SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you actually have those Pokemon or have you at least seen them in game yet?
I searched Vanillite on my game and it showed up, but because Glalie isn't in my Dex it doesn't show up.

Do you actually have those Pokemon or have you at least seen them in game yet?
I searched Vanillite on my game and it showed up, but because Glalie isn't in my Dex it doesn't show up.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. You probably haven't seen a glalie or actually have them. But you can also input your own search criteria, just to be sure

note that even pokemon not in the alola dex can show up in the search options regardless. Greninja & Pidgey (seen at the nugget bridge) show up in mine, for instance.

are z moves effected by terrain conditions. i presume so since weather does but just want to confirm. eg. i want to know if garchomps z move for dragon is effected by misty surge

Do we know when it is calculated that a berry pile is small or large? I've tried some soft resetting before flying to a location that a pile is but no change.

Do we know when it is calculated that a berry pile is small or large? I've tried some soft resetting before flying to a location that a pile is but no change.
I don't know when, but it really doesn't matter as so long as you can obtain a desired berry, you can easily grow more of it in the Poke Pelago's Isle Aplenny.

I'm on my PGL account and nothing about a code for Beedrillite and Mawilite is showing up. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not available in the UK yet for some reason?

I'm on my PGL account and nothing about a code for Beedrillite and Mawilite is showing up. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not available in the UK yet for some reason?
The news post isn't there yet but I could still get the Mega Stones with this link: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

EDIT:

Is there a good way to check Ditto's Hidden Power type without leveling it up all the way to 100? Particularly for Imposters, as their IV requirements are not as strict as with other Pokemon.

I know there are wild Gastrodon with Hidden Power, but I don't know if there's anything else that knows the move to check type effectiveness.

Last edited:
The news post isn't there yet but I could still get the Mega Stones with this link: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

EDIT:

Is there a good way to check Ditto's Hidden Power type without leveling it up all the way to 100? Particularly for Imposters, as their IV requirements are not as strict as with other Pokemon.

I know there are wild Gastrodon with Hidden Power, but I don't know if there's anything else that knows the move to check type effectiveness.
The way I did it was convoluted but works. Using http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcsm.shtml I figure out IVs (I use Rare Candies to level up and reset after and/or max EVs in a particular stat when needed). Then I use http://www.pokemon-tools.com/bw/en/calc_hidden_power/ to find the HP type. It takes ages especially if I need to max EVs in a stat but it worked the one time I wanted it to (and decided it was not worth the trouble to do again).

The way I did it was convoluted but works. Using http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcsm.shtml I figure out IVs (I use Rare Candies to level up and reset after and/or max EVs in a particular stat when needed). Then I use http://www.pokemon-tools.com/bw/en/calc_hidden_power/ to find the HP type. It takes ages especially if I need to max EVs in a stat but it worked the one time I wanted it to (and decided it was not worth the trouble to do again).
Er, why would you go and use another site to check the HP type when Serebii's IV calculator can do that for you as well? (I think the other popular IV calculator can do that too) After you've hit Calculate Individual Values, just click Calculate Hidden Power right above it. It will work with Ditto as well.

Er, why would you go and use another site to check the HP type when Serebii's IV calculator can do that for you as well? (I think the other popular IV calculator can do that too) After you've hit Calculate Individual Values, just click Calculate Hidden Power right above it. It will work with Ditto as well.
I've used that calculator for years, how have I not seen that.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nope, any Vulpix or Exeggcute you evolve in Alola turn into Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Exeggutor respectively.
Any Alolan Vulpix that is evolved in Alola will evolve into Alolan Ninetales. Regular Vulpix (obtained either through transfer or by breeding a regular Vulpix that is holding an Everstone) will always evolve into regular Ninetales.
Sadly this is not the case for Eggy, as Exeggcute doesn't have an Alolan forme. All Exeggcute evolved in Alola will be Alolan Exeggctor.

I recently had someone explain Global Missions to me. I see this page on Serebii where it lists information about the current Global Mission. Do I have to hit 250,000 in order to get any prizes? I mainly want Festival Coins. Do I get a Rare Candy for each 3 BP I earn? That sounds too good to be true.

All I've done in Festival Plaza is the bare minimum that's required in order to trade. Do I need to do anything (other than using Game Sync) in order to participate in Global Missions?

I recently had someone explain Global Missions to me. I see this page on Serebii where it lists information about the current Global Mission. Do I have to hit 250,000 in order to get any prizes? I mainly want Festival Coins. Do I get a Rare Candy for each 3 BP I earn? That sounds too good to be true.

All I've done in Festival Plaza is the bare minimum that's required in order to trade. Do I need to do anything (other than using Game Sync) in order to participate in Global Missions?
Nope, you can earn the rewards by contributing 1 BP. 250,000 is too many for any one person lol, it's a group (worldwide) effort and we crushed that in the first day already. And the Rare Candy is only given out once for 3 BP, not every 3 BP.

You should link your game to your PGL account, and after that, talk to the girl on the right side of your Festival Plaza castle to join. When rewards are available, talk to her again.

Nope, you can earn the rewards by contributing 1 BP. 250,000 is too many for any one person lol, it's a group (worldwide) effort and we crushed that in the first day already. And the Rare Candy is only given out once for 3 BP, not every 3 BP.

You should link your game to your PGL account, and after that, talk to the girl on the right side of your Festival Plaza castle to join. When rewards are available, talk to her again.
Thanks. I hadn't looked at the BP payouts for the Tree yet, but 250k definitely did seem like too much for one person. So if the worldwide effort reaches 500,000, then we all get a Heavy Ball?

And I'll get paid 200 - 4000 FC depending on how many BP I get during that time span?

Thanks. I hadn't looked at the BP payouts for the Tree yet, but 250k definitely did seem like too much for one person. So if the worldwide effort reaches 500,000, then we all get a Heavy Ball?

And I'll get paid 200 - 4000 FC depending on how many BP I get during that time span?
Yep, but I think we smashed 500,000 too. Last I checked (a few days ago) we had cracked 4,000,000 BP.

The FC payout is as follows:
Mission failed, game not linked to PGL: 200 FC
Mission failed, game linked to PGL: 400 FC
Mission succeeded, game not linked to PGL: 2,000 FC
Mission succeeded, game linked to PGL: 4,000 FC

I should also mention that the reward for contributing 3 or more BP is actually 5 Rare Candy. So yeah basically to get all the rewards, you just need to get 3 BP at the Battle Tree (not Battle Royal).

Yep, but I think we smashed 500,000 too. Last I checked (a few days ago) we had cracked 4,000,000 BP.

The FC payout is as follows:
Mission failed, game not linked to PGL: 200 FC
Mission failed, game linked to PGL: 400 FC
Mission succeeded, game not linked to PGL: 2,000 FC
Mission succeeded, game linked to PGL: 4,000 FC

I should also mention that the reward for contributing 3 or more BP is actually 5 Rare Candy. So yeah basically to get all the rewards, you just need to get 3 BP at the Battle Tree (not Battle Royal).
Oh, so everyone is rewarded entirely by the numbers of the worldwide effort; it doesn't matter at all how many BP I personally earn? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Oh, so everyone is rewarded entirely by the numbers of the worldwide effort; it doesn't matter at all how many BP I personally earn? Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Well, you'll want to earn 3 BP after linking your game to your PGL account and registering for the Global Mission in order to get the 5 Rare Candy, but otherwise yes. Since the bonus goal of 500, 000 BP has been smashed, participants will also receive a Heavy Ball. Remember though that you have to talk to the Dancer woman inside the Festival Plaza castle again to register your contribution to the global mission so far.

I'm planning on getting the shiny Tapu Koko that will be distributed in Japan next week. I have two 3DS's and was wondering if I can get it on one 3DS, trade it to my other 3DS, delete the Wonder Card, and then get another one (if not, I can probably get two Tapu Koko regardless). I'm also planning on Synchronizing it and then HTing it for giving away on the forum, and was wondering what natures people would want on it (since I can get two at minimum if the Wonder Card deletion trick doesn't work, name the two most beneficial natures).

I'm planning on getting the shiny Tapu Koko that will be distributed in Japan next week. I have two 3DS's and was wondering if I can get it on one 3DS, trade it to my other 3DS, delete the Wonder Card, and then get another one (if not, I can probably get two Tapu Koko regardless). I'm also planning on Synchronizing it and then HTing it for giving away on the forum, and was wondering what natures people would want on it (since I can get two at minimum if the Wonder Card deletion trick doesn't work, name the two most beneficial natures).
Don't be so sure that you can Synchronize it, and it's likely limited to Japanese 3DS systems. It is likely only one per game, even if you delete the Wonder Card after. Also, you may want to SR for optimal stats rather than leveling it to level 100 and HT it, as yes there are folks who still want it untouched.

Don't be so sure that you can Synchronize it, and it's likely limited to Japanese 3DS systems. It is likely only one per game, even if you delete the Wonder Card after. Also, you may want to SR for optimal stats rather than leveling it to level 100 and HT it, as yes there are folks who still want it untouched.
Okay, I was under the impression it would be like the gift Magearna that it could be Synchronized, but yeah if that doesn't work I'll just have to SR it. As for leaving it untouched for those who want it untouched, I guess I can SR for optimal stats, but if my patience wears thin (my luck is trash and I don't have too much patience), then too bad for them. I'm guessing timid or naive is the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)