Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Requesting Aegislash! Any set other than SubToxic is fine.
Here’s the team::aegislash::dragapult::bisharp::rillaboom::volcarona::swampert:
:aegislash: and :dragapult: forming the ghost spam core here able to blow by many defensive cores with aegislash offering a special array of defensive utility such as checking :tapu-lele: and :hawlucha: which is hard for a HO to do. I went with spell tag over specs as a bait to lure in mons that would usually switchin once they find out your lock into sball such as :blissey: and :tyranitar:. There is a noticeable power difference but spell tag still gets the job done and works wonders against fat teams.

:rillaboom: and :bisharp: were my next choices as with aegis and pult pressuring most the steels in the tier these two would benefit greatly. Terrain also offers great defensive utility for this team reducing equake damage for aegis and bisharp while offering recovery. A very common HO core.

Defensive :volcarona: was a awesome fit here checking kart while being able to clean up late game very easily with aegis and pult threatening many of its checks such as blissey and tran.

Lastly I needed a rocker that was also not weak to tran or weavile. :swampert: was the clear best option here with helmet to significantly chip those 2 while offering yawn support and pivot. Tank chomp was also considered but with terrain weakening eq and weavile becoming a huge threat we had to change that.

Overall a pretty self explainable HO build, empo also used a (original) version of this with both specs pult and aegis combined with focus punch shifu. Had a lot of success during OLT so this one should perform optimally as well! Hope you enjoy.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sun team with Torkoal pretty please?
:torkoal: :venusaur: :heatran: :darmanitan: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon: >>team<<
big thanks to curi for doing a lot of the fine tuning
hydrei sun is p cool after messing around with alot of different lasts, pretty much everything hydrei prompts to switch in has like no way to handle its teammates.
:torkoal: :venusaur: obligatory start for every sun team ever made. Torks the best sun setter and its extreme bulk makes it incredibly difficult to successfully counterlead. Wisp allows for consistent punishment of grounds like Garchomp, who have insane potential vs sun in general. Venusaur is the best sun abuser by a country mile, there is literally nothing more to say about it.
:heatran: :darmanitan: every sun team needs 2 offensive fires to form the brunt of their early-mid game offensive presence and these two were the ones I found the best vs most MUs. scarf Darm is an incredible late game prescence and is pretty consistent at forcing KOs vs teams with frailer/non existent fire resists, essentially anything lacking a regen bulky water. Specs heatran is self explanatory, pivot it in and click eruption to get a kill, if theres a heatran you predict lightly but not really that much.
:landorus-therian: defensive utility and secondary hazard control because sun sucks exponentially more when hazards are up. knock fr dragapults dracoing at lead or spamming you down with sball and max spdef for consistency at blanket checking all its tasked with on this team.
:hydreigon: lures in pokemon that venusaur and heatran abuse heavily and provides a way to not auto lose to blace, eat shadow balls after scouting, and an actual heatran hard check.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Would like a team featuring Rotom-Heat, thanks in advance!
Here’s the team: :rotom-heat::weavile::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::melmetal::slowking-galar:
This was one of my favorite mons to tackle, been wanting to build around this mon for a while so thx for requesting it!

Obviously with :arctozolt: and hail becoming a dominant style on ladder, :rotom-heat: is one of the only mons to resist the boltbeam coverage while not being weak to low kick. It has great utility in either it’s defog/toxic/np plot sets. For this team I chose the defog set, speed reaches 241 to creep most landos and bisharps.

:melmetal: was my immediate next pick as it works great with rotom-heat as it volt switches out on mons that would want to come in such as blissey, clefable, and glowking. Twave pads provides incredible breaking power while also being a menace against HO.

:slowking-galar: and :weavile: to provide the classic fsight support combo to better enhance breaking power vs fat teams in general. Not to mention a sball resist in Weavile. Glowkings role here is self explanatory.

:tapu-fini: as the weavile and shifu check while providing a trapper for mons that would be troublesome for this team such as :toxapex: and the slowtwins.

:landorus-therian: rounds out the team as the rocker. Just the ultimate glue mon while providing extra support vs :zeraora: and :volcarona: with the toxic spdef set.

Overall a very balanced team and mainly focuses on a better matchup vs fat and hail. Doesnt mean HO will be hard to beat by any means especially with weavile and melmetal. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
hello could I request something like an old school Dragmag team? I really want a structure of magnezone + mamoswine + dragons. sorry if the request is too specific and thank you in advance

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Hello guys, i would like a team if possible a BO with NP (or DD) Hydreigon ! Thanks in advance for the work.
Here’s the team: :hydreigon::toxapex::hippowdon::skarmory::weavile::reuniclus:
Shoutouts to the homie airfare for a lot of the fine tuning on the team.

Very classic sand core with :hippowdon: :toxapex: and :skarmory: built around hazard stack to better support weavile and reuniclus breaking late game.

No defogger on the team with only toxapex being weak to spikes but regenerator also exists. With lele being a huge threat, payaba berry with gunk shot is a great surprise to most people. Gunk shot does 76-94 to lele and with sand/rocks/spikes the best they can do is come in a couple more times which neutralizes the threat.

:hydreigon: being the main focus can sweep late game very easily if you get minimal chip on clefable and +2 flash being able to ohko any clef outside of spdef unaware. Lefties was picked over LO to better help against mons such as pult.

:reuniclus: is a stable on sand and being the lele/kyu switchin here with its spdef variant. Life orb psyshock can roll through many balance cores.

:weavile: is just a great gel mon right now, with great dual stab and priority. It also pairs greatly with hydreigon with as it appreciates :toxapex: and :clefable: being chipped.

TLDR: Set up hazards, get chip on clef and pex, hydreigon and weavile go brr.

Here’s the team: :hydreigon::toxapex::hippowdon::skarmory::weavile::reuniclus:
Shoutouts to the homie airfare for a lot of the fine tuning on the team.

Very classic sand core with :hippowdon: :toxapex: and :skarmory: built around hazard stack to better support weavile and reuniclus breaking late game.

No defogger on the team with only toxapex being weak to spikes but regenerator also exists. With lele being a huge threat, payaba berry with gunk shot is a great surprise to most people. Gunk shot does 76-94 to lele and with sand/rocks/spikes the best they can do is come in a couple more times which neutralizes the threat.

:hydreigon: being the main focus can sweep late game very easily if you get minimal chip on clefable and +2 flash being able to ohko any clef outside of spdef unaware. Lefties was picked over LO to better help against mons such as pult.

:reuniclus: is a stable on sand and being the lele/kyu switchin here with its spdef variant. Life orb psyshock can roll through many balance cores.

:weavile: is just a great gel mon right now, with great dual stab and priority. It also pairs greatly with hydreigon with as it appreciates :toxapex: and :clefable: being chipped.

TLDR: Set up hazards, get chip on clef and pex, hydreigon and weavile go brr.
Thanks you so much the team ! Hype to play with :3

I'd like to request a team built around Nidoqueen; it's my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to make it work in OU however possible. Primarina is my second favorite Pokemon and I'd love to have it on the team too, but I'm willing to go without it if it hampers the team's effectiveness too much. Also, I tend to prefer more offensive teams, but again, I'm willing to go with whatever would make Nidoqueen work best.
Hello; not to be a bother, but may I ask about the status of this request? I don't mean to rush you; if this team is still in the process of being made, that's totally fine. I just wanted to check to make sure that this was a valid request, and if it's been seen.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Hello; not to be a bother, but may I ask about the status of this request? I don't mean to rush you; if this team is still in the process of being made, that's totally fine. I just wanted to check to make sure that this was a valid request, and if it's been seen.
Yes, your team is almost done. It will be posted sometime tonight, but we really do apologize for the long wait!

Hi! I'd like to request a team that is build around offensive mamoswine.

1629141093508.png

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off/Rock Tomb

1629141021336.png

And belly drum Kommo-o. Moveset kinda depends on the team other than belly drum so I am leaving it blank. Weird combo but I think they surprisingly synergise together. And also they are my favourite pokemon LOL.

And thanks!

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
I'd like to request one with leftovers sd scale shot Garchomp
I'd like to request a team built around Nidoqueen; it's my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to make it work in OU however possible. Primarina is my second favorite Pokemon and I'd love to have it on the team too, but I'm willing to go without it if it hampers the team's effectiveness too much. Also, I tend to prefer more offensive teams, but again, I'm willing to go with whatever would make Nidoqueen work best.
requesting garchomp
:garchomp::weavile::nidoqueen::corviknight::tapu fini::heatran:(click sprites for import)
Hey, here's your Nidoqueen + Garchomp bulky offense (sorry for the wait). The main thing that I really liked about this pairing is that Nidoqueen fixes the main problem of Garchomp teams like this - that they're usually weak to Tapu Koko and Zeraora by being weak to Fairy and not having Landorus-T's Intimidate available for Zeraora. Nidoqueen checks both of these extremely well mainly due to its ability, Poison Point, letting it punish Knock Off from Zeraora and U-turn from Tapu Koko. With the speed investment, it is also able to chip down the two most common Defoggers in the tier, Landorus-T and Corviknight with Super Fang and Taunt, and allowing more room to wallbreak for its teammates.

This is a pretty basic bulky offense structure beyond the double Ground pairing - Garchomp and Weavile break for each other excellently by overloading Fairies, as well as Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Garchomp. The latter four provide a strong defensive core capable of holding off faster threats well and providing enough support and time for the offensive threats to break through opposing teams.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:garchomp::weavile::nidoqueen::corviknight::tapu fini::heatran:(click sprites for import)
Hey, here's your Nidoqueen + Garchomp bulky offense (sorry for the wait). The main thing that I really liked about this pairing is that Nidoqueen fixes the main problem of Garchomp teams like this - that they're usually weak to Tapu Koko and Zeraora by being weak to Fairy and not having Landorus-T's Intimidate available for Zeraora. Nidoqueen checks both of these extremely well mainly due to its ability, Poison Point, letting it punish Knock Off from Zeraora and U-turn from Tapu Koko. With the speed investment, it is also able to chip down the two most common Defoggers in the tier, Landorus-T and Corviknight with Super Fang and Taunt, and allowing more room to wallbreak for its teammates.

This is a pretty basic bulky offense structure beyond the double Ground pairing - Garchomp and Weavile break for each other excellently by overloading Fairies, as well as Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Garchomp. The latter four provide a strong defensive core capable of holding off faster threats well and providing enough support and time for the offensive threats to break through opposing teams.
Thanks and with a surprise pokemon as well. I honestly forgot that I even requested before lol

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey! Can I request a team around Hatterene? as it has been a sleeper pick imo given that CM can be p decent if well used, though it has problems vs Tran so I'd like to see how u guys can make a team around this!.
And also, TR is super fire too, so totally up to the builder if builds a TR or a CM Hatt team or both.
Pce!
:hatterene::porygon2::dhelmise::melmetal::cresselia::marowak alola:
https://pokepast.es/87d99415b822425f

Sorry for the wait. Here's the team. TR is Hatterenes strongest niche so I chose that over CM. Basic premise is lead hatt unless you see a melmetal and healing wish/Misty explosion the next turn and punch holes with one of your 3 breakers. Use p2 and cress as pivots to set up TR again and hope you win before all your mons die.

TR builds are pretty standard, but i chose dhelmise here over golurk or crawdaunt to not autolose to urshifu (both of those are perfectly viable to use if you want). It's still strong af and can trap in very niche scenarios if you want. Keeping a healing wish in the back can make or break a game, so be careful about switching in chipped mons or hazards when you're trying to position a receiver for hw.

Have fun with the team

Thank you so much! Looking forward to using it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)