Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the right place and i didn't want to make a thread only about it
On Showdown if i kill the opposing potevo with Knock Off i can't read what item it had while in the game it is written anyway.
It is pretty minor but can sometimes it can make a difference.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think this is the right place and i didn't want to make a thread only about it
On Showdown if i kill the opposing pokemon i can't read what item it had while in the game it is written anyway.
It is pretty minor but can sometimes it can make a difference.
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure you're asking for us to tell you your opponent's item...

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Could we get a NOT command for dexsearch?

Say, if I did "/dexsearch scald, !water type" I'd get every non-water type that learns scald, for an example?
Definitely agreeing with this. Should only be a minor addition to the code as well.

a chillingly composed boy fires a shot in the dark,, team notes. dunno how viable this is (whether it could factor into the import/export or just a savable little pad section in each template of the builder etc) but something to record potential moveset or slot tweaks in adjustment for certain matchups/styles, even some ins and outs of actually playing the team, could be quite nifty. it's not uncommon for players' to have 10 or so variants of some of their better squads and storing each one individually is a pretty ineffective and cumbersome process. though you could just use an outside resource like word for this purpose, i think having it all consolidated into a sort of mother file would go a long way in organizing and preserving its ideas.

Make a Smogon Ubers Doubles Ladder and a Free Battle Spot Doubles Ladder
By Free Battle Spot Doubles, I mean in-game wifi's free battle, or any bring 6 pick 4 doubles environment that uses nintendo's in-game random wifi rules and allows ubers

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would have been cool if the damage calculator had a feature for inverse battles.
Inverse battles are an Other Metagame that play by weird and unofficial rules. It would require way too much work to program in all of the random rules of Other Metagames into the damage calculator relative to how useful those implementations would be overall.

You can do some quick arithmetic to figure out the new damage. Here's a simple example: let's say Scald vs some grass-type does about 15%. Scald is 0.5x effective normally, but in Inverse, it's 2x effective. So take the new multiplier (2x) and divide it by the old multiplier (0.5x). 2 / 0.5 = 4, so you would do 4 x 15% = 60%. Thus, in inverse battles, the Scald would do about 60%.

Thanks for your suggestion!

I think pokemon showdown should get a TeamSpeak server. I think it would be a great way to have fun, battle, request help, and overall have a great time. Teamspeak is a great way to communicate and could bring the playerbase closer together! Just a suggestion! <3

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Hey
I would really like a feature which RO's can use.
Another clear option to get rid of spam. Maybe a /clearroom command?

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
uh, we already have /clear
I know we have clear but that only does it for the person typing the command, I mean so the RO can clear the room of any chat being placed. For example, If there was a soammer who posted for a long time, the RO can just get rid of all the logs in the room.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
It's probably been mentioned before, and it's probably Joim's area and not Zarel, but someone mentioned it on PS, and I think it would be a great idea.

Peak rating.

Basically, next to your Elo, it could say "Elo Peak" or something like that.

Yea, that was it.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd love the ability to make/join tournaments or leagues. Both public and private.
You can already use the Tournaments and Leagues room for this as it stands. If you're referring to an actual tournaments script, then it currently can't be implemented but it is being worked on at the moment. It's also worth noting that PS! doesn't officially support leagues, so it'd be unlikely that there would be consideration for an actual leagues system implemented into the program itself.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Following on from that, as Labyrinthine said, there is a script being worked on and from what I have seen, it is coming along well. If you want more information, head to the tournaments room and type '/roomdesc' into the chat. If you follow that link about halfway down the page there is a script FAQ. I think this is a short URL for it but I am on mobile so I am not sure: http://goo.my/tsfaq

Hopefully that will clear some stuff up for VikingBunny and any other users who were thinking of suggesting a similar thing.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
You can already use the Tournaments and Leagues room for this as it stands. If you're referring to an actual tournaments script, then it currently can't be implemented but it is being worked on at the moment. It's also worth noting that PS! doesn't officially support leagues, so it'd be unlikely that there would be consideration for an actual leagues system implemented into the program itself.
Lets just pretend the hard working people on side unofficial servers don't exist why dontcha' :/ (points at battletower tournaments script)

Abyways, on a more serious note, I have some more user experience oriented requests/posts:
1. Pokemon Profiling
Ok, so the name may be confusing, but, using the usage stats, there should be an "advanced" tab for a pokemon in the teambuilder right after stats to click on, using that shows the counters, checks, etc, here, I'll just whip something up in paintdotNET or photoshop If I don't fail at it:

AND THEN CLICKING THE BUTTONS TURNS INTO....
(man I suck ass at paint[dotNET])
(Got them net XY icon sprites from Layell 's ZIP file, if this gets implemented, BW icons could be used)

I believe this could really help with teambuilding and could really be a (non priority) convenience

#2- Radio Station like Pandora's server
So, If you've never been to http://play.pandorashowdown.com , basically, there's a thing where there's a 'pandora' radio station that you can pause and play to your convenience while you chat and shit, here's a quick screengrab:

I know it might seem weird getting the code since their githubs aren't really all that up, but I got a code excerpt by one of the creators' (Slayer95 ) :
http://pastebin.com/sA1mAARq
Though I could see a problem with choosing the radio station, and if we make our own the users will have just to deal with the staff's song choice, another solution is to let the users pick which radio station they want to use by using the settings menu (the gear icon) to switch which station they want to pick. Though this is really just me craving user experience and will probs not be implemented

#3 User Profiles
So, Onto my last one, last but surely not last: User profiles!
This was to the guy way back in the first page saying names aren't all that descriptive, So how about a full profile?

'But what about organization?' I hear you wondering. I have come up with a system:

(fucking seriously my mouse in paintdotNET got in the way) So how this would work is:
  • You can access it like you can access the chat button or challenge button: clicking on their name should bring you to a tiny menu where you pick between challenge and chat normally, but now you could click "Profile"
  • The Trainer Avatar is your usual trainer you have
  • You could set your pokemon avatar by choosing between and XY sprite number or we could use /sprites/bw-icon-sheet or whatever it's called as a graphto pick between, like your trainer avatar
  • You could set your self description with /selfdesc or /selfdescription commands
  • Any room you have auth in shows up- For lobby you could say global, and for rooms like other metas, you could have between + to #
  • Rooms you have no auth in don't show up
Though there could be some bugs with these 3, I still think these would be great and would help with the user experience(especially the first one which has competitive value.) I don't mind if they are rejeted though, I understand.

That's all for now

Lets just pretend the hard working people on side unofficial servers don't exist why dontcha' :/ (points at battletower tournaments script)
TBT's script if actually the beta of the official tournaments.

I know it might seem weird getting the code since their githubs aren't really all that up, but I got a code excerpt by one of the creators' (Slayer95 ) :
I have no actual issue with this lol

I'd like to suggest setting the default EV abbreviations in exportables to be SpA / SpD / Spe instead of SAtk / SDef / Spd because the former are accepted site wide for analysis writing, articles, C&C work in general, and guides, and it makes it hard when people are c/ping from their PS teams the sets. Just a though :)

Hey, Zarel.
I suggested this suggestion box, so I'll start with some basic ones.
PS- I am gregor/sinister act

1. Have a group below voiced that only has moderated talk.
2. Have a (edit: seperate)chat for lower-voiced and up, so that others can converse on without the mod chat restrictions.
3. Upgrade various random people to test out new lower-voiced to admins.
4. Team builder is perfect. Do not change it at all. ;)
5. Make a /list command to find a list of all commands
6. Ask for help sometimes!
7. Be more active with randoms
8. Fix the ladders
9. Try and inform us with times more than just 'sometime today'.
10. Listen to everybody's opinion, and don't be biased.
11. Remember you are doing an amazing job.

12. THIS ONE IS BIG!!
Instead of just having a name on your account, I think we should have bios, battle preferences, activity, avatars, and more general information about person.
Remember, a name doesn't explain someone very well.
13. Email updates??
14. Pokemon Showdown ONLY forum?
15.Set up voiced+ vs regular users tourneys.
16. Get people to help code?
17. Assign a group for people who take suggestions and try and make them possible.
18. More disciplinary actions.
19. Have a designated person to take info about people who offended them and have the 'counselor' figure out a just punishment.
20. Take constructive criticism.

That's All Folks!

~Gregor~
~Sinister~
~HardyHoundoom~

Seems like a bit much to ask don't you think, btw bios and personal account idea was good I liked it.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have two suggestions, one is more likely to go through than the other...

Firstly, i really like /effectiveness, it is helpful in battles, but i think there should simply be /eft or /efc or something like that, so when i spell effective wrong it wont matter and i can be lazier

This one is a wild shot but it is fun and i have played it on custom servers. Challenge cup 2vs2 doubles, i dunno if im supposed to be posting something like this here, but its just an idea.

I also like some of oiawesomes ideas and i think this has been set but when you select a mon on teambuilder, maybe give a link to their analysis.
Thanks in advance if any of these happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)