Suggestions

ability to create a proom locked only to yourself, its purpose would be so you could command spam (!dt etc.) without having to choose a room to clog those up with or having to scroll up through chat to the find the info ( privately broadcasted commands still bloat the chat from your perspective).

ability to create a proom locked only to yourself, its purpose would be so you could command spam (!dt etc.) without having to choose a room to clog those up with or having to scroll up through chat to the find the info ( privately broadcasted commands still bloat the chat from your perspective).
You can mostly do this already. Just take a battle chat that isn't active and do it there, or if you don't like that just take a dead room (there are plenty of prooms like this if you have invites, or some of the public ones are also mostly dead).

It would be nice if it was possible to replace players during a tour. That can be used if a player leaves in the first round and would get dq'd otherwise.
Maybe it could look like this: /tour replace [username], [username] with the second username replacing the first one.
Edit: Alternatively the tour sign ups could still be open in round one and players being replaced automatically at random after someone gets dq'd. This should probably not stack (should the second player gets dq'd as well, there should be no third one since otherwise player could be replaced indefinitely). That might be more difficult to implement though.

Last edited:
There should be a setting where you can mass ignore or simply cut off all communication between you and the other players on showdown. So those who can't stomach others and what they might have to say can enjoy the player vs player battling and that alone. When I log out the ignore list clears. I always block pms. But it's not enough. I want to battle, not engage in potentially harmful to the mind conversations with others. Don't get me wrong not everyone's toxic but I'd simply like to battle and that alone here. Please implement a mass ignore setting so us sensitive personas can utilize it and get into the battle rather than the talk and circling bigotry of the masses. Hearthstone gets it.

Show down, not only rigged, but ran by bias mods
Had that been me I would've received a crazy amount of time. Modded by teenagers and ran by kids. Once I find something more productive, or fun to put my time into I will do that instead.

Shii I might actually start buying the real Pokemon games again so I won't have to deal with any of this. The actual ip owners know what they're doing, and don't take sides.

Attachments

Last edited:
So, I feel like the Pokémon sprites that signifies that their fainted is rather difficult to see, at least for me, making it kinda hard for me to tell who's fainted and who's not. I feel like a lower opacity might help, or even giving it a darker tint

Would you please upload all pokemon battle themes and provide enable/disable options to select which ones play? The website is near flawless and this would complete it. Maybe even sliders like in SSBB & Smash 4.
When this came up before I believe the answer was that there is some sort of copyright issues around it that they can't do anything about and also yea, just do this:
You can just play a music of your choice from a different tab and mute the one on PS

Hello, I'm unsure if this has been addressed already or is unreasonable but it doesn't hurt to ask.

My suggestion was that maybe it could be possible to have a /blockpms command that blocks only unregistered users. (Kind of like autoconfirm chat). I think this would help protect from trolls who troll in PMs (like Gats) and are able to bypass /ignore with different alts that are all unregistered. Not sure if this is a reasonable suggestion but oh well.

Don't know if this was said before but this is something I'd like to suggest:

-Make more bot commands (look for multi-hit moves, Pokémon that can evolve, etc.). I think asking the bots is a great way to teambuilding by finding Pokémon that can resist each other weaknesses while having recovery or high offenses (like atk/spa>110 and speed>110), etc. I'd like both the ROM and main server bots to have more commands to look for these, both for metagames and for OU (like: evo, multihit, etc.) . The evolution command is not implemented in the main server yet and it seems like there's no command to look for multi-hit moves.
-When asking the bots, please remove the 'max 3 alternatives' limit or make it, at least, 4 alternatives. Like, I want to look for a Poke that has immunity to Electric moves, and I look for Pokémon with either Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Volt Absorb and then I have to make a different search to look for Ground types. Please.

one thing which i think is needed is either no legendary mode which is like anything goes just without legendaries or make a unranked version of anything goes cause im fed up of losing rank because somone diced to fo a full legendary team against my team with 1-0 legendaries, i feel one of or both of them are very necicry as the only way i can enjoy it unranked is i rendoms but i prefer to use my team
Agreed 100%, even if they share the tier, they have an higher BST. Should be some way to play without legends/megas.

Kalalokki

im all ears baby
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
Don't know if this was said before but this is something I'd like to suggest:

-Make more bot commands (look for multi-hit moves, Pokémon that can evolve, etc.). I think asking the bots is a great way to teambuilding by finding Pokémon that can resist each other weaknesses while having recovery or high offenses (like atk/spa>110 and speed>110), etc. I'd like both the ROM and main server bots to have more commands to look for these, both for metagames and for OU (like: evo, multihit, etc.) . The evolution command is not implemented in the main server yet and it seems like there's no command to look for multi-hit moves.
-When asking the bots, please remove the 'max 3 alternatives' limit or make it, at least, 4 alternatives. Like, I want to look for a Poke that has immunity to Electric moves, and I look for Pokémon with either Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Volt Absorb and then I have to make a different search to look for Ground types. Please.
Bots are not universally ran by the devs of PS!, you'd have to take that up with the creators of said bots if they would like to add such features. But do note that they have no obligation to do anything since it's their bot and all.

Some users got into the habit of leaving matches when they're loosing instead of forfeiting. It seems they do this because they're angry at loosing and think that making the other player waste a minute of their life can somehow compensate their loss.

This is a petty issue and if this happened once or twice I'd say nothing. But this happens every few matches. I think it actually starts annoying once this happens for the nth time – and I'm annoyed. And I wasn't the only one complaining about this in the Random Battles chatroom.

I'd say there is likely no valid reason to voluntarily leave a match without forfeiting it. The only valid reason to leave a match without forfeiting is when one is forced to do so because of connection problems.

For this reason, my suggestion is to implement a solution similar to League of Legends' LeaverBuster. LeaverBuster works that way: if a player is known to persistently leave games, they are placed in a low priority queue, that is, once they join the queue, they must wait a minimum of 5 mins before they are matchmade. If I recall, this timer will increase if a player continues leaving and decrease to 0 if they play a few games without leaving. Players are only punished if they leave persistently; one or two leaves don't trigger LeaverBuster, so players who are randomly disconnected are not punished.

I suggest implementing a similar solution on PS!. Only unlike in LeaverBuster, the timer would not increase beyond 5mins (I think 5mins is annoying enough) and only leaves will be punished, NOT forfeits.

In my opinion, developing a "culture" that almost every match will end in the winning player having to wait a minute is...well... not a good direction of development :)

One last remark: Yes, one has to wait this one minute. Though this far less common, some players are... sophisticatedly malicious enough to disconnect and return just a few seconds before the timer counts down, hoping to capture victory that way.

Last edited:
Can we have the ability to set the name of a tournament before the browser notification appears?
For example, when a tournament like this is created...
Code:
/tour create gen4ubers, elimination
/tour name [Gen 4] Anything Goes
/tour rules +Arceus, !Moody Clause, !Sleep Clause Mod, !OHKO Clause, !Species Clause, !Evasion Moves Clause
The browser notification just says that a Gen 4 Ubers tournament has been created. A lot of people take part in the tournament using just a regular Ubers team, oblivious to the fact that the tournament is Anything Goes.

Hey, could you just make the status of any revealed Pokemon remaining a little clearer? It's really annoying when their sprites are white or grey, you can't tell from a glance whether they're dead or not, maybe a very pale background colouring to show if they're out or something ...? I'm not exactly an expert in interface design, but something like that should be done to make it more clear.

Could be a really good opportunity to maybe add like a small dot or mini icon on the sprite to show if they're paralysed or burned or something too, maybe you could add some health bars too ...?

Maybe that last part may be a bit difficult, but it would be really nice to at least have the other two things, especially the first one, it really is difficult to tell on some pokemon whether they're fainted or not because their sprites blend into the background so well ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)