Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge
- Roost

ok this is a bit of a strech but it still works kind of. wild charge is a guaranteed 2HKO, if it switches in it dies after the 2nd and if its a 1v1 scenario its forced to roost and noivern has roost as well so it can pp stall roost easily. you also dont really need to predict since clicking draco on the switch doesnt make wild charge any weaker and puts it in the same position

48 Atk Noivern Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 188-224 (50.2 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
1586362780326.png

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Lots more submissions this week! Really happy to see that, let's keep it up guys!! :>

Taunt + Toxic Noivern by Eve
Thunder Punch Lucario by Estarossa
SD + Rock Blast Necrozma by Katy
Toxic Cobalion by Sickist
Choice Band Snorlax by Slowpoke92i
Toxic Golisopod by Luirromen
Weather Ball Inteleon by pokeisfun
Wild Charge Noivern by PhantomHurious

As always, vote for the lure you think is best! Thanks again to everyone for submitting!! The deadline for voting will be Saturday, April 11th.
Due to the number of submissions, two votes will be allowed to each participant this week!

Last edited:

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I have considered before run Weather Ball on Inteleon, however it would be occasionally useful, so my vote goes for Tox+Taunt Noivern

Katy

Banned deucer.
jeeezus u guys need to stop making these votes soooo difficult, i cant decide but i have to go with 1, so im going with: wilde charge :noivern:

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
pif as well cant lie seems heat (even if not having surf is :| )
voting for eve as well give some love to this vern ph's vern is just a bad joke

Last edited:

Lily

is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
The votes are in, and pokeisfun has won with Weather Ball Inteleon, with PhantomHurious close behind! Well done!

Week 5: Sylveon
:ss/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Wish
- Protect​

Sylveon's a new addition to the tier that's been quite difficult for many people to adapt to. Despite its poor base Defense, its invested physical bulk is actually quite high and allows it to act as a reliable answer to threats such as Haxorus and Flygon thanks to its great mono-Fairy typing. Its natural special bulk also allows it to easily wall weaker special attackers like Noivern and Ribombee.

Lures must be posted by Thursday, April 17th!

Katy

Banned deucer.
trick celebi

:ss/Celebi:
Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Trick

Trick Celebi
isnt that common as of yet and can easily lure in some pkmn with the tech to trick a choice scarf onto the opposing pkmn.
sylveon is tanky enough to tank psychic and earth power coming from celebi + it can wish on leaf storms, but when it comes in on celebi and celebi tricks the choice scarf to sylveon then sylveon cant perform its role effectively enough anymore and is then deadweight because it cannot fullfill the defensive assets and has a hard time to wish pass for itself and for its team-mates.​

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
since toxic umbreon was "too standard" i'll go for another mon : pangoro
:ss/pangoro:
Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Throat Chop
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

ok so here i am w heat : throat chop pangoro so sylv cant hit the panda anymore. I know that i could just run gunk shot on SD so i can hit sylveon but i lose coverage. Losing knock off can be huge but it allows u to have coverage, here bp so i have some priority which can be cool.​

how is physical sylveon a check to regular celebi :-(

Last edited:

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
:ss/umbreon:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Toxic umby is a cool lure to sylv since sylv will just hard on umbreon thinking it will get a free wish, but instead it's just getting toxiced which will cripple it for the entire game.It also wins the 1v1, since hyper voice is around 45%.

ahahahahahahhahahah how is physical sylveon a check to regular celebi
you can't lure with standard sets lol
get better before criticizing others
also physical sylveon has still a higher sp def stat
0 invest does not mean that you can't possible switch into special attacks lol
i still don't get if you are a joke or just bad

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Heavy Slam

Nowadays, bronzong is played with psychic, to counter weezing, and protect to recover HP. Sylveon can come on bronzong, do heal bell and wish to heal his team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-489118

I have many replays where sylveon heals his team thanks to the passivity of bronzong, but this match shows the problem because sylveon was able to heal his team without fearing anything bronzong. The player of sylveon was able to win thanks to this, in a very close match.

A set with psychic + heavy slam allows to lure sylveon and destroy weezing.
Heavy slam is way better than gyro ball, more pp and hits harder.
Notice that this set also beats sylveon with heal bell.

0 Atk Bronzong Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 218-260 (55.3 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Don't use gyro ball :

0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (42 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 80-96 (20.3 - 24.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery​

Choice Specs Jellicent: Okay so get this,
1586698522791.png

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Recover

252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Sylveon: 219-258 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. you also outspeed by exactly 1 point, allowing you to fire off a second one before they can even wish. no one expects a sylveon to be 2hkoed. Also because I have been waiting forever for a good time to use this.

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Punch

Sylveon normally switches into Pangoro without much fear if it is Phys Def but you can run Gunk Shot to OHKO it on the switch, guaranteed after taking Stealth Rock damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 392-462 (99.4 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Lily

UU Leader
how is physical sylveon a check to regular celebi :-(
you can't lure with standard sets lol
get better before criticizing others
also physical sylveon has still a higher sp def stat
0 invest does not mean that you can't possible switch into special attacks lol
i still don't get if you are a joke or just bad
Please don't start petty arguments for no reason. If a lure is posted, I'll be the one to decide whether it's valid or not - if you think that something shouldn't be valid, please leave me a message saying so instead of doing it on the thread.
For now, due to the difficulty in luring Sylveon, I'll allow all of the lures posted above. However, please keep in mind that they are supposed to be non-standard moves; this means that in future weeks, moves that are on a Pokemon's analysis (Toxic Umbreon, Heavy Slam Bronzong etc.) will not be allowed. Thank you :>

Deleted my old post for a better idea.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower / U-Turn
- Switcheroo

Sylveon is one of Noiverns checks, as even max special attack hurricane does pitiful damage. With Specs/Scarf + Switcheroo, you can either do a lot more damage to sylv and then screw it over with a useless item for it, or just give it a useless item and not give it an item that makes its hyper voices maul your team. Noivern doesnt run choice that much so thats why sylv is most likely going to come in on it.

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
:ss/flygon:
Flygon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Throat Chop

Start setting up some Dragon Dances with Flygon. The opponent brings in Sylveon to stop you but you Throat Chop it and continue to set up in its face. Throat Chop also hits Bronzong.

Lily

UU Leader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)