XY Doubles Stepping on Shadows

Author's Note
Hey everyone, welcome to my third Doubles RMT! After the critical acclaim and success of Hail Buddies, I couldn't wait to put out another team for you guys. I knew that a third RMT would be coming as soon as I had finished with the second, but I wanted to make sure first and foremost that the team was good, but also that it was a new team. Of course all RMT's are technically "new teams" but many follow the same strategies and use the same 6 Pokemon everyone is used to, all using 6 sets and 6 EV spreads that we are equally used to, and this does nothing to increase the diversity and creativity of the game. How often have you seen "My Doubles Rain Team" or "Isn't Tailwind Swell"? This certainly isn't a bad thing - a good team is a good team - but I wouldn't be adding anything benefical to you or the game if I submitted the 18th Tailwind team with Mega Kangaskhan.
While this team does have some common ground with other teams (pun intended, as I'm using Scarf Landorus-T), I have tried (and in my humble opinion succeeded) to make a team that performs differently than any other RMT and plays just as well as the best of them. Many reasons for choices that I consider standard (like why I am using Protect on Mawile for example) I have decided to not waste my time explaining, because you probably already know all about why I have Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt on Rotom-Wash. If this is your first ever time seeing a Doubles team, then this is probably not the RMT for you.
Named for the factor that ties the team together, I present for your consideration Stepping on Shadows

"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man.
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.
It is the middle ground between light and shadow,
between science and superstition."
-Rod Serling

Introduction
The concept for Stepping on Shadows came from the Multi-battle video from PokeaimMD in which he and PK battle Mizuhime and Edgar, and the latter duo lead Trick Room Gothitelle and Mega Mawile, I was instantly hooked. Creating a solid semi-trick room team appealed to me because of an increased frequency of Tailwind teams, and because I had never made a great Semi-Trick room team before because I had no idea what to use or where to start up until then (Cresselia isn't a good metacall at the moment, and is overwhelmingly the most common TR setter used on past successful semi-trick room teams). From this original core, I expanded into the other members of the team, aiming to combat the most common threats in the metagame and in many cases the partners they play beside (ie combating Amoonguss + Kangaskhan instead of simply Kangaskhan and Amoonguss individually).
Besides using Gothitelle, other interesting parts of the team include two Intimidators and two Will-O-Wisp users, 4 complex EV spreads, and a mixed, Safety Goggles Talonflame. These points will be explained as they come up, but let's start with how it all
got put together.
Teambuilding

Starting with a core that included a late-game sweeper is familiar to me, but Mega Mawile functions equally well as a lead thanks to Intimidate, and works especially well to support Gothitelle. With Shadow Tag, stat drops change from reasons for opponents switch out into crippling weaknesses often just as detrimental as status.

Landorus-T functions as a better lead than Mawile, freeing up how I can use Intimidate and Mawile during the game and giving me an almost perfect lead in Gothitelle + Landorus-T where Gothitelle sets up Trick Room if needed and Landorus-T giving Intimidate support, then U-Turning into the best teammate for the situation.

Rotom-Wash came next, providing some much needed bulk to the team, and another Pokemon that benefitted enormously from double intimidate. It also has fantastic synergy with Landorus-T and provided Will-O-Wisp to beat Bisharp (which threatened me thus far) as well as two powerful STAB attacks. Decent offensive and defensive coverage was coming together at this point.

Amoonguss in Trick Room is the most reliable Sleep inducer available and it provides Water and Grass resistances that the team needed. It also re
lieved Gothitelle of all of the responsibility of keeping my opponents from switching. Amoonguss (especially in Trick Room) doesn't forgive switches, taking advantage of the free turn to put the opponent that's coming in to sleep. Then I can go back into Gothitelle if I need to burn rest turns, or if I have a 1-mon check to the current opponents on the field.

Talonflame wrapped up the holes the team still had. It provided one more priority user, a check to opponents sleep, a faster Will-O-Wisp than Bisharp and Kangaskhan, and polished off an FWG core I hadn't realized I was making until it was already completed. Another interesting point that escaped me until I was finished building is that I had unwittingly created a team that followed the Semi-Trick Room framework as outlined in the Doubles Framework thread. For those of you who don't want to click away from the RMT (and who would blame you) here is the framework and how my team followed it:
  • Bulky TR Setter: Gothitelle
  • Rotom Wash
  • Choice Scarf Landorus-T
  • Fire Type: Talonflame
  • Bulky Steel Type: Mega Mawile
  • Wild Card: Amoonguss
The team was all finished (sort of, I tried and changed team members a couple of times, but we'll get to that later) now let's get to the part you've all been waiting for, the team members and movesets!

The Team

Gothitelle @ Chesto Berry

Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Rest
The focus of the team: Trick Room Gothitelle. The moveset is simple but effective, giving Gothitelle the tools it needs to succeed while not being either completely Taunt bait, or being a Pokemon that the opponent can simply ignore until the end of the game. Trick Room provides support primarily for Mawile and Amoonguss, but also for Rotom-Wash in some instances. Not to mention that it enables Gothitelle to Rest and heal itself quickly, even if it has taken massive damage before setting up Trick Room. Psychic is for STAB but with 0 SAtk investment the choice between Psychic, Psychock, and Psybeam became a question of Utility as well as damage. In the end I chose Psychic because it does the most damage, and has a 10% chance to lower the foes SDef which can be game changing when the opponent is forced to stay in and keep that stat drop. Heal Pulse is excellent for any member of the team (every team member has an even HP stat to maximize recovery), but works best for supporting Mawile when it sets up Swords Dance and to recover recoil damage from Talonflame. Rest + Chesto Berry enabled Gothitelle to stay alive and on the field as long as possible to keep shadow tag going strong.
The EV spread is simple, giving Gothitelle enough Special Defence to survive a Dark pulse from Modest, Choice Specs Hydreigon with the remaining EVs put into physical defence. Although the team offers massive support to compliment the lack of defence investment, this Gothitelle shrugs off Kangaskhan Returns and Double Edges easily on its own. I have reduced the Attack and Speed IVs to 0 to reduce possible confusion damage, and of course to move as quickly as possible in Trick Room.
Gothitelle's role of Trapper leans more and more towards Cleric as the game progresses and the opponent loses Pokemon, and therefore switching opportunites. While Gothitelle is far from useless even when the opponent is down to their last two Pokemon, it is the first thing I sack at the end if need be. The beginning of the game is a different story all together. I lead Gothitelle almost every game unless I see that the opponent has an obvious counter to it (Bisharp) and by trapping the opponents leads and netting a quick one or two KOs if they led poorly enough, I pick up massive momentum from the start.

“Don’t go beyond, no matter how much you feel you need to, Doctor.
The barrier was not made to be broken.
Remember this: there is more power here than you know. It is old and always restless.
Remember.”
-Victor Pacow, Pet Semetary

Mawile @ Mawilite

Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
My win condition and set-up Sweeper, Mega Mawile is a sorely underrated and underused threat in the Doubles metagame, flourishing under Trick Room but by no means requiring it to steamroll through unprepared teams. Not to mention it has arguably the best typing in the game (Charizard X also belongs in that discussion). The moveset is the standard Swords Dance Mawile moveset: Play Rough for my main STAB attack, Sucker Punch for priority, Swords Dance to boost my attack, and of course Protect. I decided to forgo Iron Head because Sylveon and Gardevoir are both reliably OHKOd by +2 Play Rough, and Mawile has no trouble setting up on either of these Pokemon, especially if Gothitelle is beside Mawile healing it.
The EV spread allows Mawile to survive a -1 Earthquake from Garchomp and a -1 Flare Blitz from Talonflame from the physical side, and a 252+ SAtk Heat Wave from Heatran thanks to spread reduction. The remaining EVs were placed into attack which gives Mawile more than enough power to 2HKO Mega Kangaskhan. It would of course be possible to hit these same defensive benchmarks by lowering HP and increasing Defences, which would then let me invest more into Attack, but the max HP allows for maximum recovery from Heal Pulse, so I made having a max HP stat my number one priority when building the set.
Mawile functions best as a late game sweeper, being able to run through 3 or 4 weakend Pokemon easily as soon as it gets up a Swords Dance in or out of Trick Room. It also functions well as a lead beside Gothitelle, and because I have Landorus-T also providing Intimidate support for the team, I don't have to be too stingy about Mega evolving and saving my Intimidate. I also will commonly U-Turn or hard switch into Mawile Turn 1 from leading Landorus-T to get a double Intimidate attack drop before my opponent can attack once. This play is especially common versus enemy Kangaskhan or Mawile.

"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it"
-George Orwell

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

I did say that there was a bit of standard in this team, and here is the prime example. The teams fast mode, Choice Scarf Landorus-T might as well be the mascot of the XY Smogon Doubles Metagame. For that reason, I maintain that running 252 speed with a Jolly nature is the best EV spread for Landorus-T (holding a Choice Scarf of course). There are so many opposing Scarf Landorus-Ts out there, and Pokemon that are EVd or used to outspeed Adamant Scarf, that jolly is just the way to go to, and I have never once regretted the speed. It has given me a game winning advantage in many cases where my opponents assume I am running max speed with an Adamant nature, or perhaps an even slower spread.
The first 3 attacks are a given, but I should explain Superpower. I went with Superpower simply because I don't have any other fighting attacks on the team and Fighting is an incredibly useful attacking type. It's also nice to hit Dark types for Gothitelle.
Landorus-T is my lead just as often as Gothitelle, either being lead beside it or beside Rotom-Wash. It also makes a punishing switch-in for Ground types that threaten Mawile with Earthquake. The Earthquake doesn't hit, the opponent's attack has been lowered, and Gothitelle prevents them from switching out (and can easily heal off the slight Earthquake damage).
As for Trick Room, Landorus-T actually enjoys being in Trick Room playing against Aegislash, so that it can get the KO with Earthquake on Blade form and Healed by Gothitelle in the same turn (that's right I'm not afraid to EQ my own Gothitelle).
"It is not light that we need, but fire;
it is not the gentle shower, but thunder.
We need the storm, the whirlwind,
and the earthquake."
-Frederick Douglas

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 84 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Here's the bulky Rotom-Wash moveset that pairs too well with Landorus-T to pass up, sporting a slightly adjusted version of my bulky Rotom-Wash EV spread first made famous in You Are Invited, and then again in my full XY Smogon Doubles Analysis: Rotom Wash (you knew a promotion was coming at some point).
The EV spread gives Rotom-Wash enough special bulk to survive a modest Charizard-Y Solarbeam, and enough Special attack to OHKO 4HP Talonflame with Thunderbolt, with the remaining EVs put into physical defence. 84 Special Attack is enough to OHKO up to 44 HP Landorus-T with Hydro Pump. Normally I invest a bit of speed, but on my semi-Trick Room team it would be a waste of EVs. I have given Rotom-Wash only 30 speed IVs to underspeed opposing Rotom forms inside of Trick Room. I decided not to use a speed hindering nature however, because I wanted to outspeed 0 speed Togekiss outside of Trick Room. Togekiss's Air Slash spam can make it difficult for Gothitelle to set up TR, so I want Rotom hitting and possibly Paralyzing first.
I rely on Rotom's bulk to allow it to last the entire game, it mostly plays during the middle game (most opponent's don't lead fire types other than Charizard-Y) and I will occasionally lead it with Landorus-T if I don't think it will be advantageous to set up Trick Room early in the game. Rotom Wash also provides the unique service of resisting Fire and being immune to Ground (ok Talonflame does too, but it's too frail to depend upon for fire resistance), both of Mega Mawile's weaknesses. Furthermore, it resists Ice and Water for Landorus-T as well, these key resistances led to me using a bulkier Rotom-Wash than the standard Modest set to compensate for the significant defensive pressure.
“You've been declared competent, son, 'know what that means? 'Means you gonna ride the lightning.”
-Percy Wetmore, The Green Mile

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect
A specially defensive Amoonguss was the next addition to the team. Amoonguss provided another Pokemon that could take full advantage of Trick Room and could use Ragepowder to give Mawile a turn to set up a Swords Dance. Amoonguss also is generally my switch-in for Gothitelle if it needs to come out, given that Amoonguss plays very similarly to Gothitelle in that it discourages switches (free turns for Amoonguss mean free Spores) and Amoonguss plays a support role, while having it's own reliable recovery (Regnerator and Sitrus).
I chose a more specially defensive EV spread because the team has lots of ways to hinder physical attackers. The EV spread survives a Timid Mega Charizard-Y's Heat Wave and a -1 Brave Bird from Talonflame. I gave the Amoonguss max HP because although the Benchmarks only require 232 EVs in HP, 252 HP gave me the highest HP stat that was divisible by four to give maximum recovery from Sitrus Berry and Regenerator. It also allows Amoonguss to get maximum Heal Pulse recovery, although Gothitelle and Amoonguss rarely play beside each other. Like Mawile, Amoonguss has minimum speed to move first in Trick Room and minimal attack investment to reduce potential confusion damage.

A single spore has such grim power,
that you may die within the hour
-Klaus Baudelaire, The Grim Grotto

Talonflame @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Now we get back to something a little more creative. Mixed Safety Goggles Talonflame is a star on the team and patched up many typing weaknesses the team had, as well as weaknesses to individual Pokemon. Overheat was used rather than Flare Blitz primarily to give me a better matchup vs Aegislash and Ferrothorn. Physical fire attacks are not great checks to Aegislash, and Flare Blitz recoil + Iron barbs recoil + the occasional Rocky Helmet made Ferrothorn impossible to deal with. Overheat with 0 EV investment and a neutral nature always OHKOs both Ferrothorn and Bisharp (who was also a threat) and Overheat + Earthquake from Landorus-T always KOs Aegislash in shield form, while both OHKO Aegislash in Blade form (if Trick Room is up). Will-O-Wisp makes this Talonflame a surefire stop to Kangaskhan + Amoonguss, with Gothitelle providing ample Heal Pulse recovery from Brave Bird recoil and burned Return damage from Kangaskhan. Talonflame also gives the team more priority (which Semi-Trick Room thrives on) and rounds off a nice FWG core with Rotom-Wash and Amoonguss.
Safety Goggles, mixed Talonflame filled in all of the holes that Stepping on Shadows had up until it's inclusion. Let's get into playing the team, and I'll show you my most common leads, and how to play them

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him."
-George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Leads

My most common lead is Gothitelle & Landorus-T. Choice Scarf allows Landorus-T to nearly always be moving first and Turn 1 is usually using Trick Room with Gothitelle and U-Turning into a teammate that can best take on the opponents. This lead starts the game off with such an insane amount of momentum and if everything goes according to plan it can be impossible for my opponents to really come back. If the opposition leads a Fake Out user + something that threatens to OHKO Landorus, I'll hard switch out instead of U-Turning. Very easy lead to play, and very effective.

My next favourite lead is Gothitelle and Mawile. Whether I Mega Evolve or not depends on if I need to switch out Mawile but if I lead this, I generally have a strong enough matchup with this lead that it isn't required. Trick Room + Swords Dance turn 1 is my hyper aggressive play that I love to go for turn 1 since I can easily heal up damage done to either member later on.

If my opponent looks to have Taunt or if it seems that setting up Trick Room wouldn't be a good idea, I'll lead Rotom-Wash and Landorus-T. Landorus-T provides that early game momentum that is so important, and can be free to Earthquake and deal massive damage beside Rotom. Rotom also benefits immensely from Intimidate support and can threaten Water types that want to themselves threaten Landorus. Often this lead will result in U-turn straight to Gothitelle if I really want to trap the 2 opponents, otherwise these 2 usually grab a quick KO on their own.

Alternatives
Gothitelle has undergone a couple of EV spread changes during the creation of the team as Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate were added, the EVs became more Specially defensive until the spread became what it is today. Here are alternative EV spreads that I have tried, and a quick point on why I'm not running that spread anymore.
Sassy Nature, 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
This EV spread survives a +6 Aquajet from Azumarill with the remaining EVs in SDef. I stopped running this EV spread because Rotom-Wash and Amoonguss beat Azumarill in or out of Trick Room anyway, and I don't need to trap the bunny because after a Belly Drum there's no way it's switching out (although go ahead if you want).
Sassy Nature, 252HP / 68 Def / 188 Sdef
This EV spread survives a Knock Off from Life Orb Bisharp with the remaining EVs in SDef. The SDef investment is enough to survive a Charizard-Y Overheat and a Life Orb Dark Pulse from Hydreigon. I stopped running this spread because I added Overheat and Will-O-Wisp to Talonflame and there really wasn't much a point on staying in vs Bisharp anyways. This EV spread was also getting close to always surviving a Choice Specs boosted Dark Pulse from Hydreigon and that was a benchmark I really wanted to hit.
Switching Rotom-Wash for Mega Blastoise and Mega Mawile for Sylveon is actually a viable thing to do if you are so inclined. Fake Out on Blastoise gives you an easier time in setting up Trick Room, and Water Spout and Hyper Voice moving first in Trick Room is absolutely devestating. Heal Pulse also makes Water Spout that much more viable. In the end I decided against this because the change made my team too susceptible to Wide Guard and took away Sucker Punch which was much needed Priority. It also removed an Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp from the team which didn't help Gothitelle at all.
Swapping Amoonguss for Ferrothorn meant that I could run Gothitelle beside my Grass type a little more viably. The problem with Ferrothorn is that it gave my team too many physical attackers and I became really vulnerable to Will-O-Wisp. Ferrothorn would actually be a great Pokemon to run on the team, but including it would require too many changes to the team and would require a different RMT at that point.
I tried Moltres over Talonflame for a bit, my main draw was Overheat doing so much damage and not taking recoil from Ferrothorn or worrying about King's Shield from Aegislash. Once I realized I could viably run Overheat on Talonflame and keep the Priority Brave Bird I switched back.

Threatlist
Miltank - seriously Miltank runs through this team. It supports in front of Rotom and doesn't care about it. It can have Sap Sipper and beat Amoonguss, and if it has Rocky Helmet it destroys Talonflame and can Milk Drink off any damage. Miltank also happens to not even slightly care about Gothitelle, and by providing Helping Hand support it can make many Dark types threaten to OHKO Gothitelle if I'm not careful. I've only ever played one battle vs Miltank and scraped out the victory thank to my opponent not realizing how much it threatened me, but I hope to never run across it again.
Charizard is a decent threat to the team, my main answer is Landorus-T or Rotom-Wash (inside of Trick Room) but nothing wants to take an overheat and if I miss a Rock Slide this thing becomes a real problem to deal with.
Double Grass puts too much pressure on Talonflame, and since it will be constantly taking recoil damage or having to switch up from Overheat, it can be tough to manage. Not a terrible match up, but one I do not look forward to.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed Stepping on Shadows! I am looking forward to your suggestions and tips!

Last edited:
And with that, a new team archetype is created.

I decided to rate this. The team is extremely good (holy shit, maybe even better than Hail Buddies!), so I won't be changing too much.

Switch back to Moltres. You said that double grass really threatens your talonflame, but it doesn't threaten Moltres at all. Moltres can take an Overheat a lot better than Talonflame and Gothitelle can Heal Pulse off the damage. I know that priority is good and all, but I think Moltres's bulk and non-suicidal nature fits a lot better on your team. Here's the set I'm thinking about:

ugly bald bird (Moltres) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Overheat / Fire Blast

my nick is 10/10 dont change it pls This set has double STAB moves that match Talonflame's, but the extra bulk helps you a lot. Hurricane is much more powerful, but it's not too accurate and is even worse in sun/sand, so I thought you may want to run Air Slash instead. Heat Wave gives useful spread that your team lacks other than Landorus-T. Hidden Power Ground makes moltres a very effective Heatran slayer where it's otherwise walled, and Overheat or Fire Blast can be used to get past Wide Guard and/or hit one target harder.

I don't have Will-O-Wisp because you already have it on Rotom-W and it's extremely solid. I feel like WoW was filler on Talonflame anyway. If you want to change the EVs up a bit, that's fine, but I think this spread is fine as well. You'll notice I don't have Protect on this set, which brings me to my next suggestion...

Replace Protect on everything with a coverage move or status move.
If your Pokemon next to Gothitelle is threatened, it's extremely likely you can just switch out to something that can take the incoming moves. It's also likely that people are going to be targetting the gothitelle instead of the pokemon that's actually trying to kill them. While Protect is quite useful on normal, balanced teams, it doesn't have much place on yours. A few recommendations:

• Sludge Bomb on amoonguss
  • Iron Head, Brick Break, or Fire Fang on Mawile
  • Volt Switch or Thunder Wave on rotom
I'd like to hear what you think about these suggestions. Your strategy is pretty much unprecedented and I commend you for making such a team. Good job. :)

Last edited:
And with that, a new team archetype is created.

I decided to rate this. The team is extremely good (holy shit, maybe even better than Hail Buddies!), so I won't be changing too much.

Switch back to Moltres. You said that double grass really threatens your talonflame, but it doesn't threaten Moltres at all. Moltres can take an Overheat a lot better than Talonflame and Gothitelle can Heal Pulse off the damage. I know that priority is good and all, but I think Moltres's bulk and non-suicidal nature fits a lot better on your team. Here's the set I'm thinking about:

ugly bald bird (Moltres) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Overheat / Fire Blast

my nick is 10/10 dont change it pls This set has double STAB moves that match Talonflame's, but the extra bulk helps you a lot. Hurricane is much more powerful, but it's not too accurate and is even worse in sun/sand, so I thought you may want to run Air Slash instead. Heat Wave gives useful spread that your team lacks other than Landorus-T. Hidden Power Ground makes moltres a very effective Heatran slayer where it's otherwise walled, and Overheat or Fire Blast can be used to get past Wide Guard and/or hit one target harder.

I don't have Will-O-Wisp because you already have it on Rotom-W and it's extremely solid. I feel like WoW was filler on Talonflame anyway. If you want to change the EVs up a bit, that's fine, but I think this spread is fine as well. You'll notice I don't have Protect on this set, which brings me to my next suggestion...

Replace Protect on everything with a coverage move or status move.
If your Pokemon next to Gothitelle is threatened, it's extremely likely you can just switch out to something that can take the incoming moves. It's also likely that people are going to be targetting the gothitelle instead of the pokemon that's actually trying to kill them. While Protect is quite useful on normal, balanced teams, it doesn't have much place on yours. A few recommendations:

• Sludge Bomb on amoonguss
  • Iron Head, Brick Break, or Fire Fang on Mawile
  • Volt Switch or Thunder Wave on rotom
I'd like to hear what you think about these suggestions. Your strategy is pretty much unprecedented and I commend you for making such a team. Good job. :)
I'm a little hesitant on replacing Protect on everything, particularly on Mawile who can protect in the face of a threat while Goth sets up Trick Room, then KO next turn with Play Rough before it has to take a hit. I will definitely give that Moltres set a try though! thanks a lot for the rate!

I dont know much about doubles yet but holy shit the layout and quality of this RMT made me <:] intensely
Brawlfest makes NU RMTs of the same or better quality than this and I get most of my formatting ideas from him haha

Big Ole Fire (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 56 HP / 100 SpA / 100 Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Trick Room
Use this over Talonflame, trust me it's better :)

CREDITS TO BAGMAN FOR MAKING THE SET.

(jk your team is perfect like your videos :3)

An excellent team with some of your favorite mons (Gothitelle, Rotom-W, Amoungus, Landorus-T...). I really like it, but it seems to require an incredible skill to be handled correctly. Do you have any replays to share? I'm sure those battles would be impressive...

EDTI: oh and btw, as said previously, great presentation of the team, clear and complete with options to customize it ;-) That's a truly awesome work!

An excellent team with some of your favorite mons (Gothitelle, Rotom-W, Amoungus, Landorus-T...). I really like it, but it seems to require an incredible skill to be handled correctly. Do you have any replays to share? I'm sure those battles would be impressive...

EDTI: oh and btw, as said previously, great presentation of the team, clear and complete with options to customize it ;-) That's a truly awesome work!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-161278517
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-160134117
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-158646992
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-157969059

Very cool mister kale, almost as sweet as your utility Ferrothorn video. Other than Roxer's suggestion this team should come with a rated R label for strong graphic violence and some sexuality.

Hey Kyle! Great team but if i could make a suggestion i'd use Iron Head over swords dance on mawile. You said that a +2 play rough will KO a sylveon or Gardevoir but why wait to set up for that? I find iron head is also a nice move to pack to add more coverage seeing as mawile will do massive damage to everything already. Also it will be the only way to hit a Perish song mega gengar or will-o-wisp gengar seeing as sucker punch won't work. Also since its acting as a late game sweeper it doesnt need that much damage.

Is there really that many choice specs Hydreigon running around to warrant that many SPDEF EV's on Gothitelle? I mean I realize it's rather common, but is it that common? I think having a more rounded EV spread on Gothitelle will help a lot but whatever floats your boat I guess! I know a lot of VGC'ers like Aaron Zheng use a similar Gothitelle spread but that is because VGC isn't lucky enough to be able to use Latios so people try to maximize the power output of Hydreigon. As always though awesome RMT! I think the format and time you put in should be standards for all RMTs.

Oh and congrats on 100 subs!
jk you suk

Indie Flop

Banned deucer.
Holy flip, this RMT tho :D
btw the sets are at the bottom
  • Not that this would make the team better, persay, but it would change the playstyle a touch and maybe you'd do better: Talonflame -> Rotom-H and Rotom-W -> Azumarill
Before you immediately stop reading, hear me out. The purpose of your Talon is for Sleep spam check, correct? Well, meet my friend Specs Rotom-H. and, I swear I'm not high. Specs Rotom-H is a great utility mon, as it can a) reliably KO all Sporers (bar Mega Venu) and outspeed them b) Trick to cripple and c) continue to support.

Well, now that you can't use Rotom-W, you'll want a bulky Water. Since Rotom-H is taking the utility roles, you can make Azumarill more of a tankish type thingy. The set is actually not mine, it's pastelgameboy's, and atm I'm not sure what it's built to do, will edit when replied (she posted it on my RMT (Shameless plug in the sig)) with a few mods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 80 Def / 88 SpD / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Again, totally sober. This guy is the bomb! Outspeeds Jolly Breloom, destroys any mega mawile, and any mega mom:
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 208 HP / 80+ Def Rotom-H: 261-308 (89 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-H Overheat vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Mega Mawile: 440-518 (144.7 - 170.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 208 HP / 80+ Def Rotom-H: 249-294 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% to OHKO
Very versatile, takes out threats, cripples, etc.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Protect

Again, not 100% sure what exactly this does, but it's been doing work for me and I'll update when I figure it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)