Metagame SS PU Alpha Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Hey y'all, this tier is super cool, and I just wanted to drop in with my own discussion topic: the many faces of Trapinch
(Click the images for importables)

1583327433557.png 1583329320244.png CB Trapinch is pretty much the staple Trapinch set. With its STAB Earthquake and priority First Impression, it can trap, revenge kill, and annoy many bulky threats and weakened attackers. Most other Trapinch sets are used in order to counter this one, just because this set does its job so effectively. CB Trapinch has a few specifically annoying counters like Gourgiest that it can't dent at all or outspeed and Toxic like Diglett. Despite this, CB Trapinch can still do work in matches that are unfavorable to it.

1583329089218.png1583338124229.png Eviolite is the first Anti-Trapinch Trapinch that still finds itself more than useful outside of doinking apposing Trapinch. By sacrificing power for bulk, Eviolite Trapinch is able to tank apposing CB Trapinch's EQ or just max Attack Adamant Trapinch's First Impression into EQ and OHKO back with its own EQ.

1583329089776.png 1583329351034.png 1583329105688.png1583329389575.png Shoutouts to Tack :] for being the one I saw first use this ingenious Trapinch in his tournament match that really inspired me to go off with it. Air Balloon Trapinch along side lures like Shed Shell Raichu bluffing Scarf or Specs or other Electrics like Manectric can bait in apposing Trapinch, be immune to EQ or First Impression, and KO it in return while preserving most of its HP unlike Eviolite. Even though Raichu carries Surf for Trapinch, it is still useful for it to dodge being revenge killed by First Impressions. Honestly, this is probably my favorite combinations in the tier as it can just completely shut down entire teams unprepared for it.

i’ve had my uh fair share of battles and i come bearing sets

:ss/Mudbray:
Mudbray @ Eviolite
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Low Kick
- Toxic
as mentioned by Eve before, I’ve been very fond of this little horse since I started using it. Gaining access to toxic via home allows it to not be passive against threats like Swoobat or Noctowl, and lets it keep rocks up against most Silvally formes. Stamina allows it to check nearly every physical attacker in the tier, most importantly Mawile. Getting it’s eviolite knocked becomes redundant as the stamina boost negates the added damage, threatening it out. Earthquake and Low kick coming from a base 100 isn’t something to joke about, so Mudbray can threaten out countless mons that might not care about being statused

:ss/Mawile:
Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
Mawile is without a doubt the best mon in the PU tier currently. An exceptional typing paired with Sheer Force allows Mawile to decimate unprepared teams with ease. It’s dual stab plus Knock Off hit the entirely of the tier, and Sucker Punch allows it to check faster threats such as Swoobat. The lacking speed tier means Mawile can be revenged relatively well, so four attacks is more optimal than Swords Dance.

:ss/Lapras:
Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic
- Surf
- Heal Bell
Lapras is one of the better defensive checks in the tier, being able to sponge a variety of blows from many threats in the tier, properly enabling mons like Mawile to break to it’s full potential. Heal Bell allows it to successfully 1v1 Pyukumuku, as well as providing cleric supports so team members don’t have to worry about burns and paralysis as much. Lapras can also serve as a backup check to Swoobat, as it can tank a +4 Stored Power decently well.

:ss/Hakamo-o:
here’s the fun one
Hakamo-o @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Dragon/Fighting is a phenomenal typing in this tier, and Hakamo-o has been a consistent and reliable setup sweeper in my usage of it. Close Combat at +1 takes out most mons that don’t resist it, and Rock Slide and Earthquake allow it to hit most of the mons that would try and deal with it after a Dragon Dance. Iron Head is interchangeable with Earthquake if your team struggles to deal with Clefairy, but it’s usually best to deal with Clefairy beforehand.

:clefairy: :eviolite:
taking a page out of my OU book and trying out Wish Teleport Clefairy to easily pass over wishes to Pokemon that doesn't have the luxury to recover on its own. Clefairy has always been a nice blanket mon to check a lot of unboosted special attackers and to pivot / scout out moves in the past, while it still does that, as a passive mon, it can even gain momentum (regardless of passing wish or not) thanks to teleport. ive been trying it out with pokemon such as koffing which helps patch up getting cucked by mawile (broken mon btw).

i havent really made a team yet that i think its good, i just been running around using whatever trying to make some sets i thought, work. some other things i was looking at was trying to replicate a trapinch / muk core that was insanely good a while back, but havent really had much success yet. swoobat is a really fun mon to use with the coverage it gets and nasty plot + simple. bronzor is still a nice defensive prowess for fatter teams but the loss of psywave makes it even more passive than its ever been and can easily be taken advantage of. also gonna start testing with grapploct soon, seems like an insanely good stallbreaker that single handedly pressures fatter teams because of octolock. i think thats all my thoughts after a few games. seems cool, might pick the game back up.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy / Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Tri Attack / Double-Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

This mon is really cool as a specially defensive pivot. Swoobat's being spammed all over the place, so it's so satisfying to see this guy take a fat 60 from +2 def/+3 special attack Stored Power and cripple the bat with Thunder Wave. Unlike Munchlax it also isn't a total momentum sap thanks to U-turn actually making it prime at getting in allies. Now if only Return still existed...

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Defog
- Parting Shot / U-turn
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Poison's main niche over other forms is being a Toxic Spikes absorber. Other than that it does typical Silv stuff.

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This mon is actually insanely goated and contrary to popular belief its applications extend far, FAR beyond hyper offense. In this Silvally-ridden meta being able to not just block, but benefit from Parting Shot spam is such an awesome asset, in addition to the Defog and Intimidate cucking we all know and love. Really it's a perfect storm of traits; Defiant being a top 3 ability in this format, STAB Knock Off, being one of the handful of viable Steel types and even having priority STAB Sucker Punch. Oh yeah, it's also yet another viable check to Swoobat, mostly stopping variants without Heat Wave. God almighty I love this mon and encourage everyone who hasn't tried it to please do so.

(also
if you count all the forms as one entity)
These are the most common Pokemon I have seen thus far on my laddering excursions. Definitely some strong and/or fast boys here, with Mawile being the definitive blanket check to a ton of threats and Silvally just kinda doing everything between all the freakin forms it has. Bulky offense is the name of the game with the occasional Pincurchin + Swoobat and stall builds intermixed in.

This meta is honestly so goofy, it really is the reboot PU needed after the weird RU-lite mess Gen 7 was. I love seeing all this gutter trash be the gods of the format again, like they were always meant to be! Whether this format is awesome enough for me to suffer through laddering and play more frequently remains to be seen, but for now I'm jammin'.

I've had a lot of fun in SS PU, way more than I had in USUM.
+
+
=
Profit
Swoobat imo is the scariest offensive threat in PU. Especially in combination w/ Pincurchin which gives a +2 boost to def. Swoobat can be hard to take down when it has +2 to both defensive stats and it just throws off Stored Powers decimating everything. Mawile and Pawniard don't appreciate a Heat Wave and Sucker Punch isn't an issue. Spiky Pyuku can set spikes, terrain and Memento making a great partner. When properly played around status Swoobat can easily destroy a team. Not bringing a reliable check would be unwise as Swoobat can very easily get out of hand and 6-0. This combo reminds me of Koko and Hawlucha except Swoobat is even stronger as Stored Power is a 100+ BP move and spiky Pyuku can set spikes.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For those of you new here, HJAD and I do a podcast to talk about PU things (I think it started ironically or something, idk). This week we had Specs and talked about our initial PU Alpha impressions, what we think is good, etc. I don't always make a post here when we do this, but this one is especially relevant given it's purely new meta discussion and has us discussing things from this thread. For the sane people who don't want to watch, the one take I'll summarize here is I think people are going a bit overboard on the Swoobat hype. It's absolutely a good Pokemon but we have a pretty solid amount of checks and counterplay that aren't too bad to fit onto an average team, especially relative to other things that I'm finding annoying like Throh.

SS PU Alpha Tour usage stats - R1

e: detailed silvally usage stats here!
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Silvally           |   92 |  74.19% |  47.83% |
| 2    | Mawile             |   45 |  36.29% |  53.33% |
| 3    | Clefairy           |   33 |  26.61% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Ninjask            |   26 |  20.97% |  46.15% |
| 5    | Stonjourner        |   25 |  20.16% |  32.00% |
| 6    | Persian            |   24 |  19.35% |  62.50% |
| 7    | Trapinch           |   23 |  18.55% |  39.13% |
| 8    | Throh              |   22 |  17.74% |  40.91% |
| 9    | Roselia            |   21 |  16.94% |  61.90% |
| 10   | Arctovish          |   20 |  16.13% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Lapras             |   20 |  16.13% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Carkol             |   20 |  16.13% |  55.00% |
| 10   | Manectric          |   20 |  16.13% |  45.00% |
| 14   | Swoobat            |   17 |  13.71% |  35.29% |
| 15   | Basculin           |   16 |  12.90% |  56.25% |
| 16   | Liepard            |   15 |  12.10% |  53.33% |
| 17   | Raichu             |   13 |  10.48% |  69.23% |
| 17   | Vespiquen          |   13 |  10.48% |  61.54% |
| 17   | Pawniard           |   13 |  10.48% |  53.85% |
| 17   | Musharna           |   13 |  10.48% |  46.15% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |   11 |   8.87% |  63.64% |
| 21   | Beheeyem           |   11 |   8.87% |  18.18% |
| 22   | Glaceon            |   10 |   8.06% |  70.00% |
| 22   | Gourgeist-Super    |   10 |   8.06% |  60.00% |
| 22   | Noctowl            |   10 |   8.06% |  60.00% |
| 22   | Mr. Mime           |   10 |   8.06% |  40.00% |
| 26   | Pincurchin         |    9 |   7.26% |  44.44% |
| 26   | Dusclops           |    9 |   7.26% |  44.44% |
| 26   | Type: Null         |    9 |   7.26% |  22.22% |
| 29   | Ludicolo           |    8 |   6.45% |  87.50% |
| 29   | Shiinotic          |    8 |   6.45% |  62.50% |
| 29   | Gastly             |    8 |   6.45% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Fraxure            |    7 |   5.65% |  28.57% |
| 33   | Vibrava            |    6 |   4.84% |  83.33% |
| 33   | Bellossom          |    6 |   4.84% |  66.67% |
| 33   | Bronzor            |    6 |   4.84% |  33.33% |
| 33   | Machoke            |    6 |   4.84% |  33.33% |
| 37   | Drakloak           |    5 |   4.03% |  80.00% |
| 37   | Gloom              |    5 |   4.03% |  60.00% |
| 37   | Mareanie           |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 37   | Solrock            |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 41   | Seaking            |    4 |   3.23% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Trevenant          |    4 |   3.23% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Hattrem            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Eiscue             |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Chinchou           |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Pikachu            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Duosion            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Thievul            |    4 |   3.23% |  25.00% |
| 49   | Beartic            |    3 |   2.42% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Wartortle          |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Palpitoad          |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Koffing            |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Leafeon            |    3 |   2.42% |  33.33% |
| 49   | Heatmor            |    3 |   2.42% |  33.33% |
| 49   | Greedent           |    3 |   2.42% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Meowstic-F         |    3 |   2.42% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Dusknoir           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Klang              |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Charjabug          |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Frillish           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Thwackey           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Vulpix             |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Mudbray            |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Grapploct          |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Ivysaur            |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Wishiwashi         |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Vullaby            |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Morgrem            |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Maractus           |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Delibird           |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Octillery          |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Gourgeist          |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Trubbish           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Shedinja           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Munchlax           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Dwebble            |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Drilbur            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Basculin-Blue-Striped |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Torracat           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Hakamo-o           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Glalie             |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Lunatone           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Darumaka           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Gothitelle         |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Sudowoodo          |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Swirlix            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |

Last edited:

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
I have a day off so since we have these stats, I think it would be fun to analyze the top 10 (11?) mons in the

:silvally:
So obviously this doesn't differentiate the different Silvally types, but it's no secret that a Silvally form is almost mandatory on a team. Whether you use it for support or as an offensive sweeper, most Silvally types have a good impact on the metagame. Water is a decent pivot into Arctovish and handles Trapinch, Stonjourner, etc. pretty well, while types like Ground, Fighting, Dragon, Poison, and Flying all have a pretty good chance to sweep with Swords Dance and Silvally's wide coverage options. I think some of the more underused types like Fire, Electric, and Psychic could also have niches since there aren't many other strong physical sweepers of those types. Definitely deserves the #1 spot in usage.

:mawile:
This is such a good glue mon right now. Checks Stonjourner and Ninjask, pivots into Arctovish, provides Stealth Rock support, Knock Off, can Taunt to prevent Defog, and I've even seen one run Magnet Rise so that it can't be revenge killed by Trapinch. I think there's no doubt that Intimidate is the best set, and while I've seen some people try to make Sheer Force work, I think the utility of the support set is far too good to pass up.

:clefairy:
Not going to lie, I haven't seen too much of this but Clef kind of does what it always does. It's fat, sets up rocks, Softboiled or Wish for healing. It also has Teleport now to help pivot around and help Wish pass. It's always going to be a good Pokemon but I especially think the buff to Multi Attack made it a little worse, as now a +2 Silvally OHKOs SpDef Clefairy while in USUM it could at least live one and Thunder Wave it. Clef is still good, though I don't know how much I think it'll stay at #3 in usage.

:ninjask:
Honestly I think this mon is probably one of the best in the tier. I'm more partial to the Acrobatics set, but people love Heavy-Duty Boots. It's fairly one-dimensional, but even so, it still can run through teams. Stonjourner and Mawile check it but the former can actually be 2HKOed if you want to be really cheeky and run Giga Drain. Really really good mon, crazy to think it'd be this good because of one new item and a new move after the past two generations.

:stonjourner:
Man if this mon didn't have the SpDef of a wet paper towel (which would honestly probably OHKO it) it'd be too good. Stealth Rock 3 attacks, Rock Polish, AV, Choice Band, and Choice Scarf are all variants I've seen. Its somewhat surprising speed tier actually makes it able to outspeed most of the metagame with a Scarf or at +2 especially since most Ninjask aren't even running that much Speed investment. Unfortunately, it's another mon that suffers from the prevalence of Silvally as even a hindered nature Surf can easily OHKO normal Stones.

:persian:
Good Speed tier, strong STAB Fake Out and Double-Edge, Water coverage for Stonjourner and Trapinch, U-turn for momentum. Pretty much only has one job but it does that job really well. I'm not sure that it deserves this much usage but I guess it's alright.

:trapinch:
If any mon on this list were broken, I think it's this one. Arena Trap letting it come in and revenge kill something almost all the time is pretty crazy. The two biggest sets right now are Choice Band and Eviolite with Eviolite being a little bit more popular from what I've seen. They always share three moves: Earthquake, First Impression, and Earth Power, with Choice Band either running Rock Slide or Toxic, and Eviolite running Protect or Toxic. Whatever set it runs, it's almost guaranteed to get at least one kill in a game, if not more. Hopefully OU bans Arena Trap soon because not having this thing would be so much easier on my building process.

:throh:
This bulky ass mon is still really good, especially with the lack of real Fighting resists in the tier (somehow every gen it seems like we get fewer and fewer). Circle Throw seems like its biggest niche, being able to force sweepers like Silvally out which is great because its huge bulk lets it take at least one hit from them. It also appreciates a meta where Roselia and Carkol get so much usage because Spikes helps it rack up more damage on the switches it forces. Also Bulk Up Storm Throw sets let it break past defensive boosts and walls. Didn't expect this mon to have so much usage but I don't think it's undeserved.

:roselia:
Another mon that I haven't really seen all that much but can understand why it's up here. Spikes are super valuable, and a setter that has reliable recovery and good bulk means that even if they get removed mid game, they can always come back up. Checks Clefairy, Mawile, Water Silvally (arguably the most common), and also can at least threaten Trapinch and Stonjourner if the Stone isn't running Heat Crash. It can also kind of check Fishious Rend from Arctovish but I'd hate to risk it to an Icicle Crash.

:arctovish:
Good mon for sure but I definitely think it's been overhyped for a few reasons. Water/Ice isn't a terrible typing but Rocks do it no favors, FIshious Rend is a cool move if it had more than 55 Speed, and its physical coverage is still pretty lacking. That being said, it is still a good mon and it deserves this usage. Its low natural Speed is usable enough for a Choice Scarf set, access to Freeze Dry helps it beat would-be checks, and it has pretty decent bulk for an offensive mon. I've heard some people call to ban it when possible and while it's definitely good, but I think it's pretty manageable in the tier so far. Keep in mind a common moveset is Fishious Rend/Icicle Crash/Freeze Dry/Stone Edge for the next entry too.

:lapras:
Lapras is another good mon, with similar attributes to Arctovish. Both share a typing, commonly run Freeze-Dry, and have really good bulk. The differences come in the ways they actually interact with each other. While Arctovish commonly runs Choice Scarf, AV maybe, or some other set geared towards offense, Lapras is perfectly content running a more tank set with either Leftovers or Heavy-Duty Boots. It's also interesting to see that the two always run coverage for each other, with Arctovish running Stone Edge or another Rock move, and Lapras with Thunderbolt. In a 1v1 matchup, AV Arctovish beats Lapras if it hits all of its Stone Edges, but Scarf loses. I think both of these mons have a lot of playing around with, and I for one am excited to see what impact these Ices can have.

Not gonna talk about Carkol even though it tied for 10 because I DON'T LIKE IT

SS PU Alpha Tour usage stats - R1

Code:
| 1    | Silvally           |   92 |  74.19% |  47.83% |
| 2    | Mawile             |   45 |  36.29% |  53.33% |
| 3    | Clefairy           |   33 |  26.61% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Ninjask            |   26 |  20.97% |  46.15% |
| 5    | Stonjourner        |   25 |  20.16% |  32.00% |
| 6    | Persian            |   24 |  19.35% |  62.50% |
| 7    | Trapinch           |   23 |  18.55% |  39.13% |
| 8    | Throh              |   22 |  17.74% |  40.91% |
| 9    | Roselia            |   21 |  16.94% |  61.90% |
| 10   | Arctovish          |   20 |  16.13% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Lapras             |   20 |  16.13% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Carkol             |   20 |  16.13% |  55.00% |
| 10   | Manectric          |   20 |  16.13% |  45.00% |
| 14   | Swoobat            |   17 |  13.71% |  35.29% |
| 15   | Basculin           |   16 |  12.90% |  56.25% |
| 16   | Liepard            |   15 |  12.10% |  53.33% |
| 17   | Raichu             |   13 |  10.48% |  69.23% |
| 17   | Vespiquen          |   13 |  10.48% |  61.54% |
| 17   | Pawniard           |   13 |  10.48% |  53.85% |
| 17   | Musharna           |   13 |  10.48% |  46.15% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |   11 |   8.87% |  63.64% |
| 21   | Beheeyem           |   11 |   8.87% |  18.18% |
| 22   | Glaceon            |   10 |   8.06% |  70.00% |
| 22   | Gourgeist-Super    |   10 |   8.06% |  60.00% |
| 22   | Noctowl            |   10 |   8.06% |  60.00% |
| 22   | Mr. Mime           |   10 |   8.06% |  40.00% |
| 26   | Pincurchin         |    9 |   7.26% |  44.44% |
| 26   | Dusclops           |    9 |   7.26% |  44.44% |
| 26   | Type: Null         |    9 |   7.26% |  22.22% |
| 29   | Ludicolo           |    8 |   6.45% |  87.50% |
| 29   | Shiinotic          |    8 |   6.45% |  62.50% |
| 29   | Gastly             |    8 |   6.45% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Fraxure            |    7 |   5.65% |  28.57% |
| 33   | Vibrava            |    6 |   4.84% |  83.33% |
| 33   | Bellossom          |    6 |   4.84% |  66.67% |
| 33   | Bronzor            |    6 |   4.84% |  33.33% |
| 33   | Machoke            |    6 |   4.84% |  33.33% |
| 37   | Drakloak           |    5 |   4.03% |  80.00% |
| 37   | Gloom              |    5 |   4.03% |  60.00% |
| 37   | Mareanie           |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 37   | Solrock            |    5 |   4.03% |  40.00% |
| 41   | Seaking            |    4 |   3.23% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Trevenant          |    4 |   3.23% |  75.00% |
| 41   | Hattrem            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Eiscue             |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Chinchou           |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Pikachu            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Duosion            |    4 |   3.23% |  50.00% |
| 41   | Thievul            |    4 |   3.23% |  25.00% |
| 49   | Beartic            |    3 |   2.42% | 100.00% |
| 49   | Wartortle          |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Palpitoad          |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Koffing            |    3 |   2.42% |  66.67% |
| 49   | Leafeon            |    3 |   2.42% |  33.33% |
| 49   | Heatmor            |    3 |   2.42% |  33.33% |
| 49   | Greedent           |    3 |   2.42% |   0.00% |
| 49   | Meowstic-F         |    3 |   2.42% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Dusknoir           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Klang              |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Charjabug          |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Frillish           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Thwackey           |    2 |   1.61% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Vulpix             |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Mudbray            |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Grapploct          |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Ivysaur            |    2 |   1.61% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Wishiwashi         |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Vullaby            |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Morgrem            |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Maractus           |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Delibird           |    2 |   1.61% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Octillery          |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Gourgeist          |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Trubbish           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Shedinja           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Munchlax           |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Dwebble            |    1 |   0.81% | 100.00% |
| 71   | Drilbur            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Basculin-Blue-Striped |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Torracat           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Hakamo-o           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Glalie             |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Lunatone           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Darumaka           |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Gothitelle         |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Sudowoodo          |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
| 71   | Swirlix            |    1 |   0.81% |   0.00% |
exist some forme of seing what silvally has more usage??

Swoobat has been kind of hit-or-miss from my experience (and I think the problem is that I'm using it too early in the game). On the one hand, it despises poison and paralysis, it's prone to being worn down by faster Pokemon and priority (maybe I should try running Roost?), and it can only really work its magic once per match (unless you manage to get rid of all your opponent's physical attackers before sending it out again). On the other hand it shreds slower teams like paper, and Pincurchin can easily set it up for a sweep with Memento, Spikes, and Tspikes/Thunder Wave. Chances are I'm using it wrong: Up until now I've been using it as a sweeper in the early game, and there certainly are times where I've managed to pull that off. But the more I think about it, the better Swoobat would function in the late game, when the faster Pokemon and priority users that can check it are weakened. As useful as Pincurchin's Spikes would be early-game, you kind of need the spiky babey later on to prepare Swoobat for a sweep.

Or maybe you could run Meowstic alongside Pincurchin in order to make the bat harder to revenge kill? That could probably work.

Just wanna share a team that has been really successful for me. Was able to top ladder at 1535 elo, only losing 1 or 2 games with the squad.

https://pokepast.es/a36e14c09692e004

I'm too lazy to post sprites, but I'll share a few of my thoughts:

Hattrem is surprisingly very effective on an offensive build like this. It has one job and that's to keep rocks off which it does nicely against the most common rock user, Mawile.

Ninjask is ridiculously good, I run max speed so I can click Protect to revenge kill weather sweepers which were common on mid to low ladder.

Arctovish breaks stuff and appreciates no rocks being up just as much as Jask. Also it pairs nice with toxic Throh because of Throh's ability to whittle gourg which is popular rn

Mawile is necessary to check basically every physical threat and counter Jask

Silvally-Ground necessary volt answer (Manetric is ridiculously good). Early game breaker/late game sweeper. U-turn keeps momentum which is what this team is all about.

Throh was added because I needed a bulky blanket check to special attackers. Toxic +protect isn't an actual set but it's so good, use it

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I wanted to share an image, but I dislike every picture of clefairy and I'm sure I'm not alone

Spread is random numbers that felt legit cause it doesn't need max special D and needs some Def.

Trash can (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave /Knock off
- Encore
- Stealth Rock /Teleport
- Wish

Encore is really interesting tech on clefairy, what are the odds something will switch in and try to set up or instantly scare You out into something else after a wish? Encore is the only logical alternative to protect

So far it's been a really good way to keep generating more free turns, something You nearly never get from a stall mon.

Mmmm momentum into arctovish

Consider encore over protect on clefairy if You're confident it might help vs set up threats

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:sm/pawniard:
Pawniard kinda fresh doe (and not in UU this time)

Great dual STABs, a phenomenal Defog check, and access to strong STAB priority makes it an incredibly strong win-con and a phenomenal answer to common hazard removers in the tier such as Noctowl or a weakened Silvally. The latter's Parting Shot/Defogs.... yikes. It's worth noting it hard loses to Fighting/Ground variants, but it can pick off the latter with Sucker Punch if it is already considerably chipped. Additionally, the overall slow speed of the tier also works to its benefit, as it is also able to easily outrun the mons it checks and even nail some offensive Pokemon as well, such as Arctovish or offensive Mawile. What's also nice is its ability to pry apart defensive cores with its aforementioned dual stabs and shred the common Clefairy and defensive Mawile (Intimidate only raising its attack).

That being said, this thing is frail. And, despite outpacing a lot of defensive mons and some offensive ones, most Silvally, Throh, and Stonjourner give it an extremely hard time switching in and staying in to capitalize on Defogs. Whether its speed is just straight up bad, has a poor type matchup, or is just frail, there's no denying that Pawniard is by no means fit for balance or bulky squads. I believe Pawniard best shines on Hyper Offense, where such things as Pincurchin can hazard stack, and Pawniard can threaten against use of Defog thanks to its wonderful ability and niche as a whole. Additionally, it greatly appreciates Web support. You have things like Charjabug or Shuckle to set them and allow Pawniard to break bulky squads, and if they want to get speed control back, they have to endure great punishment from Pawniard's +2 (or maybe even +4) STAB Iron Heads/Knock Offs. HO is also useful in the aspect that its usual checks in Silvally and Throh can be greatly whittled down by teammates and allow for Sucker Punch/Iron Head to clean in the late game.

Overall, super cool mon. I expect this thing to pretty much be a staple on HO if it isn't already based on the usage stats I'm seeing

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Lots of people here and on other meta discussion threads tend to talk about what works well and is rising/should rise in popularity in the current meta. Imma break the mold from these posts and talk about something you should never use in any circumstance

After seeing best girl Eve's post and various other mentions of people finding success with vanilla Darumaka, I wanted to see if its Galarian cousin could make the donuts. Spoiler alert: It kinda sorta doesn't at all

Immediately when I began building, I noticed it doesn't get Icicle Crash. Now Ice Punch doesn't sound so bad, especially since its accuracy isn't as badly fricced by Hustle, but its still a pretty big power drop that made me go "uh oh" right off the bat.

Now I'd make a comment here about how it underdamages and fails to secure critical KOes, but that would entail me actually being able to get some hits in with it. And the fact of the matter is, this guy is stupid tough to get in, like basically impossible unless everything goes just right. I've had too many games on a Webs squad no less where one thing was always off that made me switch to something else even after a sack, like "oh wait this guy outspeeds even after webs" or "no wait i can't take hits worth shit". And oh yeah, if you thought regular Darumaka had no defensive utility, you ain't seen nothing yet, Galarian Darumaka can't even be an emergency switch-in to a stray Ninjask U-Turn or Gourgeist Power Whip.

tl;dr just use Arctovish or Glaceon

still better than eiscue tho

A lot of people have been asking for detailed Silvally usage stats for alpha tour R1. While unfortunately the program used to create usage stats from replays cannot differentiate between Silvally formes, yours truly has no life and has watched all 62 replays and compiled the stats for everyone to enjoy. Unsure if I'll keep being able to do these as my semester starts in 2 days but I'll try :toast:

Missing from the chart are 6 Silvallys whose formes haven't been revealed, as well as all Silvally formes not usable in PU (Fairy, Ghost, Steel).

:silvally: Silvally usage stats - R1 :silvally:
1583529388737.png

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
1583613591890.png 1583613612571.png 1583613632801.png 1583613643787.png 1583613660035.png 1583613727322.png (Click Images for Copyable)
Hey again. I just wanted to post some power I've been playing with lately and give some thoughts on the team members and team as a whole. Overall, I've really been enjoying the meta and I can definitely see it go places in the future once Trapinch gets banned.

Klang: I've found that the extra SpD plus its stall breaking potential gives Klang a niche over Mawile as a Steel that's very valuable rn. Especially on builds centered around hazards, you really need a way to beat Heavy Duty spam. Love this mon though

Arctovish: Hits dummy hard, you already know. Although, along side Tspikes, Arctovish is actually such a headache to play against. Defensive typing is nice too, especially along side Silvally as a reliable Defogger

Musharna: Honestly, this mon might be too much. Its nuclear Future Sights force so many switches, its disgusting. Evs allow you to outspeed uninvested Grapploct and apposing Musharna. Defense and HP give you the highest chance not to be 2HKOed by Pawniard Knock Off after the Colbur Berry has been busted.

Sillvally-Dragon: Underrated imo. Dragon really pressures Mawile and its teammates with Draco + Flamethrower and and completes a Steel, Fairy, Dragon core with Klang and Mawile. Just drop Dracs on stuff, its good.

Mawile: You need this thing on like every team to stop cheese. Rocky Helmet is cool for dissuading Rapid Spin ig

Roselia: The best Tspiker in the game, hands down. Pretty much perfectly compliments Mawile defensively and applies crap loads of pressure through its hazards and workable SpA. Don't sleep, Tspikes is gonna be the wave.

In summary, just outplay Trapinch (lol). See you on the ladder. Stay woke

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Thunderbolt

Probably the mon I have the most fun using rn. I love Future Sight, it's such a strong and interesting move, and this set enables you to throw out really strong Future Sights and then pivot safely into another attacker to pressure teams with a dual attack the next turn. This is really, really potent against Stall, and its bulk+recover+slow pivot makes it useful vs offensive teams too. Thunderbolt is nice coverage and is naturally strong thanks to Analytic and Beheeyem's great spattk even when uninvested.
I'd like to talk about this set a little bit and some strategies around it. I just want to preface this by saying I haven't played a ton of PU yet, but I used this Beheeyem set extensively in NU, and I have used basically every viable Future Sight + Teleport mon extensively in one tier or another throughout this gen (Mew in OU, Xatu in UU, and Beheeyem in NU and now PU are the variants I've had the most success with). I think I invented the combination in early UU. Needless to say, I think it's pretty powerful. For the record, I'd personally run a little bit of Special Attack on Beheeyem (not max) to secure kills, and I think you should consider Psychic over Thunderbolt. It helps Beheeyem itself deal with the mons it's supposed to, and for everything else, you have Teleport. This combination is most effective on bulkier teams with some hard hitters.

Here's why this combination is effective:

1. Luring. Using Future Sight very frequently lures in Dark-types the turn after it's used. Teleport is low-key broken, and Teleporting to something that can deal with those Dark-types (notably Trapinch with First Impression) allows you to remove them from the game quite easily. Psychics and Steels like Mawile, which might try to switch in, can often be dealt with by Trapinch as well. You don't have to predict these pokemon entering. Simply use teleport and switch to an appropriate answer. If you expect these pokemon to enter immediately, it's often beneficial to just raw Teleport to Trapinch or whatever. Eliminating the Darks, Psychics, and Steels on your opponent's team allows you to continue spamming Future Sight without worrying about these resists. You can also tailor your team to take advantage of the holes that will be left as a result.

2. Breaking. With the right partners, it allows you to consistently break through essentially everything, crucially, without having to rely on extremely hard-hitting, usually frail, usually prediction-reliant mons. Beheeyem's Future Sight hurts. It has a limited pool of switchins. But which of those mons can take a Multi-attack from Silvally-fire on the same turn? Note that Teleport allows you to get in this second mon without taking a hit or a status move. This is extremely beneficial. I run Synchronize on Beheeyem, since it's not usually on the field for Analytic to have an effect. If the opponent does use a status move, Beheeyem's Synchronize will activate and Beheeyem will immediately Teleport out. Teleport activates before poison or burn damage does, so Beheeyem really doesn't mind status that much.

3. Killing mons that haven't even entered the field. This is a fun one. Consider running Beheeyem with a bulky phazer like Whirlwind Munchlax, Circle Throw Throh or Grapploct, or Dragon Tail Hakamo-o or Drakloak. Future Sight turn one, then Teleport to the phazer, then phaze. You'll quite often bring in frail mons like Trapinch or Basculin, or Psychic-weak mons like Throh or Mareanie or whatever, and with a bit of Special Attack investment and maybe hazards, they'll often die to a 120 base power Future Sight. Keep in mind that people usually won't bring their Psychic-weak mons in on the turn Future Sight will hit. This tilts the odds ever so slightly in your favor when you phaze out their resists, and Beheeyem and the aforementioned phazers are bulky enough that you can often do it repeatedly. Hazards notably help secure kills when you're going this route.

A lot of playing Pokemon well is reserving Pokemon that are crucial to your win condition, or crucial to walling your opponent's team, until they're ready to come out. If they're brought out and perhaps eliminated without your consent, quite often you're on the path to losing the game. I'm not aware of any other combination that can eliminate the opposing team's pokemon without them having ever been manually brought out, except for setting hazards and repeatedly phazing. It can be quite powerful.

Sorry for the lecture! I've been using this combination for months and I haven't really seen it around much. Give it a shot! If people are curious about effective users in other tiers, message me I guess?

Last edited:
just a couple things I've been doing alright with

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

this set is actually Yung Dramps' but I'm posting about it before he can pog

Anyway, this thing is a really solid toxic spikes setter. This build outspeeds Mawile and can pretty much stop it from doing much as a lead with the threat of Will-O and Flamethrower. Neutralising Gas is a super cool tech too - while you lose the immunity it allows Koffing to safely wall Throh and well as chip away at Clefairy by being able to damage it with poison AND get spikes up against the occasional magic bouncer 40HP obviously sucks but you can eat a fair amount of physical damage and safely get your hazards up, although not being able to run haze and toxic does kinda suck.

Noctowl @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Hyper Voice

Noctowl has awful physical bulk and kind of an annoying speed tier, but specs Hurricane hits ridiculously hard. Basically anything without decent spdef gets completely shredded, and it can force a switch which often whatever your opponent brings in gets 2hko'ed anyway. You can run modest or bulky if you don't feel like rolling on winning a speed tie with Stonjourner but I prefer speed investment for things like Glaceon.

also Pawniard is ridiculous but you don’t need me to tell you that

Last edited:
Well, i going share this team which helps me to take #1 (Before tjay destroys my hopes and dreams).
Im too lazy to search sprites soo, theres going April Fools sprites.

(click to import)

Leafeon is the Powerfull Wallbreaker, thanks to his speed and power. He can destroy most part of mon;
Trapinch helps Leafeon to defeat his main entrances like Mawile and Charcol. Which gives more Leafeon opportunities on Wallbreaking;
Mawile is the most viable rocker, also a good Psychic resist and the best answer for the famous Ninjask;
Silvally-Water is the Hazard Control, also, a solid second option to stop Silvally-Ground, Arctovish and Stonjourner
Throh is the Spc.Def wall of team, helping vs Special mon such as Manectric and Lapras, and stopping some setups.
Ninjask is a cool mon thanks to his great speed and acess to Acrobatics making powerfull sweeps, also, hes gets some help from Trapinch.

Screenshot_43.png

I should make a more detailed explanation about the team, but, im lazy.​

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
hey, so sd acrobatics ninjask is one of the most threatening wincons rn and there's not a ton of answers - mawile, stonjourner, carkol to name a few, but one key weakness they all have is a weakness to ground-types, notably trapinch.
here's a fun answer i've found that is suprisingly splashable and compresses a few things in one; sd honedge.

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

quick edit: just been informed this gets cc so use that instead

252+ Atk Honedge Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 364-429 (112.6 - 132.8%)
+2 252+ Atk Ninjask Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Honedge: 102-120 (34.6 - 40.8%)
+2 252+ Atk Ninjask U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Honedge: 32-38 (10.8 - 12.9%)
+2 252+ Atk Ninjask Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Honedge: 37-44 (12.5 - 14.9%)
this is at +2 just a reminder. boots users are a non-issue.

easily checks ninjask, better than most things, while also being immune to tspikes and resistant to rocks. it also cannot be trapped by arena trap due to its ghost-typing. so what else does it do?
it sets up on mawile and clefairy, arguably the two most common rockers at the mo. it walls roselia, softchecks stonjourner, and is suprisingly hard to switch into; sacred sword covers a lot of ground and prevents pokemon like pawniard and liepard from coming in (while also breaking through iron defence type: null, although i haven't seen anyone use that yet this gen). probably the most fun thing about this mon is a lot of people are using mons like mawile, beheeyem and vespiquen to try and blanket check physical attackers because of how powerful ninjask & throh are, respectively, so you often just find games where you can just click gyro ball and kill something because their only tank gets set up on.
gyro ball is used over iron head to OHKO ninjask, and really hits most things harder other than the slowest mons like musharna and throh. it does pretty impressive damage, too, notably dealing 50-60% to leafeon and 60-70% to neutral silvally forms like ground and dark, mons that aren't particularly frail. shadow sneak is just nice to have as filler, offensively checking mons like swoobat and offensive gourgeist after a bit of chip while securing kills on mons that might just barely be out of range of a singular gyro ball/sacred sword. try it out!

Last edited:

Gastly @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp/Trick

Yeah I've been having loads of fun with this. It's surpringly hard to switch into, and not much in this tier wants to take ghost/poision coverage (apart from something like Noctowl or SpD Throh), especially with hazards/chance of Sludge Bomb poision or Shadow Ball SpD drop. Found it most effective as a late-game cleaner, just spamming STABs. Tbolt pretty much exclusively to hit Arctovish (often surprising scarf sets). I use WoW in case of emergencies with Mawile/Pawniard Sucker Punch games, but I guess you could try Trick out if that's more your mood

:mawile: SS PU Alpha Tour usage stats - R2 :mawile:
Now with 100% more detailed Silvally stats - big shoutout to Nailec for helping put together the stats!
Code:
| -    | Silvally-*         |   53 |  73.61% |  45.28% |
| 1    | Mawile             |   34 |  47.22% |  55.88% |
| 2    | Clefairy           |   22 |  30.56% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Silvally-Ground    |   17 |  23.61% |  58.82% |
| 4    | Ninjask            |   16 |  22.22% |  56.25% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 4    | Stonjourner        |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 4    | Arctovish          |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 7    | Persian            |   14 |  19.44% |  71.43% |
| 8    | Lapras             |   12 |  16.67% |  75.00% |
| 8    | Raichu             |   12 |  16.67% |  41.67% |
| 8    | Gourgeist-Super    |   12 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Silvally-Dragon    |   11 |  15.28% |  63.64% |
| 11   | Throh              |   11 |  15.28% |  36.36% |
| 11   | Manectric          |   11 |  15.28% |  27.27% |
| 14   | Leafeon            |   10 |  13.89% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Vibrava            |   10 |  13.89% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Roselia            |    9 |  12.50% |  77.78% |
| 16   | Trapinch           |    9 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Pawniard           |    9 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Noctowl            |    9 |  12.50% |  55.56% |
| 16   | Heatmor            |    9 |  12.50% |  33.33% |
| 21   | Carkol             |    7 |   9.72% |  57.14% |
| 22   | Mareanie           |    6 |   8.33% |  83.33% |
| 22   | Liepard            |    6 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Silvally-Poison    |    6 |   8.33% |  16.67% |
| 25   | Mr. Mime           |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Grapploct          |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Glaceon            |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Silvally-Water     |    5 |   6.94% |  20.00% |
| 29   | Togetic            |    4 |   5.56% |  75.00% |
| 29   | Gourgeist          |    4 |   5.56% |  75.00% |
| 29   | Eiscue             |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Musharna           |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Shuckle            |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Shiinotic          |    4 |   5.56% |  25.00% |
| 29   | Hattrem            |    4 |   5.56% |  25.00% |
| 36   | Pikachu            |    3 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Bellossom          |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Beheeyem           |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Silvally-Fighting  |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Type: Null         |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Vespiquen          |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Gloom              |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Trevenant          |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Silvally-Fire      |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Fraxure            |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Ludicolo           |    3 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 36   | Wartortle          |    3 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Meowstic-F         |    2 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 48   | Palpitoad          |    2 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 48   | Hippopotas         |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Pincurchin         |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Vulpix             |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Ivysaur            |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Octillery          |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Dusclops           |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Mudbray            |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Silvally-Dark      |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Silvally           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Meowstic           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Basculin           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Duosion            |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Electric  |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-???       |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Torracat           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Bronzor            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Swoobat            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Honedge            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Seaking            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Charjabug          |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Wailord            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Chinchou           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Drakloak           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Flying    |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Psychic   |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Beartic            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Vulpix-Alola       |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Klang              |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Thievul            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Koffing            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Thwackey           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Pancham            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Zweilous           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Hakamo-o           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Vullaby            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Solrock            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Frillish           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Gastly             |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Since the old Gen 8 PU Speculation thread got archived, I'm gonna move over my list of relevant new TR/TM moves that old possibly returning mons are going to be getting if they return in the DLC packs. I'm including a lot of mons based on whether they've been PU in the past, but with these new moves and other meta changes in gen 8, they may not return (hence the speculation part).
These moves were revealed in a datamine of Pokemon HOME.

Beware as the list may contain spoilers of what Pokemon are confirmed to be returning if you're someone who would rather leave it as a surprise.

March 30th Update: Now including mons that are confirmed returning but don't necessarily have new moves, they'll just have a picture then blank space

Note: only mons with a * by their name are CONFIRMED to be returning as per promotional material, I'll update the list as more mons get confirmed
:raticate: Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
:raticate-alola: Beat Up, Body Slam, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
:fearow: Brave Bird
:sandslash::sandslash-alola: Spikes, Agility
:wigglytuff: Self-Destruct, Draining Kiss
*:golduck: does NOT get NP or Aura Sphere :blobsad:
:poliwrath: Drain Punch, Superpower, Muddy Water, Close Combat, Darkest Lariat, Liquidation
:golem-alola: Body Slam
:hypno: Self-Destruct, Draining Kiss
:scyther: Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Psycho Cut
:jynx: Future Sight, Stored Power
:pinsir: High Horsepower
:kabutops: Rock Blast, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison, Razor Shell
*:articuno: Weather Ball, Icicle Spear, Brave Bird

:miltank: Body Press

:mightyena: Nasty Plot, Psychic Fangs
:hariyama: Heat Crash
:aggron: Rock Blast, Body Press
:grumpig: Nasty Plot
:spinda: Superpower (legal with Rapid Spin)
:seviper: Power Whip
:cradily: Rock Blast, Power Whip
:absol: Close Combat
*:walrein: Swords Dance, Icicle Spear, Hydro Pump, Heavy Slam, Liquidation, Body Press
:relicanth: Rock Blast, Liquidation, Body Press
*:metang: Cosmic Power
*:regirock: Rock Blast, Body Press (RIP PU Regirock, this is gone)
*:regice:

:luxray: Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, Agility
:lopunny: Play Rough, Close Combat, Acrobatics, U-turn, Reversal
:spiritomb: Hex, Phantom Force
:lickilicky: Hydro Pump, Body Press
*:electivire: Weather Ball, Darkest Lariat
:probopass: Future Sight, Heavy Slam, Body Press
*:mesprit: Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, Encore, Nasty Plot, Stored Power, Play Rough (we lose this thing for sure now)
:regigigas: Protect, Rest, Darkest Lariat, Heat Crash, Body Press (this can actually be a threat with Protect and Rest)

:audino: Body Slam
:lilligant: Pollen Puff
:carracosta: Rock Blast, Razor Shell
:emolga: Energy Ball
*:cryogonal: Self-Destruct
:bouffalant: Body Slam, Close Combat

*:fletchinder:
*:aurorus: Weather Ball, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Body Slam
*:dedenne:
:carbink: Charm, Body Press

*:lycanroc::lycanroc-midnight: Play Rough, Rock Blast, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
:lurantis: Bullet Seed, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison
:guzzlord: Body Slam, Heat Crash, Body Press

Last edited:
:mawile: SS PU Alpha Tour usage stats - R2 :mawile:
Now with 100% more detailed Silvally stats - big shoutout to Nailec for helping put together the stats!
Code:
| -    | Silvally-*         |   53 |  73.61% |  45.28% |
| 1    | Mawile             |   34 |  47.22% |  55.88% |
| 2    | Clefairy           |   22 |  30.56% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Silvally-Ground    |   17 |  23.61% |  58.82% |
| 4    | Ninjask            |   16 |  22.22% |  56.25% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 4    | Stonjourner        |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 4    | Arctovish          |   16 |  22.22% |  43.75% |
| 7    | Persian            |   14 |  19.44% |  71.43% |
| 8    | Lapras             |   12 |  16.67% |  75.00% |
| 8    | Raichu             |   12 |  16.67% |  41.67% |
| 8    | Gourgeist-Super    |   12 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Silvally-Dragon    |   11 |  15.28% |  63.64% |
| 11   | Throh              |   11 |  15.28% |  36.36% |
| 11   | Manectric          |   11 |  15.28% |  27.27% |
| 14   | Leafeon            |   10 |  13.89% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Vibrava            |   10 |  13.89% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Roselia            |    9 |  12.50% |  77.78% |
| 16   | Trapinch           |    9 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Pawniard           |    9 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Noctowl            |    9 |  12.50% |  55.56% |
| 16   | Heatmor            |    9 |  12.50% |  33.33% |
| 21   | Carkol             |    7 |   9.72% |  57.14% |
| 22   | Mareanie           |    6 |   8.33% |  83.33% |
| 22   | Liepard            |    6 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Silvally-Poison    |    6 |   8.33% |  16.67% |
| 25   | Mr. Mime           |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Grapploct          |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Glaceon            |    5 |   6.94% |  40.00% |
| 25   | Silvally-Water     |    5 |   6.94% |  20.00% |
| 29   | Togetic            |    4 |   5.56% |  75.00% |
| 29   | Gourgeist          |    4 |   5.56% |  75.00% |
| 29   | Eiscue             |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Musharna           |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Shuckle            |    4 |   5.56% |  50.00% |
| 29   | Shiinotic          |    4 |   5.56% |  25.00% |
| 29   | Hattrem            |    4 |   5.56% |  25.00% |
| 36   | Pikachu            |    3 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Bellossom          |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Beheeyem           |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Silvally-Fighting  |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Type: Null         |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Vespiquen          |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Gloom              |    3 |   4.17% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Trevenant          |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Silvally-Fire      |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Fraxure            |    3 |   4.17% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Ludicolo           |    3 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 36   | Wartortle          |    3 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Meowstic-F         |    2 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 48   | Palpitoad          |    2 |   2.78% | 100.00% |
| 48   | Hippopotas         |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Pincurchin         |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Vulpix             |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Ivysaur            |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Octillery          |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Dusclops           |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Mudbray            |    2 |   2.78% |  50.00% |
| 48   | Silvally-Dark      |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Silvally           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Meowstic           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Basculin           |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 48   | Duosion            |    2 |   2.78% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Electric  |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-???       |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Torracat           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Bronzor            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Swoobat            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Honedge            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Seaking            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Charjabug          |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Wailord            |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Chinchou           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Drakloak           |    1 |   1.39% | 100.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Flying    |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Silvally-Psychic   |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Beartic            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Vulpix-Alola       |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Klang              |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Thievul            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Koffing            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Thwackey           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Pancham            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Zweilous           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Hakamo-o           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Vullaby            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Solrock            |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Frillish           |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
| 62   | Gastly             |    1 |   1.39% |   0.00% |
Few observations:
- Mawile and Silvally are still everywhere
- Ground is still the most popular Silvally
- Swoobat fell off HARD in usage wtf happened
- And on the other end of the spectrum, Raichu shot up to being tied for 8... nice to see Chu getting usage.
- Manectric has a shit winrate despite its decently high usage
- Mareanie has a super high winrate fsr

I wanna contribute something to this discussion, so Imma share the Webs user I've been loving the most so far.

DURACELL
1583856917105.png

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Filler

Okay first off, this thing gets a signature ability? I mean, it's useless in singles, but I could've sworn it just got Swarm or something.

But back on topic, the reason why I think this is one of the better ones is because of its access to Volt Switch. Coupled with it's good bulk, decent typing, and low speed, it can switch in and pivot out pretty easily. The moves are pretty self explanatory, with Toxic making up for its lack of offense. The filler slot can really be anything since it's movepool is kinda dreadful. I used to run Discharge until I realized how many Electric-immunities there are in the tier. I've been using X-Scissor instead. Other options include Thunder Wave, Light Screen (It doesn't learn Reflect lol) or Rest.

It basically has no offensive potential, but then again neither does its competition. At least Charjabug can pivot out into something more threatening.

Also don't be an idiot like me and autopilot Sticky Web vs. a Pawniard. It's not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)