ORAS LC Sticky Snivloon

Pretty old team for me by now, some may or may not know it. Thanks to a small reminder of an older post, requesting more Drifloon RMT's aswell as the current hustle of Drifloon and ''it being broken'' I wanted to tell you a bit more about this team.

I actually used this team at a later part during the Diglett suspect because of the stupid amout of people using Snivy + Sticky webs, I tried to push that idea back a little. Because I am not great at battling at all I requested Vubon/Eniigma to test this team out each with a different version and this one ended up working the best so far.

Indept:

Face Of Terror (Drifloon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Recycle

While you don't think it needs all the speed it's a hugh possitive as Scarf users are a big push in it's face for preventing it to stall. I originally wanted to just see how well it could spin block rater then abuse it this much. Drifloon allowes you to block spinners, Stall the majority of all opponents besides the ones that don't mind being burned and can take an itemless Acrobatic and provide a good answere to most Fight types.

Iron Giant (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

No Sticky Web team without Pawniard to punish Defog and Punish opposing Sticky Web users. Pawniard can check Fletchling without Overheat nicely taking a bit of weight from one of the best anti-Sticky Web pokemon. Pawniard can also use Stealth Rocks in order of ''checking'' Ponyta/Larvesta more effectively. Iron Head is your main STAB while Knock Off should be spammed untill everything has lost its item or when Iron Head does more damage. Sucker Punch is your Priority mostly for 17+ speed Scarf users and to outspeed opposing priority.

Get Schwifty (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Haze
- Giga Drain

Surskit is the base of a Sticky Webs team even though I still try to make Sewaddle work.
Besides providing Sticky webs it can be a hard match up for allot of pokemon thanks to the 17 Speed and irritating Water type with Scald to make use of. Haze prevents set up pokemon specifically Timburr from piercing my team. Giga Drain allowes you to beat opposing Water types better, namely Staryu thanks to its Rapid Spinning of my webs. Protect over Giga Drain can be a nice option to scout so I made a special note to it as it creates more opportunity in beating unexpected Scarf users, Fake out Users and in potentially preserving it for it's utility with Scald.

''Broken'' (Snivy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute
- Synthesis

The beauty of the team, the servant of revenge, Snivy.
Snivy actually was so abused I needed to punish people for using it .... By using it myself... It's good against Web teams that lack Gastly and can punish running Sticky Webs a bit more then Pawniard can infact as this one gainst imporant speed to revenge kill more easly. Leaf Storm whipes out opponants teams like flies once you get the necessary pokemon worn with either Stealth Rocks or Damaging.
I changed this set to 17 speed eventhough I kinda needed the HP investment to beat certain pokemon better. Vubon, while he was testing this team out actually noted this as it allowed him to sweep more efficiently and suggesting it didn't really need the bulk.
Substitude if pulled off can get more work done then you could imagin beating or Punishing Piority users, being able to revenge better and so on. Synthesis just works nicely in combination with it but is mostly for recovering against weaker targets or against Sucker Punch. Hidden Power Ground beats Magnemite, Ponyta, Croagunk and Pawniard, it also provides decent overall coverage.

''Obsolete'' (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Drilbur has been very looked down on overall and well it's what it is...
This set is the set I actually ran at the time. I honestly prefer this one because it beats Magnemite better, still doesn't pick up handy KO's and atleast can do it's job compaired to the older 18 attack set. Rapid Spin is so nice for this team. Swords Dance allowes me to check Chinchou/Ponyta better aswell as go for a more effecient sweep once Mienfoo and such are somewhat worn.
I chose Rock Slide because I still have a Flying type issue that can use a bit of a fix as well as beating Larvesta is important.

Charging Bills (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Last poke to add on my team. This poke allowed me to put pressure on all Fight types bar Timburr, Steel types, Aipom/Meowth, Grass types like Foongus and lastly it ensures I can punish U-turn in an old fashioned way by switching it in and fishing for Flame Body Burns. Wild Charge covers the picture against Omanyte to pressure as well as other notable water types like Staryu. This also is the last poke to pose a threat to Fletchling as it can take 2 Acrobatics(At full HP) and Burn it in prosses.

Use:
Unlike most web teams this one actually doesn't NEED to be used offencively but you did be wasting potential as to what you can accomplish with playing more aggresively.
There is allot to make abuse of in this team and it's up to team match up to know what did work best against it. Try to chose one of the abusers and potentially wither down his team untill it's useless or Sweep it with Snivy/Drilburr. I like the fact I can play fairly safe early on to scout/chip damage for unexpected sets that could hinder the sweep. Try to keep in mind even while doing this that offencive playing can get you more reward then you could imagin.

Surskit is mostly your go to lead and as the team beats opposing Web teams so well there doesn't seem to be much reason to not put it up. Exept if there is such a situation for example leading with Aipom/Shellder, try to preserve it, the team CAN function without but it did lose big utility. You essentially end up in a 5 v 6 perspective and don't make use of your best abuseable factor being the Speed tier.

The flaws of this team:
Timburr: Once this thing sets up 1 Bulk up it can be hard to recover from it, just make sure not too much dies in trade of it. The Poison Jab set could die in a hole.
Bulky Foo: Regular foo can be worn down suprisingly fast, slow Foo turns out to be just enough to irritate me, if you don't Knock Off it's item it can be hard to revenge with Snivy so I recommend Burning it with Floon.
Flame Chardge Ponyta: Yea this thing, it just does so much against me if you don't wittle it with Knock Off or atleast prevent it from boosting more speed as Drilburr is important in dealing with it. Surskit can be played a bit safer to ensure you can cover it a bit better but try to make sure you keep up pressure against this pokemon.
Porygon: I lack a Fight type so it's easy to see what poke can shit on me fairly well.
Pawniard can bring a good part of its use down while other pokemon like Ponyta/Snivy can be problematic for it while it can be back to Ponyta/Snivy aswell.
Thunder Wave: Generally an issue with Sticky Web teams but as most users of Thunder Wave dislike being put a Subsitude(Snivy/Drifloon) infront of them it can be a decent way of getting around it, I also have Drillbur as a switch in but that doesn't hold back the issue of Porygon/Ferroseed Paralysing all my abusers.

Special thanks: Vubon Eniigma for the help and support even besides this team frens :3

I did thank you for your patience, care to note for improvements and I did like to argue for them.

Fixes:
Skens Swords Dance-Stealth Rock switch for Pawniard,
Levi's more offencive Pawniard spread and Haze on Surskit.

-RPU/Rhydonphilip

Last edited:

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey buddy, this is a cool team, it really reminds me of apt-get's webs team, but I like this different concept. Ponyta under webs looks scary as hell for all those teams that rely on diglett to check pony, and it destroys staryu without the risk of the speed tie too. It's also great against drifloon which is usually problematic to deal with for most of sticky web builds.

However, I think I have a recommendation which would make it work better: using Stealth Rock on Pawniard and Swords Dance on Drilbur. The reasoning behind this is basically that drilbur at +2 is a beast with webs support and very few mons can stop it. It can't be outsped by Staryu which will die with a +2 earthquake + sr damage the 50% of the times, it can't be burnt by Ponyta, it can't be outsped by scarf Chinchou and the list goes on. Another one is that splitting the sr user and the hazard remover is always good because it's more difficult for the opponent to get the advantage of the hazard control. I find that Drilbur just gets more profit from SD under webs than Pawniard does.

Good team and nice RMT work :)

Yo.

This looks like a pretty good team; thus I only have one suggestion for you today:

The change of RestTalk Skrelp > Ponyta. I appreciate what Pony does for your team, but Skrelp has the potential to solve many issues on your threat list, as well as handling some of the same things as the former did. Another fun thing is that Skrelp outspeeds just about every relevant defensive threat under webs, which makes a Pokemon already hard to switch in to a whole new level of fun. Skrelp makes mincemeat of the fighters that threaten your current build, while also taking out non Wild Charge Pony variants, pressuring Porygon, soaking up stray statuses for your team, and keeping a semi-competent answer to floon.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

I hope that I could help.

Yo.

This looks like a pretty good team; thus I only have one suggestion for you today:

The change of RestTalk Skrelp > Ponyta. I appreciate what Pony does for your team, but Skrelp has the potential to solve many issues on your threat list, as well as handling some of the same things as the former did. Another fun thing is that Skrelp outspeeds just about every relevant defensive threat under webs, which makes a Pokemon already hard to switch in to a whole new level of fun. Skrelp makes mincemeat of the fighters that threaten your current build, while also taking out non Wild Charge Pony variants, pressuring Porygon, soaking up stray statuses for your team, and keeping a semi-competent answer to floon.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

I hope that I could help.
That's a valid way of fixing my current issues however the problem did then become that I lose allot of pressure while rest-talking, this isn't as much of a problem with Skrelp but it's still an issue, it doesn't allow me to beat Steel types well but it can work to pressure.
Ponyta's ability to pressure U-turn, Knock Off(To an extend) and abuseable speed tier allow me to keep more of a punishment in the back in case something did pressure Drifloon/Snivy.
I do need to say that is a good request, I am just stuck as to what did be a better option. Biggest thing that strikes me with that is Snivy as it obliterates me in such a point.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi rhydonphilip,
This is a really nice team! I think the team itself is good enough for showcase, but part of showcase's purpose is for users to glance through to get a feel for the metagame, and your writing style can make quick skimming a bit tough. If you'd like, I could arrange for someone, probably myself, to go through the RMT and make some edits to the descriptions so it that it fits in better.

I'm not too fond of replacing Ponyta because of how well it deals with traditional Webs checks. It badly pressures Snivy, Pawniard, and offensive Flying-types, revenge-kills Gastly, and synergizes with the team overall. It also helps against Aipom leads. Other than that, when we consider how Drifloon is pretty much a mainstay on webs at this point and Snivy is also a moderately notable abuser, I feel that Ponyta is really what makes this team.

You mentioned that the team is best played aggressively, and I honestly think just doing that is enough to mitigate most of the flaws you mentioned. For example, it's not a big deal if you have to lose one of your Pokemon to get Drilbur in safely on Thunder Wave Porygon, because once that happens, you gain back momentum and can pressure the opposing team a lot after a Swords Dance. That doesn't mean you should sack whatever's in play at the time, of course, but most of the time it shouldn't be an issue to ditch whatever is least useful for that particular match-up.
I don't see Shell Smashers being too troublesome despite how threatening they are after set-up. Omanyte needs Memento support, which only works with Cottonee because everything on your team outspeeds other Memento users like Diglett and Stunky under webs, and so is very predictable. Dwebble and SturdyJuice Tirtouga need Stealth Rock to not be up and then can only set up on Snivy. I'll explain in a bit how you can further improve your match-up against smashers, though.
Just a couple of very minor suggestions:

Bulky Fighting-types and Fire-types can be dealt with provided you're willing to sack something, but of course, this isn't always ideal. Maxing out attack on Pawniard by running 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe with an Adamant nature would guarantee the 2HKO with Iron Head on slowfoo (and Timburr) after it has been Knocked Off. It also prevents Timburr from being able to safely switch in and Bulk Up on Pawniard, since Knock Off + Iron Head will put Timburr into Sucker Punch range most of the time. It lets Pawniard 2HKO Ponyta on the switch outside of a Flame Body burn from full health. In addition, it helps a bit against Drilbur, since it guarantees that a Memento'd Drilbur's Earthquake (or five ticks on burn damage, should Omanyte try to set up on Drifloon) puts -1 Omanyte into Pawniard's Sucker Punch range from full health (instead of requiring Stealth Rock as it is currently), and leaves a good chance for Memento'd Ponyta's Wild Charge + Pawniard's Sucker Punch to KO Omanyte after Stealth Rock.
The main drawback is not being able to check Overheat Fletchling as well, but Fletchling only gets to come in on Snivy once, doesn't come in on anything else, and is checked by Ponyta as well if you can keep Stealth Rock off the field.

Haze over Ice Beam on Surskit gives Timburr one less Pokemon to set up on; Ice Beam doesn't offer too much against Pokemon that Surskit will commonly find itself against, since Scald's potential burn is generally more crippling to various bulky Grass-types. If you're really worried about SturdyJuice Shell Smashers, you could try out Glare on Snivy over Synthesis so that they don't have anything to set up on at all, but you have the means to keep Stealth Rock on the field so it shouldn't be necessary.

For the record, webs is just a -1 drop to Speed, so if a Pokemon is affected by webs and then Shell Smashes, it will have a +1 Speed boost, meaning 13 Speed smashers would have 19 Speed.

That's all I've got for now. Great work, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)