SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the level curve ruined in this game by EXP Share like it was in XY? Is the game more fun with it turned off?

Can someone confirm if Wonder Trade has returned. Haven't seen anyone confirm it yet and it was one of the best features introduced last generation.

Is the level curve ruined in this game by EXP Share like it was in XY? Is the game more fun with it turned off?
In my opinion, if you use it with a strong party, it will ruin the difficulty. Gen 5 exp mechanics reduce its effect a little bit, but the extra levels and EVs can really make a difference. Nothing ever dies and you have no trouble with the opposition.

Now turn it off, and the game suddenly becomes challenging and tactically demanding.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
What's a good Mega for Battle Tree and Battle Royal?
Preferably one with Fake Out and / or Taunt.

No. Even with EXP share, Sun and Moon are difficult games.
It has been really tough for everyone including people who use EXP share.

Can someone confirm if Wonder Trade has returned. Haven't seen anyone confirm it yet and it was one of the best features introduced last generation.
Yes, it can be found within the Trade tab in Festival Plaza.

Is there a purpose for Big/Tiny Mushrooms beyond selling?
Nope.

I would play it by ear. I just got to the third island, and never needed it, yet got absolutely swept in the battle with Hau's Raichu. If the difficulty becomes more unbearable and frustrating than anything, turn it on for a bit to gain a few levels and catch up.

Is there any quicker way to get the Destiny Knot than farming BP at the Battle Royale? If not, what are some good Pokemon to use for it?

Where do i find items like HP up, and Carbos and that kinda stuff without using BP?
I've got a 3 star pharmacy in festival plaza that sells 4 of each daily for 60 festival coins

There's also a pokemon centre that sells them for 10k each. I forgot which one but I've just got to the 4th island so it's either there or one of the later ones on the 3rd island.

What's the best Pokemon at catching Legendaries that can use false swipe, spore, heal block (if needed), etc? Mainly just to make SRing for natures quicker.

And on that note how abundant and grindable are bottle caps for boosting stats to max?

Has anyone been able to catch a Rough Skin Gabite, because I'm not sure if you can get one with it's HA now. I have gone through 10+ Gabite now and not one has had its hidden ability. This is important because then it will not be legal for the current OU ladder. Again I will try to get a larger sample size as the one I have right now is rather small.

Also I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to reset my ride pager selections for the arrow keys. Can someone tell me how I do that again?

Last edited:
Where do you obtain a Lucky Egg? I read that you need to have 50 Pokemon in your Pokedex and then talk to Kukui ... I have 116 total.

Also, if you rematch Kiawe and Ilima for their battle styles, where do you do it? I've only found Lana.

Where do you obtain a Lucky Egg? I read that you need to have 50 Pokemon in your Pokedex and then talk to Kukui ... I have 116 total.

Also, if you rematch Kiawe and Ilima for their battle styles, where do you do it? I've only found Lana.
Ilima is in his mansion.

Kiawe is sun exclusive. At night, go to the western town's grill house (it's full of magmars) and hten go into his room. Talk to him and he'll go to the mega mart where you can battle him.

Ilima is in his mansion.

Kiawe is sun exclusive. At night, go to the western town's grill house (it's full of magmars) and hten go into his room. Talk to him and he'll go to the mega mart where you can battle him.
Does that mean Lana is Moon exclusive then? Wasn't expecting battle styles to be version exclusive, how annoying. I didn't even know Ilima had a mansion. Thank you.

Has anyone found a Castform? Pokédex says it's in Lush Jungle and according to Serebii it should only show up during rain. I've been SOS chaining with my Drizzle Pelipper and have only gotten 3 or so Goomy in a chain of over 60 Trumbeak. Any tips?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Does that mean Lana is Moon exclusive then? Wasn't expecting battle styles to be version exclusive, how annoying. I didn't even know Ilima had a mansion. Thank you.
Ilima and Lana are in both versions; Kiawe is Sun exclusive, Mallow is Moon exclusive.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
And on that note how abundant and grindable are bottle caps for boosting stats to max?
Reasonably abundant, thanks to the magic of cloning.

Has anyone been able to catch a Rough Skin Gabite, because I'm not sure if you can get one with it's HA now. I have gone through 10+ Gabite now and not one has had its hidden ability. This is important because then it will not be legal for the current OU ladder. Again I will try to get a larger sample size as the one I have right now is rather small.

Also I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to reset my ride pager selections for the arrow keys. Can someone tell me how I do that again?
Yes, it is possible to get a Rough Skin Gabite, it's just unlikely.
To set your Pager Arrow Keys, press the Y Button to bring up the Pager menu, then press on the circle with the cross in the middle next to the Pokemon you want to reassign, then enter a direction with the D-Pad.

Can I faint the Ultra Beasts and lengendaries (including the Tapus) and catch them after the Elite 4?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Can I faint the Ultra Beasts and lengendaries (including the Tapus) and catch them after the Elite 4?
Like in Gens 5 and 6, the Cover Legendary must be caught to continue the game. The good news is that you can get your Synchronizer for catching it then get your normal team back afterward because the game doesn't immediately force you into a battle.
They respawn until you catch them, but they're after the Elite 4 anyway. Good luck with the insane attack stat ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)