Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the teambuilder, I'd really like to be able to sort the pokemon's moves by power, type, special/physical, etc. This is a really big thing for me when trying to quickly locate strong moves, look for non-attacking moves (like roost), or lets me see options for coverage moves

It's really painful to go through the list one-by-one if you don't have a specific move in mind
You can search different keywoards in teambuilder, such as "special" or "physical"

I know PS! doesn't need any more rooms, and this probably sounds like a bad idea, but could a room be dedicated to nothing but spam and breaking of certain rules?

I know PS! doesn't need any more rooms, and this probably sounds like a bad idea, but could a room be dedicated to nothing but spam and breaking of certain rules?
It's been suggested many times before to have a spam room but it's always been declined. Mainly because such a room doesn't discourage the breaking of rules throughout the rest of PS! Because people who normally break rules and spam do so for the reaction of others who dislike such actions. So deprived of that they'd try their best to find it. So the spam room would've failed

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ok here's what i was thinking: a command that is identical to /ds, or something you can add to ds that changes /ds from its normal alphabetical order and instead makes it another order, like say dex number order, or bst order.

3rd gen GBA battle simulator for use with 3rd gen battles: a complete GBA battle simulator using all the sprites and animations of 3rd gen. Probably not possible but would be awesome

Hello there!

I have been using showdown to play random battles for a while now. I have a few suggestions i have one simple suggestion i would like someone take a look at.

Random battles may have been created as something fun, non competitive, but for me and a lot of other people random battles is the most interesting and knowledge requiring mode. You have to memorize the hundreds of move-sets available and think of a new strategy for every new battle for every single new match you get into.

What i am saying is that i believe there is a big interest for random battles as a competitive mode. Currently however random battles has something which greatly reduces the players ability to predict, and play the game well. That something is the inability to see the opponents team the way you normally would in a normal battle type.

I have conversed with a lot of people during my random battles and asked them about this matter, and i have yet to see someone who actually disagrees with this.

However these people are a bit higher in the ratings and i do not know the entire communities opinion on this matter. However i do not believe changing this would lower the experience for lower rated players. Neither do i think that random battles would lose their "random feel", you still have a random teams and move-sets, the only difference is that you can actually set up a strategy against your opponents team instead of just acting based on the 1 or 2 pokemon you typically know of.

I think this is something that at the very least should be considered since i believe this would really help making random battles more fun and competitive.

//Encore

ps. Sorry for the wall of text, i just felt that this was important and i had to motivate it somewhat.

If you hang out at all in the Game Corner room, you know that autoconfirmed members are allowed to host games as long as they have permission from a staff member. While hosting, you use bold text to indicate that what you are saying is for the current game, which lessens confusion. When bolding a message, however (with the ** script), you cannot use the tab function for names without deleting your bold script. So if I want to type a player list, and the first player is TheBlueFiretruck, I would type "**theb" and then hit tab, which would cause the full name to appear but delete the two asterisks that made my message bold. I would then have to input the asterisks at the beginning of the message again, which is just redundant. I understand this problem can only be fixed my a rework of coding of the tab function, and it's pretty small, but it would save time and unneeded effort in multiple rooms and situations of PS.

If you hang out at all in the Game Corner room, you know that autoconfirmed members are allowed to host games as long as they have permission from a staff member. While hosting, you use bold text to indicate that what you are saying is for the current game, which lessens confusion. When bolding a message, however (with the ** script), you cannot use the tab function for names without deleting your bold script. So if I want to type a player list, and the first player is TheBlueFiretruck, I would type "**theb" and then hit tab, which would cause the full name to appear but delete the two asterisks that made my message bold. I would then have to input the asterisks at the beginning of the message again, which is just redundant. I understand this problem can only be fixed my a rework of coding of the tab function, and it's pretty small, but it would save time and unneeded effort in multiple rooms and situations of PS.
As a workaround, you can always just highlight the text and press Ctrl + B, it adds the asterisks for you :]

Reactions: g
If nobody has suggested this before, how about use the new cries for older pokemon? And the mega evolution cries? If you don't have them, I have them if you need them.

Is there any way you could add desktop notifications to the downloaded client? I know the website one does, and I used that feature on my old computer. But my new computer doesn't like play.pokemonshowdown.com, so yeah. I did go to help room and ask about it, and I did google it a bit, but got nothing.

If nobody has suggested this before, how about use the new cries for older pokemon? And the mega evolution cries? If you don't have them, I have them if you need them.
I seem to recall someone suggesting new music be added and the response was that it would cost a ludicrous amount of money. I'm pretty sure pokemon cries fall in the same bracket and new cries would be way too expensive to use.

I seem to recall someone suggesting new music be added and the response was that it would cost a ludicrous amount of money. I'm pretty sure pokemon cries fall in the same bracket and new cries would be way too expensive to use.
Missing cries are actually planned to be added.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If after the hard drive restart we don't have the new cries someone ping me I most certainly have the thing uploaded on dropbox somewhere.

I don't know if I'm in the right place, please tell me where to post it if I'm not.

This is about the Damage calculator : I guess a lot of people already asked for new megas in the calculator linked with PS, but I also think it would be fine if we could add leech seed as a field effect / status / whatever.
Also, it is possible to set a Pokemon HP's to a value, but it doesn't affect the "possibly 3HKO" or those kind of message. May be it would be fine if the said mention took the given HP in consideration.

I don't know if I'm in the right place, please tell me where to post it if I'm not.

This is about the Damage calculator : I guess a lot of people already asked for new megas in the calculator linked with PS, but I also think it would be fine if we could add leech seed as a field effect / status / whatever.
Also, it is possible to set a Pokemon HP's to a value, but it doesn't affect the "possibly 3HKO" or those kind of message. May be it would be fine if the said mention took the given HP in consideration.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/6th-gen-damage-calculator.3492947/page-8

Well I have a suggestion too.

I think it would be pretty useful if you could activate (the useful command) /showjoins only for certain chat rooms, because the Join/Left messages are very spammy and
confusing in bigger chats (for example the lobby). It's only possible to deactivate it generally and that's not the solution I'm actually searching for.

silver99 - Thing is though, you don't have to use /showjoins if you don't want to.

2 more suggestions-
1) Would it be possible to let us broadcast stuff like !data and !dice via PM to others?
2) Can we have group PMs?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
silver99 - Thing is though, you don't have to use /showjoins if you don't want to.

2 more suggestions-
1) Would it be possible to let us broadcast stuff like !data and !dice via PM to others?
2) Can we have group PMs?
What silver99 meant was having /showjoins for one room but have it disabled in another room. If you do /hidejoins, it removes showjoins all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)