Resource SS UU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pokepast.es/69cc8fb1b505f792

:druddigon: :scyther: :sylveon: :slowking: :jirachi: :noivern:

I'm not too sure what this team would be classified as, but it's essentially a bulky volt/turn featuring Jirachi and Scyther as your primary breakers. Jirachi is the team's main speed control with a Choice Scarf allowing it to revenge mons like Terrakion, Lycanrock, Mamoswine, and even +2 adamant Cloyster, while also being able to punish switches against it with Twave, and Trick. Scyther is a pivot that can take advantage of mons like Krookodile, Slowking, and a majority of the fighting types in the tier typically forcing them to switch while maintaining momentum for the team. Scyther's spread allows it to outspeed +1 adamant Tyranitar for if the circumstance ever arises, and it doesn't really care to speed tie with Mienshao in that it tends to pick between Poision Jab and Stone Edge for coverage and the team is able to scout its set easily. Since both mentioned mons can struggle against steel types like Skarmory and Cobalion, they pair nicely with Slowking and Noivern, the two other momentum mons on the team. Slowking is able to give safe switches with Teleport, while being able to come in on many walls and threats like Keldeo, Darmanitan, Weezing-G, and Palossand. The Noivern set on this team is the defogger meant to keep opposing mons weakened for Jirachi and Scyther with the Super Fang + Taunt combination given that mons like Tyranitar, Blissey, and Mantine like to switch in expecting it to be offensive. Noivern's spread allows it to outspeed Starmie, and lets it survive a Choice Banded Accelerock from Lycanrock-Dusk and an adamant Ice Shard from Mamoswine from full HP as long as it's not Life Orb or Choice Band. Since the team relies on gradual chipping over time, Druddigon and Sylveon offer their utilities in being able to take advantage of the momentum that the team provides. Druddigon is here to provide Stealth Rocks support, punishes opposing U-turn switches, and can punish switches with Glare; Jirachi and Scyther both appreciate the paralysis support. Druddigon's spread is meant to punish opposing teams that rely on Wish passing for sustainability in being able to outspeed and 2hko defensive Sylveon, punishes opposing Jirachi, and threatens Blissey as well. Sylveon's role is mainly to keep the team healthy through Wish support, and keep mons like Skarmory and Doublade weakened with Mystical Fire. Sylveon's spread allows it to check mons like Terrakion and Obstagoon, also being able to check special attackers like Kyurem, Chandelure, and Calm Mind Jirachi. Overall, the team is able cover each other well defensively, and it is quite easy for the team to gain and keep momentum as highlighted by the replays below.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1154279511

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1154861298-ukset9ywpjm0qltu066jy6hq9i75ikypw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1154230646

Last edited:

click sprites for importable

After I was beat my someone running a Choice Band Scyther, I decided to try to make a team with this Pokemon. The main issue with this set is the fact that it's really weak to Stealth Rock so I needed some teammates to prevent the opponent to set them on my side of the field. Hatterene is such a good Pokemon in my opinion and its ability to prevent Entry Hazards thanks to Magic Bounce makes it a great teammate for Scyther. However, Hatterene can be pressured hard my some threats so I needed another way to handle Entry Hazards and that's why I added a Defog Skarmory. Enough speed to cripple Adamant Crawdaunt and Rocky Helmet to punish physical variants of Jirachi. I opted for Brave Bird to punish Keldeo and Ghost-types but Iron Head is viable too. Weezing-Galar with Neutralizing Gas is so good in the current metagame in my opinion since it can set its Toxic Spikes vs Magic Bounce users but also forces Rotom-Mow/Wash and every Levitate user to take its Toxic Spikes. I opted for Corrosive Gaz in order to remove Heavy-Duty Boots from Blissey or Slowking. Since Scyther struggles to beat Skarmory, I added a Choice Scarf Magneton to the team in order to remove it with more ease. Last but not least, Choice Scarf Celebi brings a really speed control to the team but also some offensive support thanks to Healing Wish. I opted for Celebi and not for Jirachi because it's a much better check to Rotom-Mow which is insanely threatening for my team if it holds a Choice Scarf. The team doesn't have any Stealth Rock users because I feel like it's not the most important Entry Hazards atm due to the high usage of Heavy-Duty Boots + Hatterene can often bounce back Stealth Rock so it's not that big of a deal.

Another nice team based on Momentum abusers. Choice Scarf Rotom-Mow is trully amazing in the current metagame as in can threaten a lost of Pokemon such as Slowking, non-Choice Scarf Scyther/Krookodile, Keldeo etc.. I paired it alongside SD Lycanroc-Dusk since Rotom-Mow forces some Pokemon like Blissey to come on the field to check it while Lycanroc-Dusk forces Skarmory. Both of them can weaken each others checks pretty well. Rocky Helmet Cobalion is a good check to physical Jirachi and a nice lure to Skarmory thanks to Volt-Switch. It also enjoys the fact that Rotom-Mow check really effectively Palossand. Like in the previous team Hatterene and Weezing-Galar are there to weaken opponent's team while still preventing Entry Hazards. Choice Scarf Jirachi acts as Choice Scarf Celebi in the team above.

This team is basically a variant of the previous team with Tangela > Rotom-Mow and SubCM Keldeo > Cobalion. It has a better MU vs Lycanroc-Dusk and Terrakion but doesn't have any Stealth Rock setter. SubCM Keldeo is really nice alongside Toxic Spikes especially if Weezing-G is able to force Rotom-Mow to take Toxic Spikes.

Like the first team, I decided to make this team after I lost vs a player which was playing Doom Desire Jirachi + Future Sight Slowking + Choice Band Mienshao. In this version I opted for LO Regenerator Mienshao which is in my opinion a better pivot than Reckless Band Shao. Jirachi acts as my Stealth Rock setter and Thunder allows it to punish Water-types and Skarmory. It also benefits a lot from Serene Grace by being a move with 60% to paralyze the foe. U-turn is there for the momentum. Then we have Slowking which paired well with Mienshao + can threaten Keldeo and most Fighting-types thanks to Psyshock. Choice Scarf Rotom-Mow forces even more switch from the opponent which is really nice alongside both Doom Desire and Future Sight. Last but not least, Tentacruel is the spinner of the team but moreover the Toxic Spikes absorber. Knock Off is there to bother HDB users and paired well alongside its own Toxic Spikes.

(rejected sample)
:obstagoon::araquanid::jirachi::cobalion::mimikyu::noivern:
Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Thunder

Cobalion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw / Wood Hammer
- Shadow Sneak

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

This is a team that I built alongside hs and that we thought was worthy sharing with the community since it's definitely the most successful post drops Sticky Web team in the tournament scene. We were building some teams and reached the conclusion that Special Araquanid and Taunt Obstagoon were rather underrated picks in the metagame. hs then suggested that we built a team around both of them but I suggested that we built a team for each of them, but since they had good synergy (Obstagoon could Taunt defoggers like Skarmory, Rotom-W etc. to keep webs up), we built a team around both.

Obstagoon serves as a great breaker under webs, hitting most of the tier for a lot of damage and using Taunt to creep the walls that are able to take one of the STABs on the switch, such as Skarmory and Rhyperior. Special Araquanid lures Skarmory, Weezing-G, Noivern (Ice Beam is a roll to OHKO), and even weakened Rotom-W; so sometimes its offensive pressure is even more valuable than the fact that it sets Sticky Web. Mixed Jirachi was the rocker of our preference because it manages to singlehandedly dismantle most builds that use Slowking as their Jirachi answer while also being able to pressure most hazard removal options in the tier while under webs. As our first wincon we have Cobalion. Both of us felt it was extremely underrated in the current context since Bug + Steel coverage allows it to beat most Fighting resists, while also having excellent defensive utility provided by its typing and Air Balloon. Our secondary wincon and emergency resource is Mimikyu - probably one of the most busted (pun intended) Pokemon in the current metagame given its unpaired defensive and offensive utility - which gives the team a solid Fighting immunity and a way to deal with offensive teams. Lastly, Noivern gives the team a solid form of Speed control outside of webs (especially useful for Keldeo) and offers Defog support which is useful in case Spikes and SR are up simultaneously, alleviating the pressure on Obstagoon and Mimikyu. hs used a version with Wood Hammer Mimikyu over Shadow Claw, which is a viable option against stall teams to surprise Quagsire while also being useful in matchups against Rotom-Wash and Seismitoad.

Overall this team has very few weakenesses. Since Jirachi and Obstagoon cover most defensive builds by themselves and webs automatically display a great matchup against offensive teams, it's hard to find a weak link. I would say that Terrakion and Lycanroc Dusk are the few Pokemon that can take the upper hand from this team if used correctly, but they are usually useful during the early game so they can prevent Araquanid from setting webs and are always threatened by Mimikyu if webs aren't up. Fast, ungrounded Pokemon such as Noivern and Scarfed Rotom-Mow can also pose a threat, but most of the time they are overwhelmed by the aggressiveness of this team and can't really switch into any Pokemon without getting heavily punished.

Last edited by a moderator:
(rejected sample)

Pretty straightforward HO which benefits from the new UU toy Bisharp. Froslass and Cobalion are mainly there to provide Entry Hazards while being able to prevent the opponent to set its own hazards or remove ours. You can opt for Shuca Berry on Cobalion instead of Chople Berry. Bisharp and Mimikyu are used to prevent Defog and Rapid Spin and they both enjoy hazards stacking. You can opt for Life Orb or Focus Sash or Bisharp without any trouble. Mixed Sharpedo is a pretty nasty late game sweeper which enjoys a lot the fact that both Bisharp and Mimikyu are ablo to pressure most defensives Pokemon. Last but not least, Jirachi which is the more malleable Pokemon because you can basically run any type of set and it will works. I've been a big fan of CM + 3 attacks in this team since it pressures Skarmory and defensive Talonflame for both Bisharp and Mimikyu but Mixed Expert Belt or Choice Scarf are definitively viable options since both of them pair well with the team overall. All and all the team is really classic.. not a lot to add on that one except it works pretty well overall on the ladder. Don't be afraid to be lose a Pokemon and just pressure as much as possible the opponent.
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Close Combat

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since Blissey left us, I wanted to build with specs kyurem now that not much can switch into it.
:ss/Bewear::ss/Hatterene::ss/Kyurem::ss/Doublade::ss/Noivern::ss/Jirachi:
Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 152 HP / 164 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder

Bewear is max speed to function as the check to adamant bisharp. Hatterene functions well with kyurem to deter hazards and can clean bulkier teams after calm minds. Doublade serves as a check to terrakion and cobalion. Noivern helps the team vs keldeo and krookodile. This bulkier spread outspeeds max speed starmie and has a less than 50% chance to get 2hko by +2 shadow sneak from mimikyu from full. Jirachi is the rocker with thunder to spread the yellow magic and hit skarm.

The team is very weak to mimikyu. You have to keep doublade healthy and revenge it after breaking its disguise and hope it doesnt crit.

https://pokepast.es/af3adf8d6ffc8b9d
An HO team that I've played with a lot and I think it could have some potential.

1597051484657.png

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

The standard froslass HO lead set. Nothing special really.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I wanted a stealth rocker that has some OK defenses that can combat Bisharp and Incineroar trying to knock off teapot and retaliate with it's own CC. Is also not dead weight even if its role here is just a rocker.

Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball

Teapot always gets killed by Priority in most of my games and I dont want to deal with that so Indeedee is here. Draining kiss is just filler since I havent found any other moves that's useful for Indeedee.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

The MVP of this team tbh. Sweeps a lot of teams after one Shell Smash and no one is living if it gets up one more. Sash just cause it is frail as all hell and I dont think mental herb is enough to help to get some OHKO to be 2HKO.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Defog Punisher. I have been looking for a Defog Punisher for a long ass time and Bisharp is here for that. Everything gets chunked by Sucker Punch +2 or Knock off and it is lovely to see teams crumble from knock offs.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

MMQ is to help mainly in speed control with its Shadow Sneak and disguise ability to help thwart Teapots.

So yeah that's it. Feel free to criticize the team. I'd say this team crumbles if teapot cant sweep or they have a bulky dark type on the team and Cobalion dies. ~~Or Rachi flinching teapot making it not get a shell smash boost to revenge Rachi~~

hum, are you sure it's a good idea to play double priority with Psychic Terrain + Terrain Extender ?
Yep. I let Indeedee in usually after either Bish or Mimikyu dies or I let in indeedee as a sack to make sure Teapot doesnt get damage and usually once it's in, either both Lass or Coba does their job of Hazard stacking and damaging some enemies that Teapot kills enemies after one shell smash. It does bite me in the ass sometimes though wishing that I could use priority though. Another one I have been experimenting with is scarf Indeedee with trick and usually this helps in more stall oriented playstyles but I've found myself using Terrain Extender as I found myself vsing more balanced oriented teams with one or 2 priority and the 8 (7) turns of psychic terrain helps in ensuring teapot kills everything and not worrying about priority

While we're on the topic of cheesy HO teams, I would like to share a team that has helped me climb low ladder games on alts and seen decent succes mid to high as well.

WEBS + SPIKES HO
:ss/cobalion: :ss/araquanid: :ss/bisharp: :ss/froslass: :ss/toxtricity: :ss/talonflame:
Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Poltergeist
- Destiny Bond

Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
Modest Nature
- Snarl
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Shift Gear

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

The roles and sets are pretty standard for the members, with one exception. Suicide lead Lass runs poltergeist over icy wind, as this allows it to pressure everything slower than it once it sets up hazards, which it fails to do so with only destiny bond, as it is easy for players to play around it. While the speed drop from icy wind can help a teamate revenge kill a mon, poltergeist allows it to leave holes on the opponent's defensive core, which its teamates can capitalze on and is generally more useful in the long run.

Cobalion and Araquanid complete the hazard core, bringing rocks and webs respectively, along with HO staple Bisharp relegated to its defog deterent and set up spam duties. Toxtricity and Talonflame act as back up sweepers that help Bisharp in either cleaning or heavily denting the competition.

Making the most optimal plays to leave no wasted turns is the way to go, especially agaisnt set up sweepers like Cloyster and Mimikyu, but most importantly have fun as webs is probably the most brain dead build to pilot. Thanks for reading and good luck laddering.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
This thread's been pretty inactive so I'm gonna dump some teams I've been using in an attempt to revive it. No promises for quality on all of them but most of them are pretty solid.

https://pokepast.es/e4f5fe5ccfbafc35
Pretty standard webs team that I made for a teambuilding lab request, with a cool pick in NP Mowtom. Basic goal is to just spam hazards and then win with any given offensive threat, they're all very difficult to handle and break for each other pretty effectively. This one's great for spamming on the ladder when you want to do something that doesn't take much brainpower.

https://pokepast.es/577d3e045e8003e1
RMT'd this already but basically Mudsdale is a really cool mon that claps a lot of the top mons rn like Terrakion, Lycanroc-D, Jirachi etc. and other than that this is a pretty standard BO. It's fun, I really like laddering with it, and it's surprisingly effective bc most ppl just don't really know what to do against the horse.

https://pokepast.es/884a7f7b141174f4
Slightly older VoltTurn that I used against Confide in UUWC and I spammed it in a bunch of other tours too, plus if you had been following UU Open at all you probably saw this team once or twice. The entire goal of this team is to mindlessly U-turn and Volt Switch around for the entire game until your opponent's entire team is dead or they forfeit in anger. Mamo can be replaced with p much any breaker btw. Obstagoon works really well here too.

https://pokepast.es/3fb823175d30125a
Extremely spammable cheese where every mon breaks for each other. Doesn't have rocks but fuck it lmao you don't need them. Literally just get screens up and click setup buttons, you'll win more often than you lose. Great for anyone who wants last minute reqs.

https://pokepast.es/072720bb3305619a
This one's not great but I really wanted to use some sort of bad Mixed Flygon stuff, and this is what I came up with. Flygon's switchins basically do not exist and you can lure and nuke a lot of unsuspecting Rotoms and stuff. I can't promise that this one will win more often than it loses but it's super fun to use!

https://pokepast.es/96b8db895f7d0d19
Slightly old by now, but this is a fun one to use. The basic goal here is just to break for and win with Calm Mind Jirachi which is like the most broken mon ever, and this team does a decent-to-good job of it. I don't think this one's particularly consistent either but I like using it a lot when I'm bored.

I know I didn't describe these teams a ton, mostly just hoping I inspire others to post their teams here - we really haven't seen much at all, and I'd love to know what silly ideas you guys have come up with, so please let me see. >:3

Dirty hardstall with dirtiness. This team lets me grab a dirty 30-0 in the last suspect and an 90% GXE on the ladder.
I wished to build around Shedinja to check various monsters like Slowking, Kyurem, Keldeo and Toxtricity who are most of the times near to be impossible to wall. Shedinja is an huge stop for volturn which was cool. Heavy-duty boots and Poltergeist give him an huge boost in viability, Thankfully Tyranitar and snow warning users weren't so common in UU. So ya, Shedinja was kinda viable.

Skarmory/Weezing/Quagsire was one the best physical core in UU. Skarmory and Weezing gives hazard control with double defog, stealth rock and tspikes. Neutralizing gaz with HDB is an interesting combo. Neutralizing gaz punishs hatterena switches with layers of tspikes, guts users are kept in checks and the smoke pokemon can absorbs tspikes.
Reuniclus and Umbreon with Shedinja form the special core. Reuniclus AV can scouts Pokemon like Keldeo with Air Slash and Rotom-W with WoW without fear to lost your Shedinja and deals with hatterena. Thunder on Reuniclus lure Skarmory and helps against bulky waters like Slowking and Mantine. Umbreon kepts in checks Polteageist, Necrozema and Chandelure.

Cloyster, Mixed Sharpedo and Golurk were the most dangerous threats.

Bye, bye Skarmory :skarmory: :skarmory:

(rejected sample)
https://pokepast.es/a68f7ceafa25cbbd
A pretty fun volt-turn team revolving around A-Marowak and Specs Sylveon popping big holes in pretty much the whole tier.

A-Marowak is one of the best wallbreakers in the game. I run Jolly to outspeed other A-Waks and Flame Dash as a 4th move just for the luls. You can run Shadow Bone to hit itemless mons or SD to get setup, but you'll either 1hk0 things or get 1hk0's for the most part making SD only good on Trick Room.

Future Sight+TP Slowbro forces the for to swap into something that resists or immune's it and then swap into something like Zarude who can then help you regain momentum with U-Turn or 1hk0 the opponent.

Scarf Zarude is very good speed control outspeeding post smash Cloyster and Polteageist and 1hk0's (sashless) with whip / lariat. It doesn't have the raw power of Band, and doesn't 1hk0 some things, but the utility trade off is worth it.

Cobalion is the best rock setter for this team with it's nice speed and access to volt switch which can chip at the swap-in's for it. Chople berry wins the 1v1 vs basically anything that will hit it with CC, which is a lot of things.

Sylveon cracks open teams and if you pivot it correctly, there's not much that can openly swap into it without regretting it. Full HP let's you more freely swap into special attackers as this team lacks a solid spdef wall. Just spam hyper voice and watch things crumble.

Noivern fills a pretty nice role in this as a defogger and fast special attacker chipping things that resist wak/zarude and pivoting away when things get dicey. Infiltrator 1hk0's sub keldeo.

All in all, rocks to break sash and spam pivot abilities until you can kill things. Only real noticeable obstacle is CC Sharpedo which requires some good maneuverability and possibly sacrificing something to revenge kill.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Zarude Bulky Offense
Click sprites for importable!

I came up with this team when I got tired of losing trying to climb up the ladder. So I tried to make a team with UU's best Pokemon. Also, this is my first post here yay.

Slowbro
:sm/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Future Sight

The Slowbros are honestly some of the best mons on the tier right now. Being capable of coming in against Keldeo's Specs Hydro Pump and not even be 2HKOed without any SpDef investment is actually insane, and since Keldeo is also one of the tier's biggest threats, Slowbro's ability to eat up these hits is very valuable. With the help of Heavy-Duty Boots, it doesn't care about any hazards, aiding it's matchup against Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, the two most common hazards right now. Slowbro also keeps the pressure up with Future Sight, scaring Weezing-Galar, Roserade, Rotom-W, Rotom-C and Tentacruel while using Psyshock to not be walled by CM Sub Keldeo and for some more immediate damage. Teleport is an amazing tool to bring in Zarude and Lycanroc-D safely too.

Zarude

Zarude @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing / Synthesis
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat

When Zarude dropped from OU, I thought it wouldn't really be that good, but oh boy was I wrong. Zarude has no Pokemon other than Galarian Weezing and Drapion that don't care about its STAB combination of Power Whip and Darkest Lariat. And even then, Zarude can run Iron Tail for Galarian Weezing and Close Combat is already common on scarf and band sets. It can also U-Turn out of those checks/counters. But I decided to run a Bulk Up + Jungle Healing set, as it lets Zarude set up in front of the Slowbros without having to fear Scald burns. You can run Synthesis as it heals more, but being able to negate status is what really sells JH for me.
252 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Tentacruel: 240-283 (65.9 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Zarude Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 328-386 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Zarude Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 126-150 (40.3 - 48%) -- 3.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 252-296 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Weezing-Galar: 136-160 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Zarude Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 194-230 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(What makes Zarude so good is the fact that its most common counter in GWeezing doesn't have reliable recovery other than Pain Split, so it has to rely on Wish support. Leech Life Drapion is actually a good counter, but it's not as reliable as GWeezing as a whole)

Lycanroc-Dusk
:sm/lycanroc-dusk:
Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs / Swords Dance

Murder dog right now is the tier's best late-game cleaner. It has an amazing ability and all the coverage and moves it needs to succeed. You can switch Psy-Fangs for Swords Dance, but I like them for the occasional Tentacruel, which can kinda annoy this team spreading Scald burns, poison with T-Spikes and Sludge Bomb and remove Slowbro's HDB with Knock Off. Other than that, just chip the opposing team and click buttons.

Keldeo
:sm/keldeo-resolute:
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Despite it's limited movepool, Keldeo manages to shine on UU, being one of the best offensive threats. If you don't resist it's STABs, you're either OHKOed or 2HKOed by it's Choice Specs boosted Hydro Pumps, and even then, Keldeo can predict switches with it's newly gained Flip Turn and switch to the appropriate check/counter. There's really not much to say, as soon as the Slowbros drop, it just clicks Hydro Pump/Secret Sword and shreds the opposing team. It's also a good defensive check to Bisharp, but be careful to not get it too low as it fear a +2 Sucker Punch if weakened enough.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Sylveon: 213-252 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.9 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 160-189 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 147-174 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Mimikyu
:sm/mimikyu:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Mimikyu is also a very good late-game cleaner thanks to Shadow Sneak and its good base 96 Speed, also being an ok answer to Polteageist if it still has its Disguise up. It's ability lets it set up a Swords Dance without having to worry about taking damage, but it has to be wary of status and hazards. Even then, a Lum Berry can be ran, but Mimikyu appreciates the Life Orb boost, since it's not a Pokemon that lasts for too long and a base 90 Attack stat is not that impressive without a Swords Dance boost. Mimikyu's typing is also one of it's biggest selling points, making it immune to Rapid Spins from Tsareena and Starmie. Mimikyu is also immune to Tsareena's eventual High-Jump Kick and scares Starmie out with it's Ghost STABs, though it does fear the Scald burns from Starmie and doesn't appreciate Tsareena breaking it's Disguise and removing it's Life Orb.

Weezing-Galar
:ss/weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog

I've seen pif talk about N-Gas GWeezing and how much it can affect the opposing team. Here's some key abilities it negates: Regenerator, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Water Bubble, Defiant, Disguise, Natural Cure, Tough Claws, Rock Head, Guts, Technician, Speed Boost, Pixilate, Clear Body, and many, many more. Some of these are SO huge. Negating Guts, Regen, Tough Claws and Defiant is extremely beneficial to Gweezing, with the only drawback being it gets a Ground weakness (which is arguably what makes this ability not as amazing as it could be, but you have Zarude for Krookodile and Slowbro for Terrakion) and is now hurt by Spikes, though with Levitate it's unable to absorb T-Spikes. SpDef is run so you can take on special hits such as Volt Switch from Rotom and Sludge Bombs from Roserade and Tentacruel, since Slowbro doesn't want to risk being poisoned and Zarude takes a good chunk and can't heal all the damage off with JH.

So that's it lol, I think I talked too much, but I love doing these posts haha anyways, have fun trying this out. I'd LOVE to get some feedback on this too, I'm thinking about posting it on the RMT forum. Ok, bye now :psysly:

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
Bulky Offense team centered around multiple pivots + breakers. 4 Attacks Alolan Marowak is rather difficult to pivot into defensively and because of its mediocre Speed tier pairing it with Teleport Slowbro helps make up for that. Galarian Weezing gives me a Krookodile and Zarude pivot and another Fighting resist to take pressure off Slowbro. It's the Defog user to support Marowak, Shadow Ball because Chandelure and Alolan Marowak are difficult to pivot into. It still retains coverage against stuff like Doublade and threatens Slowbro better. Zarude gives me Speed control and a Ghost resist. It helps ease the matchup against stuff like Celebi and Slowbro. Cobalion is the SR user on the team and gives me safer counterplay against Mimikyu and Bisharp. Volt Switch can generate momentum off stuff like Doublade and Chandelure, but Stone Edge is honestly worth considering just to help with Chandy + Alowak more. The item choice is honestly flexible and up to you, I don't think Chople helps with much outside of Lycanroc-D and Obstagoon, but Leftovers and Air Balloon are good alternative choices. Finally, Mamoswine is another wallbreaker and helps deal with Noivern. Mamoswine has Knock Off so do keep in mind the interaction with it + Poltergeist from Alolan Marowak.

Threats:
: As I mentioned quite a few times, this team doesn't have a dedicated pivot into them outside of guessing correctly or sacking something. However, the team has precautions on the main Pokemon they freely come in on.

: It kinda just U-turn's on everything or clicks Dual Wingbeat. The team has no proper Flying resist so relies on Slowbro + Mamoswine for stuff like Talonflame and Noivern. You can revenge this pretty easily though + Cobalion can wear it down with Helmet.

: Choice Specs Sylveon clicks Hyper Voice really easily, but it doesn't get a free switch into anything on this team other than Slowbro. Even then Slowbro can stomach a Hyper Voice and Teleport.

Was about to drop a team that is very similar to the one above, so I figured I'd drop two so that's less blatant

:noivern: :slowking: :zarude: :marowak-alola: :weezing-galar: :cobalion:

It might not look like it because of the mons order, but this was my attempt at non tr alolawak. I figured a lot of pivoting would work well so that's exactly what I went for, with teleking as the main pivoting staple of the team. Since that's the team only reliable answer to vern, I spread it so it lives 3 hurricanes. Hurricane only noivern might sound iffy but that's what worked best for me when playing the team, altho draco or flame > tox would be totally fine. I was mostly using flame against bishap anyways and I figured coba + scarf zarude should be enough in most matchups if I'm careful enough. Corrosive gas fast weez is techmon, reaching jump point in def while outspeeding alolawak and removing its bone. It also catches stuff like water types (rotom, tenta) or slower incineroars, the latter being very nice for both scarf zarude and alolawak. Scarf Zarude is huge for the team, keeping some scary water types in check, power whipping its way through frailer stuff and giving the team a not so awful matchup against some common ho cores (it's a pretty decent offensive check/revenge killer to bisharp, lycanroc and tea) Rocs coba rounds up the team pretty well, is also the only way this team has to not just lose to lycan.

The goal of the team is just to clean w/ scarf zarude once opposing walls are dead, which shouldnt be too hard with the heavy pivoting & alolawak breaking through. Not being rock head wak can suck in some matchups but I figured blocking volt from mowtom/heliolisk was nice against others momentum heavy teams, and practice told me I was right so I kept it this way. Overall it's pretty simple to understand & to make work of, and that's the best I could do with non tr alolawak.

:reuniclus: :rotom-wash: :weezing-galar: :terrakion: :doublade: :incineroar:

Another rather heavy pivoting team cause Im fan of those. Av goboreuniclus is actually a rly decent sponge in the current meta and I wanted to try it out. The given spread ensures it lives specs sylv & other stuff such as keld with somewhat ease, while hitting a jump point in spa. One could go for 136+ spa/120 spd which lives specs keld w/o rocs and hits jump point too, I just found this spread slightly more useful. Sball> Eball is also totally valid.
Wanted to sponge koffs for it so I went for rotom wash and weezing, both of whom can keep in check some physical mons that could out reuni. Thunder wave > Nasty Plot for rotom could be considered, seeing how the team struggles with Noivern. Galar weez also checks fightings and chips Zarude down, which is arguably this Reuni's set worst nightmare. At that point I needed both rocs and some breaking power, rocs sd terrak can perform in both, as long as you dont ask too much out of it. Chople berry is nice to eat frailer ccs (from the likes of coba/non cb zarude/incin) and doesnt chip it out like LO would do, which would suck seeing how much it's already supposed to do, but any item should work (ive considered hdb a lot). Dwiblade is an additional fighting resist and greatly helps against ho matchups by being able to revenge kill cup of tea and lycan. Seeing at that point how the team was obliterated by ghosts and that I needed speed control I went for scarf Incin, which surprisingly does really well. It mostly works with surprise factor so ig that's a rip now, but it's still doing a decent job at getting surprise kos every know and then, and is a rather consistent ghost check if you can keep hazards off the field.

Goal of the team would usually be to win with doublade but it's really matchup reliant, every mon (outside of weez) can act as a win condition in some cases . The team doesnt have reliable ways to keep itself healthy outside of pain split & regen reuni, so my biggest advice would be to play aggressively enough to keep momentum ; which should be possible with future sight shenanigans ; cause losing it early will often mean losing the game.

---

That's all for me, s/o to some friends for the mons names and for being cool users but im too lazy to tag them rpi (does barba atun even have a smogon account?).

is the end.

Last edited:
Back at it again with my favourite Pokemon in Gen 8! I've been playing around with this team and tweaking it here and there and I'm happy with its current state.

Celebi Bulky Offense

:ss/Celebi: :ss/Tentacruel: :ss/Krookodile: :ss/Talonflame: :ss/Lycanroc-Dusk: :ss/Obstagoon:
https://pokepast.es/63faf0142aba950b

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Celebi is the Pokemon I wanted to build around, as always. I initially tried using the Nasty Plot + 3 attacks set, but I didn't like how quickly Celebi was getting worn down, and it was suggested on the Discord that I try the recover set instead. Celebi deals with Keldeo, who is a massive threat to the rest of the team, as well as breaking the slow twins and putting a decent amount of hurt on whatever switches into it, while Recover ensures it can perform its role multiple times.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel helps to sponge some of the Fire- and Poison-type hits that Celebi doesn't want to take, while acting as hazard control and a decently fast offensive threat. Mostly it helps deal with slower rockers, but the Poison STAB is very nice to have as well.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

Krook and Celebi complement each other's typing wonderfully, with Celebi taking the Water and Fighting hits that Krook doesn't like and Krook taking the Dark and Rock ones. Krook can switch into physical attacks and threaten to KO back after Intimidating and is particularly useful against Terrakion and Lycanroc. Krook is also the rock setter for the team.

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Talonflame is the team's physical pivot, and aids in reducing threats from strong physical attackers like Scyther, Bisharp, Mamoswine, and Zarude with Flame Body and Will-O-Wisp to burn them, as well as Roost to stay healthy, Brave Bird to remain a threat and U-turn to keep momentum.

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Originally Lycanroc-Dusk was Terrakion here. Both act as ways to punch holes in the opposing team with extremely strong physical attacks. I ended up going with Lycanroc over Terrak for a few reasons: 1) The extra speed is valuable, 2) having a priority move is very helpful in cleaning up, 3) Lycanroc-D is not choice-locked, and most importantly 4) Lycanroc-D deals with Noivern, who otherwise ruins this team.

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Switcheroo

The final member of the team is Obstagoon, and acts as another way to punch holes in the enemy team, and is just generally very difficult to switch in on. Originally Marowak-A took up this slot, but after comparing the two Obstagoon does almost everything Marowak-A does, but better, the biggest advantage being not having to switch out against basically anything that's not slow if I guess incorrectly with the attack. The only real loss is Lightningrod, but considering how few electric-type attacks are in UU right now (basically just Volt Switch from the Rotoms and Cobalion), it's not much of a loss.

So there you have it! I've had a lot of fun and success (at least at my level on the ladder :P ) with this team, but I am of course open to suggestions. Thanks for viewing!

Notily

dirt rich
:bisharp::lycanroc-dusk::mimikyu::cobalion::noivern::rotom-wash:

i used this team to get reqs for the lycan suspect in the minimum amonut of games and i used my brain in very few of them so i thought i'd share it. basic idea was to use bish to force damage on lycan's offensive checks so that it can click buttons lategame. threw on mimikyu next because it's pretty much mandatory on any ho imo. i opted for coba as the rocker as it gave me a knock sponge + can volt on slowbrothers / doublade to get bisharp in. ngl i just slapped noivern on cause it did a couple of things i still needed (fighting resist, flying mon) + its the best mon in the tier. scarf rotom gives me more counterplay to keldeo and provides disruption to help the sweepers set up. i originally had mowtom > wash to check other rotoms but i think wash being able to pivot into noivern is more valuable (draco is hella risky). i bounced back and forth between sd lycan (accelerock + cc + crunch) and aoa and i think aoa is more consistent as you dont have to bluff as often, sd works fine though if thats more your style. toxic > twave is also an option to pressure seis / gastro / quag.

Last edited:

FatFighter2

zacian waifu :flushed:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Setup Spam HO

:ss/Froslass::ss/Slurpuff::ss/Cloyster::ss/Blastoise::ss/Mimikyu:
slowbro-galar (1).png

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Facade

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Wood Hammer

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

This team is Hyper Offense to the max. I came up with this team originally as a joke team, but this team turned out to be quite successful on the ladder. I was able to peak at #18 on the ladder after a few days of grinding. The idea of this team is to utilize the high number of scary sweepers in UU. The gameplan of this team is to spam scary set-up mons like Cloyster and Slurpuff and overwhelm the opposing team with raw power. With so many sweepers, you can wear down defensive checks and choose which sweeper is most suited against each team.

1601659238336.png

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Froslass is the suicide lead. The goal of Froslass is to give the sweepers an easier time to set up and to set up spikes. Taunt allows Froslass to stop other mons from setting up or defogging, and icy wind allows Froslass to slow down opposing mons while also dealing damage. Icy wind is also an OHKO on most Noivern if predicted properly. Will-o-wisp is much preferred over destiny bond for being able to cripple other physical attackers and giving the setup sweepers an easy time setting up. While spikes are much appreciated, the number one priority for Froslass is to prevent opposing hazards and to give its teammates an easy time to setup. For example, against a Cobalion, taunting and then burning the Cobalion to prevent Cobalion from setting up stealth rocks is preferred to setting up 2 layers of spikes, as a teammate can then come on and setup on the burned Cobalion. Cursed body is also an extremely valuable ability, as it can force choices mons to switch out if the move they are locked into is disabled. Lead mons that are faster can also give Froslass some trouble.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Facade

Slurpuff acts as one of the team’s many sweepers. The set is a pretty standard BD + 3 attacks, and with sitrus berry, once you belly drum, your speed will be doubled thanks to unburdened. Running jolly is an option to outspeed certain scarf mons such as Mienshao after the unburdened boost, but adamant is preferred for the crucial extra power against mons such as Weezing-G. Slurpuff needs to be saved for the right moment, as it struggles to break through mons such as Slowbro-G, Weezing-G, Doublade, and Marowak-Alola, even after a belly drum, and gets KOed back. Slurpuff also has rather lackluster defensive stats, thus it is crucial that you play around any strong attacks to avoid being knocked out of belly drum range, or outright OHKO’d. Slurpuff is best saved as a sweeper once all of its checks are gone, but it can also be used to wear down an important wall for its teammates in the right situation.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Another extremely scary sweeper, Cloyster can bust through most teams once its checks are taken out or worn down sufficiently. Its classic icicle spear and rock blast can OHKO most pokemon after a shell smash. Its fourth move is a flex slot. Hydro pump is preferred for being able to break through bulky steel types such as Cobalion and Doublade and to hit physical walls such as Weezing G harder. Pin missile is also an option to destroy the SlowTwins, and ice shard is also possible for priority. Cloyster could also run King’s rock, to be able to break through its counters with hax, but white herb is preferred to make Cloyster more consistent at setting up safely. Depending on the set, Cloyster struggles with pokemon such as Keldeo and Rotom-Wash (if not already worn down), Cobalion and Doublade if not running hydro pump, and Slowbro and Slowking if not running pin missile. Be warned that because of Cloyster’s pathetic special bulk, nearly any decently strong neutral special attack can take Cloyster out.

Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Blastoise is an underrated shell smash sweeper. Blastoise acts as a special shell smash sweeper compared to Cloyster's physical attacks. This allows Blastoise to deal with mons that wall Cloyster. Blastoise and Cloyster also put on pressure on their shared counters that don't have reliable recovery such as Rotom-Wash. Surf is preferred over hydro pump for reliability, and dark pulse smacks the Slowtwins hard. After a shell smash, Blastoise’s ice beam has a 75% chance to OHKO Zarude. In addition, with Torrent activated, surf becomes stupidly powerful, capable of doing ~60% to a bulky Rotom-Wash. Blastoise’s above-average bulk allows it to tank most neutral hits, and white herb makes it harder to revenge kill Blastoise. Blastoise struggles with waters such as Araquanid, Keldeo, Rotom-Wash, and Tentacruel, and special walls such as Chansey. However, even Blastoise’s checks can be put into KO range with some chip. For example, Rotom-Wash can be 2HKOed if Blastoise activates Torrent before the second hit.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Wood Hammer

Mimikyu serves as the glue for this team and a potent setup sweeper in its own right. Disguise allows Mimikyu to almost always get off an SD, and Disguise also allows Mimikyu to be used as an emergency revenge killer to opposing setup mons, as the rest of the team is quite frail. Wood hammer is chosen over shadow claw for the extra power and to smack threats like Cloyster, Rotom-Wash, and Quagsire. Mimikyu also is a good spin blocker, being able to prevent spinners such as Tentacruel and Tsareena from spinning away spikes. Mimikyu struggles with physical walls too bulky for it to breakthrough, such as Weezing-G, who is resistant to both wood hammer and play rough. Other than that, Mimikyu is a pretty self-explanatory pokemon.

1601657642155.png

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

This Slowbro-G set, first shown to me by TeamCharm69, utilizes the combination of quick draw and quick claw, which combined have an activation rate of about 44%. This set, while quite gimmicky, is also extremely potent. With a single nasty plot up, Slowbro-G can do a surprising amount of damage, and with good rng, can lay waste to entire teams. Its above-average bulk allows it to tank a few hits, and its great movepool gives it a lot of coverage. Running grass knot does allows Slowbro-G to hit ground and water types such as the Slowtwins and Krook harder, but with Rhyperior leaving UU, I feel that sludge bomb provides more overall coverage. Slowbro-G also gives this team another emergency revenge killer, however, Slowbro-G is quite dependent on rng, and thus might not be the most reliable mon. Slowbro-G struggles with dark types such as Obstagoon and Incinroar that don’t care about its coverage moves, Mimikyu with disguise up, Chansey, and Araquanid, although Chansey is unable to do much to Slowbro-G, allowing you to potentially get up to +6 SpA and breakthrough Chansey.

Other Potential Options:
Other potential setup sweepers include Linoone, Barbaracle, and Polteageist. I have tried all 3 of these mons on this team before, and I personally am not a fan of these mons, but these are possible options. Screen setters such as Grimmsnarl and Xatu could also be used to facilitate even easier setup, but in my tests, I’ve found non-screen versions to be more effective.

Threats:
Quagsire can be extremely irritating for this team, as its unaware ability allows it to easily wall Blastoise, Cloyster, and Slurpuff (although king’s rock Cloyster can break through Quag with a few flinches). However, both Mimikyu and Slowbro-G run a grass move, partially to be able to beat Quagsire.

Walls such as Weezing-G and Rotom-Wash can be annoying, as they can each wall at least 2 of the sweepers on this team. However, both of them lack reliable recovery, so you can wear them down with one of your sweepers to allow the other one to sweep. Mimikyu is also annoying, as its Disguise ability allows it to revenge kill most of the sweepers on the team except for Cloyster.

Other set up sweepers such as Cloyster and Polteageist can sweep this team if not careful, as most of the mons on this team are quite frail. Cloyster in particular can easily get past Mimikyu’s Disguise with its multihit moves. Against opposing Polteageist, having a layer of spikes to nullify focus stash is extremely useful.

Heres the account I played on for anyone curious:
1601658318007.png

So there it is! This team has been a blast to pilot on ladder. I would love to hear any suggestions or feedback. Thanks for viewing!.​

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/efb6bc642c53e54a

This is a semi stall that uses Umbreon instead of the currently much more common Sylveon. Although you're weaker to Fighting types like Terrakion and Mienshao, you have a considerably improved MU against some common ideas now like Galarian Slowbro, Necrozma, and Chandelure which all have been popping up to try and abuse defensive Sylveon's pure Fairy coverage. Flash Cannon Klefki is a nice surprise to do surprise Galarian Weezing while also providing nice paralysis support for Bewear, which has astounding bulk for contact moves. The rest of the team is mainly choosen to counter important threats, Galarian Slowbro beats Sylveon and Keldeo, Quagsire beats most slow boosters, and Rotom-W beats Poltergeist attcckers and Defogs. Some weaknesses this team has include Life Orb Mienshao, Terrakion, and Spikes Roserade (which beats the Defogger easily).

If you'd like to start creating your own teams or improving this one, Bewear is nice to have but largely extraneous, just a nice way to win some games. It could always be replaved by a more solid switch in to Mienshao and Terrakion.

This here is a fun balance team I have had success with built around HDB Sneasel, a very anti-meta mon that heavily pressures many common mons and coress through its amazing speed tier, stab combination, and coverage options. Sneasel's role here is speed control while being an SD breaker, but its set can be modified to fit whatever you want it to be whether that be an SD breaker or simply an all-out-attacker. Considering Sneasel is pressured by many of the tier's fighting, fire, steel, and bulky fairies like Cobalion, Keldeo, Incineroar, and Weezing, I decided to pair it with Slowking, Weezing, Drampa core, a trio that greatly cover each other's weaknesses while solidly managing many of Sneasel's checks. Specially defensive Slowking is your main pivot giving the team teleport and future sight support as its able to sponge a hit from every special attacker in the tier. Weezing is your main Zarude check and ground resist running a rather aggressive set that combines elements of both its offensive and defensive sets meant to cripple and punish switch-ins of mons that try to take advantage of it like the slowtrio, ghosts, and fire types, while keeping offensive pressure for the team. Drampa is your defogger that keeps the team's Fire/Ghost combo weakness in check for weezing/slowking. Cobalion is here to set up rocks while acting as a wall breaker with SD and Zarude is the team's scarfer that synergize nicely together; both also appreciate Slowking's future sight support. The defensive trio also has a double shadow ball + future sight combo going on making it easier to break and keep opposing teams weak for Zarude/Cobalion/Sneasel. The actual paste of the team has a few more details about different set options for the team.

The biggest threats to this team are specs Sylveon, life orb Roserade, sub/cm fairies, Shiftry, dd Necrozma with eq/photon/x-scissor, and smack down AoA Krookodile.

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 288-338 (73.2 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 361-429 (91.8 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO 252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Overheat vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking in Sun: 213-252 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking in Sun: 165-194 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO +2 252 SpA Life Orb Celebi Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 359-424 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO 252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking in Sun: 350-414 (89 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO +2 252 SpA Polteageist Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sneasel: 211-249 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sneasel: 220-259 (87.6 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO 252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sneasel: 204-240 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 216 HP / 252+ Def Drampa: 138-163 (39.3 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

solonor24

Banned deucer.
:Araquanid: / :Mimikyu: / :Bisharp: / :Noivern: / :Cobalion: / :Necrozma:
Team importable: https://pokepast.es/c0df04075bbbb9c3

I used this team back in the jirachi meta and it was good back then. Needless to say it's even better now. With the subtraction of lycanroc, the aforementioned jirachi, and the re-addition of necrozma, offense has become extremely potent. This is a very simple team for people to pilot; get up webs/hazards and win with one of the wincons. Necrozma is stupidly overpowered; if your not using umbreon this thing will likely yield a 2 kill return per game on average. For the necrozma set, you can switch between heat wave and earth power as your final coverage move depending on which you prefer.

Some threats to this team include the rotoms and sylveon. When you encounter one of these, prioritize rocks immediately so u can keep ur webs up long term. Shuffle between noivern and coba for volt switch, necrozma really enjoys being at full hp when your ready to do some damage. Everything else will get torn to shreds with ease with some patience and good play.

Final team before Crown Tundra drops. Been having some fun on ladder with this one and had some decent success.
Honestly this team was pretty hastily made, but the idea I wanted to build around is that Celebi often gets KO'd prematurely due to its slower speed, so webs is there to patch that up. Araquanid is a fantastic webs setter and offensive threat with its ability and STABs. I chose to give it a Focus Sash to ensure it gets webs up, and Mirror Coat to help keep hazards away. It's also decently bulky and helps to patch up the team's fire weakness. Specs Sylveon slams just about everything in the tier really hard with Hyper Voice, and it works very well as a partner to Celebi to beat Noivern and to break through things that would normally outspeed it once webs are up. CB Zarude again is just there to hit very hard and is a faster offensive mon that gives the team a better chance at surviving if webs are lost. Chandelure provides more insurance against Fire-type attacks and blocks normal moves, so it adds to the team's defense while not easing up on offense. As with Celebi and Sylveon it really appreciates webs slowing down things that would normally beat it too. Finally, Scarf Mienshao is there to act as speed control, a late game cleaner, and a powerful lead that can break many rocks setters and almost always at the very least pivot out safely while dealing some damage with U-Turn. Araquanid really turned out to be the star player for this team, and I definitely want to use it more now :)

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:ss/tapu-lele::ss/alakazam::ss/hawlucha::ss/blacephalon::ss/krookodile::ss/ninetales-alola:

horrid psychic terrain HO (by yours truly)

There are so many broken things in the tier right now thanks to the insane drops, so much so that the tier got completely dumped into the clutches of hell known as beta (also known as wallbreaker hell). Naturally, I wanted to capitalize on this to create perhaps the most stupid team I have ever speedbuilt and actually accomplished anything with. Most of the team consists of fairly strong setup mons, all accented with the support of Offensive Rocks Krook with its handy Smack Down now relevant with the return of Skarmory and the gain of Celesteela, as well as the new unban in Ninetales-Alola to give these offensive powerhouses the room to pop off.

My thought process with the offensive core of this team was to build a team of fast, overwhelming wallbreakers that would appreciate the blocking of priority; of the broken guys, immediately Zam and Blace came to my mind, as the former can also capitalize on the terrain with Expanding Force, and both appreciate being able to stomach Aqua Jets, Accelerocks, and Sucker Punches, while creating absolute hell for the opposition. Hawlucha is a general mainstay on terrain offense, and obviously it is very potent as a wincon that can dance past a majority of the tier's scarfers, being able to outspeed up to base 115 Scarf users, which is just what it needs, as Raikou is the fastest viable Choice Scarf user in the tier.

Volcarona is interchangeable with Blacephalon, and it certainly works, but I find Blacephalon's STABs with Beast Boost to be a lot more explosive and more effective at breaking past Noivern and Primarina without needing to waste turns setting up, the latter of which can be fairly annoying. That's your call, really.

Enjoy the hell that I have created ;3

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Double Suicide Lead Psychic Terrain HO

(click the sprites for the importable)

You don't need more than 2 braincells to use this team, and thats coming from me. Just lead Azelf, and either set Stealth Rock or explode if you're facing things like Grimmsnarl. Then, send in Lele to get the terrain up and spam attacks until you faint (I found that a lot of players will think Lele is Choice Locked and will send Dark types after I've used Psychic, so you can destroy those as well). The Terrain Extender gives you plenty of turns, so don't worry. Next, send the best suited sweeper. If they have things like Aegi, hold on to Lucha and go Alakazam instead (you'd have to change Focus Blast to Shadow Ball tho, my bad). If they have Azumarill, you can go Gyarados, set up a DD and just yeet it out of the world with Power Whip. Just find the best matchups but be wary of the terrain turns. Try to keep up the team's momentum and don't be scared to let mons faint to bring in the next one.

Edit: I've replaced Volcarona with Blacephalon. I found it way too difficult to find opportunities to setup with Volc in such an offensive meta and it wasn't really doing anything for the team. Blacephalon is also a better way of dealing with stuff like Jirachi and Mew, which required setup from Lucha/Zam/Gyara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)