Project SS UU Lure That Threat! Week 25: Slowking (Submissions)

Voting stage is over! Congratulations to TotomonGang for winning the week with their SubPunch Alakazam! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame shortly. Now, lets take a look at this week's threat you have to lure!
:ss/Moltres:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

This week we have Moltres. One of the new drops from OU, moltres has made quite a bang in UU. Its fire flying typing gives it some key resistances against steel and grass while acting as a solid offensive breaker, having high power STAB attacks and U-turn to pivot out of bad matchups switching in. Capable of taking on Pokemon like Zarude, Scizor, and Tangrowth, this rubber chicken is to not be underestimated. How will you lure this threat? Submissions are due Saturday, April 10th at 11:59 PM PST

• Love
Reactions: Rae
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 20 HP / 232 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Normally, all a Tangrowth could do is Knock Off and get rid of Moltres' boots, but with Rock Slide instead of Earthquake and some weird EVs, Tang can eat a hit and then OHKO. Power Whip would be my prefered move instead of Giga Drain because of the Attack EVs and the rest is just common AV Tang.

232+ Atk Tangrowth Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 324-384 (100.9 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Moltres Fire Blast vs. 24 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 278-330 (80.1 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reserving Celesteela!

:ss/celesteela:

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

AV Steela is able to tank a Flamethrower (Max 66%) and OHKO back with a Stone Edge, the 8 HP may look odd at first, but it ensures that you always live a LO BP from The Inevitable One, which let's you get off a Flame Charge and puts you at +2 Attack and +1 Speed, new sweeper Steela????

Last edited:
Jirachi @ Power Herb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Iron Head
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere

moltres will definitely stay in on jirachi and attempt to cook it, this set allows it to stay in and meteor beam the absolute living shit out of moltres.

252 SpA Jirachi Meteor Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 500-592 (155.7 - 184.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/aegislash-blade:
Aegislash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Head Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Destiny Bond

Its time for the KFC to return to its grave, this set just absolutely destroys moltres if they switchin and completley destroys in the 1v1.
Moltres can act as one of the many aegislash one time switchins, which means that even if we click shadow ball moltres has an incredibly big chance of getting 2hko'd
however the more interesting situation is when both moltres and scarf aegi have a clean turn, moltres literally has no reason to not u-turn or even click flamethrower being so confident that it outspeeds, then you proceed to smash its ugly face into the ground and laugh as moltres has been succesfully lured.

CALCS
252 SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Moltres: 159-187 (49.5 - 58.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 632-744 (196.8 - 231.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/kommo-o:

Kommo-o @ Coba Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Rock Slide

Moltres normally comes in for free vs this set and just hurricane but with rock slide and coba berry it will beat the moltres 1 v 1. 184 evs gives you a better chance of getting the ohko and still mainting a solid defensive stat and body press.

252 SpA Moltres Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Coba Berry Kommo-o: 169-199 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
184 Atk Kommo-o Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 304-360 (94.7 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
:ss/buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life
- Stone Edge

With a Choice Scarf and maximum Speed EVs, Buzzwole can easily outspeed Moltres (385 Speed to Moltre's 306) and send it to the Shadow Realm with Stone Edge. It works as a lure because you wouldn't expect that Buzzwole would be able to outspeed Moltres and also it's weak to both of Moltres's STABs and one of those weaknesses is a 4x weakness ofc Moltres would stay in against Buzzwole

252+ Atk Buzzwole Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 552-652 (171.9 - 203.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/zarude:
Zarude @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

U-turn bot Zarude learns Rock Slide, which everyone seems to forget. So, combined with the most common Zarude set being scarf, Zarude can bait in, outrun, and smash the Cooked Chicken.

:ss/Conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Normally Conk would die to a Hurricane from Moltres, so the moltres user would stay in on Conk. However, with an assault vest conk is able to live a hurricane and KO back with stone edge.
252 SpA Moltres Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 330-390 (79.7 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 552-652 (171.9 - 203.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With that out of the way, it's time to vote! We got a lot of submissions for this week, so that's great to see! Down below are the lures for this week
AV Rock Slide Tangrowth by Lolito
AV Physical Celesteela by Codename Magnum
:Jirachi: Meteor Beam Jirachi by HydreigonTheChild
Choice Scarf Aegislash by TotomonGang
AV Conk by Monky25
Stone Edge Cobailion by Mygrein (this set feels somewhat standard so I'll allow it for this week, but in the future I'm gonna be harsher on submissions)
Coba Berry Kommo-o by gglrg
Choice Scarf Buzzwole by StarFalcon555 (since buzzwole is a relatively new mon I'll allow it for the week, but scarf looks to be a standard set so be careful of future weeks)
Rock Slide Zarude by Sickist (meta is still adapting so I'll allow it but I wouldn't be surprised if rock slide on zarude became common now that CC isnt needed much)

Vote for your favorite submission. Voting ends Monday, April 12 at 8:00 PM PST
My vote is for Meteor Beam Jirachi, I was initially going to submit it before I was beaten to it

Last edited:
Reactions: Rae
Voting has concluded! Congrats to Codename Magnum for winning the week with their submission. It will be added to the hall of fame shortly. Since I'm gonna be busy around the normal time I make the next threat post, I will just do it now early. Anyway, the threat you have to lure for this week is...
:ss/Scizor:
Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

the inevitable one himself, Scizor! Anyone who has played the tier knows that scizor is the top dog in the metagame, having a wide variety of sets and fitting on a wide amount of team archetypes ranging from full on Hyper Offense to balance oriented teams. This set is the most common set out there due to it showing off scizor being a great cleaner with longevity, thus being the one you will have to lure for the week! How will you lure this threat? Submissions are due 11:59 PM PST on Saturday, March 17.

reserving lead lycan-d

:ss/Lycanroc-dusk:

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Accelerock
- Crunch

This kinda is a DLC 1 set, but it still is very annoying. The premise is simple, you Endeavor as they Bullet Punch you t1 as they should usually OHKO you but Focus Sash activates. Then you just kill that Scizor with your own priority! You can also set up Stealth Rock next turn or even Endeavor another Pokemon. Crunch is here for those pesky Ghost-types trying to not get endeavored.

Last edited:
Weather Ball Roserade
:ss/roserade:
Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Weather Ball
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm

For this week I wasnt content with just a set that could lure scizor I wanted something that could CHECK scizor, I could've easily said "scizor is gonna switch in in roserade, so u sunny day then weather ball". So I spent a couple of time labbing and here it is, the roserade that checks scizor.
With this ev spread you have enough bulk so that you can tank a +2 bullet punch, meaning that you can set up a spike in their scizor switch-in, then sunny day in their SD and proceed to SURVIVE and toast that scizor to death with weather ball.
And hey this set isnt completely horrid as you can still setup the now rare spikes, 1v1 other steels like jirachi, beat non zen headbutt bulu and also check keldeo.

CALCS
252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 112 HP / 252+ Def Roserade: 121-144 (41.8 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 112 HP / 252+ Def Roserade: 243-286 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Roserade Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Scizor in Sun: 632-744 (203.2 - 239.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
With Scizor being a prominent threat in UU, it is a force to be reckoned with. This is why I made a set which can switch in on Scizor on a Swords Dance, even though Scizor checks this mon.

Introducing...
BABIRI BERRY FIRE PUNCH GRIMMSNARL

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Spirit Break
- Fire Punch

With Grimmsnarl usually setting up screens, this Grimmsnarl is more offensive, really using its 120 base attack in full effect. With the Babiri Berry on hand, it can barley live a +2 Bullet Punch, and in return OHKO it with a Fire Punch.

+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Babiri Berry Grimmsnarl: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

188+ Atk Grimmsnarl Fire Punch vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 324-384 (104.1 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With the two priority moves it has on hand too, it can slow down fast threats for the rest of the team with Thunder Wave, and get chip on revenge killers with Sucker Punch. Spirit Break is used as an accurate, power STAB move, but can be replaced with Play Rough if more power is desired.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

This heat set will crash on scizor having an amazing shot at OHKO'ing scizor with heat crash while scizor does not 2hko even if the user switches into rhyperior on bullet punch and even a +2 bullet punch can't punch through the heat set.

252+ Atk Rhyperior Heat Crash (60 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 304-360 (97.7 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 154-184 (37.1 - 44.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 310-366 (74.8 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Okay so what I am about to present is probably the most crackhead set you've ever seen, but I only share this discovery since there were a few significant calcs I found that give the set legitimate potential in UU. Had myself some good laughs with this finding and literally nothing truly could have prepared anyone for what they are about to witness:

Tangottem

:ss/tangrowth:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Giga Impact
- Aerial Ace​

Tangrowth makes for quite the surprising lure to a few select mons including Scizor given that 1.) Scizor is a common switch into a Tang and 2.) Jolly Tang can outspeed 136 speed adamant Sciz while having a respectable 100 base attack stat giving it the opportunity to SD and have just enough firepower, in combination with Life Orb, to potentially Ohko 120 hp Scizor after Stealth Rocks (Refer to the following calcs). Even if the Sciz lives the EQ, a heavily chipped Scizor will be basically neutralized for the rest of the battle.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 235-278 (75.5 - 89.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 210-248 (60.1 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 213-252 (61 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(For if they live and randomly SD)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 329-387 (76.1 - 89.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Buzzwole: 354-416 (84.6 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The Swine Band

:bw/Mamoswine:

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

So Scizor looks like a good play against this Mamo, especially when it's def using an ice move right? Or a safe switch in? NOPE. The Band of Mamos has it pinned down:

252+ Atk Choice Band Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
AY CARAMABA that's basically always a OHKO (guaranteed with any amount of chip)!!!!

252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 312-368 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
WOWWWW Guaranteed to survive!!!!!!!!! CRAZY EVs!!!!!!!!!

Band together, swines old and new, for the Scizor is no longer a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)