whereas Taunt keeps them away from removing the set Hazards.
Rillaboom is thriving in usage and is a great WinCon with the Swords Dance Set and Grassy Seed + Acrobatics, Acrobatics hits Amoonguss for a super effective damage, Knock Off and Grassy Glide are its other 2 slots and this Grass Monkey builds up a nice core with Hawlucha which also has Grassy Seed to raise its defense by 1 stage and it has Acro and Close Combat as its attacking slots and Roost as some type of longevity. Toxtricity loves offensive structures and fits well here with having Rillaboom as a backbone, its set is the Shift Gear + 3 Attacks, which is ran to not only ruin physical walls, but also a great enemy in Blissey, as Blissey otherwise tanks Toxtricitys attacks away without Drain Punch in its last slot. Hatterene is another mon with Hazard-Control due to its amazing ability in Magic Bounce, furthermore it can bounce back status attacks and is therefore basically immune, when it sets up Calm Minds. Last but not Least Aegislash which has Weakness Policy + Autotomize which lets it get a +2 in both its offensive stats which makes it not only incredible fast but also incredible threatening with Close Combat, Iron head and Shadow Ball. The slot Shadow Ball is reserved for Pax and Amoonguss and also Tangrowth as it oes more damage to them than Iron Head / Close Combat and it does not take Rocky Helmet damage due to that.​

Specs Aegislash + Trick Sticky Barb Clefable Balance

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
This team is designed to facilitate Aegislash clicking specs moves to force progress to help out your other breakers.

With Mandibuzz, SpDef Hippo and Blissey being the 3 best switch ins to Aegislash in the tier, Trick Barb clefable is a great switch in to those, to trick away its item, so that these switch ins can no longer check Aegislash. With Aegislash pressuring physdef Mandibuzz and Hippowdon, which are the most common Cinderace checks in the tier right now, forcing damage on these allow for a Cinderace mid-late game sweep. With these 2 pokemon you can quickly break opposing teams.

While this team is labelled in the Balance archetype, it plays more closely to that of a Bulky Offence team. As your defensive core of Hippo + Clefable + Mandibuzz is usually used as pivots and checks, as oppose to being able to stall out games if necessary. Clefable's role is to trick and cripple an enemy pokemon, and to check Urshifu, and while it can be broken through by certain sets and predictions, it must take life orb hits to do so, and is not much of a threat. Mandibuzz is solely on the team to check Rillaboom + Cinderace, and can be used as a pivot to bring in your breakers of Cinderace and Aegislash to click buttons. Hippo helps to check Zeraora, set up stealth rocks to help wear the enemy team, and to function as a Volcarona switch in.

Dragapult in the last slot helps to take advantage of Aegislash and Cinderace breaking through it's most common checks, being Clefable and Mandibuzz. Dragapult is your main way of revenge killing opposing threats such as Crawdaunt, Hydreigon, Gengar, and also being able to Thunder Wave opposing pokemon to give Aegislash a better speed tier against the opposing team.

A few things to note: Toxic + Shadow Sneak on Aegislash is exchangeable for Steel Beam/Close Combat. I like the priority of Shadow Sneak to potentially clean games, and Toxic can help out vs Mandibuzz + Hippo if needed. Close Combat for Blissey can help, however as stated previously Clef can easily switch in, and Blissey is not difficult to break with this team.

I have also experimented with Choice Band Rillaboom over Dragapult, as it also takes advantage of Mandibuzz being easily broken, and can give better match ups vs opposing water types such as Crawdaunt, Azumarill and Primarina. I chose Dragapult for the final version, as the TWave support was huge in game, and its ability to pivot around using its speed tier was better than Rillaboom.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash + Kyurem Semi-Stall

1600488556704.png
1600488565609.png
1600488580832.png
1600488591219.png
1600488601167.png
1600488610716.png

Team Building Process:
Instead of just starting with Aegislash, I already had a core in mind for this week. The core is discussed in much greater detail here, but the general idea is to (Toxic) stall with Aegislash and Kyurem with Substitute. In they both go.
1600489208151.png
1600489297231.png

This core is notably weak to Urshifu and Dragapult. As such, a Fairy type was necessary. Galar Weezing is an interesting pick. Its a great check to Urshifu, and can provide both cleric support and Toxic Spikes.
1600489245240.png
1600489300265.png
1600489371870.png

I felt pretty weak to Special Attackers, something like Specs Dragapult or Volcarona would have no issues with this core. As such, Tyranitar was added for Stealth Rock support and acts as a blanket check to a lot of threats.
1600489248565.png
1600489302739.png
1600489374244.png
1600489426556.png

Steel-type attacks became an issue, as I had 3 weaknesses to it. Something like Specs Aegislash or Specs Magnezone became a concern. I chose to add Gastrodon as a great switch into Magnezone, and helps against Aegislash.
1600489252070.png
1600489305049.png
1600489376632.png
1600489430146.png
1600489473240.png

I had recently used Skarmory + Gastrodon core, and it made sense given my weakness to the likes of Swords Dance Scizor. Skarmory also provided Defog support, which this team needs.
1600489255065.png
1600489307393.png
1600489379501.png
1600489432736.png
1600489475557.png
1600489520603.png

With Cinderace running wild, my current team is simply too weak to it. As such, I replaced Skarmory with Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz checks similar threats to Skarmory, such as Rillaboom and Scizor, while also serving as a decent check to Cinderace.
1600489261001.png
1600489309435.png
1600489384616.png
1600489435179.png
1600489478672.png
1600489568959.png
Description:
This team is based around checking the top threats in the tier with defensive play, while stalling with the use of Toxic (Spikes). With the lack of clerics on stall teams along this Kyurem set, you will have a great match up against stall teams, and the team is more than capable of taking on standard balance and bulky offense teams. The first thing I try to do with this team is setup entry hazards, namely Toxic Spikes. This is a less of a priority if you're facing Poison-types such as Toxapex or Gengar, as of course they can absorb them. The team doesn't just rely on passive damage such as Toxic, Stealth Rock, and sand damage, as Aegislash and Kyurem are heavy hitters that can be very hard to force out without significant cost once they've set up. While King's Shield has been nerfed, it can still come in really useful against the likes of Urshifu, and the extra turn of Leftovers recovery, along with changing forms is crucial to this team's success. Play with defense in mind, and slowly chip away at your opponents until you can force Aegislash or Kyurem to comfortably clean up.

One thing I will say, if you're planning on using this team after Cinderace gets banned (assuming it does), I'd highly recommend changing Mandibuzz back to Skarmory, to help better deal with threats such as Swords Dance Scizor, Excadrill and Choice Band Rhyperior.
Importable:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Roost

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Aromatherapy

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Crunch
- Rest

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Last edited:

ThelordofbadRNG

Banned deucer.
Choiced SirSlash

:hippowdon: :dragapult: :sirfetchd: :aegislash: :toxapex: :mandibuzz:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- High Horsepower
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Sirfetch’d @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Brave Bird

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze
- Knock Off

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

This is probably as close as I'll get to "building heat" this gen. This was the most fun team I've used and built this gen and I am not even kidding rofl. The basic idea is that since Sirfetch'd has limited switch-ins with a Choice Band, we patch up the few limited switch-ins it does have by pairing it up with LO Aegislash. Toxapex gets 2HKOd by LO shadow ball and is constantly pressured by Specs Pult and LO Aegis. CC is on the set to catch a Blissey offguard and ease prediction against mons like chipped Ferro or smth Idk I'm an idiot. TSpikes Pex is nice to juice up Pult's Hex and make breaking all the more easier. Mandibuzz is my defogger and my other half of the MandiPex core to keep both formes of Urshifu at bay. Hippowdon is SpDef because I had negative answers to Volcarona and needed a mon that answered almost all of them and Hippo is also my rocker to get some chip although it woulda been better if the metagame didn't have 9 million mons that don't care about hazards anymore. Overall, two very anti-meta mons + a basic defensive core with random pult proves to be good once again though I also have like -90 mons in terms of speed control besides Pult so that might wanna go checked. CM clef w/ twave is an option but this is the build that has been the best for me in terms of performance surprisingly so yeah, this is the build I'm gonna stick with lmao.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
It's time to vote, sorry for the delay!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or lyd.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Katy
Autotomize Weakness Policy Mixed Aegislash Hyper Offense

:mew: :rillaboom: :hawlucha: :toxtricity: :hatterene: :aegislash:

Import:
Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Roost

Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Autotomize
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head

Explanation: Mew lays out Entry Hazards for the rest of the team and it has Red Card to shuffle Pokemon around into a layer of Hazard already, Flare Blitz is its coverage against opposing Aegislash and also Skarm and Corvi whereas Taunt keeps them away from removing the set Hazards.
Rillaboom is thriving in usage and is a great WinCon with the Swords Dance Set and Grassy Seed + Acrobatics, Acrobatics hits Amoonguss for a super effective damage, Knock Off and Grassy Glide are its other 2 slots and this Grass Monkey builds up a nice core with Hawlucha which also has Grassy Seed to raise its defense by 1 stage and it has Acro and Close Combat as its attacking slots and Roost as some type of longevity. Toxtricity loves offensive structures and fits well here with having Rillaboom as a backbone, its set is the Shift Gear + 3 Attacks, which is ran to not only ruin physical walls, but also a great enemy in Blissey, as Blissey otherwise tanks Toxtricitys attacks away without Drain Punch in its last slot. Hatterene is another mon with Hazard-Control due to its amazing ability in Magic Bounce, furthermore it can bounce back status attacks and is therefore basically immune, when it sets up Calm Minds. Last but not Least Aegislash which has Weakness Policy + Autotomize which lets it get a +2 in both its offensive stats which makes it not only incredible fast but also incredible threatening with Close Combat, Iron head and Shadow Ball. The slot Shadow Ball is reserved for Pax and Amoonguss and also Tangrowth as it oes more damage to them than Iron Head / Close Combat and it does not take Rocky Helmet damage due to that.​
Team B by Th3oU
Specs Aegislash + Trick Sticky Barb Clefable Balance

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
This team is designed to facilitate Aegislash clicking specs moves to force progress to help out your other breakers.

With Mandibuzz, SpDef Hippo and Blissey being the 3 best switch ins to Aegislash in the tier, Trick Barb clefable is a great switch in to those, to trick away its item, so that these switch ins can no longer check Aegislash. With Aegislash pressuring physdef Mandibuzz and Hippowdon, which are the most common Cinderace checks in the tier right now, forcing damage on these allow for a Cinderace mid-late game sweep. With these 2 pokemon you can quickly break opposing teams.

While this team is labelled in the Balance archetype, it plays more closely to that of a Bulky Offence team. As your defensive core of Hippo + Clefable + Mandibuzz is usually used as pivots and checks, as oppose to being able to stall out games if necessary. Clefable's role is to trick and cripple an enemy pokemon, and to check Urshifu, and while it can be broken through by certain sets and predictions, it must take life orb hits to do so, and is not much of a threat. Mandibuzz is solely on the team to check Rillaboom + Cinderace, and can be used as a pivot to bring in your breakers of Cinderace and Aegislash to click buttons. Hippo helps to check Zeraora, set up stealth rocks to help wear the enemy team, and to function as a Volcarona switch in.

Dragapult in the last slot helps to take advantage of Aegislash and Cinderace breaking through it's most common checks, being Clefable and Mandibuzz. Dragapult is your main way of revenge killing opposing threats such as Crawdaunt, Hydreigon, Gengar, and also being able to Thunder Wave opposing pokemon to give Aegislash a better speed tier against the opposing team.

A few things to note: Toxic + Shadow Sneak on Aegislash is exchangeable for Steel Beam/Close Combat. I like the priority of Shadow Sneak to potentially clean games, and Toxic can help out vs Mandibuzz + Hippo if needed. Close Combat for Blissey can help, however as stated previously Clef can easily switch in, and Blissey is not difficult to break with this team.

I have also experimented with Choice Band Rillaboom over Dragapult, as it also takes advantage of Mandibuzz being easily broken, and can give better match ups vs opposing water types such as Crawdaunt, Azumarill and Primarina. I chose Dragapult for the final version, as the TWave support was huge in game, and its ability to pivot around using its speed tier was better than Rillaboom.
Team C by ShootingStarmie

Team Building Process:
Instead of just starting with Aegislash, I already had a core in mind for this week. The core is discussed in much greater detail here, but the general idea is to (Toxic) stall with Aegislash and Kyurem with Substitute. In they both go.
View attachment 276571 View attachment 276577
This core is notably weak to Urshifu and Dragapult. As such, a Fairy type was necessary. Galar Weezing is an interesting pick. Its a great check to Urshifu, and can provide both cleric support and Toxic Spikes.
View attachment 276572 View attachment 276578 View attachment 276583
I felt pretty weak to Special Attackers, something like Specs Dragapult or Volcarona would have no issues with this core. As such, Tyranitar was added for Stealth Rock support and acts as a blanket check to a lot of threats.
View attachment 276573 View attachment 276579 View attachment 276584 View attachment 276588
Steel-type attacks became an issue, as I had 3 weaknesses to it. Something like Specs Aegislash or Specs Magnezone became a concern. I chose to add Gastrodon as a great switch into Magnezone, and helps against Aegislash.
View attachment 276574 View attachment 276580 View attachment 276585 View attachment 276589 View attachment 276592
I had recently used Skarmory + Gastrodon core, and it made sense given my weakness to the likes of Swords Dance Scizor. Skarmory also provided Defog support, which this team needs.
View attachment 276575 View attachment 276581 View attachment 276586 View attachment 276590 View attachment 276593 View attachment 276595
With Cinderace running wild, my current team is simply too weak to it. As such, I replaced Skarmory with Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz checks similar threats to Skarmory, such as Rillaboom and Scizor, while also serving as a decent check to Cinderace.
View attachment 276576 View attachment 276582 View attachment 276587 View attachment 276591 View attachment 276594 View attachment 276596
Description:
This team is based around checking the top threats in the tier with defensive play, while stalling with the use of Toxic (Spikes). With the lack of clerics on stall teams along this Kyurem set, you will have a great match up against stall teams, and the team is more than capable of taking on standard balance and bulky offense teams. The first thing I try to do with this team is setup entry hazards, namely Toxic Spikes. This is a less of a priority if you're facing Poison-types such as Toxapex or Gengar, as of course they can absorb them. The team doesn't just rely on passive damage such as Toxic, Stealth Rock, and sand damage, as Aegislash and Kyurem are heavy hitters that can be very hard to force out without significant cost once they've set up. While King's Shield has been nerfed, it can still come in really useful against the likes of Urshifu, and the extra turn of Leftovers recovery, along with changing forms is crucial to this team's success. Play with defense in mind, and slowly chip away at your opponents until you can force Aegislash or Kyurem to comfortably clean up.

One thing I will say, if you're planning on using this team after Cinderace gets banned (assuming it does), I'd highly recommend changing Mandibuzz back to Skarmory, to help better deal with threats such as Swords Dance Scizor, Excadrill and Choice Band Rhyperior.
Importable:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Kyurem @ Metronome
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Roost

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Aromatherapy

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Crunch
- Rest

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
Team D by ThelordofbadRNG
Choiced SirSlash

:hippowdon: :dragapult: :sirfetchd: :aegislash: :toxapex: :mandibuzz:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- High Horsepower
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Sirfetch’d @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Brave Bird

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze
- Knock Off

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

This is probably as close as I'll get to "building heat" this gen. This was the most fun team I've used and built this gen and I am not even kidding rofl. The basic idea is that since Sirfetch'd has limited switch-ins with a Choice Band, we patch up the few limited switch-ins it does have by pairing it up with LO Aegislash. Toxapex gets 2HKOd by LO shadow ball and is constantly pressured by Specs Pult and LO Aegis. CC is on the set to catch a Blissey offguard and ease prediction against mons like chipped Ferro or smth Idk I'm an idiot. TSpikes Pex is nice to juice up Pult's Hex and make breaking all the more easier. Mandibuzz is my defogger and my other half of the MandiPex core to keep both formes of Urshifu at bay. Hippowdon is SpDef because I had negative answers to Volcarona and needed a mon that answered almost all of them and Hippo is also my rocker to get some chip although it woulda been better if the metagame didn't have 9 million mons that don't care about hazards anymore. Overall, two very anti-meta mons + a basic defensive core with random pult proves to be good once again though I also have like -90 mons in terms of speed control besides Pult so that might wanna go checked. CM clef w/ twave is an option but this is the build that has been the best for me in terms of performance surprisingly so yeah, this is the build I'm gonna stick with lmao.
You have 3 days to vote.

Avendesora

"I'm no bloody hero!"
is a Tiering Contributor
Sub Lefties Aegislash squad

Hey there guys,
It's LockedBeast here. The team i decided to build was meant to be more balanced than anything, having sub aegislash as one of the breakers. So, that was the first mon I added. One of the best partners for Aegislash in my opinion is wishport clefable. It lets Aegislash take damage without worrying too much, and teleporting into it lets it recover all the damage it has taken throughout the whole match (it also gives it the oportunity to set up more substitutes, which is always nice). clefable is also a really nice urshifu check. After that, I decided to add tangrowth to the squad. It gave me another urshifu check, while also giving me a regenerator mon, a mon with sleep powder (which lets aegislash set up subs easier) and a mon that can knock off opossing mons items. Tangrowth is this teams way of checking zeraora as well. As you can see, this team is really weak to volcarona right now, so the next mon I decided was good for the team is Tyranitar. Tyranitar gives a lot of things to the team. First of all, it can use rocks. It also paralices or toxics pokemon that might bother aegislash. I was debating whether or not i wanted to go the sand route or not, and finally I ended up adding excadrill to the team, as i needed some sort of speed control. A part from the speed, excadrill also offers rapid spin support, and a way to sweep teams in the late game, or open big holes in the opossing team instead by using swords dance. The last mon I decided was good is mantine. Mantine gives the team a way of beating sweepers such as belly drum azumarill, which outright sweeps the whole team otherwise. It is a nice ground immunity and can be a secondary volcarona check. It can also toxic threats, or spam scalds to get some burns. the 96 speed evs let mantine outspeed adamatn max speed azumarill and haze it if it belly drums up.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/bea5eb21850bcdc2

Big shoutouts to Hashg Skynyrd, who helped me build this team, making the necessary criticism to what i was doing and giving insight on some spreads I have on the team.

Last edited:

Ruft

OU Leader
Sub Lefties Aegislash squad

Hey there guys,
It's LockedBeast here. The team i decided to build was meant to be more balanced than anything, having sub aegislash as one of the breakers. So, that was the first mon I added. One of the best partners for Aegislash in my opinion is wishport clefable. It lets Aegislash take damage without worrying too much, and teleporting into it lets it recover all the damage it has taken throughout the whole match (it also gives it the oportunity to set up more substitutes, which is always nice). clefable is also a really nice urshifu check. After that, I decided to add tangrowth to the squad. It gave me another urshifu check, while also giving me a regenerator mon, a mon with sleep powder (which lets aegislash set up subs easier) and a mon that can knock off opossing mons items. Tangrowth is this teams way of checking zeraora as well. As you can see, this team is really weak to volcarona right now, so the next mon I decided was good for the team is Tyranitar. Tyranitar gives a lot of things to the team. First of all, it can use rocks. It also paralices or toxics pokemon that might bother aegislash. I was debating whether or not i wanted to go the sand route or not, and finally I ended up adding excadrill to the team, as i needed some sort of speed control. A part from the speed, excadrill also offers rapid spin support, and a way to sweep teams in the late game, or open big holes in the opossing team instead by using swords dance. The last mon I decided was good is mantine. Mantine gives the team a way of beating sweepers such as belly drum azumarill, which outright sweeps the whole team otherwise. It is a nice ground immunity and can be a secondary volcarona check. It can also toxic threats, or spam scalds to get some burns. the 96 speed evs let mantine outspeed adamatn max speed azumarill and haze it if it belly drums up.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/bea5eb21850bcdc2

Big shoutouts to Hashg Skynyrd, who helped me build this team, making the necessary criticism to what i was doing and giving insight on some spreads I have on the team.
Voting has already started, I appreciate the effort you put into this but I'm afraid I can't include it in the competition, sorry! :smogduck:

Ruft

OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
A>D>B
B>A=C=D
C>D>B
A=C>B=D
A>B=C>D
A=B=D>C
A=C>D>B
D>A=C>B
If we input this here, the resulting winner is team A by Katy. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Week 16: Zarude

As the newest addition to the OU metagame, Zarude has found a place as a great stallbreaker. You have one week to submit a team featuring it. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Zarude Sun Offense

:Torkoal: :Mandibuzz: :Ninetales: :Zarude: :Venusaur: :Hatterene:

Import:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Energy Ball
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Explanation: this offensive sun-team is built up with torkoal as the primary sun-setter and it also sets stealth rocks to weaken the opponent. it has body press to lure tyranitar in and also yawn to guarantee a set-up opportunity for one of its teammates. mandibuzz is the defogger and has knock + u-turn as utility for the rest of the teammates, knock removes boots and u-turn brings in one of its team partners in safely.
ninetales is the secondary sun-setter with weather ball and energy ball in its arsenal and with energy ball it is also able to dish out damage on tyranitar and hippo which solar beam cant do when the weather gets disrupted. toxic is for opposing volcarona to help against it. zarude is the physical sweeper on this team with bulk up + 2 attacks (its stab-options) and jungle healing to stay healthy and to grant itself a longer set-up session with bulk up against threats which usually carry statusconditions, especially when the sun runs out. venusaur is the lategame-option alongside zarude with growth and 3 attacks whereas hatterene is a secondary hazard-control with magic bounce. its set is calm mind + 3 attacks being psyshock, draining kiss and mystical fire as coverage.​

Avendesora

"I'm no bloody hero!"
is a Tiering Contributor
Zarude - Sandstorm (Zarude sand balance)

This team was built around substitute + bulk up Zarude. I know that jungle healing can be a good option to use instead of substitute, but having such a great base hp, i wanted to try to build something with sub bulk up Zarude. the moveset of choice is power whip as the main stab, and drain punch so that Zarude isn't fully stopped by Ferrothorn. This Zarude here has some more complex evs I am explaining shortly. The 216 hp let Zarudes subs take a seismic toss (it has 405 hp so that the subs have 101 hp each), the 200 speed evs with a jolly nature, let Zarude outspeed timid Hydreigon by one point, and deal with it by using drain punch. The rest of evs are placed into attack so that Zarude can do the most damage possible while also being bulky and speedy.
The next mon I added to the team is Magnezone. this set in particular, the air balloon iron deffense set, helps the team deal with the common steel flying types such as skarmory and corviknight, but it can dish out a lot of damage against ferrothorn as well. Magnezone is carrying the air balloon because excadrill is such a big threat for the team. If magnezone switches in safely against excadrill without its balloon popping, excadrill is done. The spread this time isn't as complex: the 252 deffense evs with a bold nature let body press from Magnezone shine a lot more, the 140 speed evs let Magnezone outspeed the more and more common 190 speed Aegislash, while also letting it outspeed max speed conkeldurr (which isn't as common anymore), the rest of evs are placed into special attack for more damage with thunderbolt.
The next addition was clefable. Clefable is a nice urshifu check, can pass fat wishes to the whole team, and can trikc the choice scarf to an annoying defensive wall in the opposing team.
Then it was time to add another Urshifu check in toxapex. It has rocky helmet so urshifu gets chiped each time it hits toxapex. I opted not to run knock off here because i didn't want to disrupt the work Clefable does by tricking the scarf into something. I am using toxic instead, which helps chip walls a lot. Recover + haze to stop set up shenanigans which this team isn't so good against.
Last but not least, I added my sand core. Tyranitar gives the team stealth rock support and checks volcarona as well. It also gives thunder wave support for Zarude, so it can set up easier. I chose to run protect in the last slot to scout some mons, but you can also use toxic to further help the team bringing down the walls.
Lastly, Excadrill. I chose tu use the swords dance rapid spin set, because i needed a lategame sweeper (or a propper sweeper I should say), and hazard removal was also important to consider. Earthquake + iron head is so nice for the late game, and the mons that check this combo of moves are dealt with by other members of the team (such as rotom-heat by tyranitar).

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/c21b9b9748a34c39

Big shoutouts to Sheik, who suggested using sand to build with Zarude.

I hope someone got the joke I made in the beginning so I don't feel like an old man.

Well friends, here I bring you this team based on zarude a little used pokemon and I decide to use a common set of this since I saw that it was the best for the team, Darkest Lariat uses to ignore the boosts in the defense is a zarude with attack for hit hard And since it is my one of my in the team, the next pokemon that I put was clefable with the life sphere I put this one because the Flamethrower can help the team a lot to surprise scizord, ferro, aegi, etc ... the next poke that tyranitar that helps me for kyurem volca etc the heavy I have it for clefa since I have 3 dark types in the team ... the next pokemon is toxapex with a super common set especially for cousin and water urshi the next pokemon is mandibuzz helps a lot the team is for excavation and also helps to stop the dredge and aegi which is a problem if it has sub plus it has toxic that fucks a lot also they can change it for taunt and it is their own taste and for the last Excadrill with their common set have e rapid spind since it can help me sweep and also gives me greater speed control well I hope you like it ♠

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/274f8bc648368589

I also thank Lopunny kicks who gave me some ideas for the team <3

Here is this possible change if you want to play it more competitive, I know it has nothing to do with it but it helps: 3
https://pokepast.es/85e52089f1295b2c

Last edited:
Zarude NOT-Sandstorm (Ft. Chandelure)
(Click on Sprites to the importable)

I start the team with the Offense BU Zarude, i prefer Jungle Healing over Close Combat/Drain Punch since the status healing effect can be very helpfull againist Dragapult Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave, Pex Scald Burn, etc. Next one, the lovely S Rank Clefable, which protects Zarude from strong Fighting Types like Urshifu, thanks to CM set Clefable is capable to stop Zarude threats like Skarmory or other Clefable (With no CM). Chandelure haves a incredible synergy with Zarude and is the most helpful Zarude partner, this wallbreaker monster can destroy everything that his Dark/Grass Type partner hates, like Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Clefable, Skarmory, Corviknight, Kommo-O non Earthquake and Ferrothorn. Kommo-O is the Rocks setter, thanks to the typing and defenses he helps vs Rotom-H, Excadrill, Rillaboom and Zeraora. I need at this moment something to protect my team againist special attackers and a Defog mon to helps Chandelure, soo Corviknight is the best choice, the Occa Berry item is for luring Volcarona. And for last mon i need something faster, a Knock Off user and a pivot and theres Zeraora which do a great teammate with Chandelure, helping him to eliminates Grass Types.

Last edited:
ZA WARUDO

:zarude::dragapult::venusaur::corviknight::torkoal::clefable::

Stop reading other posts and read this one! I already know you are gonna like this team because you will, and if you don't....Karma is gonna come to you. We already know Zarude is our lead and cannot be statused in the Sun, and as you can see from the members of the team, this is a Sun team '-'. Dragapult is our next member because after one DD, he becomes a dangerous sweeper, so why not? Our next member as you can see, is Venusaur because since this is a Zarude + Sun team, it has to have Venusaur, am I right or am I right? Another reason is gonna because Venusaur can take care of Fairies even without any boosts. Corviknight is also on the team because of it's typing and good defense and another check to fairies. Our next member is Torkoal because it's very defensive and we needed a Drought setter, so we got one, I wanted the team to be balanced which is why I didn't pick Ninetales for the job. Our next mon now is Clefable w/ Aromatherapy, incase Dragapult or Venusaur gets Statused, and also Zarude if there is no sun for it's Leaf Guard.

The Bomb

Banned deucer.
Alright here goes my 100th post :)

Killing my love

I was passed a team not too long ago. Formerly used by Der Kuss when OLT was going on and since then I have noticed alot of other versions being made based on the core of Mantine + Clefable + Kommo-O. And I think it's pretty solid. Saw ABR bringing that too in his OLT game vs storm so made a version of my own now with Zarude now

Zarude @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing
- Crunch

I'm a fan of this set. Mostly known for putting an end to fat sand balances, and once it setups enough. It singlehandedly sweeps everything that isn't a physical attacker faster than it. Jungle healing is pretty nice for healing up fast against those foul plays used by Mandibuzz.

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

The special wall in Der Kuss' team. Known for stopping Primarina and Volcarona in general but honestly I have find it much useful while using it besides checking those.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Teleport

Next comes one of the most well known set of Clefable, wishport cleff. I don't think I have to explain on this. It's for healing up your team occasionally. Pretty good for healing Kyurem.

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Poltergeist
- Focus Punch
- Swords Dance

Der Kuss formerly ran Zeraora but I think Marowak-Alola fits perfectly here due to the fact it one shots things like Hatterene. Threatens alot of teams behind substitute. Also, a zone check.

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Then I replaced Kommo-O with this very set. Only reason was because Gengar 6-0s me after a +2. Hippo is pretty decent for tanking alot of things so I'm using it.

+2 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Hippowdon: 304-358 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Hippowdon on a critical hit: 204-240 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Specs Kyurem destroys! Best specs user of this meta honestly. And with wish support it works really well!

Importable: https://pokepast.es/2237634488ce9a9b

Thanks for reading :)

S/O to The Agency

Ruft

OU Leader
Alright, it's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or lyd.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Katy
Zarude Sun Offense

:Torkoal: :Mandibuzz: :Ninetales: :Zarude: :Venusaur: :Hatterene:

Import:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Energy Ball
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Explanation: this offensive sun-team is built up with torkoal as the primary sun-setter and it also sets stealth rocks to weaken the opponent. it has body press to lure tyranitar in and also yawn to guarantee a set-up opportunity for one of its teammates. mandibuzz is the defogger and has knock + u-turn as utility for the rest of the teammates, knock removes boots and u-turn brings in one of its team partners in safely.
ninetales is the secondary sun-setter with weather ball and energy ball in its arsenal and with energy ball it is also able to dish out damage on tyranitar and hippo which solar beam cant do when the weather gets disrupted. toxic is for opposing volcarona to help against it. zarude is the physical sweeper on this team with bulk up + 2 attacks (its stab-options) and jungle healing to stay healthy and to grant itself a longer set-up session with bulk up against threats which usually carry statusconditions, especially when the sun runs out. venusaur is the lategame-option alongside zarude with growth and 3 attacks whereas hatterene is a secondary hazard-control with magic bounce. its set is calm mind + 3 attacks being psyshock, draining kiss and mystical fire as coverage.​
Team B by LockedBeast
Zarude - Sandstorm (Zarude sand balance)

This team was built around substitute + bulk up Zarude. I know that jungle healing can be a good option to use instead of substitute, but having such a great base hp, i wanted to try to build something with sub bulk up Zarude. the moveset of choice is power whip as the main stab, and drain punch so that Zarude isn't fully stopped by Ferrothorn. This Zarude here has some more complex evs I am explaining shortly. The 216 hp let Zarudes subs take a seismic toss (it has 405 hp so that the subs have 101 hp each), the 200 speed evs with a jolly nature, let Zarude outspeed timid Hydreigon by one point, and deal with it by using drain punch. The rest of evs are placed into attack so that Zarude can do the most damage possible while also being bulky and speedy.
The next mon I added to the team is Magnezone. this set in particular, the air balloon iron deffense set, helps the team deal with the common steel flying types such as skarmory and corviknight, but it can dish out a lot of damage against ferrothorn as well. Magnezone is carrying the air balloon because excadrill is such a big threat for the team. If magnezone switches in safely against excadrill without its balloon popping, excadrill is done. The spread this time isn't as complex: the 252 deffense evs with a bold nature let body press from Magnezone shine a lot more, the 140 speed evs let Magnezone outspeed the more and more common 190 speed Aegislash, while also letting it outspeed max speed conkeldurr (which isn't as common anymore), the rest of evs are placed into special attack for more damage with thunderbolt.
The next addition was clefable. Clefable is a nice urshifu check, can pass fat wishes to the whole team, and can trikc the choice scarf to an annoying defensive wall in the opposing team.
Then it was time to add another Urshifu check in toxapex. It has rocky helmet so urshifu gets chiped each time it hits toxapex. I opted not to run knock off here because i didn't want to disrupt the work Clefable does by tricking the scarf into something. I am using toxic instead, which helps chip walls a lot. Recover + haze to stop set up shenanigans which this team isn't so good against.
Last but not least, I added my sand core. Tyranitar gives the team stealth rock support and checks volcarona as well. It also gives thunder wave support for Zarude, so it can set up easier. I chose to run protect in the last slot to scout some mons, but you can also use toxic to further help the team bringing down the walls.
Lastly, Excadrill. I chose tu use the swords dance rapid spin set, because i needed a lategame sweeper (or a propper sweeper I should say), and hazard removal was also important to consider. Earthquake + iron head is so nice for the late game, and the mons that check this combo of moves are dealt with by other members of the team (such as rotom-heat by tyranitar).

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/c21b9b9748a34c39

Big shoutouts to Sheik, who suggested using sand to build with Zarude.

I hope someone got the joke I made in the beginning so I don't feel like an old man.
Team C by Hashg Skynyrd
Well friends, here I bring you this team based on zarude a little used pokemon and I decide to use a common set of this since I saw that it was the best for the team, Darkest Lariat uses to ignore the boosts in the defense is a zarude with attack for hit hard And since it is my one of my in the team, the next pokemon that I put was clefable with the life sphere I put this one because the Flamethrower can help the team a lot to surprise scizord, ferro, aegi, etc ... the next poke that tyranitar that helps me for kyurem volca etc the heavy I have it for clefa since I have 3 dark types in the team ... the next pokemon is toxapex with a super common set especially for cousin and water urshi the next pokemon is mandibuzz helps a lot the team is for excavation and also helps to stop the dredge and aegi which is a problem if it has sub plus it has toxic that fucks a lot also they can change it for taunt and it is their own taste and for the last Excadrill with their common set have e rapid spind since it can help me sweep and also gives me greater speed control well I hope you like it ♠

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/274f8bc648368589

I also thank Lopunny kicks who gave me some ideas for the team <3

Here is this possible change if you want to play it more competitive, I know it has nothing to do with it but it helps: 3
https://pokepast.es/85e52089f1295b2c
Team D by lockjaw
Zarude NOT-Sandstorm (Ft. Chandelure)
(Click on Sprites to the importable)

I start the team with the Offense BU Zarude, i prefer Jungle Healing over Close Combat/Drain Punch since the status healing effect can be very helpfull againist Dragapult Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave, Pex Scald Burn, etc. Next one, the lovely S Rank Clefable, which protects Zarude from strong Fighting Types like Urshifu, thanks to CM set Clefable is capable to stop Zarude threats like Skarmory or other Clefable (With no CM). Chandelure haves a incredible synergy with Zarude and is the most helpful Zarude partner, this wallbreaker monster can destroy everything that his Dark/Grass Type partner hates, like Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Clefable, Skarmory, Corviknight, Kommo-O non Earthquake and Ferrothorn. Kommo-O is the Rocks setter, thanks to the typing and defenses he helps vs Rotom-H, Excadrill, Rillaboom and Zeraora. I need at this moment something to protect my team againist special attackers and a Defog mon to helps Chandelure, soo Corviknight is the best choice, the Occa Berry item is for luring Volcarona. And for last mon i need something faster, a Knock Off user and a pivot and theres Zeraora which do a great teammate with Chandelure, helping him to eliminates Grass Types.

Team E by majority
ZA WARUDO

:zarude::dragapult::venusaur::corviknight::torkoal::clefable::

Stop reading other posts and read this one! I already know you are gonna like this team because you will, and if you don't....Karma is gonna come to you. We already know Zarude is our lead and cannot be statused in the Sun, and as you can see from the members of the team, this is a Sun team '-'. Dragapult is our next member because after one DD, he becomes a dangerous sweeper, so why not? Our next member as you can see, is Venusaur because since this is a Zarude + Sun team, it has to have Venusaur, am I right or am I right? Another reason is gonna because Venusaur can take care of Fairies even without any boosts. Corviknight is also on the team because of it's typing and good defense and another check to fairies. Our next member is Torkoal because it's very defensive and we needed a Drought setter, so we got one, I wanted the team to be balanced which is why I didn't pick Ninetales for the job. Our next mon now is Clefable w/ Aromatherapy, incase Dragapult or Venusaur gets Statused, and also Zarude if there is no sun for it's Leaf Guard.
Team F by The Bomb
Alright here goes my 100th post :)

Killing my love

I was passed a team not too long ago. Formerly used by Der Kuss when OLT was going on and since then I have noticed alot of other versions being made based on the core of Mantine + Clefable + Kommo-O. And I think it's pretty solid. Saw ABR bringing that too in his OLT game vs storm so made a version of my own now with Zarude now

Zarude @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing
- Crunch

I'm a fan of this set. Mostly known for putting an end to fat sand balances, and once it setups enough. It singlehandedly sweeps everything that isn't a physical attacker faster than it. Jungle healing is pretty nice for healing up fast against those foul plays used by Mandibuzz.

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

The special wall in Der Kuss' team. Known for stopping Primarina and Volcarona in general but honestly I have find it much useful while using it besides checking those.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Teleport

Next comes one of the most well known set of Clefable, wishport cleff. I don't think I have to explain on this. It's for healing up your team occasionally. Pretty good for healing Kyurem.

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Poltergeist
- Focus Punch
- Swords Dance

Der Kuss formerly ran Zeraora but I think Marowak-Alola fits perfectly here due to the fact it one shots things like Hatterene. Threatens alot of teams behind substitute. Also, a zone check.

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Then I replaced Kommo-O with this very set. Only reason was because Gengar 6-0s me after a +2. Hippo is pretty decent for tanking alot of things so I'm using it.

+2 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Hippowdon: 304-358 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Hippowdon on a critical hit: 204-240 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Specs Kyurem destroys! Best specs user of this meta honestly. And with wish support it works really well!

Importable: https://pokepast.es/2237634488ce9a9b

Thanks for reading :)

S/O to The Agency
You have 3 days to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)