Streaming Overlays

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Smogcast crew is looking for overlays to use while streaming to make our streams look attractive and professional. The overlays we've been using get the job done, but they are fairly basic so we're looking for an upgrade.

Some requirements:
  • 1280x720
  • ratio of 4:3 for all camera holes
  • Put Smogon's YouTube and Twitter accounts on there
  • Smogon Icon somewhere
We're looking for multiple overlays as the number of caster vary. We'd like to have overlays for every number 2-6. We're not picky about the design as long as it meets the requirements and looks professional. On behalf of the Smogcast team, thank you so much for any submissions!

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Would if be possible to get a large version or vector version of the logo? Not that big of a deal, but it would be nice.

Also, you you rather have resolution of 1920x1080? In the samples linked the resolution is full HD.

Would if be possible to get a large version or vector version of the logo? Not that big of a deal, but it would be nice.

Also, you you rather have resolution of 1920x1080? In the samples linked the resolution is full HD.
Here's a large version, let me know if you need it larger

I will put out a vector file at some point down the line, but hopefully that image is enough to work with!

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Here are some WIPs. If you are interested I have made 7&8 person designs. I have included the 8 person design. Please let me know if this is the right direction.

Things I plan on doing:
-fixing the weird 4 extra pixels to dimensions
-replace logo
-finalize font & adjust alignment
-change video windows borders(color and width).

Attachments

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Thanks Zracknel, it was .svg, so I was able to freely manipulate it. As i mentioned I have made designs for 2-8 people. I have also included a blank design that only displays a centered logo. If there are any edits you would like e to make let me know.

If it isn't up to quality please let me know.

Download(Includes Everything):
Smogon Overlay

Attachments

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you Player-0 for the sleek overlays! We appreciate the work you put in to them and intend to use them in up coming smogcasts!

However, that doesn't mean we aren't still looking for other submissions. The more designs we have the better, and newer submissions are welcome and appreciated!

Keeeferz

StarCraft2: Rustling of Jimmies
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Overlay feedback (kind of late):

They're really awesome. But now that I think about it we'll need one that can have 2-3 casters and also show a large in game capture of pokemonshowdown.

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Who is this? I mean I'll do it, but you only have one post. I can't tell if this is an official request.

Keeeferz

I drafted what i imagine a good overlay to have. Please feel free to add your own artistic touch! :) I want to make it feel like the audience is watching Pokemon!

Attachments

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Thanks. I deeply appreciate it. I will let that sketch guide my decisions. I still would like to know what dimensions are need for pokemonshowdown area.

Keeeferz

Hmm. Nothing in particular is necessary. Just try to not have a lot of white/blank space :)

Hmm. Nothing in particular is necessary. Just try to not have a lot of white/blank space :)
I feel like you might be misunderstanding Player-0's question. Isn't the showdown window (that shows the battle, possible moves, chat, etc) usually a standardized size? It would be helpful to know those dimensions when making a layout.

Thank you!

Keeeferz

I feel like you might be misunderstanding Player-0's question. Isn't the showdown window (that shows the battle, possible moves, chat, etc) usually a standardized size? It would be helpful to know those dimensions when making a layout.

Thank you!
Yup! That's right! Luckily in the streaming software (Open Broadcaster) I can resize the showdown window, so any size is good! Within the scene editor I can resize selected regions within windows. And then items are organized in layers, So i can send it to bottom if it doesn't quite fit how I'd like to.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
If you want the clearest default resolution, something like this is around 640px by 360px:

(It just looks a little blurry cause Photobucket stinks)
But if you also want the technique and party elements of the interface displayed the dimensions will be different. Would something around ^ this size be alright? Even though you can resize, as an artist I'd personally feel more comfortable making sure you can use as clear a resolution as possible, heheh.

Keeeferz

I would say that's a good size :D And my oversight on the resolution. As far as artistic touches go, party elements etc, feel free to use whatever you like. Xerneas and Yveltal were just examples I used bc they are relevant to this gen. Although I don't really think Kyogre and Groundon would be relevant hahaha.

Keeeferz

Speaking of resolution, I don't think I've made it clear, but I broadcast in 1920*1080

Keeeferz

Oh, also I don't know if this is asking for too much, but a splash page for the show (when we're off air/right before going on air) would be awesome as well. 1920x1080 and matches the overlay that you make. What we're currently using is just the Smogon Logo on the Smogon purple background (link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmc34l8wel2okwb/Big logo.jpg). No requirements on it, and isn't as high as of a priority as the overlay, as the overlay has more airtime than a splash page would.

Keeeferz

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! O_O

I don't know if you saw today's cast but these rock compared to what I made lol.

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
I'm finished, sorta...

Of course if there are any chances you want me to make feel free to ask.

I haven't completed the splash screen. I wanted to design something that had a 2D feel, but still matches what I created. I have started though. I'll post a draft when it is in somewhat of presentable state. I have included a placeholder for the meantime. If you like that enough you can just keep it.

Also in your draft you had Pokemon in it(I don't know how big of a deal it was). While designing I just found them to be, a bit, distracting and it was creating balance issues. That is another reason I'm holding off on the splash screen.

As always, let me know what you think.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)