[STABmons] Sableye [QC: 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

QC BaconBagonz/Eevee General/ Unfixable
GP P Squared / TDP​
[OVERVIEW]

Sableye's great Dark / Ghost typing leaves it with three immunities and only one weakness, notably letting it serve as a great counter to all of the Fake Out + Extreme Speed users in the tier. Its amazing ability in Prankster paired with its expansive support movepool with moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, and Taunt allows it to quickly cripple foes. Access to recovery keeps it alive for a while, which allows it to support the team throughout the battle. Because of its versatility, it is able to partner well with many Pokemon and fit well on most teams and most playstyles. It is, however, easily beaten by Prankster Taunt and can suffer from four-moveslot syndrome.

Mega Sableye, with its ability Magic Bounce, can turn foes' status moves back at them. With its increased Defense and Special Defense stats, Mega Sableye has the capability to set up and sweep teams. However, its below average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble at times, making it either frail, easily set up on, or outsped.

[SET]
name: Utility
move 1: Parting Shot
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Topsy-Turvy / Foul Play
move 4: Recover / Knock Off
item: Leftovers / Sablenite
ability: Prankster
nature: Careful / Impish
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out to avoid taking unwanted hits, as well as having the added benefit of weakening the foe by lowering each of its attacking stats by a stage. Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack, as well as damaging them each turn. Topsy-Turvy allows Sableye to stop setup sweepers in their tracks, as it reverses their stat changes. Foul Play is another option over Topsy-Turvy, as once Sableye has crippled physical sweepers with a burn, it can hit them hard with Foul Play if they try to boost. Recover allows Sableye to regain half of its health, which helps it stay around as long as possible. Knock Off allows Sableye to rid its foes of their items, something that can cripple many opposing strategies. Taunt is also an option that can help make Sableye a nice stallbreaker. Toxic can help break down bulky foes by dealing an increasing amount of damage each turn.

Set Details
========

Prankster allows Sableye to bypass its awful Speed and increases the priority of its status moves, letting it Recover, fire off Will-O-Wisp, or pivot out with Parting Shot before the foe can attack. The maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense with an Impish nature paired with Will-O-Wisp allow Sableye to be as bulky as possible and take as many hits as possible. Leftovers allows Sableye to slowly regain health over the course of the battle, keeping it alive longer. 252 HP and Defense EVs along with an Impish nature could also be run to take more physical hits. Sablenite can be used to allow Sableye to Mega Evolve, giving it enhanced defensive stats and Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

If you use Parting Shot on a foe with Magic Bounce, such as Mega Diancie, the foe will be forced to switch out and Sableye's attacking stats will drop a stage, which then becomes a mind game with the opponent. Sableye is the slowest Prankster user in STABmons, so if the opponent runs another Prankster user such as Thundurus or Whimsicott, they can easily shut Sableye down with Taunt or status it with Thunder Wave and Spore, so it is best to switch out against them. Sableye is a check—not a counter—to most physical threats, meaning it isn't bulky enough to switch into them. It is better to switch Sableye in after a teammate has fainted or with a clean switch from U-turn. From there, it can either status a threat with Will-O-Wisp or force it out. Because of the versatility of this set, it can be used throughout the entire battle. This makes it important to keep using Recover whenever you have the chance. If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% to Sableye, it is helpful to use Recover to set it up to better take more hits. If Sableye Mega Evolves, it will gain Magic Bounce, which is good for reflecting Taunt and other status moves; however, it will lose the ability to pivot out before the foe attacks and instead will have to rely on a slow pivot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Heatran and Scizor are great switch-ins to Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Meloetta work well, as they appreciate opposing physical attackers being crippled by a burn. Entry hazard setters such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down foes due to the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users, such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Thundurus, go great alongside Sableye, keeping up the momentum along with Parting Shot to wear down the foes over the course of the battle. Hazard removers such as Landorus-T, Starmie, and Mega Blastoise are good teammates for Sableye, as it will be switching in many times. Because this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, Pokemon that beat it are great teammates; Mega Diancie is an option if you are not running Sablenite.

[SET]
name: Mega Calm Mind
move 1: Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Recover
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Snarl / Dark Pulse
item: Sablenite
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Mega Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack stat, giving it time to set up. Recover allows Mega Sableye to stay healthy by restoring half of its health. Calm Mind boosts Mega Sableye's Special Attack and Special Defense, making it harder to KO and letting it hit hard after a few boosts. Snarl, while not hitting the foe hard, drops its Special Attack by one stage each time it hits, making Mega Sableye extremely hard to KO when paired with Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind. It also has 24 PP, allowing it to be used many times throughout the battle. Dark Pulse is a powerful STAB option that has 24 PP and can be used if you want to inflict more damage. Night Daze is a similarly strong STAB move that has a 40% chance to lower the foe's accuracy. This is useful because once the foe has had its accuracy lowered a few times, it is forced to either switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting. However, it only has 16 PP, which isn't the optimal for this set. Shadow Ball is another option to chip Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir, which would otherwise wall this set.

Set Details
========

Prankster is important the turn before you Mega Evolve Sableye, as it lets Sableye either cripple a foe with a priority Will-O-Wisp or get a quick Calm Mind boost. Sablenite allows Sableye to Mega Evolve, which dramatically increases its defensive stats, as well as giving it Magic Bounce for an ability. Magic Bounce is an extremely useful ability after Mega Evolving, as it lets Sableye send status moves back at the user. A Bold nature increases Sableye's Defense while lowering its Attack, making it as physically bulky as possible. The EVs in HP and Defense along with burn support allow Sableye to take on many physical hits.

Usage Tips
========

It is not necessary to Mega Evolve right away. Prankster is a great ability before Mega Evolving and has some advantages over Magic Bounce, such as getting off a quick burn with Will-O-Wisp to cripple a physical attacker or getting in a quick Calm Mind to be able to take an extra hit. Don't stay in on Fairy-types like Clefable and Sylveon, as they don't care about Dark-type moves and are able to hit hard with their own STAB moves. This set works best late-game once all of its checks and counters, such as Fairy- and Dark-types, have been removed. With Will-O-Wisp, this set serves as a great check to many physical threats in the game; however, because of its low Speed, make sure that Mega Sableye is able to take two hits from whatever it is facing, as it will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Afterwards, you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents Mega Sableye from being phazed with Roar or Whirlwind. Beware, however, of opposing Sableye, as your Sableye can be phazed by Parting Shot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Scizor and Heatran work well with Mega Sableye, as they are able to switch into and eliminate Fairy-types that Mega Sableye doesn't like. Fighting- and Fairy-types such as Terrakion and Sylveon also work well, as they can take out Dark-types that stand in the way of a Mega Sableye sweep. Entry hazard setters such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Heatran can wear down foes over the length of the battle, something that Mega Sableye appreciates. Teammates that can switch into powerful wallbreakers like Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo, such as Latios, Porygon2, Chansey, and Jirachi, make for good teammates as well, as Mega Sableye would struggle with them otherwise.

[SET]
name: Focus Sash
move 2: Destiny Bond / Memento
move 3: Parting Shot
move 4: Knock Off / Foul Play
item: Focus Sash
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to check physical attackers, cutting their Attack in half. Destiny Bond allows Sableye to take a foe with it if it is KOed, which works great alongside Prankster. Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by two stages each at the expense of Sableye itself, which gives a teammate an easy setup opportunity. Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out with priority and drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. Knock Off rids foes of their items while also hitting with STAB. Foul Play hits foes that have boosted their Attack hard. Taunt is another option that works well with Destiny Bond, as it forces a foe to use an attack, which will activate Destiny Bond if it KOes. Topsy-Turvy can be used to reverse the stats of setup sweepers and then allow Sableye to pivot into a setup sweeper to take advantage of a weakened foe.

Set Details
========

Prankster increases the priority of status moves, which is extremely important with this set, as it allows Sableye to take down a foe with Destiny Bond. The 72 Attack EVs allow Sableye to OHKO Espeon with Knock Off. The rest of the EVs go to HP and Defense to make Sableye as bulky as possible. Focus Sash is used so Sableye can be a last-resort check to many setup sweepers on opposing teams, allowing it to switch into them once and then take them down with Destiny Bond the following turn.

Usage Tips
========

This set works at any point in the game because of its versatility, although it cannot switch into foes with multi-hit or priority moves, such as Azumarill, Cloyster, and Stoutland. Sableye can also be used to build momentum on a VoltTurn team by using Parting Shot to switch to a teammate with a better matchup. If you are running Memento, this set works really well when paired with a setup sweeper; in that case, make sure that the counters to your sweeper are eliminated before using the move.

Team Options
========

Rotom-W makes for a decent teammate, as it is able to handle Azumarill, Cloyster, and Mega Diancie, which can all give Sableye issues. Setup sweepers such as Ursaring, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Scizor also make for good teammates. To keep Sableye's Focus Sash intact, the field needs to be entry hazard free; teammates like Mega Blastoise, Landorus-T, and Defog Gyarados help do this.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sableye can use a Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo, although this is very niche and outclassed. Sableye can also run Confuse Ray as an alternative to Will-O-Wisp; however, it is outclassed by Will-O-Wisp, as confusion doesn't cripple the Attack stat of the foe. Sucker Punch is an option to surprise and pick off weak foes such as Gardevoir, Latios, and other Psychic-types with low Defense. Metal Burst is another niche option that is possible on the Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie, Sylveon, and Clefable are able to counter Sableye, as they don't care about its Dark-type STAB moves and are able to hit back hard with their own STAB moves. Mega Diancie makes for a particularly good counter, as it is able to reflect status moves back with its own Magic Bounce.

**Scrappy Foes**: Foes like Mega Lopunny and Stoutland are able to hit Sableye and KO it with Fake Out + Extreme Speed thanks to Scrappy. Mega Lopunny is also able to OHKO Mega Sableye with a Fighting-type STAB move.

**Opposing Prankster Foes**: Opposing Prankster users like Thundurus and Whimsicott will outspeed and Taunt non-Mega Sableye, shutting it down. Whimsicott handles Mega Sableye as well by resisting Dark-type attacks and hitting it hard with Moonblast.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Powerful wallbreakers such as Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Charizard Y are strong enough to overpower Sableye.

Last edited:

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
Sorry didn't forget about this, been kinda busy with school starting back up. I'll for sure have it finished by the weekend. Hopefully sooner

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
sorry for the wait got really busy with school Its finally done. I shouldn't take this long to do an analysis again. But ready for first QC.

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mine
Overview
Ok so I guess I want the points sorta reordered, so that when it comes to writing there's a coherent structure.

- Start by explaining Sableye's and Mega Sableye's niches in the tier with their respective abilities.
Can be a last resort stop to many set up sweepers
Works on almost all playstyles.
- Gather all the points about Sableye's typing into one area. This includes immunities to common Fighting-, Psychic-, and Normal-type attacks. Make sure to highlight that the last allows Sableye to beat Fake Out + Extreme Speed users, and then mention the sole weakness to Fairy.
- Talk about Prankster Sableye and its large movepool, which contains Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, etc. and highlight its access to recovery in the form of Recover, which keeps it healthy throughout the game.
- Move on to the benefits of Magic Bounce Mega Sableye: bouncing status, hazards, and Taunt. Mention that it fixes up many of the classic issues for stall teams and provides important entry hazard control, while threatening opposing stall with its Calm Mind set.
- Collect the negatives here. Sableye is quite frail, Mega Sableye has good defensive stats but bad HP. Both aren't particularly specially bulky. Bad offensive presence and bad Speed stat, struggles to fit all the moves it wants in one set, and vulnerable to Taunt Thundurus.

Set - Pivot
- This is generally your choice, but I'd like to put Parting Shot first, as the set title itself implies that Parting Shot is the most important move.
- Maybe take Foul Play off the fourth slot? I can't really imagine needing both Topsy-Turvy and Foul Play on the same Sableye

- Mention Taunt under Moves, as Taunt + Will-O-Wisp + Recover makes Sableye an excellent stallbreaker (except it loses to opposing Mega Sableye lol)
- Also mention Toxic, as it wears down special attackers that don't mind burns as well as Fire-types. It shouldn't replace Will-O-Wisp but rather be run alongside it.

- I think I'd use a Careful nature along with a specially defensive spread. Mention two choices: Impish 252 HP / 252 Def or Careful 252 HP / 252 SpD, and mention that the second is better as Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers anyway.

- Mention Pokemon that straight up beat Mega Sableye under Team Options, because it's definitely appreciated. Mega Diancie comes to mind

Set - Mega Utility?
Can we have a Mega Utility set? I think it's better than Calm Mind because of how easy it is to spread Knock Off and status, as well as keeping healthy with Recover and blocking hazards. Don't write one up if you don't think it's good enough though!

Set - Calm Mind
- Make sure Calm Mind is the first move on the set
- Personally, I'd take Night Daze off the set because accuracy drops aren't a great benefit and reliable PP is far more important

- Mention Night Daze under moves
- Also mention Shadow Ball, as Normal-types that are immune to it still dislike Will-O-Wisp, and it hits Fairy-types that like to switch into Sableye harder, notably chipping Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir faster.

- I think 4 Speed is enough for Ferrothorn insurance, as no Ferrothorn is going to invest in Speed. If anything, they'll be 0 IV, minus Speed nature to power up Gyro Ball. To be honest, I'd rather not have Speed investment at all, as Sableye sets up on Ferrothorn pretty easily anyway

- Usage Tips looks great, mention that Prankster gives Calm Mind priority which can be helpful when setting up.

- Under Team Options, mention switchins to the powerful wallbreakers that Sableye hates, such as Jirachi for Mega Gardevoir, Latias for Keldeo, and Chansey.

Set - Sash
- Rename the set to 'Focus Sash'

I haven't really used / seen this set that much, except when you used it once against me as a lead lol. I don't know much about it so I'll leave it as is, but finish off the Topsy-Turvy point under Moves.

Other Options
- Toxic is actually ok when run alongside Will-O-Wisp, so take it out but leave Confuse Ray there. I hate seeing Confuse Ray Sableyes lol
- Sucker Punch Mega Sableye is a nice trolly option that picks off Gardevoir, Latios and other physically frail Pokemon before they can KO you.
- Metal Burst is niche, but it's usable to stop Pokemon that don't mind Sableye's other moves. It obviously has the most utility on the Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
- Add a section for powerful wallbreakers, such as Keldeo and Mega Charizard Y.
Great analysis, feel free to dispute any part of this check!

QC 1/3

Last edited:

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
Set - Mega Utility?
Can we have a Mega Utility set? I think it's better than Calm Mind because of how easy it is to spread Knock Off and status, as well as keeping healthy with Recover and blocking hazards. Don't write one up if you don't think it's good enough though!
Thanks for the check and sorry it took so long to implement. I implemented it all. What I did for the Mega Utility set was slash sablenite with the first set as I think the utility set is very similar to what the first set was. I made some edits there to reflect that too. If you or any other QC member think it needs its own separate set I would uncombine them.

EV

Banned deucer.
Solid analysis
  • Since Mega Sableye counters it such as Mega Diancie is a great teammate.
?

Under the Calm Mind set for Set Details last bullet, include that reflecting status is particularly helpful considering it can't be phazed with Roar/Whirlwind by common shufflers.

For Checks and Counters I'd eliminate MB and merge the notes about Mega Diancie into the Fairy section. Espeon isn't really a check when it can be KO'd by Knock Off. Plus it doesn't typically carry any moves that threaten to KO Sableye (except for the rare Dazzling Gleam).

QC 2 of 3.

Last edited:

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
Implemented, also for the 2nd set I wasn't sure about this and the first one too I guess, do I list the ability as "Prankster" or "Magic Bounce" or "Prankster/Magic Bounce"? I wasn't sure how to do it with a mega that changes abilities.

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Implemented, also for the 2nd set I wasn't sure about this and the first one too I guess, do I list the ability as "Prankster" or "Magic Bounce" or "Prankster/Magic Bounce"? I wasn't sure how to do it with a mega that changes abilities.
It's definitely going to have to be Prankster, as the dex set has to be importable.

baconbagon

free stabmons
really dislike the focus sash set. i'd prefer it removed. thoughts? Eevee General, baconbagon

besides that

qc 3/3

don't put it into GP until bacon / eevee give their thoughts.
hmm idk it's just nice to limit sweepers and open up setup opportunities and it'd be sad to see all of Scyther's work go D:
I don't mind where it is, but personally I think it's pretty niche and more of an OO thing.

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
I use the set a lot and I really like it. It has won me a lot of matches. It catches a lot of people off guard and is a great check to a lot of set up sweepers, and a great way to take down a foe which you have no other answer for. I think it is good enough to keep its own set.

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Disclaimer: This is just an amcheck, so my work probably won't be perfect!

ADD
REMOVE
(OTHER COMMENTS)

[OVERVIEW]

Sableye's Great great typing leaves Sableye it with 3 three immunities and only one weakness.(You spelled out "one" but put three as "3," so I changed it for consistency.) Because of its Ghost typing, it serves as a great counter to all of the Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed Extreme Speed(+space) users in the tier. Its amazing ability in Prankster paired with its amazing support movepool with moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, Taunt,(+comma) and more allows it to quickly cripple opponents foes. Access to Recovery recovery keeps it along alive for a while in battles.(This sentence doesn't seem to be adding much; maybe combine it with another or expand upon this idea?) Because of its versatility, it is able to partner well with many pokemon Pokemon and fit well on most teams and with most playstyles. It is,(+comma) however, easily beaten by Prankster taunt,(-comma) and can suffer from Four Moveslot Syndrome four-moveslot syndrome.

Mega Sableye and,(+comma) with its ability Magic Bounce,(+comma) can turn opponents foes'(+apostrophe) status moves back at them. With the increase in Defense and Special Defense stats after mega evolving Mega Evolving, Mega Sableye has the stats and capability (I wouldn't want to mix up a Pokemon's actual ability with the ability to do something) to be able to set up and sweep teams. However,(+comma) its Below below average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble it at times,(+comma) which either making make it frail, or letting it be set up on, or be outsped.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out in order to avoid taking unwanted hits, as well as having the added benefit of weakening the foe by lowering each of their attacking stats by a stage. Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their attack, as well as damaging them each turn.(+period) Topsy-Turvy allows Sableye to stop set up setup(-space) sweepers in their traps tracks (I know that "stop in their tracks" is a saying, but "in their traps" is new to me. If that's what you intended, feel free to keep it.), as it reverses their stat changes. Foul Play is another option over Topsy-Turvy,(+comma) as once Sableye has crippled physical sweepers with a burn, it can hit them hard with Foul Play if they try to boost. Recover allows Sableye to regain half of its health.,(-period,+comma) This which helps to let it stay around as long as possible. Knock Off allows Sableye to rid its foes of their items, something which that can cripple many opponent opposing strategies. Taunt is also an option that can help make Sableye a nice stallbreaker. Toxic is another option to help break down bulky foes by dealing them an increasing amount of damage each turn.

Set Details
========

Prankster allows Sableye to bypass its awful speed and increases the priority bracket of its status moves. It allows it to recover Recover, fire off Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) or pivot out with Parting Shot (I assume this is the move it uses to pivot out.) before the opponent foe can attack. The maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense with an Impish nature paired with Will-O-Wisp allow Sableye to be as bulky as possible and take as many hits as possible. Leftovers allows Sableye to slowly regain health over the course of the battle, keeping it along alive longer.(This is the second time you've used "along" as "the survival capabilities or Sableye." I've never seen "along" be used in this context and it makes more sense in my eyes to use "alive," but if you believe it is acceptable, by all means, keep it.) Impish 252 HP / 252 Defense EVs could also be run to take more physical hits. Sablenite can be used to allow Sableye to mega evolve Mega Evolve,(+comma) giving it more defensive stats and Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

If you use Parting Shot on a Magic Bounce foe with Magic Bounce,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie, the foe will be forced to switch out and Sableye's attacking stats will drop a stage.,(-period,+comma) This which then becomes a mind game with the opponent. Sableye is the slowest Prankster user in STABmons, so if the foe uses another prankster Prankster user,(+comma) such as Thundurus or Whimscott Whimsicott,(+comma) they can easily shut you down with taunt Taunt or status you with Thunder Wave / Spore respectively.,(-period,+comma) so It it is best to switch out against them. Sableye is a check,(-comma)—(+emdash)not a counter—(+emdash)(Note that no spaces should be used before or after the dashes)to most physical threats, meaning it isn't bulky enough to switch into them. It is better used to switch in after you lose a member of your team or with a clean switch due to U-Turn. From there it can either status a threat with Will-O-Wisp or force it out.(Parting Shot and Topsy-Turvy don't "force" out threats, but cripple them so they will probably want to switch out. It made sense, so I decided not to tweak it.) Because of the versatility of this set, it can be used throughout the entire battle. This makes it important to keep using Recover whenever you have the chance. If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% (50% of what? Specify damage or HP.) to you,(+comma) many times it is good helpful to use recover Recover to set yourself up to better take more hits better. If you Sableye (You, as the battler, are not Mega Evolving; your Pokemon is.) Mega evolve Evolves, you it will gain Magic Bounce,(+comma) which is good for reflecting Taunt and other statuses,;(-comma,+semicolon) however, you will lose the ability to pivot out before the opponent attacks,(-comma) instead you and will rely on a slow pivot instead.

Team Options
========

Steel-types,(+comma) such as Heatran and Scizor,(+comma) are great switch-ins(+hyphen) on Fairy-types,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon,(+comma) that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls,(+comma) such as Chansey,(+comma) Poryon2 Porygon2, and Meloetta,(+comma) work well,(+comma) as they appreciate opposing physical attackers crippled with by a Will-O-Wisp induced burn. Hazard setters,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran,(+comma) pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down the opponent foes due to all the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users,(+comma) such as Rotom-Wash(+hyphen), Landorus-T, and Thundurus,(+comma) go great alongside with Sableye,(+comma) keeping up the momentum with Parting Shot to wear down the foe down over the course of the battle. Hazard removers,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Starmie,(+comma) and Mega Blastoise,(+comma) are good teammates for Sableye,(+comma) as they keep the field clear of hazards,(+comma) which is something that Sableye appreciates due to switching in many times. Since this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, things (Things isn't really the best word to describe Pokemon...) that beat Mega Sableye,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie,(+comma) are great teammates.(This seems a little off, as you can't have Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie at the same time, but I suppose you just could have regular Sableye.)(Hopefully I don't seem too crazy with all of the commas that I'm adding! x.x)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Mega Sableye to cripple Physical attackers by halving their Attack stat, giving it time to set up. Recover allows Mega Sableye to stay healthy by regaining half of its health. Calm Mind boosts Mega Sableye's Special Attack and Special Defense in order to make it harder to kill KO, as well as letting it hit hard after a few boosts. Snarl,(+comma) while not hitting the foe hard, drops their special attack Special Attack by one stage each time it hits,(+comma) making Mega Sableye extremely hard to kill KO when paired with Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind. It also has 24 pp PP,(+comma) allowing it to be used many times over throughout the battle. Dark Pulse is another powerful STAB option that has 24 PP and can be used if you want to inflict more damage. Night Daze is another powerful STAB option that has a 40% chance to lower the foe's accuracy. This is good because once the foe has its accuracy lowered a few times,(+comma) it is either forced to switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting. It however However,(+comma) it only has 16 PP,(+comma) which isn't the most optimal for this set. Shadow Ball is another option to chip Fairy-types,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir,(+comma) which that would otherwise wall this set.

Set Details
========

Prankster is important the turn before you Mega Evolve,(+comma) as it lets Sableye either hurt cripple ("Hurt" implies doing damage; although a burn will eventually do damage at the end of a turn, "cripple" is probably a better choice of words.) a foe with a quick priority Will-O-Wisp,(-comma) or get a quick Calm Mind boost. Sablenite allows Sableye to mega Mega Evolve,(+comma) which dramatically increases its defensive stats, as well as giving it Magic Bounce for an ability. Magic Bounce is an extremely useful ability after Mega Evolving,(+comma) as it lets Sableye send status attacks back at the user. A Bold bold Nature nature increases Sableye's Defense stat while lowering attack Attack, making Sableye it as physically bulky as possible. The EVs in HP and Defense along with burn support allows Sableye to take on many physical hits.

Usage Tips
========

It is not necessary to mega evolve Mega Evolve right away. Prankster is a great ability pre mega before Mega Evolving and has some options advantages over Magic Bounce, such as getting off a quick burn with Will-O-Wisp to cripple a physical attacker,(-comma) or getting in a quick Calm Mind to be able to take an extra hit. Only mega when makes sense to. Don't stay in on Fairy-types such as like Clefable or Sylveon, as they don't care at all about Dark-type(+hyphen) moves and they are able to hit hard with their own STAB moves. This set works best late-game(+hyphen) once all of its checks and counters,(+comma) such as Fairy- and Dark-types,(+comma) have been removed. With Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) this set serves as a great check to many physical threats in the game.;(-period,+semicolon) However however,(+comma) because of its low speed Speed,(+comma) make sure that you are able to take 2 two hits from whatever you are facing,(+comma) as you will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Then Afterwards,(+comma) you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents it from being phazed out with Roar/Whirlwind. Beware,(+comma) however,(+comma) of opposing Sableye, as this your Sableye can be phazed out with by Parting Shot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Scizor and Heatran,(+comma) work well with Mega Sableye,(+comma) as they are able to switch into and eliminate Fairy-types that Mega Sableye doesn't like can't handle. Fighting-(+hyphen) and Fairy-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Sylveon and Terrakon Terrakion,(+comma) also work well,(+comma) as they can take out Dark-types which that can also stand in the way of a Mega Sableye Sweep. Hazard setters,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Garchomp,(+comma) and Heatran,(+comma) can work well to set hazards in order to wear down the foes over the length of the battle, something that Mega Sableye appreciates. Teammates to that can switch into powerful wallbreakers,(+comma) such as Latios, Porygon2, Chansey, and Jirachi,(+comma) in order to handle Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo,(-comma) make good teammates also.(You haven't mentioned that Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo are threats in the first place, although it is sort of implied when you mention Fairy-types earlier in this section. Adding a minor detail at the end saying that Sableye generally has a hard time with them could probably clear this up.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to check Physical physical attackers and cut their attack in half. Destiny Bond allows Sableye to take a foe with it if it is killed KOed.,(-period,+comma) It which works great alongside with prankster Prankster. Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by 2 two stages each,(+comma) while coming but at the expense of costing your Sableye, which gives allowing a teammate an easy set up setup(-space) opportunity. Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out with priority and drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack each by a one stage each. Knock Off is used to rid foes of their items as well as while also hitting with STAB. Foul Play is used to hit hard foes who that have boosted their offenses hard. Taunt is another option that works well with Destiny Bond,(+comma) as it forces a foe to use an attack which that would activate Destiny Bond if it kills KOes. Topsy-Turvy is another option that can be used to reverse the stats of set up setup(-space) sweepers and then allow Sableye to pivot into a set up setup(-space) sweeper to take advantage of a weakened foe.

Set Details
========

Prankster increases the priority of status moves allowing.,(-period,+comma) It which is extremely important with this set,(+comma) as it allows it to take down a foe with Destiny Bond. The 72 Attack EVs allow Sableye to OHKO Espeon with Knock Off. The rest of the EVs go to HP and Defense to make Sableye as bulky as possible. Focus Sash is used so Sableye can be a last resort check to many set up setup(-space) sweepers on opposing teams, allowing it to switch into them once and then take them down with Destiny Bond the following turn.

Usage Tips
========

This Sableye set works at any point in the game because of its versatility,(+comma) although It it cannot switch into things foes with either multi-hit(+hyphen) or priority moves,(+comma) or priority that affects it such as Azumarill, Cloyster, or and Stoutland. This can also be used to build momentum on a VoltTurn team by using Parting Shot to switch to a teammate with a better matchup. If you are running Memento, this set works really well when paired with a set up setup(-space) sweeper, so make sure that the counters to your sweeper are eliminated if that is the case.

Team Options
========

Rotom-Wash(+hyphen) makes a decent teammate,(+comma) as it is able to handle Azumarill,(+comma) and Cloyster,(+comma) and Mega Diancie,(+comma) which can all give Sableye issues. Set up Setup(-space) sweepers,(+comma) such as Ursaring, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Scizor,(+comma) also make good teammates. To keep sash its Focus Sash intact, it needs to keep the field needs to be hazard-free(+hyphen),;(-comma,+semicolon) teammates such as like Mega Blastoise, Landorus-T, and Defog Gyarados work to help do this.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sableye can also run a Switcheroo Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo.,(-period,+comma) This set however although it is serves only as very a niche and is very outclassed.("Niche" isn't an adjective.) Sableye can also run Confuse Ray as an alternative to Will-O-Wisp,;(-comma,+semicolon) however,(+comma) it is outclassed by Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) as they don't hurt confusion doesn't cripple the attack Attack stat of the foe. Sucker Punch is an option to surprise and pick off weak foes,(+comma) such as Gardevoir,(+comma) and Latios,(+comma) and other foes Psychic-types with low Defense. Metal Burst is another niche gimmicky (might not be the best word) option that is possible on the sash Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy Types Fairy-types(+hyphen)**: Fairy Types Fairy-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Mega Diancie, Sylveon,(+comma) and Clefable,(+comma) are able to counter Sableye,(+comma) as they don't care about its Dark-type(+hyphen) STAB moves and they are able to hit back hard with their own STAB moves. Mega Diancie makes a particularly good counter,(+comma) as it is able to reflect status moves back with its own Magic Bounce of its own.

**Scrappy Foes**: Foes such as like Mega Lopunny and Stoutland are able to hit Sableye and KO it with Scrappy Fake Out + Extreme Speed alongside Scrappy. Mega Lopunny is able to OHKO Mega
Sableye which have already mega evolved with a Scrappy Fighting-type(+hyphen) Stab STAB move,(+comma) as it will outspeed.

**Opposing Prankster Foes**: Opposing Prankster users,(+comma) like such as Thundurus and Whimscott Whimsicott,(+comma) will outspeed and Taunt non mega versions of non-Mega(+hyphen) Sableye, shutting which shuts it down. Whimscott Whimsicott handles Mega Sableye as well by resisting Dark-type(+hyphen) attacks and hitting it hard with Moonblast.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Powerful Wallbreakers wallbreakers,(+comma) such as Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Charizard Y,(+comma) are strong enough to overpower Sableye.

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
Disclaimer: This is just an amcheck, so my work probably won't be perfect!

[OVERVIEW]

Sableye's Great great typing leaves Sableye it with 3 three immunities and only one weakness.(You spelled out "one" but put three as "3," so I changed it for consistency.) Because of its Ghost typing, it serves as a great counter to all of the Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed Extreme Speed(+space) users in the tier. Its amazing ability in Prankster paired with its amazing support movepool with moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, Taunt,(+comma) and more allows it to quickly cripple opponents foes. Access to Recovery recovery keeps it along alive for a while in battles.(This sentence doesn't seem to be adding much; maybe combine it with another or expand upon this idea?) Because of its versatility, it is able to partner well with many pokemon Pokemon and fit well on most teams and with most playstyles. It is,(+comma) however, easily beaten by Prankster taunt,(-comma) and can suffer from Four Moveslot Syndrome four-moveslot syndrome.

Mega Sableye and,(+comma) with its ability Magic Bounce,(+comma) can turn opponents foes'(+apostrophe) status moves back at them. With the increase in Defense and Special Defense stats after mega evolving Mega Evolving, Mega Sableye has the stats and capability (I wouldn't want to mix up a Pokemon's actual ability with the ability to do something) to be able to set up and sweep teams. However,(+comma) its Below below average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble it at times,(+comma) which either making make it frail, or letting it be set up on, or be outsped.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out in order to avoid taking unwanted hits, as well as having the added benefit of weakening the foe by lowering each of their attacking stats by a stage. Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their attack, as well as damaging them each turn.(+period) Topsy-Turvy allows Sableye to stop set up setup(-space) sweepers in their traps tracks (I know that "stop in their tracks" is a saying, but "in their traps" is new to me. If that's what you intended, feel free to keep it.), as it reverses their stat changes. Foul Play is another option over Topsy-Turvy,(+comma) as once Sableye has crippled physical sweepers with a burn, it can hit them hard with Foul Play if they try to boost. Recover allows Sableye to regain half of its health.,(-period,+comma) This which helps to let it stay around as long as possible. Knock Off allows Sableye to rid its foes of their items, something which that can cripple many opponent opposing strategies. Taunt is also an option that can help make Sableye a nice stallbreaker. Toxic is another option to help break down bulky foes by dealing them an increasing amount of damage each turn.

Set Details
========

Prankster allows Sableye to bypass its awful speed and increases the priority bracket of its status moves. It allows it to recover Recover, fire off Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) or pivot out with Parting Shot (I assume this is the move it uses to pivot out.) before the opponent foe can attack. The maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense with an Impish nature paired with Will-O-Wisp allow Sableye to be as bulky as possible and take as many hits as possible. Leftovers allows Sableye to slowly regain health over the course of the battle, keeping it along alive longer.(This is the second time you've used "along" as "the survival capabilities or Sableye." I've never seen "along" be used in this context and it makes more sense in my eyes to use "alive," but if you believe it is acceptable, by all means, keep it.) Impish 252 HP / 252 Defense EVs could also be run to take more physical hits. Sablenite can be used to allow Sableye to mega evolve Mega Evolve,(+comma) giving it more defensive stats and Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

If you use Parting Shot on a Magic Bounce foe with Magic Bounce,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie, the foe will be forced to switch out and Sableye's attacking stats will drop a stage.,(-period,+comma) This which then becomes a mind game with the opponent. Sableye is the slowest Prankster user in STABmons, so if the foe uses another prankster Prankster user,(+comma) such as Thundurus or Whimscott Whimsicott,(+comma) they can easily shut you down with taunt Taunt or status you with Thunder Wave / Spore respectively.,(-period,+comma) so It it is best to switch out against them. Sableye is a check,(-comma)—(+emdash)not a counter—(+emdash)(Note that no spaces should be used before or after the dashes)to most physical threats, meaning it isn't bulky enough to switch into them. It is better used to switch in after you lose a member of your team or with a clean switch due to U-Turn. From there it can either status a threat with Will-O-Wisp or force it out.(Parting Shot and Topsy-Turvy don't "force" out threats, but cripple them so they will probably want to switch out. It made sense, so I decided not to tweak it.) Because of the versatility of this set, it can be used throughout the entire battle. This makes it important to keep using Recover whenever you have the chance. If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% (50% of what? Specify damage or HP.) to you,(+comma) many times it is good helpful to use recover Recover to set yourself up to better take more hits better. If you Sableye (You, as the battler, are not Mega Evolving; your Pokemon is.) Mega evolve Evolves, you it will gain Magic Bounce,(+comma) which is good for reflecting Taunt and other statuses,;(-comma,+semicolon) however, you will lose the ability to pivot out before the opponent attacks,(-comma) instead you and will rely on a slow pivot instead.

Team Options
========

Steel-types,(+comma) such as Heatran and Scizor,(+comma) are great switch-ins(+hyphen) on Fairy-types,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon,(+comma) that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls,(+comma) such as Chansey,(+comma) Poryon2 Porygon2, and Meloetta,(+comma) work well,(+comma) as they appreciate opposing physical attackers crippled with by a Will-O-Wisp induced burn. Hazard setters,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran,(+comma) pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down the opponent foes due to all the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users,(+comma) such as Rotom-Wash(+hyphen), Landorus-T, and Thundurus,(+comma) go great alongside with Sableye,(+comma) keeping up the momentum with Parting Shot to wear down the foe down over the course of the battle. Hazard removers,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Starmie,(+comma) and Mega Blastoise,(+comma) are good teammates for Sableye,(+comma) as they keep the field clear of hazards,(+comma) which is something that Sableye appreciates due to switching in many times. Since this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, things (Things isn't really the best word to describe Pokemon...) that beat Mega Sableye,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie,(+comma) are great teammates.(This seems a little off, as you can't have Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie at the same time, but I suppose you just could have regular Sableye.)(Hopefully I don't seem too crazy with all of the commas that I'm adding! x.x)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Mega Sableye to cripple Physical attackers by halving their Attack stat, giving it time to set up. Recover allows Mega Sableye to stay healthy by regaining half of its health. Calm Mind boosts Mega Sableye's Special Attack and Special Defense in order to make it harder to kill KO, as well as letting it hit hard after a few boosts. Snarl,(+comma) while not hitting the foe hard, drops their special attack Special Attack by one stage each time it hits,(+comma) making Mega Sableye extremely hard to kill KO when paired with Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind. It also has 24 pp PP,(+comma) allowing it to be used many times over throughout the battle. Dark Pulse is another powerful STAB option that has 24 PP and can be used if you want to inflict more damage. Night Daze is another powerful STAB option that has a 40% chance to lower the foe's accuracy. This is good because once the foe has its accuracy lowered a few times,(+comma) it is either forced to switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting. It however However,(+comma) it only has 16 PP,(+comma) which isn't the most optimal for this set. Shadow Ball is another option to chip Fairy-types,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir,(+comma) which that would otherwise wall this set.

Set Details
========

Prankster is important the turn before you Mega Evolve,(+comma) as it lets Sableye either hurt cripple ("Hurt" implies doing damage; although a burn will eventually do damage at the end of a turn, "cripple" is probably a better choice of words.) a foe with a quick priority Will-O-Wisp,(-comma) or get a quick Calm Mind boost. Sablenite allows Sableye to mega Mega Evolve,(+comma) which dramatically increases its defensive stats, as well as giving it Magic Bounce for an ability. Magic Bounce is an extremely useful ability after Mega Evolving,(+comma) as it lets Sableye send status attacks back at the user. A Bold bold Nature nature increases Sableye's Defense stat while lowering attack Attack, making Sableye it as physically bulky as possible. The EVs in HP and Defense along with burn support allows Sableye to take on many physical hits.

Usage Tips
========

It is not necessary to mega evolve Mega Evolve right away. Prankster is a great ability pre mega before Mega Evolving and has some options advantages over Magic Bounce, such as getting off a quick burn with Will-O-Wisp to cripple a physical attacker,(-comma) or getting in a quick Calm Mind to be able to take an extra hit. Only mega when makes sense to. Don't stay in on Fairy-types such as like Clefable or Sylveon, as they don't care at all about Dark-type(+hyphen) moves and they are able to hit hard with their own STAB moves. This set works best late-game(+hyphen) once all of its checks and counters,(+comma) such as Fairy- and Dark-types,(+comma) have been removed. With Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) this set serves as a great check to many physical threats in the game.;(-period,+semicolon) However however,(+comma) because of its low speed Speed,(+comma) make sure that you are able to take 2 two hits from whatever you are facing,(+comma) as you will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Then Afterwards,(+comma) you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents it from being phazed out with Roar/Whirlwind. Beware,(+comma) however,(+comma) of opposing Sableye, as this your Sableye can be phazed out with by Parting Shot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Scizor and Heatran,(+comma) work well with Mega Sableye,(+comma) as they are able to switch into and eliminate Fairy-types that Mega Sableye doesn't like can't handle. Fighting-(+hyphen) and Fairy-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Sylveon and Terrakon Terrakion,(+comma) also work well,(+comma) as they can take out Dark-types which that can also stand in the way of a Mega Sableye Sweep. Hazard setters,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Garchomp,(+comma) and Heatran,(+comma) can work well to set hazards in order to wear down the foes over the length of the battle, something that Mega Sableye appreciates. Teammates to that can switch into powerful wallbreakers,(+comma) such as Latios, Porygon2, Chansey, and Jirachi,(+comma) in order to handle Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo,(-comma) make good teammates also.(You haven't mentioned that Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo are threats in the first place, although it is sort of implied when you mention Fairy-types earlier in this section. Adding a minor detail at the end saying that Sableye generally has a hard time with them could probably clear this up.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to check Physical physical attackers and cut their attack in half. Destiny Bond allows Sableye to take a foe with it if it is killed KOed.,(-period,+comma) It which works great alongside with prankster Prankster. Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by 2 two stages each,(+comma) while coming but at the expense of costing your Sableye, which gives allowing a teammate an easy set up setup(-space) opportunity. Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out with priority and drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack each by a one stage each. Knock Off is used to rid foes of their items as well as while also hitting with STAB. Foul Play is used to hit hard foes who that have boosted their offenses hard. Taunt is another option that works well with Destiny Bond,(+comma) as it forces a foe to use an attack which that would activate Destiny Bond if it kills KOes. Topsy-Turvy is another option that can be used to reverse the stats of set up setup(-space) sweepers and then allow Sableye to pivot into a set up setup(-space) sweeper to take advantage of a weakened foe.

Set Details
========

Prankster increases the priority of status moves allowing.,(-period,+comma) It which is extremely important with this set,(+comma) as it allows it to take down a foe with Destiny Bond. The 72 Attack EVs allow Sableye to OHKO Espeon with Knock Off. The rest of the EVs go to HP and Defense to make Sableye as bulky as possible. Focus Sash is used so Sableye can be a last resort check to many set up setup(-space) sweepers on opposing teams, allowing it to switch into them once and then take them down with Destiny Bond the following turn.

Usage Tips
========

This Sableye set works at any point in the game because of its versatility,(+comma) although It it cannot switch into things foes with either multi-hit(+hyphen) or priority moves,(+comma) or priority that affects it such as Azumarill, Cloyster, or and Stoutland. This can also be used to build momentum on a VoltTurn team by using Parting Shot to switch to a teammate with a better matchup. If you are running Memento, this set works really well when paired with a set up setup(-space) sweeper, so make sure that the counters to your sweeper are eliminated if that is the case.

Team Options
========

Rotom-Wash(+hyphen) makes a decent teammate,(+comma) as it is able to handle Azumarill,(+comma) and Cloyster,(+comma) and Mega Diancie,(+comma) which can all give Sableye issues. Set up Setup(-space) sweepers,(+comma) such as Ursaring, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Scizor,(+comma) also make good teammates. To keep sash its Focus Sash intact, it needs to keep the field needs to be hazard-free(+hyphen),;(-comma,+semicolon) teammates such as like Mega Blastoise, Landorus-T, and Defog Gyarados work to help do this.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sableye can also run a Switcheroo Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo.,(-period,+comma) This set however although it is serves only as very a niche and is very outclassed.("Niche" isn't an adjective.) Sableye can also run Confuse Ray as an alternative to Will-O-Wisp,;(-comma,+semicolon) however,(+comma) it is outclassed by Will-O-Wisp,(+comma) as they don't hurt confusion doesn't cripple the attack Attack stat of the foe. Sucker Punch is an option to surprise and pick off weak foes,(+comma) such as Gardevoir,(+comma) and Latios,(+comma) and other foes Psychic-types with low Defense. Metal Burst is another niche gimmicky (might not be the best word) option that is possible on the sash Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy Types Fairy-types(+hyphen)**: Fairy Types Fairy-types,(+hyphen,+comma) such as Mega Diancie, Sylveon,(+comma) and Clefable,(+comma) are able to counter Sableye,(+comma) as they don't care about its Dark-type(+hyphen) STAB moves and they are able to hit back hard with their own STAB moves. Mega Diancie makes a particularly good counter,(+comma) as it is able to reflect status moves back with its own Magic Bounce of its own.

**Scrappy Foes**: Foes such as like Mega Lopunny and Stoutland are able to hit Sableye and KO it with Scrappy Fake Out + Extreme Speed alongside Scrappy. Mega Lopunny is able to OHKO Mega
Sableye which have already mega evolved with a Scrappy Fighting-type(+hyphen) Stab STAB move,(+comma) as it will outspeed.

**Opposing Prankster Foes**: Opposing Prankster users,(+comma) like such as Thundurus and Whimscott Whimsicott,(+comma) will outspeed and Taunt non mega versions of non-Mega(+hyphen) Sableye, shutting which shuts it down. Whimscott Whimsicott handles Mega Sableye as well by resisting Dark-type(+hyphen) attacks and hitting it hard with Moonblast.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Powerful Wallbreakers wallbreakers,(+comma) such as Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Charizard Y,(+comma) are strong enough to overpower Sableye.
Thanks, implemented, and sorry about all the commas and punctuation, I've always been awful at that, I'm gonna work on it for future analyses, hope it didn't drive you crazy.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so...I actually didn't have many new things to change. I'd say 90% of the edits here are reverting things from the amcheck... that isn't to say it was bad--it did fix most of the errors, which is why I didn't have to make many more new fixes, but it made a ton of unnecessary changes. However, I don't want to discourage writers from implementing amchecks, so don't read this as me saying "don't implement amchecks"--just read them carefully and if you feel weird about certain edits, don't feel obligated to change them!

I will go over the amcheck in more detail briefly.

GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Sableye's great typing leaves it with three immunities and only one weakness. Because of its Ghost typing, it serves as a great counter to all of the Fake Out + Extreme Speed users in the tier. Its amazing ability in Prankster paired with its amazing (use a different adjective) support movepool with moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, and Taunt, and more (implied by "such as") allows (this follows from "ability", which is singualr; since the rest of the stuff (movepool, moves) is connected by a "with", it doesn't factor into making it plural.) it to quickly cripple foes. Access to recovery keeps it alive for a while in battles, (AC) which allows it to support the team all throughout the battle. Because of its versatility, it is able to partner well with many Pokemon and fit well on most teams and with most playstyles. It is, however, easily beaten by Prankster Taunt and can suffer from four-moveslot syndrome.

Mega Sableye, with its ability Magic Bounce, can turn foes' status moves back at them. With the its increased in Defense and Special Defense stats after Mega Evolving, Mega Sableye has the stats and capability to set up and sweep teams. However, its below average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble it at times, which either make making it either frail, let it be easily set up on, or be outsped.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out in order to avoid taking unwanted hits, as well as having the added benefit of weakening the foe by lowering each of its their attacking stats by a stage. Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack, as well as damaging them each turn. Topsy-Turvy allows Sableye to stop setup sweepers in their tracks, as it reverses their stat changes. Foul Play is another option over Topsy-Turvy, as once Sableye has crippled physical sweepers with a burn, it can hit them hard with Foul Play if they try to boost. Recover allows Sableye to regain half of its health, which helps it stay around as long as possible. Knock Off allows Sableye to rid its foes of their items, something that can cripple many opposing strategies. Taunt is also an option that can help make Sableye a nice stallbreaker. Toxic is another option to can help break down bulky foes by dealing an increasing amount of damage each turn.

Set Details
========

Prankster allows Sableye to bypass its awful speed and increases the priority of its status moves. It allows it to Recover, fire off Will-O-Wisp, or pivot out with Parting Shot before the foe can attack. The maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense with an Impish nature paired with Will-O-Wisp allow Sableye to be as bulky as possible and take as many hits as possible. Leftovers allows Sableye to slowly regain health over the course of the battle, keeping it alive longer. 252 HP and Defense EVs along with an Impish nature, (RC) could also be run to take more physical hits. Sablenite can be used to allow Sableye to Mega Evolve, giving it enhanced more defensive stats and Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

If you use Parting Shot on a foe with Magic Bounce, such as Mega Diancie, the foe will be forced to switch out and Sableye's attacking stats will drop a stage, which then becomes a mind game with the opponent. Sableye is the slowest Prankster user in STABmons, so if the foe uses opponent runs another Prankster user, (RC) such as Thundurus or Whimsicott, they can easily shut you Sableye down with Taunt or status it you with Thunder Wave / and Spore, (AC) respectively, so it is best to switch out against them. Sableye is a check—not a counter—to most physical threats, meaning it isn't bulky enough to switch into them. It is better used to switch Sableye in after a teammate has fainted you lose a member of your team or with a clean switch due to from U-turn. From there, (AC) it can either status a threat with Will-O-Wisp or force it out. Because of the versatility of this set, it can be used throughout the entire battle. This makes it important to keep using Recover whenever you have the chance. If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% HP to you Sableye, it is helpful to use Recover to set yourself it up to better take more hits better. If Sableye Mega Evolves, it will gain Magic Bounce, which is good for reflecting Taunt and other statuses; however, you it will lose the ability to pivot out before the opponent foe attacks and instead will have to rely on a slow pivot instead.

Team Options
========

Steel-types, (RC) such as Heatran and Scizor, (RC) are great switch-ins on to Fairy-types, (RC) such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon, (RC) that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls, (RC) such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Meloetta, (RC) work well, as they appreciate opposing physical attackers being crippled by a burn. Hazard setters, (RC) such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran, (RC) pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down foes due to the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users, such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Thundurus, go great alongside Sableye, keeping up the momentum along with Parting Shot to wear down the foes over the course of the battle. Hazard removers, (RC) such as Landorus-T, Starmie, and Mega Blastoise, (RC) are good teammates for Sableye, as they keep the field clear of hazards, which is something that Sableye appreciates due to it will be switching in many times. Since Because this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, Pokemon that beat it Mega Sableye, such as Mega Diancie if you are just using non Mega Sableye, are great teammates; Mega Diancie is an option if you are not running Sablenite. (seems like a cleaner way to say that)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Mega Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack stat, giving it time to set up. Recover allows Mega Sableye to stay healthy by regaining restoring half of its health. Calm Mind boosts Mega Sableye's Special Attack and Special Defense, (AC) making in order to make it harder to KO, as well as and letting it hit hard after a few boosts. Snarl, while not hitting the foe hard, drops their its Special Attack by one stage each time it hits, making Mega Sableye extremely hard to KO when paired with Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind. It also has 24 PP, allowing it to be used many times throughout the battle. Dark Pulse is another powerful STAB option that has 24 PP and can be used if you want to inflict more damage. Night Daze is another powerful STAB option (this phrase was used in the previous sentence) a similarly strong STAB move that has a 40% chance to lower the foe's accuracy. This is good useful because once the foe has had its accuracy lowered a few times, it is either forced to either switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting. However, it only has 16 PP, which isn't the most optimal for this set. Shadow Ball is another option to chip Fairy-types, (RC) such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir, which that would otherwise wall this set.

Set Details
========

Prankster is important the turn before you Mega Evolve Sableye, as it lets Sableye either cripple a foe with a priority Will-O-Wisp or get a quick Calm Mind boost. Sablenite allows Sableye to Mega Evolve, which dramatically increases its defensive stats, as well as giving it Magic Bounce for an ability. Magic Bounce is an extremely useful ability after Mega Evolving, as it lets Sableye send status moves attacks back at the user. A Bold nature increases Sableye's Defense while lowering its Attack, making it as physically bulky as possible. The EVs in HP and Defense along with burn support allow Sableye to take on many physical hits.

Usage Tips
========

It is not necessary to Mega Evolve right away. Prankster is a great ability before Mega Evolving and has some advantages over Magic Bounce, such as getting off a quick burn with Will-O-Wisp to cripple a physical attacker or getting in a quick Calm Mind to be able to take an extra hit. (there was a sentence here about only Mega Evolving when it makes sense to. if you can expand on that feel free to put it back here) Don't stay in on Fairy-types like Clefable or and Sylveon, as they don't care about Dark-type moves and they are able to hit hard with their own STAB moves. This set works best late-game once all of its checks and counters, such as Fairy- and Dark-types, have been removed. With Will-O-Wisp, this set serves as a great check to many physical threats in the game; however, because of its low Speed, make sure that you are (Mega?) Sableye is able to take two hits from whatever you are it is facing, as you it will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Afterwards, you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents it Mega Sableye from being phazed out with Roar/ or Whirlwind. Beware, however, of opposing Sableye, as your Sableye can be phazed out by Parting Shot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types, (RC) such as Scizor and Heatran, (RC) work well with Mega Sableye, as they are able to switch into and eliminate Fairy-types that Mega Sableye can't handle doesn't like. Fighting- and Fairy-types, (RC) such as Terrakion and Sylveon and Terrakion, also work well, as they can take out Dark-types that stand in the way of a Mega Sableye sweep. Hazard setters, (RC) such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Heatran, (RC) can set hazards in order to wear down foes over the length of the battle, something that Mega Sableye appreciates. Teammates that can switch into powerful wallbreakers like Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo, such as Latios, Porygon2, Chansey, and Jirachi, (these four are "teammates that can switch into powerful wallbreakers", not "powerful wallbreakers", right?) in order to handle Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo make for good teammates as well, also as Mega Sableye would struggle with them otherwise.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to check physical attackers, (AC) and cutting their Attack in half. Destiny Bond allows Sableye to take a foe with it if it is KOed, which works great alongside Prankster. Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by two stages each, but at the expense of your Sableye itself, which gives a teammate an easy setup opportunity. Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out with priority and drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. Knock Off is used to rids foes of their items while also hitting with STAB. Foul Play is used to hits foes that have boosted their offenses hard. Taunt is another option that works well with Destiny Bond, as it forces a foe to use an attack, which will that would activate Destiny Bond if it KOes. Topsy-Turvy is another option that can be used to reverse the stats of setup sweepers and then allow Sableye to pivot into a setup sweeper to take advantage of a weakened foe.

Set Details
========

Prankster increases the priority of status moves, which is extremely important with this set, as it allows it Sableye to take down a foe with Destiny Bond. The 72 Attack EVs allow Sableye to OHKO Espeon with Knock Off. The rest of the EVs go to HP and Defense to make Sableye as bulky as possible. Focus Sash is used so Sableye can be a last-resort check to many setup sweepers on opposing teams, allowing it to switch into them once and then take them down with Destiny Bond the following turn.

Usage Tips
========

This set works at any point in the game because of its versatility, although it cannot switch into foes with either multi-hit or priority moves, such as Azumarill, Cloyster, and Stoutland. This Sableye can also be used to build momentum on a VoltTurn team by using Parting Shot to switch to a teammate with a better matchup. If you are running Memento, this set works really well when paired with a setup sweeper, so; (ASC) in that case, make sure that the counters to your sweeper are eliminated before using the move.

Team Options
========

Rotom-W makes for a decent teammate, as it is able to handle Azumarill, Cloyster, and Mega Diancie, which can all give Sableye issues. Setup sweepers, (RC) such as Ursaring, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Scizor, (RC) also make for good teammates. To keep its Sableye's Focus Sash intact, the field needs to be hazard free; teammates like Mega Blastoise, Landorus-T, and Defog Gyarados help do this.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sableye can also run a Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo, although this is very it serves only as a niche (niche can indeed be an adjective) and is very outclassed. Sableye can also run Confuse Ray as an alternative to Will-O-Wisp; however, it is outclassed by Will-O-Wisp, as confusion doesn't cripple the Attack stat of the foe. Sucker Punch is an option to surprise and pick off weak foes, (RC) such as Gardevoir, Latios, and other Psychic-types with low Defense. Metal Burst is another gimmicky niche option that is possible on the Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types, (RC) such as Mega Diancie, Sylveon, and Clefable, (RC) are able to counter Sableye, as they don't care about its Dark-type STAB moves and are able to hit back hard with their own STAB moves. Mega Diancie makes for a particularly good counter, as it is able to reflect status moves back with its own Magic Bounce.

**Scrappy Foes**: Foes like Mega Lopunny and Stoutland are able to hit Sableye and KO it with Fake Out + Extreme Speed thanks to alongside Scrappy. Mega Lopunny is also able to OHKO Mega
Sableye with a Fighting-type STAB move, as it will outspeed. (were you trying to emphasize that Sableye doesn't have Prankster in this scenario? otherwise it seems pretty obvious that Lopunny outspeed Sableye)

**Opposing Prankster Foes**: Opposing Prankster users, such as like Thundurus and Whimsicott, (RC) will outspeed and Taunt non-Mega Sableye, which shuts shutting it down. Whimsicott handles Mega Sableye as well by resisting Dark-type attacks and hitting it hard with Moonblast.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Powerful wallbreakers, (RC) such as Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Charizard Y, (RC) are strong enough to overpower Sableye.

notes
[OVERVIEW]

this was a great start!
- I wouldn't have added the with in with most playstyles, but that's not a huuuuge deal (but don't do it)
- as I said in my check above, you don't need the and more in things such as x, y, z, and more, cause that's implied by such as. same goes for including but not limited to--well duh, that's what including means.

- make sure to catch repetition like the double amazing in sentence three
- lowercase Taunt in the last sentence, but I'm pretty sure you know that!

the important thing here is that allows --> allow change you made. that verb is still following from just its amazing ability in Prankster. the stuff afterwards was attached with a with, so it doesn't make it plural. another example: A Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs lets it outspeed Feraligatr.

However,(+comma) its
Below below
average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble it at times,(+comma) which either making make it frail, or letting it be set up on, or be outsped.

two things here. for one, changing give it trouble at times to trouble it at times was completely unnecessary. there's nothing wrong with the original. keep this in mind: don't change things to match the way you prefer it to be written. keep things as true to the original as possible.

the second thing is parallelism. the format is either x or y, and x and y have to be parallel. look at the following examples:

He will either watch a movie or visit his friend tonight.

locate the either and or and determine what x and y are.
x = watch a movie
y = visit his friend
see how they're parallel? here's another way we could write it:

He either will watch a movie or will visit his friend tonight.
x = will watch a movie
y = will visit his friend

here's what doesn't work:

He either will watch a movie or visit his friend tonight.
x = will watch a movie
y = visit his friend

not parallel!

here's another test that works if this is unclear. you should be able to separate either / or sentence into two separate sentences.

He will either watch a movie or visit his friend tonight.
1: He will watch a movie tonight.
2: He will visit his friend tonight.

this works. this doesn't:

He either will watch a movie or visit his friend tonight.
1: He will watch a movie tonight.
2: He visit his friend tonight.

unsurprisingly, this also applies to neither x nor y and not only x but also y and both x and y.
parallelism is one of the most important things to know as a GPer!

knowing this, re-evaluate the excerpt from the OP.

so if the foe uses another prankster Prankster user,(+comma) such as Thundurus or Whimscott Whimsicott,(+comma) they can easily shut you down with taunt Taunt or status you with Thunder Wave / Spore respectively

ah yes, this is the main thing I had to revert... you seem to think that lists always need to be separated by commas. aka that colors such as red, blue, and green, are pretty common always needs to be colors, such as red, blue, and green, are pretty common. they don't, and adding the commas actually changes the meaning of the sentence. i believe GrammarGirl has a good article on nonrestrictive and restrictive clauses, so take a look at that--it'll also help you with that vs which.

If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% (50% of what? Specify damage or HP.) to you, (+comma) many times it is good helpful to use recover Recover to set yourself up to better take more hits better. If you Sableye (You, as the battler, are not Mega Evolving; your Pokemon is.) Mega evolve Evolves, you it will gain Magic Bounce,(+comma) which is good for reflecting Taunt and other statuses,;(-comma,+semicolon) however, you will lose the ability to pivot out before the opponent attacks,(-comma) instead you and will rely on a slow pivot instead.

just 50% is fine, it could really only be referring to one thing anyways.
you're right that Sableye is the one Mega Evolving, but you left that kind of error in many other parts of the analysis. take a look at that first sentence--if you are sure the foe will do less than 50% to you. well, you aren't the one taking damage either, that's still Sableye.
finally, you didn't have to move instead to the end; that could've stayed where it was. again, avoid unnecessary changes.

Steel-types,(+comma) such as Heatran and Scizor,(+comma) are great switch-ins(+hyphen) on Fairy-types,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon,(+comma) that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls,(+comma) such as Chansey,(+comma) Poryon2 Porygon2, and Meloetta,(+comma) work well,(+comma) as they appreciate opposing physical attackers crippled with by a Will-O-Wisp induced burn. Hazard setters,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran,(+comma) pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down the opponent foes due to all the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users,(+comma) such as Rotom-Wash(+hyphen), Landorus-T, and Thundurus,(+comma) go great alongside with Sableye,(+comma) keeping up the momentum with Parting Shot to wear down the foe down over the course of the battle. Hazard removers,(+comma) such as Landorus-T, Starmie,(+comma) and Mega Blastoise,(+comma) are good teammates for Sableye,(+comma) as they keep the field clear of hazards,(+comma) which is something that Sableye appreciates due to switching in many times. Since this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, things (Things isn't really the best word to describe Pokemon...) that beat Mega Sableye,(+comma) such as Mega Diancie,(+comma) are great teammates.(This seems a little off, as you can't have Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie at the same time, but I suppose you just could have regular Sableye.)

yeah the commas here...

This is good because once the foe has its accuracy lowered a few times,(+comma) it is either forced to switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting.

hey, try the either / or test here too.

A Bold bold Nature nature increases Sableye's Defense stat while lowering attack Attack, making Sableye it as physically bulky as possible.

Bold is capitalized.

However however,(+comma) because of its low speed Speed,(+comma) make sure that you are able to take 2 two hits from whatever you are facing,(+comma) as you will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Then Afterwards,(+comma) you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents it from being phazed out with Roar/Whirlwind.

again, you're not the one taking hits. I do want to say that you can start setting up Calm Mind is fine, though--I consider clicking Calm Mind = setting up Calm Mind. Sableye also works there, too. things like taking damage, getting hit with a burn, fainting, etc, those are only things that apply to Sableye, but stuff like using a move (you do click the move), switching out (you do click switch), avoid certain Pokemon, that is stuff that you can also do, so it's fine there. does that make sense?

phaze out is redundant; just phaze is fine.

try to avoid slashes if you can, they're ugly. usually they can be replaced easily by an "or".

Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by 2 two stages each,(+comma) while coming but at the expense of costing your Sableye, which gives allowing a teammate an easy set up setup(-space) opportunity.

interestingly, your changes here do something a bit funny. after implementing your edits it says basically Memento drops the foe's offenses by two stages, but at the expense of your Sableye, which gives a teammate an easy setup opportunity. more or less okay grammatically, but now that you've added that but, it becomes sort of the focus. that's trouble when you get to the next part, which cares more about the fact that you've dropped the foe's offenses than that you've lost Sableye. not too sure how to explain this but i guess what i'm trying to say is that now that you've emphasized the losing Sableye part, it seems like that's what the which in which gives a teammate an easy setup opportunity is pointing to.

This Sableye set works at any point in the game because of its versatility,(+comma) although It it cannot switch into things foes with either multi-hit(+hyphen) or priority moves

try out the parallelism test here :)

To keep sash its Focus Sash intact, it needs to keep the field needs to be hazard-free(+hyphen),;(-comma,+semicolon)

you actually created an error here. dangling modifiers!

Sableye can also run a Switcheroo Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo.,(-period,+comma) This set however although it is serves only as very a niche and is very outclassed.("Niche" isn't an adjective.)

actually, it is.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Sableye's great Dark / Ghost typing leaves it with three immunities and only one weakness, (comma) Because of its Ghost typing, it serves notably letting it serve as a great counter to all of the Fake Out + Extreme Speed users in the tier. Its amazing ability in Prankster paired with its expansive support movepool with moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, and Taunt allows it to quickly cripple foes. Access to recovery keeps it alive for a while, which allows it to support the team throughout the battle. Because of its versatility, it is able to partner well with many Pokemon and fit well on most teams and most playstyles. It is, however, easily beaten by Prankster Taunt and can suffer from four-moveslot syndrome.

Mega Sableye, with its ability Magic Bounce, can turn foes' status moves back at them. With its increased Defense and Special Defense stats, Mega Sableye has the capability to set up and sweep teams. However, its below average HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats give it trouble at times, making it either frail, easily set up on, or outsped.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out to avoid taking unwanted hits, as well as having the added benefit of weakening the foe by lowering each of its attacking stats by a stage. Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack, as well as damaging them each turn. Topsy-Turvy allows Sableye to stop setup sweepers in their tracks, as it reverses their stat changes. Foul Play is another option over Topsy-Turvy, as once Sableye has crippled physical sweepers with a burn, it can hit them hard with Foul Play if they try to boost. Recover allows Sableye to regain half of its health, which helps it stay around as long as possible. Knock Off allows Sableye to rid its foes of their items, something that can cripple many opposing strategies. Taunt is also an option that can help make Sableye a nice stallbreaker. Toxic can help break down bulky foes by dealing an increasing amount of damage each turn.

Set Details
========

Prankster allows Sableye to bypass its awful Speed and increases the priority of its status moves, (comma) It allows it to letting it Recover, fire off Will-O-Wisp, or pivot out with Parting Shot before the foe can attack. The maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense with an Impish nature paired with Will-O-Wisp allow Sableye to be as bulky as possible and take as many hits as possible. Leftovers allows Sableye to slowly regain health over the course of the battle, keeping it alive longer. 252 HP and Defense EVs along with an Impish nature could also be run to take more physical hits. Sablenite can be used to allow Sableye to Mega Evolve, giving it enhanced defensive stats and Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

If you use Parting Shot on a foe with Magic Bounce, such as Mega Diancie, the foe will be forced to switch out and Sableye's attacking stats will drop a stage, which then becomes a mind game with the opponent. Sableye is the slowest Prankster user in STABmons, so if the opponent runs another Prankster user such as Thundurus or Whimsicott, they can easily shut Sableye down with Taunt or status it with Thunder Wave and Spore, respectively, so it is best to switch out against them. Sableye is a check—not a counter—to most physical threats, meaning it isn't bulky enough to switch into them. It is better to switch Sableye in after a teammate has fainted or with a clean switch from U-turn. From there, it can either status a threat with Will-O-Wisp or force it out. Because of the versatility of this set, it can be used throughout the entire battle. This makes it important to keep using Recover whenever you have the chance. If you are sure the foe will do less than 50% to Sableye, it is helpful to use Recover to set it up to better take more hits. If Sableye Mega Evolves, it will gain Magic Bounce, which is good for reflecting Taunt and other status moves; however, it will lose the ability to pivot out before the foe attacks and instead will have to rely on a slow pivot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Heatran and Scizor are great switch-ins to Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie and Sylveon that would otherwise beat Sableye. Special walls such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Meloetta work well, as they appreciate opposing physical attackers being crippled by a burn. Entry hazard setters such as Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Heatran pair well with Sableye because the hazards help to wear down foes due to the switches that Sableye forces. VoltTurn users, such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Thundurus, go great alongside Sableye, keeping up the momentum along with Parting Shot to wear down the foes over the course of the battle. Hazard removers such as Landorus-T, Starmie, and Mega Blastoise are good teammates for Sableye, as it will be switching in many times. Because this set is countered by opposing Mega Sableye, Pokemon that beat it are great teammates; Mega Diancie is an option if you are not running Sablenite.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Mega Sableye to cripple physical attackers by halving their Attack stat, giving it time to set up. Recover allows Mega Sableye to stay healthy by restoring half of its health. Calm Mind boosts Mega Sableye's Special Attack and Special Defense, making it harder to KO and letting it hit hard after a few boosts. Snarl, while not hitting the foe hard, drops its Special Attack by one stage each time it hits, making Mega Sableye extremely hard to KO when paired with Will-O-Wisp and Calm Mind. It also has 24 PP, allowing it to be used many times throughout the battle. Dark Pulse is a powerful STAB option that has 24 PP and can be used if you want to inflict more damage. Night Daze is a similarly strong STAB move that has a 40% chance to lower the foe's accuracy. This is useful because once the foe has had its accuracy lowered a few times, it is forced to either switch out or rely on inaccurate attacks hitting. However, it only has 16 PP, which isn't the optimal for this set. Shadow Ball is another option to chip Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir, which would otherwise wall this set.

Set Details
========

Prankster is important the turn before you Mega Evolve Sableye, as it lets Sableye either cripple a foe with a priority Will-O-Wisp or get a quick Calm Mind boost. Sablenite allows Sableye to Mega Evolve, which dramatically increases its defensive stats, as well as giving it Magic Bounce for an ability. Magic Bounce is an extremely useful ability after Mega Evolving, as it lets Sableye send status moves back at the user. A Bold nature increases Sableye's Defense while lowering its Attack, making it as physically bulky as possible. The EVs in HP and Defense along with burn support allow Sableye to take on many physical hits.

Usage Tips
========

It is not necessary to Mega Evolve right away. Prankster is a great ability before Mega Evolving and has some advantages over Magic Bounce, such as getting off a quick burn with Will-O-Wisp to cripple a physical attacker or getting in a quick Calm Mind to be able to take an extra hit. Don't stay in on Fairy-types like Clefable and Sylveon, as they don't care about Dark-type moves and are able to hit hard with their own STAB moves. This set works best late-game once all of its checks and counters, such as Fairy- and Dark-types, have been removed. With Will-O-Wisp, this set serves as a great check to many physical threats in the game; however, because of its low Speed, make sure that Mega Sableye is able to take two hits from whatever it is facing, as it will need one turn to use Will-O-Wisp and another to Recover the damage. Afterwards, you can start setting up Calm Mind and prepare for a sweep. Reflecting status moves with Magic Bounce is helpful because it prevents Mega Sableye from being phazed with Roar or Whirlwind. Beware, however, of opposing Sableye, as your Sableye can be phazed by Parting Shot.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Scizor and Heatran work well with Mega Sableye, as they are able to switch into and eliminate Fairy-types that Mega Sableye doesn't like. Fighting- and Fairy-types such as Terrakion and Sylveon also work well, as they can take out Dark-types that stand in the way of a Mega Sableye sweep. Entry hazard setters such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Heatran can wear down foes over the length of the battle, something that Mega Sableye appreciates. Teammates that can switch into powerful wallbreakers like Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo, such as Latios, Porygon2, Chansey, and Jirachi, make for good teammates as well, as Mega Sableye would struggle with them otherwise.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Will-O-Wisp allows Sableye to check physical attackers, cutting their Attack in half. Destiny Bond allows Sableye to take a foe with it if it is KOed, which works great alongside Prankster. Memento is another option that can be used to drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by two stages each at the expense of Sableye itself, which gives a teammate an easy setup opportunity. Parting Shot allows Sableye to switch out with priority and drop the foe's Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. Knock Off rids foes of their items while also hitting with STAB. Foul Play hits foes that have boosted their offenses (just "Attack" I reckon) hard. Taunt is another option that works well with Destiny Bond, as it forces a foe to use an attack, which will activate Destiny Bond if it KOes. Topsy-Turvy is another option that can be used to reverse the stats of setup sweepers and then allow Sableye to pivot into a setup sweeper to take advantage of a weakened foe.

Set Details
========

Prankster increases the priority of status moves, which is extremely important with this set, as it allows Sableye to take down a foe with Destiny Bond. The 72 Attack EVs allow Sableye to OHKO Espeon with Knock Off. The rest of the EVs go to HP and Defense to make Sableye as bulky as possible. Focus Sash is used so Sableye can be a last-resort check to many setup sweepers on opposing teams, allowing it to switch into them once and then take them down with Destiny Bond the following turn.

Usage Tips
========

This set works at any point in the game because of its versatility, although it cannot switch into foes with either multi-hit or priority moves, such as Azumarill, Cloyster, and Stoutland. Sableye can also be used to build momentum on a VoltTurn team by using Parting Shot to switch to a teammate with a better matchup. If you are running Memento, this set works really well when paired with a setup sweeper; in that case, make sure that the counters to your sweeper are eliminated before using the move.

Team Options
========

Rotom-W makes for a decent teammate, as it is able to handle Azumarill, Cloyster, and Mega Diancie, which can all give Sableye issues. Setup sweepers such as Ursaring, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Scizor also make for good teammates. To keep Sableye's Focus Sash intact, the field needs to be entry hazard free; teammates like Mega Blastoise, Landorus-T, and Defog Gyarados help do this.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sableye can also run use (repetition) a Choice Scarf set with Switcheroo, although this is very niche and outclassed. Sableye can also run Confuse Ray as an alternative to Will-O-Wisp; however, it is outclassed by Will-O-Wisp, as confusion doesn't cripple the Attack stat of the foe. Sucker Punch is an option to surprise and pick off weak foes such as Gardevoir, Latios, and other Psychic-types with low Defense. Metal Burst is another niche option that is possible on the Focus Sash set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie, Sylveon, and Clefable are able to counter Sableye, as they don't care about its Dark-type STAB moves and are able to hit back hard with their own STAB moves. Mega Diancie makes for a particularly good counter, as it is able to reflect status moves back with its own Magic Bounce.

**Scrappy Foes**: Foes like Mega Lopunny and Stoutland are able to hit Sableye and KO it with Fake Out + Extreme Speed thanks to Scrappy. Mega Lopunny is also able to OHKO Mega Sableye with a Fighting-type STAB move.

**Opposing Prankster Foes**: Opposing Prankster users like Thundurus and Whimsicott will outspeed and Taunt non-Mega Sableye, shutting it down. Whimsicott handles Mega Sableye as well by resisting Dark-type attacks and hitting it hard with Moonblast.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Powerful wallbreakers such as Keldeo, Thundurus, and Mega Charizard Y are strong enough to overpower Sableye.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)