SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would be the best place to farm money/XP? I've beaten the Elite Four once, but am certainly not high enough level to farm them.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
What is the earliest point in the game where Mareanie can be caught?

Also, can you not register key items anymore?

What is the earliest point in the game where Mareanie can be caught?

Also, can you not register key items anymore?
Route 1 after getting Lapras Paddle.

The most you can do in the game is create a separate item menu for selected items only.

Reactions: Xen
Where/when is the Dragon Scale available? wondering if Kingdra is available before the end (Horsea is found via island scan tomorrow).

I want an Alolan Ninetails (I have Moon) and People in GTS ask for lvl 100 Solgaleo, so stupid.

Anyway, can i ask for a trade here?

Daily high level battles? Like the game freak dude?
beyond the e4 & Morimoto, the only repeatable battles are....the battle buffet. Which is less than ideal since at absolute max you're only fighting 10 pokemon. But everyone's levels are at 55 and they'll be fully evolved if they werent' already with move sets altered accordingly (Delibird has drill peck, for example).

Honestly you're probably better off just grinding wild pokemon in the post-game areas and grinding money off the e4 and random treasures you pull up while fishing.

it's so stupid and probably the biggest ball drop, honestly. even xy had the chataeu and restaurants, and those sucked.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
How do I get the Surf and Waterfall TMs? The locations thread claims they are found on Poni Breaker Coast after defeating two trainers, but said trainers aren't showing up. Does the event only show up at a certain time of day?

How do I get the Surf and Waterfall TMs? The locations thread claims they are found on Poni Breaker Coast after defeating two trainers, but said trainers aren't showing up. Does the event only show up at a certain time of day?
I was going to say you'd need to beat the e4, but their pokemon are level 44 so maybe it is time of day after passing a segment of the game?

fwiw, i found them about an hour ago

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Do we know if there's a minimum number of called allies I need to KO before hidden abilities begin to show up?

Do we know if there's a minimum number of called allies I need to KO before hidden abilities begin to show up?
A minimum, no, but after 30-40 SOS calls is very likely.

Yesterday trying to catch a Lucario, after like 30 Riolus, every 2-3 Riolu showed up with prankster.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
A minimum, no, but after 30-40 SOS calls is very likely.

Yesterday trying to catch a Lucario, after like 30 Riolus, every 2-3 Riolu showed up with prankster.
And we have to check them... manually, with Entrainment or something, don't we?

Either way, that's more reasonable than I expected.

And we have to check them... manually, with Entrainment or something, don't we?

Either way, that's more reasonable than I expected.
It depends. For example, Riolu has Prankster, so when he goes first with a non-atacking move you know thats the one. Skarmory has sturdy, etc. But if the hability its impossible to see, like Regenerator, then yes, we have to check it "manually".

I assume that there will be an arena where I encounter the first Lunala in the playthrough. Will I be able to freely leave and get a synchroniser (since I haven't managed to catch one yet) and then come back to soft reset it?

Also I'm at the part where
I visit the Aether Paradise for the second time, just encountered Lusamine,
how close is this to the Lunala encounter?

Last edited:
I want an Alolan Ninetails (I have Moon) and People in GTS ask for lvl 100 Solgaleo, so stupid.

Anyway, can i ask for a trade here?
try putting in the GTS an alolan sandshrew requesting an alolan vulpix, it should work as is the fairest trade.

Is there any previous condition to meet in order to start getting S.O.S. battles, or can you get them right from the start of the game? I remember than in BW you need to beat the first gym to start getting rustling grass, so I thought it would be something similar

So I think I understand how chaining works. What I don't understand is when to throw my pokeball. Say I was looking for a HA 4IV+ pokemon. How long does my chain need to be to guarentee I'll get a pokemon like that? Are there any guarentees? Is there a guide on what you get after X number of chains?

Beginner here. I think this is the place to ask this. Looking to dip into competitive battling down the line. Haven't played since Gen 1/2. My question is for Gen 7 competition. Will Gen 7 competition be playable with only Pokemon available in this game? Will I need the older generation games in order to bring over any Pokemon that can be used for competitive battling? I'm looking forward to breeding, EV training, etc but not sure if I'm not going to be able to play with no access to previous gens. Basically, does have a copy of Moon allow me access to the entire competitive scene or will I need to import things/Pokemon from the older gen games?

try putting in the GTS an alolan sandshrew requesting an alolan vulpix, it should work as is the fairest trade.

Is there any previous condition to meet in order to start getting S.O.S. battles, or can you get them right from the start of the game? I remember than in BW you need to beat the first gym to start getting rustling grass, so I thought it would be something similar
I left a Spinarak in GTS because some dude was going to give me a Vulpix. Today i see that other person gave me a Vulpix for my Spinarak. GTS is weird.

You need to complete the first trial in order to get SOS battles (The raticate one i think)

So I think I understand how chaining works. What I don't understand is when to throw my pokeball. Say I was looking for a HA 4IV+ pokemon. How long does my chain need to be to guarentee I'll get a pokemon like that? Are there any guarentees? Is there a guide on what you get after X number of chains?
No my friend, no guarentees, but like i said, is very likely after 30 mons. In my (Short) experience, i have caught like 10 mons in chains of 30-40 and 8 of them have 4 31 IVS (Just checked). The other 2 have 3 31 IVS.

Beginner here. I think this is the place to ask this. Looking to dip into competitive battling down the line. Haven't played since Gen 1/2. My question is for Gen 7 competition. Will Gen 7 competition be playable with only Pokemon available in this game? Will I need the older generation games in order to bring over any Pokemon that can be used for competitive battling? I'm looking forward to breeding, EV training, etc but not sure if I'm not going to be able to play with no access to previous gens. Basically, does have a copy of Moon allow me access to the entire competitive scene or will I need to import things/Pokemon from the older gen games?
Welcome to the forum bro. Actually there is a forum called "Uncharted Territory" with a SQSA thread. Anyway, if you refer to VGC or -non Smogon- competitive battling, then they only allow pokemons that you can get in Sun and Moon, so you dont need access to older generation games. If you want to try Smogon battling then there is a program called Pokemon Showdown and there you can battle online and built your own team, no mather neither the generation nor if the mons are available in this game.

Welcome to the forum bro. Actually there is a forum called "Uncharted Territory" with a SQSA thread. Anyway, if you refer to VGC or -non Smogon- competitive battling, then they only allow pokemons that you can get in Sun and Moon, so you dont need access to older generation games. If you want to try Smogon battling then there is a program called Pokemon Showdown and there you can battle online and built your own team, no mather neither the generation nor if the mons are available in this game.
Thank you. I'll be sure to take all my further questions there. I see. That puts me in a weird spot. I strongly prefer Smogon rules and singles battles over the VGC I think and would prefer to play on cartridge. Are there Smogon battles ran on cartridge? If so, are pre-Gen 7 Pokemon used in those? I suppose there may not be a way to battle on cartridge with Smogon rules without access to previous gens, which like puts me way behind? I would like to grind out breeding and have the satisfaction of building my own Pokemon then bringing it into an online cartridge battle, preferred Smogon rules.

Thank you. I'll be sure to take all my further questions there. I see. That puts me in a weird spot. I strongly prefer Smogon rules and singles battles over the VGC I think and would prefer to play on cartridge. Are there Smogon battles ran on cartridge? If so, are pre-Gen 7 Pokemon used in those? I suppose there may not be a way to battle on cartridge with Smogon rules without access to previous gens, which like puts me way behind? I would like to grind out breeding and have the satisfaction of building my own Pokemon then bringing it into an online cartridge battle, preferred Smogon rules.
Well, Smogon battles normally ran in Showdown, but im sure you can find people in the forum (Maybe Wi-fi forum) that wants to battle online. In this moment is not possible to access to old games mons because the way to get them is via PokeBank, an Eshop app that allows you to transfer your mons from old games (5 and 6 gen i think) and right now PokeBank is no available (till a couple months). So, if you want to battle on cartridge, then you are ok because everyone else have to do the same.

PD: I got a question. Is there anyway to get a Togepi? Some dude in Wonder trade gave me a Togepi but i dont know if that is legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)