Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to have the ability to see where individual teams rank, regardless if you're in the top x or not.

Something in team builder or on my account profile showing my teams and their score and overall rank would be nice.

I don't think this has been suggested before, which surprises me, but would it be possible to implement automatic server restarts so that the we don't have unplayable amounts of lag after a week of uptime?

I don't think this has been suggested before, which surprises me, but would it be possible to implement automatic server restarts so that the we don't have unplayable amounts of lag after a week of uptime?
Lag does not directly correlate to uptime.

I was just thinking... Wouldn't it be cool if PS had a "shadow mute" function? Like, where the person gets muted, but they don't know they've been muted. Their messages will appear, but only on their screen - to everybody else, they've been muted, so the only person they'll keep spamming/trolling is themselves. Eventually, when nobody's taking notice to any of it, they'll get bored and leave. Since they don't know they've been muted, they won't try to alt-evade out of it either, just think nobody's getting bothered. Genius idea.. right?

I was just thinking... Wouldn't it be cool if PS had a "shadow mute" function? Like, where the person gets muted, but they don't know they've been muted. Their messages will appear, but only on their screen - to everybody else, they've been muted, so the only person they'll keep spamming/trolling is themselves. Eventually, when nobody's taking notice to any of it, they'll get bored and leave. Since they don't know they've been muted, they won't try to alt-evade out of it either, just think nobody's getting bothered. Genius idea.. right?
I've wanted this forever and it's actually been coded (a shadowban at least which was basically the same thing), but when it was implemented it had to be taken out after only a couple minutes because of the amount of lag it caused. I really really hope it gets put in permanently though.

Reactions: nya
i would like a pokemon of the year awards with different categorys like for example: most ugly pokemon. or: strongest OU pokemon

Otter Power said:
Eventually, when nobody's taking notice to any of it, they'll get bored and leave. Since they don't know they've been muted, they won't try to alt-evade out of it either
People get to know about new server additions pretty soon, at least for major ones (this'd be included in that list). If they know that shadowmutes exist, they'll naturally figure it out after some time. They can still evade. =P
Other than that, shadowmutes aren't a great idea imo. If I was muted, I'd rather spend those 7 to 60 minutes doing something else. Besides, mods can easily detect evaders and do what they need to do about them.

jayz1999 said:
i would like a pokemon of the year awards with different categorys like for example: most ugly pokemon. or: strongest OU pokemon
About the first part, there's a pokemon of the day feature in servers (which main doesn't use btw). You can try and set stuff like that if you have your own private server, or something. Just a suggestion.
"Most ugly pokemon" is kinda too opinion based... what you consider cute might be considered ugly to someone else. I find Gliscor really cute :3. But I'm pretty sure a lotta people out there must find it ugly.
Oh, and about the last part, no poke is really the "strongest" in OU, because every poke has its own pros and cons. Moreover, how effective a pokemon is in a team also depends on the other pokes, team synergy, etc.

Reactions: nya
People get to know about new server additions pretty soon, at least for major ones (this'd be included in that list). If they know that shadowmutes exist, they'll naturally figure it out after some time. They can still evade. =P
Other than that, shadowmutes aren't a great idea imo. If I was muted, I'd rather spend those 7 to 60 minutes doing something else. Besides, mods can easily detect evaders and do what they need to do about them.
Well, the thing about all spammers and trolls is that you'd think they would go do something else after being punished but a good amount of them are relentless. Shadowbans would give these evading spammers a level of uncertainty to whether they need to evade or not. It would also make the common troll think they're getting away with trolling but they can't actually harm the chat. This isn't really worth debating though, since as far as I know their lack of implementation currently is more of a technical issue than an issue of when they'd be useful.

How about an option to change the directory for the teams folder? In addition to miscellaneous purposes this would enable users who move around a lot to keep their teams current using Dropbox.

I'm not sure if this is able to be implemented or if it's worth it, but having a command, /tour song [YouTube link], would be an interesting way to spice up tours. This could set the music in the battle to this song on repeat, and could be turned off with the Music Off button in settings. Don't know, but it might be interesting!

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Following on for tour commands, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a reasoning for the dq, much like you can add reasons for mutes, roombans whatever. It just let's the player and room know what they got disqualified for. Also idk if this is meant to happen, but when I ladder I regularly turn ignore spectators on, but it seems to block any messages from my opponent too? could an option be implemented where we see those but not the actual spectators?

Also thanks for all your hard work on the site, it's a great thing now :]

Is there a thread to make room suggestions? 'Cause I was thinking, now that Monster Hunter's out, lots of people will be looking for online multiplayer hunts, and it would be cool to have a room for it.

I think it would be convenient to have Pokemon in the dex and in /data to be listed as LC UU if they are. It would be easier to build LC UU teams that way.
Also, I think it would be cool if FU were always a playable tier, not necessarily for the ladder, but at least for the option to challenge someone, like it currently is with Classic Hackmons.
Thanks

Last edited:
Is there a thread to make room suggestions? 'Cause I was thinking, now that Monster Hunter's out, lots of people will be looking for online multiplayer hunts, and it would be cool to have a room for it.
Sorry, we no longer take room suggestions. Try the Video Games room for requests of this nature.

I think it would be convenient to have Pokemon in the dex and in /data to be listed as LC UU if they are. It would be easier to build LC UU teams that way.
Also, I think it would be cool if FU were always a playable tier, not necessarily for the ladder, but at least for the option to challenge someone, like it currently is with Classic Hackmons.
Thanks
LC UU isn't official and probably never will be. As for your second question, FU can be played via PU but Classic Hackmons can't be played via anything.

LC UU isn't official and probably never will be. As for your second question, FU can be played via PU but Classic Hackmons can't be played via anything.
I guess LC UU isn't an official tier, but I don't think PU is either, yet Pokemon are still listed as PU in the dex. You were right about Classic Hackmons, I guess I meant to say something like Sky Battle.

I guess LC UU isn't an official tier, but I don't think PU is either, yet Pokemon are still listed as PU in the dex. You were right about Classic Hackmons, I guess I meant to say something like Sky Battle.
PU is almost official and will definitely be official by the next generation at the latest, though probably with a different name that actually means something. Sky Battle solely exists because it is an in-game format...

I think it would be nice to have more random rulesets. Things like a no legendary, or maybe a random draft mode where you can each pick from a pool of Pokemon, or you both get your own pool (to avoid counter picking). Just being able to "discard" or "mulligan" a Pokemon or moveset would go a long way to making the mode more interesting. These would give you more tools to mitigate risk and choose a decent party while keeping the random feeling of the mode, because you can win or lose alot of games just due the overall strength of your draw, or your opponent's draw (and losing to someone that drew only legendaries with a team of only type disadvantage Pokemon isn't fun). I don't think this counts as an OM, but I apologize if it does. I'm not sure exactly what counts as an "Other Metagame" since the wiki page for it has nothing but dead links, and I can't really find a description of what they are. I'm assuming those are drafting, or party building rules to avoid the default metagame.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This may have been pointed out at some point, but the teambuilder really should allow you to order your teams in any way you wish rather than sorting them by alpha order.

I was thinking that maybe there could be a PP tracker of sorts of revealed moves?

I mean, yeah, you could use Ctrl+ F, but why not just make it a feature altogether?

two simple things that would make my life so much easier:
1) when Tailwind is in effect, have some sort of notification on that player's side, like for Trick Room. I have forgotten that Tailwind is in effect at least 50 times now, and I'm not exaggerating.
2) recently a feature was added that when a battle ends, you get the option to close and go to main menu or view a replay. that's great! but a third option I'd love is to close and immediately do another "Look for a battle" in the same metagame that your current battle was in. For example, if you just finished a Triples Random Battle it would close the battle and search for another Triples Battle.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think it would be nice to have more random rulesets. Things like a no legendary, or maybe a random draft mode where you can each pick from a pool of Pokemon, or you both get your own pool (to avoid counter picking). Just being able to "discard" or "mulligan" a Pokemon or moveset would go a long way to making the mode more interesting. These would give you more tools to mitigate risk and choose a decent party while keeping the random feeling of the mode, because you can win or lose alot of games just due the overall strength of your draw, or your opponent's draw (and losing to someone that drew only legendaries with a team of only type disadvantage Pokemon isn't fun). I don't think this counts as an OM, but I apologize if it does. I'm not sure exactly what counts as an "Other Metagame" since the wiki page for it has nothing but dead links, and I can't really find a description of what they are. I'm assuming those are drafting, or party building rules to avoid the default metagame.
I would LOVE a draft format, but unfortunately due to the time it takes to complete, it's simply not suited to a ladder. As for limited Pokemon random modes, random OU would probably be the simplest option (only OU Pokemon + a select few lower tier Pokemon that are OU viable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)