Stall in BW UU

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Temporary placeholder

Two defensive behemoths stuck out the second the UU List came out: Chansey and Deoxys-Defense. Both are capable of sponging many hits. Chansey with its massive 250 HP and 105 Special Defense in conjunction with Evolution Stone lets it take strong attacks from the Specially Offensive Spectrum and still take moderately powerful Physical Attacks. Deoxys-Defense has 50/160/160 Defenses and provides great Utility as a Spiker and Taunter. Both have reliable moves of recover in the forms of Softboiled/Wish and Recover, respectively. However, that's not all that UU has given us.

UU also has its supporters. It has a decent amount of viable spinblockers, such as Spiritomb, Dusclops/Dusknoir and Froslass to check other Rapid Spinners, such as Claydol and Hitmontop. Drapion, Zapdos, Suicune, and Celebi can all be phazers, and the return of many Gen IV UU behemoths are here to make a stand such as Milotic, Venusaur, and Weezing.

What else does UU have to offer for stall in this offensive meta of hard-hitters? What changes do you believe players will have to make to adapt to UU threats?

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chansey, Deo-D and Dusclops are the biggest stall machines. I assume Hippopotas would be nice, and something like say Stoutland would be obligatory due to every stall team NEEDing to pack some sort of offense to succeed.

Wait what. the. fuck. Chansey UU? Was sure it had enough usage to join Bliss in OU.

That thing will be the first to go to BL, there is no way in hell UU can be even remotely fun as long as that titanic behemoth sticks around. It'll be that or everyone running a Esacavalier or Heracross on their teams I think. Not as bothered about Deoxys-D however, hes has issues such as being stopped cold by Xatu and also quite easily picked off by the aforementioned two bugs.

Stall has definitely gained some cool pokes, but with some enemies as well like Taunt WoW Mew, SD Hera, and Sigilyph probably will give Stall some trouble.

There are a lot more good stallers in UU. Suicune, Cresselia, the pixies (except Jirachi), Zapdos, Espeon, Abomasnow, and Kyurem are all UU. (Kyurem actually has 125/90/90 defensive stats and likes to be with Abomasnow.)

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Stall is going to have a rough time this time around, with offensive behemoths like Victini and (lol?)Heracross roaming about. Also, don't forget about Slowbro!

Edit: errr, Slowbro as part of a stall team, that is.

Mew with taunt will be a massive obstacle for stall to overcome, especially if it's a BP set. You'd be forced to switch in your offensive poke to beat this sort of thing. I also think spiritomb will be seeing massive usage on stall teams, acting as a spin blocker, and a wonderful counter to Sigalyph.

How exactly is Spiritomb a counter to Sigiglyph? Sure he sponges that Stored Power but doesn't do much back either but any dark type and any dark type can do that, Spiritomb also ends up just getting burned in the proces unless its a RestTalk variation which is kinda a liability this gen.

How exactly is Spiritomb a counter to Sigiglyph? Sure he sponges that Stored Power but doesn't do much back either but any dark type and any dark type can do that, Spiritomb also ends up just getting burned in the proces unless its a RestTalk variation which is kinda a liability this gen.
Pain Split version can also win against Sigilyph.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
It is a real shame that Porygon2 isn't here. :(

Oh well. I can't wait to try out Unaware Quagsire. There are a lot of scary offensive threats that stall teams will have to face, and Quagsire's awesome ability might be able to help out stall teams take on stat boosters.

Chansey wil stall the moon and back, gonna have an awesome time abusing her, she and dusclops are damn hard to take down without trick/knock off, Vctii is not that good and is easily stopped by slowbro (you swich to something to take the electric hit and he's already slow and week)

PS: try to take down wish/protect eviolite chansey, she just doesn't die

Currently, there are so many overpowered and arguably broken Pokemon in UU that I'm skeptical that stall will be an effective strategy until UU becomes more balanced. I say we give it a month or so, and stall should find a nice niche.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yes, but a lot of those pokemon are pretty defensive. Chansey is a pretty full stop to Kyurem, Slowbro stops Victini, and Drought is beatable with strong priority moves.

I think that everything has already been said that needed to be, but i have two things:
1. How popular will Prankster Sableye be when/if it gets released?
2. Venusaur is OU now if i recall correctly

Chansey and Deoxys D seem to be the main faces of UU stall right about now. Though, both fear something from both Kyurem and Victini: Outrage and V-create respectively. Combine that with a bunch of new antistall pokes, ad its a pretty mixed bag.

It is still beyond me how Chansey is UU and Blissey is OU.

Well yeah I've seen many stall teams but they're not exceptionally effective thanks to a billion different unnoticed threats that are running around.

Sand makes blissey a better wall since leftover helps her not to be affected by weather, and she has a better special attack, and the sheer power is higher

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've started to see a few SubRoost Zapdos and CroCune here and there, which are incredibly annoying to take down if my pHazer is gone.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Sand makes blissey a better wall since leftover helps her not to be affected by weather, and she has a better special attack, and the sheer power is higher
Blissey isn't UU

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the post you were replying to and I thought you meant UU Sandstorm.

Chansey is defensively powerful, but it's massive Taunt bait. Watch someone Taunt Chansey, switch out into Wobbuffet, and S-Toss itself to death. Deoxys-D really doesn't belong down in UU. It can stall everybody to death and can even attempt to use sets like Charge Beam or CM and become a dangerous offensive threat with its wide movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)