Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Alright, the voting phase is over! These are the votes:
A>C>B>D
A=C>B>D
A=C>B>D
A>C>B>D
A=C>B>D
C>A>B>D
C>A>B>D
C>D>A>B
A=C>B>D
A>C>D>B
A>C>D>B
C>B>A>D
B>D>A
In a nailbiter, the resulting winner is team C by Finchinator!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 30: Zamazenta-Crowned

As you all probably know, Zamazenta-C is undergoing a suspect test to see if it should drop from Ubers to OU.
As I'd like to have a winner before the end of the test, I am giving you 5 days to submit a team featuring Zamazenta-C.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Zamazenta-Crowned is Howling with the Future in Sight feat.frens!

:zamazenta-crowned: :tapu koko: :dragapult: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :volcarona:
Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Defog

this team is built with Howl + 3 Attacks Zamazenta-C and Tapu Koko as an enabler to break through Zamazentas checks better and its also helpful with Electric Terrain to help zamazenta-C powering up its Wilde Charge against Toxapex, Slowbro, Corviknight, and Skarmory. Dragapult has Choice Specs to break even further with its sheer strength and its great dual STAB in Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball; furthermore it can break through Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Melmetal with Flamethrower. Landorus-T has Stealth Rocks with Rocky Helmet against opposing Zamazenta-C, with U-turn, Knock off, and Earthquake. Slowking in the emantime is the special wall for this team. Volcarona has Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Roost, and Defog to help with getting rid of entry hazards.​

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog
- Trick

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
The idea of the team is to trap opposing steels using magnezone and then offensively overwhelm the opponents. Banded Rillaboom paired up with scarf kart paired up with another great breaker in specs Tapu Lele works well once you get rid of their steels. Howl 3 attack zam-c allows allows it to break too. The biggest problem with the team is shed shell steels, but you can still knock with Rillaboom and kartana as they mostly switchin to these mons.

Zamazenta and the team that coincidentally looks similar to katy's ®
(yes I totally own this title now)

:zamazenta-crowned: :tapu koko: :mandibuzz: :dragapult: :garchomp: :slowking:
(click on the sprites to see the paste)

My summer break started so now I have more time with mons, which means I can write about the funny howl dog and my team built around it. To go into a bit more detail, I wanted the team to have Electric Terrain to have checks like Corviknight and Skarmory have a fly for their money, and er, for the case for the Pex, I don't think it can fly... While the lineup lacks an Ice type for mons like Garchomp and Landorus, huge hinderances for Zamazenta, they can still be played around.

Defender.png
First I started with the zealous (and zappy with Wild Charge) Zamazenta. Its here running the standard Howl set with Wild Charge to capitalize on Electric Terrain for its checks. Aside from its useful coverage, it also hits remarkably hard at +1 with its STABs. Though it needs a golden opportunity to even get that boost. Luckily its team members allow it opportunities to come in with their U-turns and Teleports.

1618815112357.png
Tapu Koko provides Electric Terrain and is a fast Electric pivot. Helps a ton with the pesky Flying types and Water types and in exchange, Zamazenta deals with the Steel types.

jordans.png
Mandibuzz is the resident defogger and Ghost resist with totally legit Jordans. I was considering Brave Bird to have an easier time against Hawlucha and Volcarona, but the former is resisted by Tapu Koko and the latter can be dealt with through Garchomp (Stone Edge) and Slowking (as long as they don't have Giga Drain or Bug Buzz).

1618819353084.png
Dragapult is a dad who loves to play catch with his kids, though I don't think meteors are the safest thing to throw. Choice Specs makes this specter strong on the special side, expecially with its dual STABs. While Timid has Dragapult lose out on power, the speed to outrun threats like Tapu Koko, Jolly Zamazenta, and Weavile is pretty valuable. I decided to forego Hex in favor of Flamethrower because my team lacks status spreading and Flamethower was useful coverage for Steels like Ferrothorn.

le fishe.jpg
Tank Garchomp is great against opposing Zamazenta-C, as it can do a chunk of health though contact chip damage alone, with Endure to ensure that it can live a hit to deal more chip again. While it's the worse option, Stone Edge over Toxic allows Garchomp OHKO Volcarona. Speed investment is to speed creep Nidoking.

I had the idea of having a Smack Down Tank Landorus-T with this set but preferred to keep Garchomp for its Rough Skin ability.

EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Endure
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

the xenoblade.png
Slowking serves as a Specially Defensive bulky Water type with the super useful FuturePort combination, which goes very well with Zamazenta (who would've guessed) to push its wallbreaking to another level.

It seems like I have the memory loss of a Slowking, because I really have nothing else to say about this team. With that, thank you very much for reading.

EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Close Combat
- Behemoth Bash
- Wild Charge

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Endure

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Sup everyone!! Hope y'all are having an amazing day.
Here's the team -
https://pokepast.es/6947cd887006bd4d
:Zamazenta Crowned::zeraora::kyurem::slowking::amoonguss::corviknight::
Now for the description.
1. Zamazenta- Crowned
Well, had to include this thing, since that's what the thread is about. In my eyes, its wallbreaking capabilities are outdone by Urshifu Rapid, but Zamazenta offers much more than that. It checks threats like bisharp and weavile, who otherwise have an amazing time vs this team. If given a but if leeway, and granted the opponent's stops to it are weakened or eliminated, this thing can very well 6-0. I went for the howl+3 attacks set, probably the best for this team. The nature is adamant,since all that jolly notably outspeeds is torn, which is managed by other members, and the extra power provided by adamant is crucial.

2. Zeraora
This is the offensive partner I chose for zamazenta. It's the fastest viable pokemon in ou, and hence naturally demolishes offense (also I didn't wanna include koko coz legit almost everyone else did). The team wanted a way to deal with dragapult, and this is the best offensive check to it. Moreover, it weakens Lando and tank Chomp, two prominent zamazenta checks, as well as scaring the living daylights out of toxapex and slowbro. It can also switch into zapdos, even healing off of volt switches. It lures in ferrothorn, which is a free volt into zamazenta, who can then start wreking stuff.

3. Kyurem
I'm gonna be extremely clear - specs kyurem has 0 switch-ins. Hell, you don't even need draco , ice beam+freeze dry+both fb and ep give it absolutely perfect coverage. Blissey? Gets blasted. Aegislash? Gets powered. Heatran? Gets murdered by either. I prefer timid, coz that speed tier is nice for nidoking, and it still is a nuke. It forms a nice bolt beam core with zeraora, which is infamous for its ability to break through pretty much anything. The amount of important Pokemon it ohkos is bonkers. Really, use this thing right now, I guarantee it's gonna get a kill every game minimum.

4. Slowking
This thing is near mandatory on zamazenta balance right now. Future sight is too good to not get, it helps zamazenta break through most checks in combination with howl and teleport is a gift. Really, it's pretty obvious why this is here, no need for any more explanations.

5. Amoongus
This is a mon I've been having loads of success with recently, and it forms a solid core with king, with dual regeneration. They check and/or counter a good chunk of the meta and the mushroom has spore to bring in a threat, unscathed which converts into an auto ko with kyurem.

6. Corvinight
In general a very good pokemon, bringing defog as well as the ability to deal with threats like excadrill, garchomp, lele etc. Also has u turn and minimum speed for slow pivoting.

That wraps up the team, but it definitely has weak matchups like a specs pult if played correctly by the opponent, and the *slight* issue of getting 12oed by volcarona. The strategy while using this team should be grabbing momentum from turn 1, amd you have enough pivoting to where it's not that hard. In case someone wanted to know, I will (for now) be voting unban on zamazenta.

That concludes it, have fun and enjoy your life fellow human beings!

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello there :afrostar:
:Zamazenta-Crowned::obstagoon::blissey::garchomp::Corviknight::tangrowth:
Dental Hygiene
This team was built around two goons, Obstagoon and Zamazenta-C. The two pair rather well together since Obstagoon can cripple their shared checks like Landorus-T, Zapdos and Toxapex rather well with its combination of Knock Off and Switcheroo which can make it much much easier for Zamazenta-C to sweep later with Howl. After the initial two, I added Wish Blissey since both my other mons struggle with chip damage and Blissey's Wish can help a lot with this. Next up is Garchomp as my Zamazenta-C, Heatran, and Zeraora check with Endure because screw Zamazenta-C, this also benefits from Blissey's Wish. I went with Iron Defence Corviknight next for a SubRoost Kyurem Check as well as a possible win condition/ Swords Dance Weavile check. Then is Tangrowth to help out with offensive Grass-types as well as Bisharp and Zamazenta-C.
And now to explain what the team name means; so you know how while brushing teeth you first use Toothpaste to work at the plaque well and then use Mouthwash to finish it off? That's how the team is in play, Obstagoon is the toothpaste which works at the plaque (the shared checks) after with the mouthwash (Zamazenta-C) can finish it off.
Anyway, Bye! :blobwizard:

Hi everyone !

:zamazenta-crowned::urshifu-rapid-strike::dragapult::rillaboom::landorus-therian::regieleki:

Here's the HO team I built based around Zamazenta's Mixed set.
The goal of the team is to get rid of Volcarona and Toxapex using lures such as Acrobatics Rillaboom and Urshifu Whirlpool Taunt to then set up Zamazenta behind screens and win the game.

Landorus-T obviously acts as the Suicide Lead using SR + Explosion with the Focus Sash.
We do not run Earthquake as no one will stay in front of a Landorus that sets up at +2 and revealed Rock Tomb, as opponents would easily guess we should be Earthquake on the last slot and will try to defog with their Iron Defense Corviknight usually.
Some may want to run Earthquake instead of Rock Tomb but I like the possibility to chip foes such as Tornadus-T on switch-in, dragapult specs on lead or zapdos / Landorus and so one.

Regieleki is used to set up screens, the reason we're playing it is to combine with weakness policy Dragapult as well as Zamazenta's ultra bulk to set up easily, which usually fits very well in any HO.
An other purpose of screens are to ease the Tornadus-T MU for our other set up sweepers.
We do not run Rapid Spin but Thunderbolt instead as we want to prevent flying types such as Mandibuzz and Corviknight to get a free Defog on it as they'd guess we've got Rapid Spin at last, plus Rapid Spin is only useful in the gimmickal situation of Shuckle / Sticky Webs teams.

Dragapult with the Weakness Policy will be our fast set up mon, we do play Flamethrower on it so that it can effectively bypass Ferrothorn as well as the rare Buzzwoles but an interesting option could be found in Sucker Punch to improve our MU against Zeraoras and other Dragapults Specs.
The Dragon Dance behind screen + Weakness Policy combo improves a lot our Matchup against any offensive team, and Dragon Darts + Phantom Force are always mandatory on this Dragapult set to make it work properly.

Urshifu-R will be our first lure, using Whirlpool + Taunt + Thunder Punch to get rid of Toxapex, Slowbros and Slowkings (even if Slowkings are unlikely to come in at first due to their poor physical bulk).
Protective Pads allows us to ignore contact damages from Zapdos's Static, Garchomp's Rough Skin and any Rocky Helmet users.
Surging Strikes is mandatory to Urshifu-R as it'll deny a lot of Landorus-T leads from Teampreview and is the best way to benefit from the water resist's removal Urshifu would make.

Rillaboom's presence is required in order to lure Volcaronas effectively using Acrobatics, and we do not run the Grassy Seed item as they would guess we've got Acrobatics and are unlikely to be willing to set up in front of it (they'd rather kill it).
The investment in Spe def is preferred to Speed investments so that even if they'd try to kill us from full, we're unlikely to be KOed which ensure Rillaboom's work to be done.
Swords Dance, Grassy Glide and Knock Off are all three very intuitive choices to complete the set, I wont explain those more.
252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Rillaboom: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Rillaboom: 248-294 (72.7 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 362-426 (116.3 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 364-430 (97.5 - 115.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 240-284 (64.3 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Zamazenta-Crowned may seem uncommon to you all, as it uses his 80 Base Spa as well as his 130 Base Atk in order to clean midgame-lategame with Work Up.
Using such a set allows it, once Toxapex / Volcarona are gone, to easily destroy any supposed Counter / Check it had, such as Iron Defense Corviknight or Iron Defense Skarmory, Unaware Quagsire or Bulk Up Buzzwole, Physically Defensive Hippowdon and Tangrowth, and even Zapdos is unlikely to win against Zamazenta behind Screens.
Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain also fits well for it to set up against Landorus-T / Garchomp behind Screens.
Behemoth Bash is used over Flash Cannon so that we do not get walled by Slowking-Galar, Focus Blast is obviously there as the main stab and anti Phys Defensive Mons, finally Moonblast is preferred over Wild Charge to avoid any recoil damages we would otherwise have taken, god knows Zamazenta hates being weakened by any means.
Note Moonblast's capability to Spa drop opposing Zapdos and Slowbros is welcome while having the 1v1 situation for those, and it actually hits pretty decently Dragapult / Garchomp / Dragonite as well as offering a move we are sure to hit while using our spa boost granted by Work Up.
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 241-285 (60.2 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers reco
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 306-360 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 400-472 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 408-482 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 282-334 (78.9 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 220-259 (55.8 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers re
+2 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 197-232 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 179-211 (46.7 - 55%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Thanks for reading and have fun.

CORONATION
A pretty bog standard rain team with Zamazenta tossed into the mix. I think Kingdra is highly undervalued on rain atm, thing hits like a truck and compliments Barraskewda pretty much perfectly. Hydro Pump is technically preferred over Surf, but I've found that I've lost more games off missing Hydro than I would compared to needing that extra damage. Offensive Zapdos is pretty par for the course as well, could opt for Volt Switch > Roost so as to really keep the momentum this team provides, but I like having it stay relatively healthy since Static is technically a wincon lol. Rillaboom and Zamazenta don't necessarily benefit from rain since there's few Fire types in the meta rn, but they hit hard and fast which is really all a rain team wants. The team is gonna struggle somewhat against fast electric types since no Ferrothorn or ground type, but it shouldn't be too much of a concern if you're playing the team as intended, hard and fast.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Zama + Blace ft Wacan Pex Bulky Offense
:zamazenta-crowned::blacephalon::corviknight::toxapex::zeraora::garchomp:
(click on sprites for paste)

originally I was planning on posting a absolute cheese squad which was some wish pass volc zama semi stall nonsense but katy beat me to the zama and volc core, since I like to stand out I opted for a different route entirely. So Zamazenta, I fucking hate building with this thing cause i felt like all teams came out the same with this thing. Since my original idea was stolen by katy, I knew instantly I wanted to stray away from common strategies like fsport and wishpass. Which honestly, the decision is probably crippling my chances of winning here but I figured if you wanted some wishpass or fsport squads theres already a shit ton here on the forums and im sure more will be popping up lol. I made a small little list of things that check zama and I went hunting for a pokemon with almost perfect coverage to hit all of these. Thats when the clown caught my eye, fire/ghost coverage can hit most of zama's checks for super effective, or hit something for a very strong neutral. I honestly was ecstatic when I saw this because Blacephalon was my favorite Ultra Beast and ive always wanted to build something that wasnt a cheese ho.

so the thing with blace is, this mon is dumb hazard weak. Like really really hazard weak. You could run hdb but I really think that set just does not have enough power behind it unless you are, again, shit ho. so im like okay modest specs can insanely pressure all of zamas checks and trick can cripple some fatter mons as well, im going to need fog. I looked at the defogger list and what else other than the most reliable fogger in the tier, corv. i run mixed defense corv specifically for lele, ive never run max def corv since lele came out and I dont plan on ever running max def corv. i made corv helmet to help me deal with zama cause that mon is stupid, then corv does its usual deal like checking rilla, chomp and some other dumb mons. heatran seemed annoying at this point (even tho blace 3hkos) and just by the build of the team I didnt think i was gonna run a better zama check than corv, so I decided on garchomp. Garchomp can check tran and annoy zama, i made it offensive sd rocks cause I thought that was a cool set and I needed hazards. I then added pex cause I needed a water resist. pex does a lot of cool stuff but the reason I chose pex in particular was because of its ability to check volcarona (whos stock is currently on the rise), this is why i choose the toxic + haze set to make the 1v1 a lot more doable cause shit can happen in that 1v1 sometimes with just haze pex. i chose knock over scald knock stuff that likes to switch into pex, one of these things is being able to get a while timed knock on heatran as well as being a okay pult check. I thought the team was a bit slow and weak to koko and pult still, I also didnt really have anything to pivot with. I added zeraora to round out the team, zera can predict around koko and revenge kill pult. Zera can also volt on stuff which can help get zama or blace in as well as spamming knock which can be helpful in situations like getting helmet off of lando or chomp.

this is when I ran down my sets and looked at what I was weak to. i decided to go bash on zama due to fact that i could lose to unaware clef if I didnt and I wasnt a fan of that. I also went adamant on zama because I had zeraora which provides a soft check to torn so I didnt really need to outspeed torn. i noticed kyu could be annoying, while not really doing anything about it, i had thought of scenarios that could happen in game and decided that due the fact I have mix def corv, zama, mix def pex w/ tox and alot of mons to outspeed it, the mu is totally playable. zone is another mon i thought could be annoying because it can trap corv and open the flood gates for rilla or chomp. Once again I decided to stick with what I had because i figured the trade off of being able to beat zama vs maybe losing to zone chomp teams being a fine tradeoff for two reasons a) the mu is still playable and you can play around it b) it seems like zone teams have recently been falling out of favor due to zama pressuring both rilla and zone, while facing a zone is 100% a possibility, i figured I have enough counterplay to win the mu if I needed to. my mind was stuck on electric types for a while vs this team and thats when I noticed tapu koko was still a threat due to it being able to dazzling gleam my chomp. I didnt know what to really do to fix that because if I dropped pex and had a horrible volc mu which is insanely popular rn. i talked to my friend epsilon and he gave me the idea of wacan pex. basically you take the tbolt with pex then click toxic, then you pivot out into either zera for a free knock or chomp for free a possible free kill on something/rocks/sd. toxic than widdles down koko as you pivot around its moves and hopefully you dont get outplayed. You can also knock/tox zera and make that die a lot faster than it normally would. some other things ive ran into that can be annoying include; arctozolt, dracozolt, certain fs teams builds (zama + koko was a hard game but I pulled it out), garchomp to an extent, ww hippo and pult with certain team support like future sight. a general tip I can give is try to play the long game with zama in particular, in a lot of these mus that are not as favorable, zama can actually tank one hit and rk in return. try to play smart with zama as with no wishpass or whack rest set, it can get worn down easily and its important to keep it healthy-ish to bail you out of bad scenarios.

this team has some flaws but with testing i have yet to find a matchup thats instantly a lose. i feel zamazenta makes building a bit harder because ive noticed whenever ive been building, it has been really limiting what I can run. for example on this I really want to go shed corv for zone teams but I just cant because I need rocky helmet for zama. hopefully this take on a zamazenta team can be refreshing to some as I know theres a lot of wishpass and fsport spam going around. building without fsport or wishpass seems really hard for me because I think zama meta relies on those playstyles way too much but despite that Ive had a lot of fun testing this team (mostly because blace shreds and wacan really catches people off guard) and i hope you guys have as much fun with it as I do. apologies for the long post but i figured it would be better to give people more insight on my choices for the team and its functionality since its a bit different than some meta things you'll see with zama.​

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Zamazenta-Crowned is Howling with the Future in Sight feat.frens!

:zamazenta-crowned: :tapu koko: :dragapult: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :volcarona:
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Defog

this team is built with Howl + 3 Attacks Zamazenta-C and Tapu Koko as an enabler to break through Zamazentas checks better and its also helpful with Electric Terrain to help zamazenta-C powering up its Wilde Charge against Toxapex, Slowbro, Corviknight, and Skarmory. Dragapult has Choice Specs to break even further with its sheer strength and its great dual STAB in Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball; furthermore it can break through Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Melmetal with Flamethrower. Landorus-T has Stealth Rocks with Rocky Helmet against opposing Zamazenta-C, with U-turn, Knock off, and Earthquake. Slowking in the emantime is the special wall for this team. Volcarona has Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Roost, and Defog to help with getting rid of entry hazards.​
Team B by Emil Heskey
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog
- Trick

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
The idea of the team is to trap opposing steels using magnezone and then offensively overwhelm the opponents. Banded Rillaboom paired up with scarf kart paired up with another great breaker in specs Tapu Lele works well once you get rid of their steels. Howl 3 attack zam-c allows allows it to break too. The biggest problem with the team is shed shell steels, but you can still knock with Rillaboom and kartana as they mostly switchin to these mons.
Team C by oliVes
Zamazenta and the team that coincidentally looks similar to katy's ®
(yes I totally own this title now)

:zamazenta-crowned: :tapu koko: :mandibuzz: :dragapult: :garchomp: :slowking:
(click on the sprites to see the paste)

My summer break started so now I have more time with mons, which means I can write about the funny howl dog and my team built around it. To go into a bit more detail, I wanted the team to have Electric Terrain to have checks like Corviknight and Skarmory have a fly for their money, and er, for the case for the Pex, I don't think it can fly... While the lineup lacks an Ice type for mons like Garchomp and Landorus, huge hinderances for Zamazenta, they can still be played around.

View attachment 333890 First I started with the zealous (and zappy with Wild Charge) Zamazenta. Its here running the standard Howl set with Wild Charge to capitalize on Electric Terrain for its checks. Aside from its useful coverage, it also hits remarkably hard at +1 with its STABs. Though it needs a golden opportunity to even get that boost. Luckily its team members allow it opportunities to come in with their U-turns and Teleports.

View attachment 333919 Tapu Koko provides Electric Terrain and is a fast Electric pivot. Helps a ton with the pesky Flying types and Water types and in exchange, Zamazenta deals with the Steel types.

View attachment 333920 Mandibuzz is the resident defogger and Ghost resist with totally legit Jordans. I was considering Brave Bird to have an easier time against Hawlucha and Volcarona, but the former is resisted by Tapu Koko and the latter can be dealt with through Garchomp (Stone Edge) and Slowking (as long as they don't have Giga Drain or Bug Buzz).

View attachment 333927 Dragapult is a dad who loves to play catch with his kids, though I don't think meteors are the safest thing to throw. Choice Specs makes this specter strong on the special side, expecially with its dual STABs. While Timid has Dragapult lose out on power, the speed to outrun threats like Tapu Koko, Jolly Zamazenta, and Weavile is pretty valuable. I decided to forego Hex in favor of Flamethrower because my team lacks status spreading and Flamethower was useful coverage for Steels like Ferrothorn.

View attachment 333933 Tank Garchomp is great against opposing Zamazenta-C, as it can do a chunk of health though contact chip damage alone, with Endure to ensure that it can live a hit to deal more chip again. While it's the worse option, Stone Edge over Toxic allows Garchomp OHKO Volcarona. Speed investment is to speed creep Nidoking.

I had the idea of having a Smack Down Tank Landorus-T with this set but preferred to keep Garchomp for its Rough Skin ability.

EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Endure
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

View attachment 333937 Slowking serves as a Specially Defensive bulky Water type with the super useful FuturePort combination, which goes very well with Zamazenta (who would've guessed) to push its wallbreaking to another level.

It seems like I have the memory loss of a Slowking, because I really have nothing else to say about this team. With that, thank you very much for reading.

EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Close Combat
- Behemoth Bash
- Wild Charge

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Endure

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport
Team D by Dr Ya Yeet
Sup everyone!! Hope y'all are having an amazing day.
Here's the team -
https://pokepast.es/6947cd887006bd4d
:Zamazenta Crowned::zeraora::kyurem::slowking::amoonguss::corviknight::
Now for the description.
1. Zamazenta- Crowned
Well, had to include this thing, since that's what the thread is about. In my eyes, its wallbreaking capabilities are outdone by Urshifu Rapid, but Zamazenta offers much more than that. It checks threats like bisharp and weavile, who otherwise have an amazing time vs this team. If given a but if leeway, and granted the opponent's stops to it are weakened or eliminated, this thing can very well 6-0. I went for the howl+3 attacks set, probably the best for this team. The nature is adamant,since all that jolly notably outspeeds is torn, which is managed by other members, and the extra power provided by adamant is crucial.

2. Zeraora
This is the offensive partner I chose for zamazenta. It's the fastest viable pokemon in ou, and hence naturally demolishes offense (also I didn't wanna include koko coz legit almost everyone else did). The team wanted a way to deal with dragapult, and this is the best offensive check to it. Moreover, it weakens Lando and tank Chomp, two prominent zamazenta checks, as well as scaring the living daylights out of toxapex and slowbro. It can also switch into zapdos, even healing off of volt switches. It lures in ferrothorn, which is a free volt into zamazenta, who can then start wreking stuff.

3. Kyurem
I'm gonna be extremely clear - specs kyurem has 0 switch-ins. Hell, you don't even need draco , ice beam+freeze dry+both fb and ep give it absolutely perfect coverage. Blissey? Gets blasted. Aegislash? Gets powered. Heatran? Gets murdered by either. I prefer timid, coz that speed tier is nice for nidoking, and it still is a nuke. It forms a nice bolt beam core with zeraora, which is infamous for its ability to break through pretty much anything. The amount of important Pokemon it ohkos is bonkers. Really, use this thing right now, I guarantee it's gonna get a kill every game minimum.

4. Slowking
This thing is near mandatory on zamazenta balance right now. Future sight is too good to not get, it helps zamazenta break through most checks in combination with howl and teleport is a gift. Really, it's pretty obvious why this is here, no need for any more explanations.

5. Amoongus
This is a mon I've been having loads of success with recently, and it forms a solid core with king, with dual regeneration. They check and/or counter a good chunk of the meta and the mushroom has spore to bring in a threat, unscathed which converts into an auto ko with kyurem.

6. Corvinight
In general a very good pokemon, bringing defog as well as the ability to deal with threats like excadrill, garchomp, lele etc. Also has u turn and minimum speed for slow pivoting.

That wraps up the team, but it definitely has weak matchups like a specs pult if played correctly by the opponent, and the *slight* issue of getting 12oed by volcarona. The strategy while using this team should be grabbing momentum from turn 1, amd you have enough pivoting to where it's not that hard. In case someone wanted to know, I will (for now) be voting unban on zamazenta.

That concludes it, have fun and enjoy your life fellow human beings!
Team E by Abhisdn417
Hello there :afrostar:
:Zamazenta-Crowned::obstagoon::blissey::garchomp::Corviknight::tangrowth:
Dental Hygiene
This team was built around two goons, Obstagoon and Zamazenta-C. The two pair rather well together since Obstagoon can cripple their shared checks like Landorus-T, Zapdos and Toxapex rather well with its combination of Knock Off and Switcheroo which can make it much much easier for Zamazenta-C to sweep later with Howl. After the initial two, I added Wish Blissey since both my other mons struggle with chip damage and Blissey's Wish can help a lot with this. Next up is Garchomp as my Zamazenta-C, Heatran, and Zeraora check with Endure because screw Zamazenta-C, this also benefits from Blissey's Wish. I went with Iron Defence Corviknight next for a SubRoost Kyurem Check as well as a possible win condition/ Swords Dance Weavile check. Then is Tangrowth to help out with offensive Grass-types as well as Bisharp and Zamazenta-C.
And now to explain what the team name means; so you know how while brushing teeth you first use Toothpaste to work at the plaque well and then use Mouthwash to finish it off? That's how the team is in play, Obstagoon is the toothpaste which works at the plaque (the shared checks) after with the mouthwash (Zamazenta-C) can finish it off.
Anyway, Bye! :blobwizard:
Team F by Stellar Flares
Hi everyone !

:zamazenta-crowned::urshifu-rapid-strike::dragapult::rillaboom::landorus-therian::regieleki:

Here's the HO team I built based around Zamazenta's Mixed set.
The goal of the team is to get rid of Volcarona and Toxapex using lures such as Acrobatics Rillaboom and Urshifu Whirlpool Taunt to then set up Zamazenta behind screens and win the game.

Landorus-T obviously acts as the Suicide Lead using SR + Explosion with the Focus Sash.
We do not run Earthquake as no one will stay in front of a Landorus that sets up at +2 and revealed Rock Tomb, as opponents would easily guess we should be Earthquake on the last slot and will try to defog with their Iron Defense Corviknight usually.
Some may want to run Earthquake instead of Rock Tomb but I like the possibility to chip foes such as Tornadus-T on switch-in, dragapult specs on lead or zapdos / Landorus and so one.

Regieleki is used to set up screens, the reason we're playing it is to combine with weakness policy Dragapult as well as Zamazenta's ultra bulk to set up easily, which usually fits very well in any HO.
An other purpose of screens are to ease the Tornadus-T MU for our other set up sweepers.
We do not run Rapid Spin but Thunderbolt instead as we want to prevent flying types such as Mandibuzz and Corviknight to get a free Defog on it as they'd guess we've got Rapid Spin at last, plus Rapid Spin is only useful in the gimmickal situation of Shuckle / Sticky Webs teams.

Dragapult with the Weakness Policy will be our fast set up mon, we do play Flamethrower on it so that it can effectively bypass Ferrothorn as well as the rare Buzzwoles but an interesting option could be found in Sucker Punch to improve our MU against Zeraoras and other Dragapults Specs.
The Dragon Dance behind screen + Weakness Policy combo improves a lot our Matchup against any offensive team, and Dragon Darts + Phantom Force are always mandatory on this Dragapult set to make it work properly.

Urshifu-R will be our first lure, using Whirlpool + Taunt + Thunder Punch to get rid of Toxapex, Slowbros and Slowkings (even if Slowkings are unlikely to come in at first due to their poor physical bulk).
Protective Pads allows us to ignore contact damages from Zapdos's Static, Garchomp's Rough Skin and any Rocky Helmet users.
Surging Strikes is mandatory to Urshifu-R as it'll deny a lot of Landorus-T leads from Teampreview and is the best way to benefit from the water resist's removal Urshifu would make.

Rillaboom's presence is required in order to lure Volcaronas effectively using Acrobatics, and we do not run the Grassy Seed item as they would guess we've got Acrobatics and are unlikely to be willing to set up in front of it (they'd rather kill it).
The investment in Spe def is preferred to Speed investments so that even if they'd try to kill us from full, we're unlikely to be KOed which ensure Rillaboom's work to be done.
Swords Dance, Grassy Glide and Knock Off are all three very intuitive choices to complete the set, I wont explain those more.
252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Rillaboom: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Rillaboom: 248-294 (72.7 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 362-426 (116.3 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 364-430 (97.5 - 115.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Rillaboom Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 240-284 (64.3 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Zamazenta-Crowned may seem uncommon to you all, as it uses his 80 Base Spa as well as his 130 Base Atk in order to clean midgame-lategame with Work Up.
Using such a set allows it, once Toxapex / Volcarona are gone, to easily destroy any supposed Counter / Check it had, such as Iron Defense Corviknight or Iron Defense Skarmory, Unaware Quagsire or Bulk Up Buzzwole, Physically Defensive Hippowdon and Tangrowth, and even Zapdos is unlikely to win against Zamazenta behind Screens.
Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain also fits well for it to set up against Landorus-T / Garchomp behind Screens.
Behemoth Bash is used over Flash Cannon so that we do not get walled by Slowking-Galar, Focus Blast is obviously there as the main stab and anti Phys Defensive Mons, finally Moonblast is preferred over Wild Charge to avoid any recoil damages we would otherwise have taken, god knows Zamazenta hates being weakened by any means.
Note Moonblast's capability to Spa drop opposing Zapdos and Slowbros is welcome while having the 1v1 situation for those, and it actually hits pretty decently Dragapult / Garchomp / Dragonite as well as offering a move we are sure to hit while using our spa boost granted by Work Up.
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 241-285 (60.2 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers reco
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 306-360 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 400-472 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 408-482 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 282-334 (78.9 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 220-259 (55.8 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers re
+2 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 197-232 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Zamazenta-Crowned Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 179-211 (46.7 - 55%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Thanks for reading and have fun.
Team G by BlameTheBlax
CORONATION
A pretty bog standard rain team with Zamazenta tossed into the mix. I think Kingdra is highly undervalued on rain atm, thing hits like a truck and compliments Barraskewda pretty much perfectly. Hydro Pump is technically preferred over Surf, but I've found that I've lost more games off missing Hydro than I would compared to needing that extra damage. Offensive Zapdos is pretty par for the course as well, could opt for Volt Switch > Roost so as to really keep the momentum this team provides, but I like having it stay relatively healthy since Static is technically a wincon lol. Rillaboom and Zamazenta don't necessarily benefit from rain since there's few Fire types in the meta rn, but they hit hard and fast which is really all a rain team wants. The team is gonna struggle somewhat against fast electric types since no Ferrothorn or ground type, but it shouldn't be too much of a concern if you're playing the team as intended, hard and fast.
Team H by Baloor
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Zama + Blace ft Wacan Pex Bulky Offense
:zamazenta-crowned::blacephalon::corviknight::toxapex::zeraora::garchomp:
(click on sprites for paste)

originally I was planning on posting a absolute cheese squad which was some wish pass volc zama semi stall nonsense but katy beat me to the zama and volc core, since I like to stand out I opted for a different route entirely. So Zamazenta, I fucking hate building with this thing cause i felt like all teams came out the same with this thing. Since my original idea was stolen by katy, I knew instantly I wanted to stray away from common strategies like fsport and wishpass. Which honestly, the decision is probably crippling my chances of winning here but I figured if you wanted some wishpass or fsport squads theres already a shit ton here on the forums and im sure more will be popping up lol. I made a small little list of things that check zama and I went hunting for a pokemon with almost perfect coverage to hit all of these. Thats when the clown caught my eye, fire/ghost coverage can hit most of zama's checks for super effective, or hit something for a very strong neutral. I honestly was ecstatic when I saw this because Blacephalon was my favorite Ultra Beast and ive always wanted to build something that wasnt a cheese ho.

so the thing with blace is, this mon is dumb hazard weak. Like really really hazard weak. You could run hdb but I really think that set just does not have enough power behind it unless you are, again, shit ho. so im like okay modest specs can insanely pressure all of zamas checks and trick can cripple some fatter mons as well, im going to need fog. I looked at the defogger list and what else other than the most reliable fogger in the tier, corv. i run mixed defense corv specifically for lele, ive never run max def corv since lele came out and I dont plan on ever running max def corv. i made corv helmet to help me deal with zama cause that mon is stupid, then corv does its usual deal like checking rilla, chomp and some other dumb mons. heatran seemed annoying at this point (even tho blace 3hkos) and just by the build of the team I didnt think i was gonna run a better zama check than corv, so I decided on garchomp. Garchomp can check tran and annoy zama, i made it offensive sd rocks cause I thought that was a cool set and I needed hazards. I then added pex cause I needed a water resist. pex does a lot of cool stuff but the reason I chose pex in particular was because of its ability to check volcarona (whos stock is currently on the rise), this is why i choose the toxic + haze set to make the 1v1 a lot more doable cause shit can happen in that 1v1 sometimes with just haze pex. i chose knock over scald knock stuff that likes to switch into pex, one of these things is being able to get a while timed knock on heatran as well as being a okay pult check. I thought the team was a bit slow and weak to koko and pult still, I also didnt really have anything to pivot with. I added zeraora to round out the team, zera can predict around koko and revenge kill pult. Zera can also volt on stuff which can help get zama or blace in as well as spamming knock which can be helpful in situations like getting helmet off of lando or chomp.

this is when I ran down my sets and looked at what I was weak to. i decided to go bash on zama due to fact that i could lose to unaware clef if I didnt and I wasnt a fan of that. I also went adamant on zama because I had zeraora which provides a soft check to torn so I didnt really need to outspeed torn. i noticed kyu could be annoying, while not really doing anything about it, i had thought of scenarios that could happen in game and decided that due the fact I have mix def corv, zama, mix def pex w/ tox and alot of mons to outspeed it, the mu is totally playable. zone is another mon i thought could be annoying because it can trap corv and open the flood gates for rilla or chomp. Once again I decided to stick with what I had because i figured the trade off of being able to beat zama vs maybe losing to zone chomp teams being a fine tradeoff for two reasons a) the mu is still playable and you can play around it b) it seems like zone teams have recently been falling out of favor due to zama pressuring both rilla and zone, while facing a zone is 100% a possibility, i figured I have enough counterplay to win the mu if I needed to. my mind was stuck on electric types for a while vs this team and thats when I noticed tapu koko was still a threat due to it being able to dazzling gleam my chomp. I didnt know what to really do to fix that because if I dropped pex and had a horrible volc mu which is insanely popular rn. i talked to my friend epsilon and he gave me the idea of wacan pex. basically you take the tbolt with pex then click toxic, then you pivot out into either zera for a free knock or chomp for free a possible free kill on something/rocks/sd. toxic than widdles down koko as you pivot around its moves and hopefully you dont get outplayed. You can also knock/tox zera and make that die a lot faster than it normally would. some other things ive ran into that can be annoying include; arctozolt, dracozolt, certain fs teams builds (zama + koko was a hard game but I pulled it out), garchomp to an extent, ww hippo and pult with certain team support like future sight. a general tip I can give is try to play the long game with zama in particular, in a lot of these mus that are not as favorable, zama can actually tank one hit and rk in return. try to play smart with zama as with no wishpass or whack rest set, it can get worn down easily and its important to keep it healthy-ish to bail you out of bad scenarios.

this team has some flaws but with testing i have yet to find a matchup thats instantly a lose. i feel zamazenta makes building a bit harder because ive noticed whenever ive been building, it has been really limiting what I can run. for example on this I really want to go shed corv for zone teams but I just cant because I need rocky helmet for zama. hopefully this take on a zamazenta team can be refreshing to some as I know theres a lot of wishpass and fsport spam going around. building without fsport or wishpass seems really hard for me because I think zama meta relies on those playstyles way too much but despite that Ive had a lot of fun testing this team (mostly because blace shreds and wacan really catches people off guard) and i hope you guys have as much fun with it as I do. apologies for the long post but i figured it would be better to give people more insight on my choices for the team and its functionality since its a bit different than some meta things you'll see with zama.​
You have about two days to vote.

A = C > H > D > F > E > B = G

A should have Adamant Zama because you already have two speed control mons, also specs pult is a bit tough to deal with.

C is similar, I like the buzz feeding momentum to zama-c by luring in clef and some steel types. Buzz chomper slowking is a good core, maybe lando-t>chomp to draw in corvi/skarm and either knocking or grabbing momentum (or both)

B and G have no entry hazard which I'm not a fan of.

F is standard HO, solid team, I just don't like mixed Zama I think it's too weak, especially moonblast. Maybe screens Koko + howl Zama is better thanks to wild charge+terrain combo.

E is a bit too slow and no fighting resist is not something I like, there are some strong fighters you could stumble into like Shifu, terrak and gzap that can just click cc or even thunderous kick.

H is really cool, a bit susceptible to Heatran tho, maybe shed shell Pex + toxic zera for Koko or even SpDef chomper (176 HP / 252+ SpD with Leftovers avoids the 2hko from boots Koko gleam after SR) could work.

D I like the offensive core, that regen core is hella toxic although you could be overwhelmed by SD chomp with SpDef corvi. Corvi and zera should be enough to play around specs pult.

Ruft

OU Leader
Time to end the voting phase! These are the votes:
A=C>H>D>F>E>B=G
A>C>B>E>F=G=H
A=C>F>H>E>G>D>B
A=H>E>C>B=D=F=G
With this, the resulting winner is team A by Katy!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 31: Volcarona

Volcarona has been gaining a lot of traction lately, not only because it's a good check to Zamazenta-C, but also because it can devastate underprepared teams as a setup sweeper. You have one week to submit a team featuring Volcarona. Good luck!​

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Landorus-therian::tapu koko::hawlucha::tapu lele::garchomp::volcarona:

One of my oldest ss ou teams, which was from the time when Urshifu was still in the tier. It's the only time I ever use Volcarona, on hyper offense. Anyway, here's the breakdown

Lando is suicide lead. Nothing too surprising. I sometimes swap this out for Azelf but I've been encountering less and less mons that can actually taunt Lando that doesn't die to it so why not use the stronger boom

Tapu Koko to setup screens to somewhat increase longevity with taunt being taunt. It synergizes well with Hawlucha

The mascot of hyper offense, only outsped by probably Barraskweda in rain. Shouldn't need that much of an explanation. I just put taunt as last move because Toxapex is incredibly irritating

Lele and Garchomp as the main wall breakers with Chomp even serving as a backup sweeper when the opportunity presents itself or just to continue wall breaking when it can outspeed everything at +1 but can't quite one shot them all. Lele is Lele, one of the best specs users in the tier and the best imo

Volcarona to round up the team, serving as the second dedicated setup sweeper after Hawlucha. Psychic is for Pex with stabs being stabs. Blocked by Heatran but Hawlucha and Garchomp destroys Heatran

Katy

Banned deucer.
The Sun Is Up And We Can Party; feat. Quiver Dance Volcarona and Scale Shot Garchomp!

:Torkoal: :Mandibuzz: :Volcarona: :ninetales: :venusaur: :garchomp:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Scorching Sands

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot
pretty self explanatory: torkoal has heat rock with stealth rocks and body press, body press lures in tyranitar and it also has rapid spin to prevent hazards from going up. torkoal is a great sun setter due to its reasonable bulk and moveslots it has. mandibuzz checks hydreigon, dragapult, and pokemon such as bisharp. it also can make use of knock off with removing heavy-duty boost from pokemon such as blissey. the two fires are volcarona and ninetales with their respective setup moves in quiver dance and nasty plot to further boost their wallbreaking potential in the sun. venusaur has growth and can check water-types such as urshifu-r and is able to dent through most pokemon in the sun and with a boost due to growth. garchomp can check heatran and is a great offensive pokemon with swrods dance + scale shot which basically is a pseudo dragon dance. stone edge can break through corviknight, and weakens skarmory. ive decided to go with stone edge, as all the fire-types with their stabs threaten corviknight and skarmory severely. earthquake is its great, powerful ground-type stab.​

Last edited:
Hello everyone!! Hope you slept well last night.
Finch said volc's broken I said ok
Here the team -
https://pokepast.es/db6a4c8a5d6d7949
:Volcarona::Dragapult::Heatran::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex::Tornadus-Therian:
Here is the explanations of sets
1. Volcarona
I chose a bulky set instead of an offensive one, because imo roost is too good to give up. The moves are pretty obvious, with bug buzz being replacable by Psychic. The speed investment allows it to outspeed positive base 95s like Kyurem,lele and goon. That spdef means that it can reliably take even draco from modest specs kyurem,and roost it off,as it is my primary kyu switch in.

2. Dragapult
As we know, the best volc check is heatran, which is a good switchin for pult as well, hence I abuse that and hydro it in the face (trust me it's satisfying). The rest of the set is standard specs, although a case could be made for modest, as Zamazenta no longer exists.

The rest of the team is basically "OU" .

3. Heatran
One of the best wallbreakers, if not the best. It traps bulky waters that volc struggles against. The spread is just standard spdef, nothing much to be said. Also forms a nice fire spam core with volc.
4. Toxapex
My heatran switchin, also handles setup sweepers like hawlucha, with haze. Forms a solid regen core with Tornadus. Also my pult answer.
5. Landorus-Therian
The face of OU, my rocker, blanket check to most physical attackers, and basically just does Lando things. Forms a good core with pex. Spdef to check koko.
6. Tornadus-Therian
My defogger, one of the best mons in ou, can pivot, check grasses like rill and kart. Speed for base 110s or anything lower, notably Kartana,rest dumped into hp and defence. It lures amd knocks av glowking, making life easier for heatran.

Some calcs -

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Volcarona: 322-379 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
(If the kyurem stays in to draco again on your roost, you still live.)

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 230-272 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Landorus-Therian: 121-144 (31.6 - 37.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Tornadus-Therian: 160-189 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 306-360 (118.1 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Against banded kart)

Like any team, this team too has bad matchups, like lele, as well as physical attackers like bisharp and weavile, pex is my only counterplay against those two.

That concludes it, have a good day folks!!:afrostar:
Edit - I changed pex to pj over knock, the team was struggling against fini.

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
lo volc offense
:volcarona::tornadus-therian::bisharp::rillaboom::kartana::garchomp:
s/o mcpallday brouha Skypenguin :3

After playing BW for a bit and discovering the demon that is Life Orb Volcarona, I wanted to take a stab at building around it in SS, with double Defog support and Life Orb + Modest Nature granting it the ability to set up on and completely demolish typical switchins like Slowking, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and Dragapult. I chose Tornadus-T as a primary partner because, in addition to providing Defog support, it helps lure Heatran to help chip for Volcarona while providing speed control and defensive utility that this offense appreciates against physical threats like Rillaboom and Kartana, since Volcarona functions as a one-time sweeper with less of the defensive utility it gains with Heavy-Duty Boots and Roost. Bisharp also helps by luring Heatran to weaken for Volcarona, and offers some limited defense vs Dragapult. Rillaboom and Kartana round out my physical offense core, offering another route to win with Choice Band Defog Kartana breaking for Swords Dance Rillaboom (I would've done Swords Dance Kartana + Choice Band Rillaboom but an extra Defog on Kartana seemed funny, especially with Bisharp to hit most of Smart Strike's targets in the back). Lastly, I chose Garchomp to provide Stealth Rock, aid my physical core by luring and chipping Flying-types, and adding some defensive utility against Heatran, Zeraora, and Tapu Koko. Overall, this team has been very fun to use in my limited experience with it, and Volcarona provides a lot more offensive presence than you'd expect it to, especially when people forgo their Stealth Rock vs this team assuming that they're useless vs it.
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 200 HP / 192 SpD Landorus-Therian: 382-450 (103.5 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 272-321 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 370-437 (103.6 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 439-517 (111.4 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 317-374 (104.2 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 322-382 (105.9 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 286-337 (101.7 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 465-550 (110.7 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Tapu Fini: 164-194 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 305-360 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 80+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited by a moderator:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/1f5fa6b11aec48c0
:volcarona::urshifu-rapid-strike::slowking-galar::landorus-therian::corviknight::zeraora:

Started with Bulkarona and thought, hey, a great partner is Urshifu because it takes on Heatran, TTar, Lando-T, Hippo, etc pretty well and has U-Turn. Added glowing for future sight support, fairy check, and general special pivot that lures Heatran with EQ. Lando T gives rocks and U-Turn, and tanks physical hits. Rillaboom and Kart looked super threatening so Corviknight was added. Provides hazard removal which volc appreciates and also has U-Turn. Lastly, Zeraora was added cuz why not have more VoltTurn. Gives the team much needed speed control and also handles fat waters that Urshifu doesn't like and helps against Pex which can be a problem for Volc.

utility drill + 3 atks eq king + offensive qd volc boots spam

this team truly pushes "remove heatran = easy money" game over the edge due to major doses of unpredictability (not always reliable but very fun to pull off). eq slowking beats heatran, in the event that it doesnt click taunt after the switch. plays constant mindgames with ur opp and removes heatrans in that type of matchup. boots spam is an extremely proficient element to all types of builds and very easily slappable, with the only problems being knock off spam. added hexpult + toxtect drill tho spin is one of the main reasons to use it, but it's EXTREMELY proficient with hex support and can accumulate lefties recovery. rh slowking with physdef investment allows it to punish ursh-r, making switching into it with rocks up much easier

i lacked a lot of breaking power so i went with that issue very carefully due to me running into that nature often while building. utility drill is super underrated and a very good pairing with dragapult and volc to chip down your checks and counters (that arent steels).

please let me know if there are any small errors about the team such as the same move two times etc and i can fix them tommorow morning

:volcarona: / :nidoking: / :jirachi: / :tapu koko: / :weavile: / :landorus-therian:
Pokepaste

Standard Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz Volc set, with Giga Drain added in for healing and last-minute Water coverage. King is there to counter Heatran, and the rest are just standard sets. Physical/Special wall ToxWish Jirachi for support, Specs Koko to take down Water-types, Weavile to kick off the ever-present Landorus, and Landorus himself simply because he's the best thing in OU.

Tested this one out myself, and it works pretty well!

Ruft

OU Leader
It's time to vote! My apologies for being late.

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by ForstamemasNeetaroOoniqua
:Landorus-therian::tapu koko::hawlucha::tapu lele::garchomp::volcarona:

One of my oldest ss ou teams, which was from the time when Urshifu was still in the tier. It's the only time I ever use Volcarona, on hyper offense. Anyway, here's the breakdown

Lando is suicide lead. Nothing too surprising. I sometimes swap this out for Azelf but I've been encountering less and less mons that can actually taunt Lando that doesn't die to it so why not use the stronger boom

Tapu Koko to setup screens to somewhat increase longevity with taunt being taunt. It synergizes well with Hawlucha

The mascot of hyper offense, only outsped by probably Barraskweda in rain. Shouldn't need that much of an explanation. I just put taunt as last move because Toxapex is incredibly irritating

Lele and Garchomp as the main wall breakers with Chomp even serving as a backup sweeper when the opportunity presents itself or just to continue wall breaking when it can outspeed everything at +1 but can't quite one shot them all. Lele is Lele, one of the best specs users in the tier and the best imo

Volcarona to round up the team, serving as the second dedicated setup sweeper after Hawlucha. Psychic is for Pex with stabs being stabs. Blocked by Heatran but Hawlucha and Garchomp destroys Heatran
Team B by Katy
The Sun Is Up And We Can Party; feat. Quiver Dance Volcarona and Scale Shot Garchomp!

:Torkoal: :Mandibuzz: :Volcarona: :ninetales: :venusaur: :garchomp:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Scorching Sands

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot
pretty self explanatory: torkoal has heat rock with stealth rocks and body press, body press lures in tyranitar and it also has rapid spin to prevent hazards from going up. torkoal is a great sun setter due to its reasonable bulk and moveslots it has. mandibuzz checks hydreigon, dragapult, and pokemon such as bisharp. it also can make use of knock off with removing heavy-duty boost from pokemon such as blissey. the two fires are volcarona and ninetales with their respective setup moves in quiver dance and nasty plot to further boost their wallbreaking potential in the sun. venusaur has growth and can check water-types such as urshifu-r and is able to dent through most pokemon in the sun and with a boost due to growth. garchomp can check heatran and is a great offensive pokemon with swrods dance + scale shot which basically is a pseudo dragon dance. stone edge can break through corviknight, and weakens skarmory. ive decided to go with stone edge, as all the fire-types with their stabs threaten corviknight and skarmory severely. earthquake is its great, powerful ground-type stab.​
Team C by Dr Ya Yeet
Hello everyone!! Hope you slept well last night.
Finch said volc's broken I said ok
Here the team -
https://pokepast.es/db6a4c8a5d6d7949
:Volcarona::Dragapult::Heatran::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex::Tornadus-Therian:
Here is the explanations of sets
1. Volcarona
I chose a bulky set instead of an offensive one, because imo roost is too good to give up. The moves are pretty obvious, with bug buzz being replacable by Psychic. The speed investment allows it to outspeed positive base 95s like Kyurem,lele and goon. That spdef means that it can reliably take even draco from modest specs kyurem,and roost it off,as it is my primary kyu switch in.

2. Dragapult
As we know, the best volc check is heatran, which is a good switchin for pult as well, hence I abuse that and hydro it in the face (trust me it's satisfying). The rest of the set is standard specs, although a case could be made for modest, as Zamazenta no longer exists.

The rest of the team is basically "OU" .

3. Heatran
One of the best wallbreakers, if not the best. It traps bulky waters that volc struggles against. The spread is just standard spdef, nothing much to be said. Also forms a nice fire spam core with volc.
4. Toxapex
My heatran switchin, also handles setup sweepers like hawlucha, with haze. Forms a solid regen core with Tornadus. Also my pult answer.
5. Landorus-Therian
The face of OU, my rocker, blanket check to most physical attackers, and basically just does Lando things. Forms a good core with pex. Spdef to check koko.
6. Tornadus-Therian
My defogger, one of the best mons in ou, can pivot, check grasses like rill and kart. Speed for base 110s or anything lower, notably Kartana,rest dumped into hp and defence. It lures amd knocks av glowking, making life easier for heatran.

Some calcs -

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Volcarona: 322-379 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
(If the kyurem stays in to draco again on your roost, you still live.)

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 230-272 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Landorus-Therian: 121-144 (31.6 - 37.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Tornadus-Therian: 160-189 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 306-360 (118.1 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Against banded kart)

Like any team, this team too has bad matchups, like lele, as well as physical attackers like bisharp and weavile, pex is my only counterplay against those two.

That concludes it, have a good day folks!!:afrostar:
Edit - I changed pex to pj over knock, the team was struggling against fini.
Team D by airfare
lo volc offense
:volcarona::tornadus-therian::bisharp::rillaboom::kartana::garchomp:
s/o mcpallday brouha Skypenguin :3

After playing BW for a bit and discovering the demon that is Life Orb Volcarona, I wanted to take a stab at building around it in SS, with double Defog support and Life Orb + Modest Nature granting it the ability to set up on and completely demolish typical switchins like Slowking, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and Dragapult. I chose Tornadus-T as a primary partner because, in addition to providing Defog support, it helps lure Heatran to help chip for Volcarona while providing speed control and defensive utility that this offense appreciates against physical threats like Rillaboom and Kartana, since Volcarona functions as a one-time sweeper with less of the defensive utility it gains with Heavy-Duty Boots and Roost. Bisharp also helps by luring Heatran to weaken for Volcarona, and offers some limited defense vs Dragapult. Rillaboom and Kartana round out my physical offense core, offering another route to win with Choice Band Defog Kartana breaking for Swords Dance Rillaboom (I would've done Swords Dance Kartana + Choice Band Rillaboom but an extra Defog on Kartana seemed funny, especially with Bisharp to hit most of Smart Strike's targets in the back). Lastly, I chose Garchomp to provide Stealth Rock, aid my physical core by luring and chipping Flying-types, and adding some defensive utility against Heatran, Zeraora, and Tapu Koko. Overall, this team has been very fun to use in my limited experience with it, and Volcarona provides a lot more offensive presence than you'd expect it to, especially when people forgo their Stealth Rock vs this team assuming that they're useless vs it.
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 200 HP / 192 SpD Landorus-Therian: 382-450 (103.5 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 272-321 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 370-437 (103.6 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 439-517 (111.4 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 317-374 (104.2 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 322-382 (105.9 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 286-337 (101.7 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 465-550 (110.7 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Tapu Fini: 164-194 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 305-360 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 80+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Team E by Clone
https://pokepast.es/1f5fa6b11aec48c0
:volcarona::urshifu-rapid-strike::slowking-galar::landorus-therian::corviknight::zeraora:

Started with Bulkarona and thought, hey, a great partner is Urshifu because it takes on Heatran, TTar, Lando-T, Hippo, etc pretty well and has U-Turn. Added glowing for future sight support, fairy check, and general special pivot that lures Heatran with EQ. Lando T gives rocks and U-Turn, and tanks physical hits. Rillaboom and Kart looked super threatening so Corviknight was added. Provides hazard removal which volc appreciates and also has U-Turn. Lastly, Zeraora was added cuz why not have more VoltTurn. Gives the team much needed speed control and also handles fat waters that Urshifu doesn't like and helps against Pex which can be a problem for Volc.
Team F by t045t3r
utility drill + 3 atks eq king + offensive qd volc boots spam

this team truly pushes "remove heatran = easy money" game over the edge due to major doses of unpredictability (not always reliable but very fun to pull off). eq slowking beats heatran, in the event that it doesnt click taunt after the switch. plays constant mindgames with ur opp and removes heatrans in that type of matchup. boots spam is an extremely proficient element to all types of builds and very easily slappable, with the only problems being knock off spam. added hexpult + toxtect drill tho spin is one of the main reasons to use it, but it's EXTREMELY proficient with hex support and can accumulate lefties recovery. rh slowking with physdef investment allows it to punish ursh-r, making switching into it with rocks up much easier

i lacked a lot of breaking power so i went with that issue very carefully due to me running into that nature often while building. utility drill is super underrated and a very good pairing with dragapult and volc to chip down your checks and counters (that arent steels).

please let me know if there are any small errors about the team such as the same move two times etc and i can fix them tommorow morning

Team G by MoonyLighty
:volcarona: / :nidoking: / :jirachi: / :tapu koko: / :weavile: / :landorus-therian:
Pokepaste

Standard Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz Volc set, with Giga Drain added in for healing and last-minute Water coverage. King is there to counter Heatran, and the rest are just standard sets. Physical/Special wall ToxWish Jirachi for support, Specs Koko to take down Water-types, Weavile to kick off the ever-present Landorus, and Landorus himself simply because he's the best thing in OU.

Tested this one out myself, and it works pretty well!
You have two days to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)