Stall Team

Hey, it's pikmin! I love un-orthodox teams, pokémon, moves, and ev spreads. I used to focus on trick room, but now I"ll try a bit of hail.

oh yeah, and everyone on hear is blue, except arcanine, which is awesome!

I know I have a big rock weakness, but I can't think of anything that horrible about that, I can't think of a rock type. But stealth rock kills my team, so I think cloyster should help with rapid spin.

Everyone on my team has leftovers.

Snover, (female)

calm
248 hp 88 speed 172 sp. d.

~blizzard
~leech seed
~protect
~toxic

Auto hail is nice, blizzard hurts the nidos and flying leads, and those resistant to leech seed. Basically it stalls a lot. I usually switch after a turn. Not really much to say, hail teams are locked into one lead. I although snover can't take hits very well, he can get annoying for opponents, and when you switch in to restore hail if it gets negated, you can protect to annoy and wear down opponents and then switch again.

Cloyster

impish
skill link
252 hp 252 special defense 4 defense

~spikes
~toxic spikes
~rapid spin
~rock blast

My rapid spiniker. It tries to get spikes plus spin away rocks, and tries to hit Arcticuno with rock blast. It can ko all forms of articuno with luck, and gets at least 90% of it's hp at the least. Use rapid spin to finish it off it it survives. Cloyster has awesome defense, so I boosted special defense some.

Walrein

bold
ice body
220 hp 240 defense 48 speed

~protect
~substitute
~super fang
~brine

A great staller. Super fang + brine gets tons of damage. Protect + substitute really lets you recover hp. Walrein has a lot of trouble with other ice types and people who can recover, but still, it's very valuable to my team. Even if the opponent has leftovers, the hail should make them still take double from brine after super fang. After protect, super fang, and then protect again, if your opponent isn't ice and doesn't have lefties, they are down to 40.625, making brine really only have to inflict 34.375% of the opponent's hp, since hail will damage again. If you protect again after that, brine only has to do 28.125%! Throw a couple subs in between those and you will only have to deal 15.625%, which is really easy to deal, with it's almost 200 base power.

Spiritomb

calm
252 hp 252 defense 4 sp. attack

~calm mind
~dark pulse
~rest
~sleep talk

This spiritomb can really take hits. It attemps to get calm mind up. Who needs crocune when you can use crotomb? Also, very valuable to my team as a spin-blocker. Cloyster works very hard to get up all those spikes! I'd use shadow ball, but normals would scare me, as spiritomb already is already my normal type counter.

impish
intimidate
252 hp 252 defense 4 speed

~flare blitz
~roar
~rest
~sleep talk

This guy is my attempt at handling my grass weakness, and just roaring around. When this thing gets wore down from flare blitz recoil and physical attacks it handles so well, it can use rest and recover to full hp. It then can randomly attack or use roar. If arcanine outspeeds the opponent, and is asleep and uses roar via sleep talk, it will go first and not give the opponent the chance to attack, making it able to go first and phaze!

calm
volt absorb
252 hp 46 defense 140 sp. attack 70 special defense

~thunderbolt
~blizzard
~rest
~sleep talk

This a set I made designed for this team myself. It can't use a water attack, but the fact it's water type would scare off rocks, if I ever saw one. This gal uses boltbeam to get un-resisted damage almost, and uses one randomly while asleep. It can stall really well and does some pretty good damage too.

please rate out of 100

what do you think I should change in this team? I'd like to stick to blue pokémon if possible.

A Kabutops lead would probably run through 2/3 of your team (lanturn and spiritomb would hold their own) and omastar wouldn't be that kind to you either, so I suggest maybe throwing EQ onto your walrein, and that would also allow some protection against fire types that would literally melt your team.

I don't see the reasoning behind Arcanine and Spiritomb on this stall/hail team. They don't seem to be abusing hail nor checking any threats dangerous to a hail team. But then again, I don't play UU..... What's your team's purpose BTW? By the looks of it, it is more of a clash between balanced/semi-hail team rather than a stall team. Each of your Pokemon can stall 1v1 against others, but they have little synergy within the team itself. A lot of the Pokemon just seem like they were slapped on the team only based on their stalling capabilities.

And it moght help UU-wise raters if you included your team's items. Just pointing that out.

everyone on my team has lefites
earthquake on walrein??? WHAT?!??!
that wouldn't deal hardly any damage. It would do about half as much as brine. It it's really an issue, I could add energy ball to snover. oh yeah my team's purpose is being blue :-) but really it's supposed to wear people down with the hail + entry hazards.

Note to smogon admins: Walrein's page talks about working w/ abamasnow, I think it should be changed to snover with obama's ban from uu

Arcanine is good for this team. I would say don't change a thing about that. However, just be aware of the Kabutops and Physical Blaziken. I'd add something like Steelix instead of Spiritomb.

anything with stone edge rhyperior/kabutops being the main 2 have no effort in 6-0ing this team along with moltres meaning you have no real cheaks to 2 of the major threats in UU

Hello

Being a big fan of Hail teams I think I can help.

Your team is very weak to Rock type attacks. Therefor I suggest Hariyama in place of Arcanine (Hariyama has Thick Fat so it can absorb Fire attacks as well), the Rest Talk set with Force Palm/ Rest/ Whirlwind/ Sleep Talk would work just fine. Impish nature and an EV spread of 80 HP/ 172 Atk/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe. This set will also give you a phazer to abuse your entry hazzards.

I would'nt lead with Snover to be honest. Lead with Cloyster so you can lure out any counter your opponent has for Water and Ice types. I would also like to give it Ice Shard as a move instead of Toxic Spikes for revenge kill purpose. With all the Poison types in UU, Toxic Spikes isn't a really good idea. Cloyster also makes a good anti-lead with an Adamant nature and an EV spread of 160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 96 SDef, holding a Life Orb, with the moves you had but with Ice Shard > Toxic Spikes.

On Snover I suggest Substitute instead of Protect so you can execute the SubSeed strategy. Bring Snover in against something that will switch out so you can get an easy Substitute up. This way you are protected from status and if your opponent brings in a Grass type you can use Blizzard.

With all those entry hazards on the field, Super Fang will hardly be worth it. I suggest you'd use Blizzard instead so you can hit opposing Grass types harder.

Also, you might want to give Spiritomb a Bold nature since you have invested a lot in Defense already so Bold will give him that extra push.

Your team would love to have Stealth Rock and a counter to Steel types and to rare sandstorm teams. Therefore I suggest Gliglar instead of Lanturn. Gliglar can also take to Electric type attacks but it isn't weak to Grass. It is also your secundary pokemon to take Fighting types moves and it can also shrug of Rock attack. The simple bulky set would do just fine. An EV spread of 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe with an Impish nature with the moves Earthquake/ Stealth Rocks/ Roost/ Aerial Ace is what I would use.

Hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)