Stealth Rock Lead?

Hi Smogon forums! This is my first post! I have been experimenting with different sets on my Pokemon while playing Pokemon Showdown, and have been interested in getting much better at the metagame. The team I have ended up with is mostly offensive, as I have not been able to tank well. So far, the team is doing suprisingly well in OU, though I do have some weaknesses (Earthquake, namely). The team I have so far is:​

Calimari (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Taunt
- Fire Punch

I use one of the traditional Deoxys-Speed sets. It ends up usually being a suicidal lead, but the stealth rocks are always set. Also, if the opponent sends out a Pokemon that has the same role, I have to use guess work to see if I should magic coat or taunt. The focus sash prevents my Deoxys - S from being wiped out in one blow, so it always gets at least one move in.

Licky Lick (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

I use Greninja as my coverage sweeper. With Protean, I attempt to catch teams off guard with its moveset. Hidden power fire has really toppled some unexpecting teams that send out grass types to combat Greninja. Also, it is able to outspeed a lot of opposing Pokemon.

MasterSword (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Serious Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

My Aegislash is serving as a bulky sword dancer. Whenever someone pulls out a special wall on me, I switch to Aegislash and power through. When it is Chansey / Blissey, usually the move they have is seismic toss, which Aegislash is immune to. Also, Aegislash is immune to toxic, which makes it an effective counter to Chansey / Blissey. Shadow Sneak is amazing, and serves to get in a punch before someone baton passes or roars.

hellothisisdragon (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

I decided to throw in Charizard as my mega, with Charizardite X. The sheer power of Charizard can usually power through almost anything. However, Earthquake still hits him hard, and stealth rocks get him when he switches in. If I get walled, Dragon Dance can allow me to sweep whole teams. I'm specifically weak to the antics of Azumarill (perfect type counter too!).

LaundryMachine (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 60 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

One of the classic sets on Rotom-Wash. Pretty much everyone on OU has Rotom-W on their team. This serves as my only good counter to water typed Pokemon, and Pain Split can make people switch out their tanks. Will-O-Wisp lets me burn annoying Pokemon so the opposing team has to waste a turn on Aromatherapy. Volt Switch allows me to switch into a Pokemon that'll counter the opposition more effectively.

HelloJello (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Transform
-
-
-

I had a blank sixth slot on my team, and didn't really know whom to add. I tried a sword dancing Talonflame, but I got countered by the many Pokemon with rock moves. Also, stealth rock really got it. Instead, I decided to put Imposter Ditto on as a pure revenge killer. Unfortunately, as ditto does not copy HP, I wouldn't be able to copy walls; instead, I copy high stat megas after they kill one of my Pokemon.

So there's my team! While I have been doing decently in OU, I have decided that there isn't much synergy within the team, as each Pokemon just feels like their own attacker. I feel that there needs to be more connection between them. Thanks for the help in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)